• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lionfranky

Smash Lord

1603603667714.png

Does this mean Arle is deconfirmed? It's pretty recent interview btw.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Though the single most perplexing lack of a song ever is any variation of Grunty's theme.
How on earth did Klungo's theme get remixed but not even a rip of Grunty's theme got in?
This happened because you committed an unforgivable sin.

At least I never have to hear anything from X in Smash, so it balances out.
You insulted XCX's soundtrack.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Adding onto the soundtrack discussion we had earlier and my addition of Olean's battle theme...If we get a Gen 8 Pokemon, these two songs are also mandatory additions:

(Let's be real, Eternamax Eternatus would also be a sick boss fight in Ultimate, though I don't see new boss fights happening sadly).

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord
No? It's a pretty basic Q and A.

"Would you like to see Arle in Smash?"

"Yes, I would like to see Arle in Smash."

What do you expect him to say? This isn't a Doom situation where we are flat out told that there was an attempt and it came up short.
So by your logic the devs for Atelier Ryza and Ori whom get interviewed with the same question and replied with the same answer isn't really an automatic deconfirm?

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I wish we got an update with some music that came after the character released.
The songs in the Three Houses dlc and Royal are a bop.
That or SMT Nocturne music.
Don't worry, SMT Nocturne music will come with the SMT character.

rlm sad rich evans.jpg

TwiceEXE

Smash Ace
So by your logic the devs for Atelier Ryza and Ori whom get interviewed with the same question and replied with the same answer isn't really an automatic deconfirm?
I'm sorry, I don't know of the interviews you are referring to. I think each interview should be taken case by case with context in mind.

When Suda said "No comment" regarding Travis, that set off alarm bells for many because of his previous vocal support for Travis in Smash. However, a "No comment" from another person may not carry the same weight because of the context or lack thereof.

I regard the Doom interview as a strong sign of disconfirmation because of the candidness and depth with which they describe the possibility of Doomguy in Smash.

I basically think each interview is unique and should be viewed in a vacuum instead of equated to other interviews.

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Still doing music talk?

Because Galacta Knight's theme not being in Smash is a crime, honestly.

I also think there'd be some issues with people being upset because Raiden only got in because Metal Gear was the first 3rd party series included.
People always find a reason to be upset at any reveal, so it's nothing new.

Last edited:

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
The Ryza interview literally said We're not part of Nintendo plan and Ori interview dev said that We should tweet Phil Spencer about it. The first one clearly means it's not happening (you could argue that there's NDA involved, but with such a clear answer I doubt it). The second one is less clear, but I don't think that they would ask fans to spam Phil Spencer about an Idea is that Idea was in the work.

There's really nothing that imply in the Arle interview that's it not happening (not saying that she's 100% happening tho). Despite the Arle's response being like twice as long, the answer is actually more vague than the others two. The question was "would you like Arle in Smash" and the answer is "yes". They didn't mention Nintendo's plan. They didn't said that we should advocate for the character online.

Once again, I'm not saying she's confirmed. We learned with Travis that interview could mean nothing. So I'm going to say that this one is vague enough that it doesn't change her initial chance.

GenoDoge

Smash Journeyman
The Ryza interview literally said We're not part of Nintendo plan and Ori interview dev said that We should tweet Phil Spencer about it. The first one clearly means it's not happening (you could argue that there's NDA involved, but with such a clear answer I doubt it). The second one is less clear, but I don't think that they would ask fans to spam Phil Spencer about an Idea is that Idea was in the work.

There's really nothing that imply in the Arle interview that's it not happening (not saying that she's 100% happening tho). Despite the Arle's response being like twice as long, the answer is actually more vague than the others two. The question was "would you like Arle in Smash" and the answer is "yes". They didn't mention Nintendo's plan. They didn't said that we should advocate for the character online.

Once again, I'm not saying she's confirmed. We learned with Travis that interview could mean nothing. So I'm going to say that this one is vague enough that it doesn't change her initial chance.
Sorry to just pop in, but did you mean the Travis interview meant nothing about Travis as an actaul character? Because I'm pretty sure it pointed to the Mii costume.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
Sorry to just pop in, but did you mean the Travis interview meant nothing about Travis as an actaul character? Because I'm pretty sure it pointed to the Mii costume.
I meant that after the Travis interview, we touhgt that Travis was playable but he wasn't so I don't want to take any conclusion with Arle now. Now that I'm thinking about it, it's fair that Suda vague answer was because the mii costume was coming. The Arle interview is weird tho because it's not really a disconfirmation, but it's not like a "no comment" either.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Speaking of music, a big reason why I want Rex and/or Sora in Smash is so they can bring in some awesome music with them.

I think Rex could bring in songs from each Xenoblade game, not just 2.

ANY of the remixes from Xenoblade 1’s Definitive Edition
The Torna DLC battle theme
Bionis Shoulder battle from Future Connected
Uncontrollable
The key we’ve lost
Wir fliegen
NO.EX01

As for Sora...come on, it’s Kingdom ****ing Hearts! Yoko Shimomura never disappoints!

From more upbeat songs such as
All for One
Working Together
Hand in Hand
Future Masters
Busting’ Up on the Beach

To the way more dramatic and climactic, like
Rage Awakened
Vector to the Heavens
Edge of Existence (Scala ad Caelum)
Forza Finale (aka Oscurita di Xehanort)
The 13th Dilemma
The 13th Struggle
Wave of Darkness
Nachtflugel
Lord of the Castle

And a million other songs that I would list but I’m too tired to do so.
ayooooo Future Masters

SpectreJordan

Smash Lord
NNID
SpectreJordan
Great selection.
Not gonna lie, but I feel like we should have more Persona music. I guess this feeling it's mostly because they added 11 tracks to rep 3 games (leaving 5 songs for Persona 5, which feels wrong to me), also Terry 50 songs might have hurted the Persona selection in my eyes. I really like the soundtrack of the series so I'm probably hard to satisfy with only 11 songs, but I don't know.

Tracks like Blooming Villain or Life Will Change feel like no brainer choices, I was honestly surprised when I saw both songs weren't in the list. In a more personal level I'd have loved Whims of Fate as well, they would probably have needed to modify the lyrics, which they did for Mass Destruction, so it's not like they couldn't have done it.
Then we have somewhat odd choices such as Wake Up, Get Out There, which is a fantastic track, but has more of a chill mood than anything and for some reason, I feel like Persona songs in Smash are played like at 70-80 volume level. Not to say Our Beginning, which is also a cool track, but then again, it doesn't fit very well Smash. In P5 the song is more of a "conclusion song" than a battle theme, and I can't comprehend why they wouldn't add the actual final boss theme. Instead of that they went with the post-battle track lol

Also. Your list would be perfect if not because Unbreakable Tie isn't there. My fave opening song in the series by the way.

The lack of Blooming Villain & Life Will Change is probably the most confusing music choice in the game. I have no idea why those were excluded.

Its not really battle appropriate but I would’ve loved to see Life Goes On. That’d be almost like a Marvel vs Capcom 2 track playing lol

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
The lack of Blooming Villain & Life Will Change is probably the most confusing music choice in the game. I have no idea why those were excluded.

Its not really battle appropriate but I would’ve loved to see Life Goes On. That’d be almost like a Marvel vs Capcom 2 track playing lol
Life Wil Change being absent is a crime on the level of Bombing Mission and Overture as all three were used to market the DLC characters but weren't actually in the game

Phoenix Douchebag

Smash Lord
Castlevania may have 34 tracks, but it needs to reorganize itself. To hell with Getsu Fuma, give us music from the most Underrated Belmont of all, CHRISTOPHER BELMONT:

Also Simon's theme should have been remixed. I WILL NOT STAND FOR THIS DISRESPECT TO ONE OF THE SNES'S GREATEST MAGNUM OPUS.

JOJONumber691

Smash Lord
The big difference is that ARMS is barely 3-4 years old, it's a new Nintendo IP and it's not like Springman made enough of a big splash to make people angry or confused in case he was not chosen.
For that reason and other circumstances the whole ARMS debate made sense. They had room to go with a character that wasn't the "main guy" in this case.

Being important to the lore doesn't mean you'll get in. And Dr. Coyle being important to ARMS' lore doesn't mean she's the only one who's important in ARMS universe, by the way. Also, admittedly story and lore usually aren't what you think first when you talk about a fighting game series.

Picking anyone else instead of Sol for Guilty Gear would be really weird. I mean, Millia's probably the closest thing to a main I have in Guilty Gear Xrd, but I'd still pick Sol to rep Guilty Gear. It's the logic choice. Like, Chun-Li can be more interesting and cool for some people, but if you wanna go with Street Fighter in a mascot crossover like Smash, there's no other correct choice than Ryu.
So, would you be disappointed if they gave him an English voice?

Because they picked their favorite rather than the best representative.
So what if the Guilty Gear Devs wanted to pick their favorites?

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Life Wil Change being absent is a crime on the level of Bombing Mission and Overture as all three were used to market the DLC characters but weren't actually in the game
Overture technically is in the game as Hero's victory fanfare, but still. All three should have gotten in as normal tracks if they're going to be used within the trailers.

Especially Overture with how limited the selection is anyway, and how Overture is the only good Dragon Quest theme I've heard.

So what if the Guilty Gear Devs wanted to pick their favorites?
Well I can't say for 100% certain that they wouldn't because I'm not clairvoyant but...they wouldn't. Like, there's no way they'd look at their two main characters that they've been using for marketing purposes for years and go "nah, I want bed guy. That sounds like a better edition."

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Sol is absolutely the pick for ArcSys in its entirety. The other possibilities are pretty minute in comparison to how iconic Sol has been for Arc.

SKX31

Smash Master
Then Sol would be picked because Daisuke adores Sol and uses him as a self insert
Sol is absolutely the pick for ArcSys in its entirety. The other possibilities are pretty minute in comparison to how iconic Sol has been for Arc.
Watch him insert Order-Sol instead just so that the casual Smash fanbase is going to fume about Order-Sol's ridicolous safety on block. 11-37 frame advantage leading to constant shield breaks / grab shenaningas baybee. :4pacman: (With the caveat that Order Sol has practically no defensive game beyond positioning, but still.)

YES. Wario World is peak Wario for me, and it's a goddang crime it's so overlooked. Like, in general, but especially in Smash!
TBF a couple of Wario's moves are from that game... but I do agree that they could've at least included a couple more songs or overt references to the Land / World games.

(Does Wario's crazy air mobility, with him practically gliding all over the place, count as a Land / World reference... eh, I'm not sure about that, leaning kinda towards "no".)

Last edited:

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
This whole music discussion is making me really lament the inability to upload your songs in Smash levels. Yeah you could limit to local play to avoid adult tracks online, but there are so many potential choices for stuff like Sonic or Donkey Kong that would really liven up their potential stages. Its especially disappointing given that even the likes of Excite Truck on Wii from 14 years ago allowed you to do that.

Last edited:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
This whole music discussion is making me really lament the inability to upload your songs in Smash levels. Yeah you could limit to local play to avoid adult tracks online, but there are so many potential choices for stuff like Sonic or Donkey Kong that would really liven up their potential stages. Its especially disappointing given that even the likes of Excite Truck on Wii from 14 years ago allowed you to do that.
I said this in my profile but in a hypothetical new smash game they should add the music tool from Mario Paint/WarioWare D.I.Y. so you can create your own songs and then share them online

Last edited:

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
If we're making changes to the tracklist in-game, I'd like to propose a change to how My Music works. Instead of giving each stage an entire series's tracklist and calling it a day (plz don't make me go through 118 tracks 18 times again. I can't take it), give each stage their own tracklist like in Super Smash Bros. Brawl and Super Smash Bros. for Wii U, and allow us to add or remove whatever tracks we want from these stage tracklists. That way, you can have even more control over what plays where without pain and suffering.

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
If we're making changes to the tracklist in-game, I'd like to propose a change to how My Music works. Instead of giving each stage an entire series's tracklist and calling it a day (plz don't make me go through 118 tracks 18 times again. I can't take it), give each stage their own tracklist like in Super Smash Bros. Brawl and Super Smash Bros. for Wii U, and allow us to add or remove whatever tracks we want from these stage tracklists. That way, you can have even more control over what plays where without pain and suffering.
Or just allow the same feature of the original stages to select any track we want.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Looks like it's now unlikely that Sega gets another rep, unless we get Kiryu from the Yakuza games.

StarBot

Smash Lord
NNID
TheStarBot
Is it werid that as much you dislike a character, you are betting on it, like near guarantee that it's going to be the next character

It's werid when Billybae10K Billybae10K made that RTC for Rex and I absolutely agree with them and saw no flauts with there logic, despite how much I ended up disliking Xenoblade Chronicles 2

And there coming to this thread, full of Xenoblade fans, saying that they disagree, and didn't find him to be extremely likely O_o

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Or just allow the same feature of the original stages to select any track we want.
It's a similar concept, but I think incorporating it into how My Music works is better since it wouldn't force you to pick a specific song every time you went to the stage if you didn't want anything you didn't like playing.

So like, you could add Metal Gear music (or whatever) to Midgar's tracklist, but you wouldn't ever have to worry about the game pulling from any song in the OST that you don't like or doesn't fit like Environmental Noises or Light Plane whenever you allow the music to be random. Unless of course, you added them to the stage's tracklist, but why would you do that if you didn't want them there?

EDIT: Besides, if every stage pulled from the entire OST then it would defeat the purpose of customization.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom