• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

SNEKeater

Smash Master
I just got done with this (admittedly sloppy-looking) project. How hype would this be? (Be aware that the song list is not comprehensive. I just cherry picked because this already took a long time).

View attachment 292239
Really really cool if you ask me.

Dragonborn and Agumon wouldn't interest me that much, but I think it's a very nice selection.

Last edited:

Among Waddle Dees

Smash Journeyman
Currently trending at the top of the Smash Ultimate subreddit.
An impressive concept and level of effort if I do say so myself.

https://www.reddit.com/r/SmashBrosUltimate/comments/jx3ov7
Not for nothing, this might be the only truly positive Disney inclusion for me. Which might be a load of irony, since they seem to be the reason the game died, but I loved it back in the day, and I can admit this would make me giddy were it to happen. Sadly, it won't.

Is that actually who the EPF Director was? I thought that was a joke!

Last edited:

RaintheCriminalWhirlwind

Smash Journeyman
What's everyone thinking concerning the next reveal? Are you expecting something from TGA or a last minute Direct?

Or are you in the boat that believes we ain't gonna see the next FP newcomer until after the first of the year?
Late December or early January is my pick. I wonder what odd choice Sakurai will choose next...

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
One way to do it would be to make Kirby's Puffle the same as the one Penguin currently has equipped.
And this is why fan-made movesets can be weird sometimes.

The idea can be solid, then they forget Kirby is a character and make neutral B require some input from another move, so trying to make the Copy Ability work becomes awkward.

Last edited:

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
And this is why fan-made movesets can be weird sometimes.

The idea can be solid, then they forget Kirby is a character and make neutral B require some input from another move, so trying to make the Copy Ability work becomes awkward.
That's not to say that even official movesets cause this problem what with some of them being tied to a mechanic Kirby doesn't posses.

What's this about Rockman Match? Power Stone? Captain Commando?

Can someone fill me in about what's happening?
Capcom got its entire schedule for the next few years leaked.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
That's not to say that even official movesets cause this problem what with some of them being tied to a mechanic Kirby doesn't posses.
Yeah, but Kirby tends to copy that ability, like how he gets Hero's MP bar, Inkling's ink or getting command input variants of Hadoken.

If the neutral special doesn't require another separate move to function, then it can work on Kirby. Olimar is an exception, but that's because the simple act of plucking a Pikmin from the floor wouldn't really be that special as a Copy Ability.

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
Not gonna lie - part of me doubts that spreadsheet because it has so much Capcom fan wish fulfillment. Power Stone? TGAA? Onimusha? Freaking Captain Commando? God, would the next years be crazy if all of that came to fruition.

At this point all that's missing is Darkstalkers and a proper MvC. Maybe a new Strider or BC while we're at it.
The two things I'm looking out for in the leaks, and they're completely absent from a leaked Capcom schedule... unless they're just hidden via codenames, or they're not on the schedule but still planned like Ace Attorney 7, but still...

At least Dragon's Dogma 2 is happening, and Capcom's bringing back some more dormant IPs, so that's pretty cool.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Not gonna lie - part of me doubts that spreadsheet because it has so much Capcom fan wish fulfillment. Power Stone? TGAA? Onimusha? Freaking Captain Commando? God, would the next years be crazy if all of that came to fruition.

At this point all that's missing is Darkstalkers and a proper MvC. Maybe a new Strider or BC while we're at it.
Being fair, Capcom U.S.A. is the ones handling the MvC franchise, not the head honchos in Japan. so even if it's not in the leaks, it's not completely out of the realm of possibility.

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
Currently trending at the top of the Smash Ultimate subreddit.
An impressive concept and level of effort if I do say so myself.

https://www.reddit.com/r/SmashBrosUltimate/comments/jx3ov7
Move over Sora, we're getting the Disney rep we deserve.

On a side note, did Club Penguin ever get big in Japan? As someone who spent the years of 2008 and 2009 playing the game religiously, I feel like I should know this, but I don't.

What's this about Rockman Match? Power Stone? Captain Commando?

Can someone fill me in about what's happening?
Rockman Match is no X9, but it could still be a decent consolation prize, especially if it's a fighting game. Using characters from all 7 subseries would make a pretty awesome and unique roster, seeing how most Mega Man characters that aren't Zero or a villain specialize in long-range combat. A fighting game where the neutral is largely based around two opponents trying to simultaneously wall the other out while rushing in for an opening sounds pretty kino.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
i'd be OK with a Megaman Fighting game, so long as it had a decent amount of X series content.

and if it didn't have command imputs that would be swell but I'm not getting my hopes up for that

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Question; how did you make it look that good and where can I access it?
I used the website called Pixlr X. It's free so it's kind of wonky but overall not a terrible version of photoshop. I just used a template then downloaded photos of the characters, logos, and stages then I carefully inserted them in.

For anyone interested, here is the template. Credit goes to TCTPhantom for discovering it.

I would like to see other people's version of this too.

extended fighters pass.png

Last edited:

SpectreJordan

Smash Lord
NNID
SpectreJordan
So Arthur's the topic at hand? A rundown on his potential would be nice; All I really know is that GnG is one of those brutally painful games that folds you in half like a sheet of paper.

I feel he’d end up similar to this. At the very least, he’d be a lightweight zoner.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
I used the website called Pixlr X. It's free so it's kind of wonky but overall not a terrible version of photoshop. I just used a template then downloaded photos of the characters, logos, and stages then I carefully inserted them in.

For anyone interested, here is the template. Credit goes to TCTPhantom for discovering it.

I would like to see other people's version of this too.

View attachment 292250
Do you have this template in a Larger size? It's no big deal if you don't though I was just curious

Last edited:

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
... you realize he had nothing to do with that right?
And people wonder why the Melee community gets a bad rep. Like, I get it, the thing got canned, but this isn't like every other. Nintendo was SPONSERING the darn thing. They told the group they didn't want Slippi to be used, the group didn't care, so Nintendo took action. It's their own fault. STOP COMPARING NINTENDO TO EA AND ACTIVISION, IT'S GETTING ANNOYING!!!!!!

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
And people wonder why the Melee community gets a bad rep. Like, I get it, the thing got canned, but this isn't like every other. Nintendo was SPONSERING the darn thing. They told the group they didn't want Slippi to be used, the group didn't care, so Nintendo took action. It's their own fault. STOP COMPARING NINTENDO TO EA AND ACTIVISION, IT'S GETTING ANNOYING!!!!!!
-looks at Mario Kart Tour- I'll still compare Nintendo to EA, for a different reason :p

Also, stop ****ting on Activision for something that's Blizzard's fault. The two companies don't do anything together; they just happen to be subsidaries of the same company and that's pretty much where the connections end.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom