• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

SNEKeater

Smash Master
Night.

Also, who thinks the Capcom rep is being saved for last?
I'm having that feeling as well.

Monster Hunter is the most likeliest Capcom representative to me. Dante has some solid merit too. Don't underestimate Phoenix Wright. He's been making a comeback, and he is quite close with Nintendo, so he has some merit.
Well, to be fair, Monster Hunter is also very close to Nintendo. And a bigger console seller on Nintendo consoles than Ace Attorney, even if I like AA more.

Momentary

Smash Cadet
I think the Capcom leak has gone on to reveal Ace Attorney 7 being in development.

Now I await for Darkstalkers 4 and Okami 2...
If I recall correctly from my time in that one server. The game was at first there but when a more recent list came to fruition it was missing.

Simplythe1

Smash Apprentice
To be fair it's not like his chances hinge on the leak. Though, there is the question of if he can get in over a Trails character. Trails seems to be the more popular of the two, but Ys wins out in the legacy department. There's also the fact that Adol, Estelle, and Rean have all been shown favoritism by the head of Falcom (I think); Estelle being his favorite character to write for, Adol being his first pick for Smash, and Rean as a backup because he can't picture how Adol would play. I want Adol the most, but I'm not sure who would actually get the spot. Either way, we should be able to get some good Falcom tunes out of it.
Ditto, also If Adol is the one chosen, he has to have something similar to the bump system so we can basically do this when running
tenor-1.gif

Momentary

Smash Cadet
i do know that great ace attorney was being localized however. I wouldnt call that "comeback" worthy though

D

Deleted member

I don't get it.

Well, to be fair, Monster Hunter is also very close to Nintendo. And a bigger console seller on Nintendo consoles than Ace Attorney, even if I like AA more.
Good point. But if we were going on sales alone, then we would have seen GTA and Call of Duty in Smash. There is a lot more involved.

Though I do agree Monster Hunter is the likeliest Capcom representative.

Þe 1 → Way

Smash Champion
Alright how about a game?

Let's say there is a third fighters pass just for the sake of filling up the spaces so you only get three fighters and 1 individual fighter who doesn't have the other stuff like a stage, music or spirit board.

Which characters would you pick? What stage would they come with? What music tracks would they come with? To make it simple, just pick your top 5 favourite music tracks for each pass. If it's too hard for you to think of characters because there are still 3 more slots left in the Fighters Pass 2, then just imagine Rayman, Ryu Hayabusa and Doom Guy taking those slots.

Fighter Pass 12:
Fighter #82: Crash Bandicoot​
Stage: N. Sanity Beach​
Music:​
1. Crash Bandicoot intro medley​
2. Boulders​
3. Turtle Woods​
4. The Eel Deal​
5. Toad Village​

Fighter Pass 13:
Fighter #83: Axel Stone​
Stage: Streets Stage​
1. Go Straight​
2. Dreamer​
3. Under Logic​
4, Slow Moon​
5, Never Return Alive​

Fighter Pass 14:
Fighter #84: Sgt. Cortez​
Stage: Space Station​
1. TimeSplitters 2 Main Theme​
2. Space Station​
3. Ice Station​
4. Scrapyard​
5. Nightclub​

Individual character: Geno
Fun game, I want in.

Fighter Pass 12:
Fighter 82: Phoenix Wright
Stage: Courtroom
Music: Cornered
Cornered New Remix
Pursuit
Pursuit New Remix
The Fragrance Of Dark coffee
Ect.

Fighter Pass 13:
Fighter 83: Scorpion
Stage: The Pit
Music: All I need is the MK theme and its good

Fighter Pass 14:
Fighter 84: Pyramid Head
Stage: Silent Hill
Music: Theme of Laura
Betrayal (PH theme)
Betrayal New Remix
White Noiz Remix (To suit it more towards battle)
Silent Heaven Remix (Again for battle)
Ect.

Standalone:
Fighter 85: Skull Kid

Last edited:

Momentary

Smash Cadet
I mean Jenova has feminine features but we dont actually know if Jenova themselves is what would in earth terms be female. Most people in ff7 probably just assumed it was female due to its feminine features.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
you know during most of the Game FF7 he uses Parts of Jenova to create Illusions of himself this is why you fight against Jenova after meeting him and these parts are female (though he probably changed that)

"That also makes sense."

It's no wonder that anime and games that try to imitate the plots of the classics end up being stupid; The classics are really freaking weird.

Last edited:

I.D.

Smash Lord
I mean Jenova has feminine features but we dont actually know if Jenova themselves is what would in earth terms be female. Most people in ff7 probably just assumed it was female due to its feminine features.
Jenova almost assuredly has no real biological sex. She's usually compared to a virus in the game and that's probably the best way to think of her. The reason "she" looks female is that most likely she was adopting the form of a female ancient at the time of being sealed, as adopting the forms of their loved ones was her modus operandi of attacking, according to Ifalna. Incidentally this is also why professor Gast and Shinra mistook her for an ancient in the first place, because she was mimicking one.

Ivander

Smash Legend
this thing is female and is the basis for a Illusion body of Sephiroth

the actual Sephiroth in the Northern Crater (shirtless Sephiroth) is male
I did not notice the feminine features before. Now that I notice them, I also see what looks like vein-y arms going away from the features and now I can't unsee what looks somewhat like a figure hung on a cross.

SKX31

Smash Master
I could also see Steve getting a working model, only to be scrapped after Sakurai found the mechanics he had envisioned to be too complex (For the time being, at least). I mean, it's just six unbending rectangles with simple, pixelated textures. That's far and away the easiest part of designing the guy.
Nah, the easiest part of designing Steve was the voice.

:4pacman:

So let me get this straight...

Sephiroth has the power of Ganon's F-Smash, but the weight of a Star Warrior born with INFINITE POWER?

Seems legit.
The serious answer is that Sephiroth can also stall under the ledge for a bit and has an Up B that can counteract most attempts to edgeguard at the ledge, unlike Ganondorf. It's "Terry being heavier than Wario due to game balancing", but in reverse.

But a lot of people aren't here for the serious answer, are they? So the more fun answer is that this Sephiroth is really Chibi Sephiroth:

Edit; Replaced original image with WoFF Sephiroth.

Last edited:

XorahnGaia

Smash Journeyman
If I recall correctly from my time in that one server. The game was at first there but when a more recent list came to fruition it was missing.
It was missing from the list that showed most of their planned release schedule for the next 4 years, but that list also didn't have the new Ghost 'n' Goblins and Arcade Stadium so it's incomplete.
It's still possible that it slipped later down the line because of COVID or other reasons, but I'm 99% that the game is still planned to release in the next year or so.

Oracle Link

Smash Master
Nah, the easiest part of designing Steve was the voice.

:4pacman:

The serious answer is that Sephiroth can also stall under the ledge for a bit and has an Up B that can counteract most attempts to edgeguard at the ledge, unlike Ganondorf. It's "Terry being heavier than Wario due to game balancing", but in reverse.

But a lot of people aren't here for the serious answer, are they? So the more fun answer is that this that Sephiroth is really Chibi Sephiroth:

Edit; Replaced original image with WoFF Sephiroth.
He is so cute
:ultsephiroth:= stop calling me cute goddammit(why do i sound like non japanese Barret)

drewber2635

Smash Cadet
Alright how about a game?

Let's say there is a third fighters pass just for the sake of filling up the spaces so you only get three fighters and 1 individual fighter who doesn't have the other stuff like a stage, music or spirit board.

Which characters would you pick? What stage would they come with? What music tracks would they come with? To make it simple, just pick your top 5 favourite music tracks for each pass. If it's too hard for you to think of characters because there are still 3 more slots left in the Fighters Pass 2, then just imagine Rayman, Ryu Hayabusa and Doom Guy taking those slots.

Fighter Pass 12:
Fighter #82: Crash Bandicoot​
Stage: N. Sanity Beach​
1. Crash Bandicoot intro medley​
2. Boulders​
3. Turtle Woods​
4. The Eel Deal​
5. Toad Village​

Fighter Pass 13:
Fighter #83: Axel Stone​
Stage: Streets Stage​
1. Go Straight​
2. Dreamer​
3. Under Logic​
4, Slow Moon​
5, Never Return Alive​

Fighter Pass 14:
Fighter #84: Sgt. Cortez​
Stage: Space Station​
1. TimeSplitters 2 Main Theme​
2. Space Station​
3. Ice Station​
4. Scrapyard​
5. Nightclub​

Individual character: Geno
Fighter Pass 12:
Fighter #82: Urshifu (Both Rapid Strike and Single Strike forms represented)
Stage: Wyndon Stadium
Music:
Wyndon's theme and any others from Sword and Shield

Fighter Pass 13:
Fighter #83: Impa (AoC)
Stage: Tabantha Frontier
Music: Honestly we already have so many Zelda tracks but they could add more from BotW or even ones from the upcoming BotW 2.

Fighter Pass 14:
Fighter #84: Amaterasu
Stage: Kamiki Village
Music: Any or all of them :)

Individual character: Geno (Should have been in the game by now to be honest...)

Flyboy

Smash Hero
So, the Japanese post is super interesting because it lines up with a lot of stuff we know, with Steve being discussed for a long time, Erdrick being a name known for a long time, the Seven Squares, etc. It's also interesting how it took 'til pass 2 for Bamco costumes to start showing up. I don't think this concretely says anything other than it's plausible this pass is half being used to get stuff that took a while, fell through the first time, or needs gaps filled.

It's possible to me that Chun-Li was considered (maybe they even threw around Bison as well, for example) but Ken was deemed the easiest to develop and is equally as iconic, plus they didn't need to give him a new stage. As for Tales Of, my selfish hope is that they held back to see if people would want Velvet or if Vesperia sold on Switch or whatever. Personally, I'd want Velvet followed by Lloyd if we got a Tales Of rep as I don't like Yuri as a character at all, but we just don't know.

I'd love to see if they are going back to maybe look at ideas that they thought of but didn't implement. That puts Chun-Li, Monster Hunter, Alucard, and a Tales Of rep on the table easily, and to me that's a bunch of fun. I feel like we might even get a first party - Elma and Xenoblade X have suspiciously low amounts of content in Smash, and you never know if Rex or Lora are in the conversation.

I like this post because it gives a small insight potentially into behind-the-scenes discussions and what we may be seeing soon, but it also doesn't shut down the possibilities entirely. It just shows that the scope is so much broader than we'd even considered.

Personally, I consider getting Chun-Li (iconic fighting game character) and a Tales Of rep (iconic RPG franchise) big Ws, especially after Sephiroth. Chun-Li is to me very much LIKE Sephiroth in that while I think another franchise would be super cool to get I'm not going to say no to a character as cool and iconic as her. Helps I love SF and think SFV music in Smash would be great fun.

Lots to think about!

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I go play as Sephiroth due to a friend giving me the pass as a birthday present and I see y'all acting like Sephiroth by misinterpretting the ******'s mother? Jenova's literally John Carpenter's The Thing.

Also holy **** Sephy has the most fun special moves in the game. Octaslash and Shadow Flare feel ****ing godlike to land

D

Deleted member

I would be quite fine with Chun Li. She is a possibility, but I don't get why people are saying she is very likely all of a sudden.

I don't really care about Tales all that much, but Velvet... 😳

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom