• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Soul Calibur is definitely easier to add. It's not focused on limb-based gameplay, and Nightmare has a far more simplistic moveset than some. Being the mascot helps.

I do think Digimon is also being slept on. It's a very notable series of Bandai-Namco. Though it's not like there isn't Tales and Dark Souls to look at, along with many others. Namco-Bandai is full of franchises.

D

Deleted member

So far, Smash Ultimate really is the Ultimate game for me.

When K. Rool was announced, he was my most wanted and I was happy with the others added in the base roster as well (Ridley played well, Incineroar was a cool addition, and I enjoyed the Belmonts; no comment on Isabelle).

Joker and Hero were Icing on the Cake. And the Cake became that much better. Terry was cool and Byleth I eventually warmed up to; they were like fancy silverware being added to use with said cake.

Sephiroth being added is a whole extra Cake.

The fact that he's actually pretty fun to play as really makes me happy. I was worried that while I would enjoy the character, his play style wouldnt match mine and it would be hard to work with (like Joker....though I got used to him somewhat), but Sephiroth really is amazing to play as. You feel so powerful.

I'm getting better with him now in my form of 'training' which is doing 5v5 matches against level 7 CPUs and seeing how long I can keep Sephiroth going before being forced to use the next fighter.

Last edited by a moderator:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
So far, Smash Ultimate really is the Ultimate game for me.

When K. Rool was announced, he was my most wanted and I was happy with the others added in the base roster as well (Ridley played well, Incineroar was a cool addition, and I enjoyed the Belmonts; no comment on Isabelle).

Joker and Hero were Icing on the Cake. And the Cake became that much better. Terry was cool and Byleth I eventually warmed up to; they were like fancy silverware being added to use with said cake.

Sephiroth being added is a whole extra Cake.

The fact that he's actually pretty fun to play as really makes me happy. I was worried that while I would enjoy the character, his play style wouldnt match mine and it would be hard to work with (like Joker....though I got used to him somewhat), but Sephiroth really is amazing to play as. You feel so powerful.

I'm getting better with him now in my form of 'training' which is doing 5v5 matches against level 7 CPUs and seeing how long I can keep Sephiroth going before being forced to use the next fighter.
:ultridley: :ultkrool: :ultbanjokazooie: :ultsteve::ultsephiroth:

How more ultimate can you get?

dezeray112

Smash Hero
So what Street Fighter II tracks would Chun-Li bring that we don't have already?
They could remix version of Chun-Li's SF II theme just like they had done with Ryu, Ken, Guile and Vega's theme.

In addition, they could also throw in some themes from Street Fighter III such as the China Vox theme (Chun-Li's theme in Street Fighter III) etc.

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
It is interesting to see the range in tastes with Smash. I haven't been really excited by any newcomer since Terry, but it is clear that the last 3-4 characters have made a lot of people really excited and kept the momentum for them with hype. I just hope the second half of Fighter's Pass 2 can do the same for me.

SNEKeater

Smash Master
That is true, but I bet that if those guy saw any mention of Smash Bros in it, it would have been released first too ngl.

If it's Chun-Li, probably since we dont have much about SF beside SF6 being developed and Ultra SF6 already planned-
However MH is dead in the water for me since we got lots of it and even marketing schedules and 0 mention of Smash anywhere
What if there's a Capcom character but there's 0 mentions of it in the leak? Like, the 1TB of data that the hackers got might not necessarily contain absolutely everything about Capcom, and I personally doubt that is not the case.

As XorahnGaia XorahnGaia has mentioned, I think they haven't even released half of the info they stole. Plus as he said, there are some "inconsistencies" like
Phoenix Wright being the next character in Teppen not being mentioned in Ace Attorney related documents, or how Ace Attorney 7, despite being mentioned in a initial slider about their releases for the upcoming years, hasn't made a second appearance in all the documents about The Great Ace Attorney, and IMO it's strange they wouldn't mention AA7 there

MarioRaccoon

Smash Ace
IMO the original schedule was to revealed Min Min a week before E3 (and released her the same day as traditional Nintendo E3 Direct), then at E3, they announced Steve. Sephiroth was likely intended to be announced at september and released by november, like Terry last year.

btw, its possible that Lloyd mii costume gets released with another JRPG fighter, like from Pokémon or Xenoblade.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Soul Calibur is definitely easier to add. It's not focused on limb-based gameplay, and Nightmare has a far more simplistic moveset than some.
Not that limb-based systems are impossible, but Soulcalibur is so much straightforward with its ABKG system that making a moveset would be more natural.

A and B being vertical and horizontal weapon swings (forgot which is which but point is the same) being perfect for up and forward moves.

K for kicks making them perfect for jabs and maybe some other moves (like how Nightmare has an aerial dropkick, which could be a great fair).

And G is just guard, which the shield function already covers for Smash, meaning Soul characters have one less button to worry about for transitioning to Smash than Tekken characters.

Only issue is trying to impliment 8 way run into this, which is basically impossible, but it’s not like a Soul character can’t feel faithful without it.

Last edited:

Strife

Banned via Warnings
With all this talk about Chun-Li. Street fighter 4 had focus attack as its primary additive mechanic. Does anyone know what mechanics Street Fighter 5 had added to it? I'm asking in case they add Akuma, I'm wondering how they'd differentiate him from the other shotos

Not that limb-based systems are impossible, but Soulcalibur is so much straightforward with its ABKG system that making a moveset would be more natural.

A and B being vertical and horizontal weapon swings (forgot which is which but point is the same) being perfect for up and forward moves.

K for kicks making them perfect for jabs and maybe some other moves (like how Nightmare has an aerial dropkick, which could be a great fair).

And G is just guard, which the shield function already covers for Smash, meaning Soul characters have one less button to worry about for transitioning to Smash than Tekken characters.

Only issue is trying to impliment 8 way run into this, which is basically impossible, but it’s not like a Soul character can’t feel faithful without it.
8 way run, as in the streaming team? Why would they matter in regards to this?

And if we do get a Soul Caliber rep, I hope its not Nightmare(I bet he'd even play like Sephiroth), Cervantes would be cool; he even has a more dynamic fighting style. I never played beyond Soul Calibur 2 though. So if they're any likely characters to be added that were introduced after that I'd be happy to hear about them.

Oracle Link

Smash Master
While you're right, I think it's also worth mentioning just because Sephiroth caught us completely off guard it doesn't mean the next 3 DLC characters will be curveballs or left field picks. Who knows we might end having 3 "safe" characters, something like Hayabusa, Crash and Rex as the final three.

And this is coming from someone who a good chunk of his most wanteds would probably be considered curveballs.
I think the 3 safe picks should include Bandana Wddale Dee i mean he is probably in the top 3 of requested nintendo Characters was in multiple games and kirby needs a 4th rep

then again Sakurai (and his team but if he wants to take full credit he also should take full blame) makes weird/dumb decision a lot of time i mean 1 Star allies rip and 3 Air Ride song (with Remixes) Void Damnit

Lionfranky

Smash Lord
Does Sephiroth kinda lower chance of other katana users? Like Lloyd and 2B. If we go by FP1 trend, I don't think either one will make it. I think Sakurai is careful about avoiding overlapping weapon. I mean you can argue that Hero and Blyeth have the same sword, but their weapons are much more distinct apart than difference among weapons of Sephiroth, Lloyd and 2B. Yeah yeah, I know that 2B can switch to other weapons, but her katana is the main and signature weapon.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
You guys are still riding the Chun-Li leak? Man, y'all are gonna be disappointed if you wait basically four months just telling yourself a leak that can't make sense in any capacity tells you who the next character is.

Believe leaks like the new Super Baby leak in FighterZ, not the textleaks someone hit ctrl+f "Sephiroth" on that dates back two years. :nifty:

D

Deleted member

Okay. I've uhh... Changed my mind. Actually, I will be back on the 30th. Maybe. Who knows where my mind will drift?

Either way, Sephiroth from Final Fantasy VII.

Farewell, Smashers!

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
With all this talk about Chun-Li. Street fighter 4 had focus attack as its primary additive mechanic. Does anyone know what mechanics Street Fighter 5 had added to it? I'm asking in case they add Akuma, I'm wondering how they'd differentiate him from the other shotos
V-Skill/V-Reversal/V-Trigger, all of which are different for each character.

Oracle Link

Smash Master
You guys are still riding the Chun-Li leak? Man, y'all are gonna be disappointed if you wait basically four months just telling yourself a leak that can't make sense in any capacity tells you who the next character is.

Believe leaks like the new Super Baby leak in FighterZ, not the textleaks someone hit ctrl+f "Sephiroth" on that dates back two years. :nifty:
speaking of fighterz does somebody know a Fighterz smash mod either Characters or Artstyles i mean both games are 2d

Brother AJ

Smash Lord
NNID
Brother_AJ
I'm having a hard time dealing with the reality of Ganondorf's moveset lately. I feel like the respect that Sephiroth got triggered it. WHY is he like this? I would've happily left him out of Melee if I knew this was going to happen. He should be reflecting projectiles instead of being dominated by them. He should have his own projectile.

I understand there are people that like his moveset, but surely there's a compromise we can reach? Probably will never happen unless Sakurai steps down from Smash, but I feel like simply changing his specials would do it. Let him keep Flame Choke, but give him Deadman's Volley, Float, and a cape parry. That would flesh out his options so much and make him that much more true to his original character.

I guess I'm just kind of babbling. I'm grateful he's in the game at all, but this just gets me down every so often. Smash would be nearly perfect to me if they gave Ganondorf a decent overall.

Any encouraging words for me? Lol

Last edited:

kirbsmash

Smash Champion
I understand there are people that like his moveset, but surely there's a compromise we can reach? Probably will never happen unless Sakurai steps down from Smash, but I feel like simply changing his specials would do it. Let him keep flame choke, but give him Deadman's Volley, Float, and a cape parry. That would flesh out his options so much and make him that much more truer to his original character.
We talked about this few days ago btw.

Gitaroo

Smash Cadet
Does Sephiroth kinda lower chance of other katana users? Like Lloyd and 2B. If we go by FP1 trend, I don't think either one will make it. I think Sakurai is careful about avoiding overlapping weapon. I mean you can argue that Hero and Blyeth have the same sword, but their weapons are much more distinct apart than difference among weapons of Sephiroth, Lloyd and 2B. Yeah yeah, I know that 2B can switch to other weapons, but her katana is the main and signature weapon.
Not all of Lloyd's Dual Blades are katanas. In fact the pair he's most often depicted with in art is too straight to be a katana. He's also been depicted with rapiers, and the plot-important material blades.

Even if he did have katanas I think he'd be pretty distinct by virtue of having two, and you know, not being 10 feet long.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Then let's talk Nightmare because SoulCalibur, the game with wacky crossovers, being on Nintendo's own wacky crossover would be a neat idea :p

This was my however-my-posting-frequency-in-this-thread-is-because-it's-certainly-not-daily post about stanning Nightmare
Aight then.

Nightmare's trailer starts, with SC's own narrator talking briefly about how his thirst for power led him to Smash.

Seriously, Nightmare is probably my most wanted fighting game character right now.
Alongside maybe Sub-Zero/Scorpion.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
The only thing that make me doubt.tm the fact that we will get a Capcom rep is that there no mention of it in the literal GIGABYTES of leaks from the company, especially the marketing aspect of it.
We know tons of stuff related to marketing timing and even limited time exclusivity for Nintendo, sliders for internal marketing bullet points and timing release/ marketing plan.

Im sure if they got a fighter we would have heard about it, even more if it's releated to MH
I've been following this leak very closely, and I don't find the lack of any Smash info suspicious. Only about 10% of the information that was stolen is out yet, and we're already past stuff like Resident Evil 8 and Street Fighter 6. I imagine that it'll turn up at some point - especially as, like others mentioned, we should hear about Smash at least for the returning Mii Costumes.
Uhhhh. Ok this is weird. Why did you copy what i said on Gamefaqs?
Thanks for confirming my suspicions that this person copies all of their posts from other websites. Makes sense with how they all have different writing styles and more often than not are non-sequiturs unrelated to current discussion.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Nightmare is a power house who isn't very fast, and is quite clearly about forcing an enemy onto another part of the screen.

And he uses his foot. Many times. And that's just from II alone. He's not very similar to Sephiroth either. While they both have reach, they use different kinds of swords and stances. A big part of Nightmare and other SC characters is the stance system. Besides, he's known for being able to launch, and even set up a form of a trapping move to immediately launch the user in the air. It's more comparable to Ganondorf's current sword, in how he plays at times.

His Down Tilt, for example, can be that launching move. You'd just hold it down, and if somebody is close enough, letting it go would immediately throw them into the air, likely spinning them akin to Disable. He also has a very clear grab with his claw, which he would easily use a Knee Attack as well(it's actually not that off from the one Marth has used before). He even has an easy down throw, where he stomps on them with his foot. And that's just off the top of my head. Nightmare also has an easy Final Smash in Night Terror, though I'm not sure there's a good way to represent him as a more cutscene-like variation. What was cool, in the past, is that he was a boss who couldn't actually be stage KO'd, so he'd just last a while. He also flies, but it'd be closer to floating like Master Hand, not Super Sonic, if that was doable in this game. He also has his own cutscene final attack in IV, which could be redone for Smash. He's got a plethora of options without even using Siegfried's partial moves(who could be a potential alt, but I'd stick with the female Nightmare instead for half the alts).

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Honestly I keep seeing comments like this and it almost feels like jealousy.

Like speculation has to entertain people as opposed to... well...

talking about likely scenarios...
Tbf the best parts of speculation are the times when something nobody ever considered gets brought up or someone mentioning a character you don't know but think looks cool and want to check their games out.

Gitaroo

Smash Cadet
Akuma has quite a bit of unique moves that would differentiate him from ken and ryu Including:

Dashes that phase through attacks

Diagonal fireballs

A lightning tatsumaki which is a strong juggling tool (comboing into itself in MVC3) and falling diagonal in midair.

A chargeable explosive version of his hadouken in SFV

And a lot of more 'powerful' anime-ish moves using satsui no hado.

Last edited:

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Nightmare is a power house who isn't very fast, and is quite clearly about forcing an enemy onto another part of the screen.

And he uses his foot. Many times. And that's just from II alone. He's not very similar to Sephiroth either. While they both have reach, they use different kinds of swords and stances. A big part of Nightmare and other SC characters is the stance system. Besides, he's known for being able to launch, and even set up a form of a trapping move to immediately launch the user in the air. It's more comparable to Ganondorf's current sword, in how he plays at times.

His Down Tilt, for example, can be that launching move. You'd just hold it down, and if somebody is close enough, letting it go would immediately throw them into the air, likely spinning them akin to Disable. He also has a very clear grab with his claw, which he would easily use a Knee Attack as well(it's actually not that off from the one Marth has used before). He even has an easy down throw, where he stomps on them with his foot. And that's just off the top of my head. Nightmare also has an easy Final Smash in Night Terror, though I'm not sure there's a good way to represent him as a more cutscene-like variation. What was cool, in the past, is that he was a boss who couldn't actually be stage KO'd, so he'd just last a while. He also flies, but it'd be closer to floating like Master Hand, not Super Sonic, if that was doable in this game. He also has his own cutscene final attack in IV, which could be redone for Smash. He's got a plethora of options without even using Siegfried's partial moves(who could be a potential alt, but I'd stick with the female Nightmare instead for half the alts).
Excellent read! I didn't use Nightmare much, but you seem to have listed most mechanics.

How should guard breaking be represented? Without necessarily making him an easy shield breaker.
Also, some of his fiercest moves, or maybe specials, should turn the opponents around.

And one last thing... Female Nightmare?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Excellent read! I didn't use Nightmare much, but you seem to have listed most mechanics.

How should guard breaking be represented? Without necessarily making him an easy shield breaker.
Also, some of his fiercest moves, or maybe specials, should turn the opponents around.

And one last thing... Female Nightmare?
Nightmare is a suit used by many. In six, a female character becomes the new Nightmare, and the Siegfried variant is another too. I think it was Sophitia that is the new Nightmare?? But they may be different builds so might not work as alts.

Hmm. Guard Breaking is hard to do without it being an obvious Counter, and that's not entirely necessary. He doesn't have projectiles(outside of Night Terror), so it might be difficult to justify. It's an important tool to the franchise, but it's based upon 3D gameplay too. However, one way to do it is if you do a perfect shield, you can immediately follow up with a move faster than others. That might be arguably broken, though.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Probably not given we got two swordfighters:ulthero::ultbyleth: in the first pass.

spicynun

Smash Journeyman
Honestly even if that leak isn't real, I personally hope we at least get a Namco and Capcom rep for two out of the three remaining spots. It's hard to go wrong with either company since they still have so many great characters not included yet.

Dinoman96

Smash Master
I feel like Sakurai's reluctance on completely changing characters' movesets is both a blessing and a curse.

On one hand, yeah, it sucks that characters like Ganondorf and Samus are still stuck with unfitting or oudated movesets all these years. But on the other hand...well, let me talk about Marvel vs. Capcom 3 for a bit.

Jill Valentine was one of my favorite characters in MVC2, so when I first heard that she was going to be disc-locked content for MVC3 at first I was stoked...but then I saw her new design.

As someone who hadn't actually played through RE5, this was ****ing jarring as hell. And well, when she actually got released, she wasn't even anything like the old Jill I liked from MVC2. I just wanted my zombie summoning waifu back, not this weird Zero Suit Samus knockoff.

Fun fact: I was 13 when MVC3 got announced. Now, I'm 24.

Essentially they pretty much just killed off the original Jill and put in an entirely different character that shares her name. And well, I think that's what Sakurai is just trying to avoid here. He knows that people like Captain Ganondorf as is and would be upset if that moveset was tossed out forever in favor of an entirely different one, which I can understand.

Last edited:

SNEKeater

Smash Master
I feel like Sakurai's reluctance on completely changing characters' movesets is both a blessing and a curse.

On one hand, yeah, it sucks that characters like Ganondorf and Samus are still stuck with unfitting or oudated movesets all these years. But on the other hand...well, let me talk about Marvel vs. Capcom 3 for a bit.

Jill Valentine was one of my favorite characters in MVC2, so when I first heard that she was going to be disc-locked content for MVC3 at first I was stoked...but then I saw her new design.

As someone who hadn't actually played through RE5, this was ****ing jarring as hell. And well, when she actually got released, she wasn't even anything like the old Jill I liked from MVC2. I just wanted my zombie summoning waifu back, not this weird Zero Suit Samus knockoff.

Fun fact: I was 13 when MVC3 got announced. Now, I'm 24.

Essentially they pretty much just killed off the original Jill and put in an entirely different character that shares her name. And well, I think that's what Sakurai is just trying to avoid here. He knows that people like Captain Ganondorf as is and would be upset if that moveset was tossed out forever in favor of an entirely different one, which I can understand.
A bit unrelated to your post but I never liked RE5 Jill's design.

Gitaroo

Smash Cadet
Nightmare is a suit used by many. In six, a female character becomes the new Nightmare, and the Siegfried variant is another too. I think it was Sophitia that is the new Nightmare?? But they may be different builds so might not work as alts.
As a soul calibur fan, this is the first I've heard of it. In SC6 Nightmare is Siegfried for most of it as it replays the events of SC1. As far as I know it doesn't take a new host.

Are you sure you don't mean Pyrrha from SC5? Sophitias daughter in the future timeline who gets influenced by and wields Soul Edge?
While she has some Nightmare-eque moves, her general moveset wouldn't really work for a Nightmare Skin, especially with her weapon being pretty different.

It also makes more sense for the Siegfried alt considering he's the most famous 'Nightmare' and even after he's released from its grasp Nightmare being left on its own continues imitating his general style and weapon as well as the later user who used the Nightmare moniker.

Strife

Banned via Warnings
V-Skill/V-Reversal/V-Trigger, all of which are different for each character.
Hmmm I had thought they would use his V-Trigger as his ultimate smash but I had forgotten about Sutsui no Hado. Perhaps, that could be a down B command grab, makes me wonder how they'd incoroproate his teleport though.

Akuma has quite a bit of unique moves that would differentiate him from ken and ryu Including:

Dashes that phase through attacks

Diagonal fireballs

A lightning tatsumaki which is a strong juggling tool (comboing into itself in MVC3) and falling diagonal in midair.

A chargeable explosive version of his hadouken in SFV

And a lot of more 'powerful' anime-ish moves using satsui no hado.
I don't see how they would incorporate his tatsumaki in a meaningful way. Unlike Ken's that combos and Ryu's that knocks you away it just bounces you (I don't recall thier be a lightning element to it, is that a street fighter 5 thing?), it made the short one good for getting it up into a DP combo, but with how knockback scaling works it seems wonky, especially considering there needs to be there different version of it.

He also has that flip move, which would be good as an up B I thnk.

SKX31

Smash Master
We talked about this few days ago btw.
Still, it's a worthwhile discussion to have now that Sephiroth's out and has a moveset that's as explosive as Ganondorf's. If not even more explosive since Sephiroth has multiple ways to set up instant shield breaks / devastating shield pokes (while Ganondorf's Smashes and Volcano Kick come close, they're not as consistent IMHO):

Source video here - Larry Lurr titled the video "Don't shield against Sephiroth" for a reason.

I'm having a hard time dealing with the reality of Ganondorf's moveset lately. I feel like the respect that Sephiroth got triggered it. WHY is he like this? I would've happily left him out of Melee if I knew this was going to happen. He should be reflecting projectiles instead of being dominated by them. He should have his own projectile.

I understand there are people that like his moveset, but surely there's a compromise we can reach? Probably will never happen unless Sakurai steps down from Smash, but I feel like simply changing his specials would do it. Let him keep flame choke, but give him Deadman's Volley, Float, and a cape parry. That would flesh out his options so much and make him that much more true to his original character.

I guess I'm just kind of babbling. I'm grateful he's in the game at all, but this just gets me down every so often. Smash would be nearly perfect to me if they gave Ganondorf a decent overall.

Any encouraging words for me? Lol
Besides agreeing on the whole (and reiterating my thoughts from a couple days ago):

It's pretty much certain that Ganondorf's clone status was not intended to be a dis-service or anything: Sakurai outright admitted on the Japanese Melee website that Ganondorf was initially not part of the project plan, but got in not just because of how easy it was to clone him, but also due to popularity (as evidenced by the Smash 2 poll).

And it's worth noting that there are multiple reasons for people to go back to older titles (at least for a session or two): It's not just competitive 64 and Melee players who generally stick to their title, but also instances where people simply lack access to Ultimate at someone's house or whatever. Sakurai's probably thinking of that in order to avoid jarring character changes.

That said, if there's any encouraging words? The sword Smashes were a step in the right direction IMHO, and it's certainly possible that Ganondorf recieves further changes when Smash 6 comes along. I doubt that several of his Falcon-inspired moves will go away (Down Air is famous for being the strongest Spike in Smash, for instance), I mean, DORIYAH was really well-recieved to begin with, even if his Brawl / 4 Up Smash was removed (and that one was well-recieved too).

I'm someone who really likes the Falcondorf moveset, but it might be for the best to give him something new like DMV and / or the float when Smash 6 comes around. His current status is that he can be potentially devastating (both in casual and competitive settings, yes), but he shouldn't be plagued with a combination of sluggish neutral, really bad disadvantage and a very exploitable recovery. Reducing one or a couple of the weaknesses with the float and / or DMV / whatever a bit might be a good way to go, even if it winds up reducing his sheer power a bit to compensate.

Gitaroo

Smash Cadet
Hmmm I had thought they would use his V-Trigger as his ultimate smash but I had forgotten about Sutsui no Hado. Perhaps, that could be a down B command grab, makes me wonder how they'd incoroproate his teleport though.

I don't see how they would incorporate his tatsumaki in a meaningful way. Unlike Ken's that combos and Ryu's that knocks you away it just bounces you (I don't recall thier be a lightning element to it, is that a street fighter 5 thing?), it made the short one good for getting it up into a DP combo, but with how knockback scaling works it seems wonky, especially considering there needs to be there different version of it.

He also has that flip move, which would be good as an up B I thnk.
hey c'mon if its akuma's final smash theres no way its not raging demon right

(or maybe secret 2nd final smash complete with input that will make non-FG players scared)

It had a pronounced electric and juggling effect in Marvel vs Capcom 3, where it was one of his best tools for comboing and pressure/assist.
He also had this super which was a barrage of gohadokens.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
This has less to do with Nightmare and more with an overall feel of the last few newcomers...

But I would REALLY like to see somebody who has faster move speeds and what not. Sephiroth is probably my favorite of this pass, but I’d love to see somebody who is faster all around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom