• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
It wasn't an ad I linked to: again, it was choice of music in a Minecraft tournament - I'll reiterate, Devil Trigger does not fit a competitive Minecraft stream. And IIRC DMC V has not seen an official Chinese release which makes the music choice even weirder. Even if NetEase offers what's practically VPNs officially and the Chinese government tolerates that.

That said, uuuuuhm... that ad is certainly an ad.

Hmm.... Chrono (and Serge) are IIRC silent. Chell is another possibility, although there might be another HEV suit situation here if GLaDOS does the talking. If Sakurai / Nintendo wanted to go for some really unexpected characters, there's the Sims or even Myst as possibilities.
Maybe Frisk, depending on how literally they would take things from Undertale.

SNEKeater

Smash Master
Replying to my old post about my theory, my Sound test voice theory got things right for the fighters pass 1, Terry filled in one empty voice spot and Byleth and his female alt filled in 2 empty voice spots.

Now there are currently 5 empty voice slots in the voice clip section of the sound test menu as of 9.0.0 and since Steve/Alex/Zombie/Enderman doesn't have a voice, this means we are most likely getting a fighter with a different character/opposite gender alt with a different voice in the fighters pass vol. 2 but there is still a chance that we may not get one.
List of VAs:
Joji Kanata
Daisuke Ishiwatari
(which is also the creator of the series, btw)

This is how Sol Badguy can win

PD: Also I didn't remember Troy Baker actually voiced him lmao, I'm pretty sure he doesn't even remember it

The Prankster 16

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-5261-0723-0145
That voiceline theory is interesting.

But just to check something: after Min Min released but before Steve was announced, were there 9 empty voiceline slots?
I think the slots were only found recently, but steve and his alts do not have voices

XorahnGaia

Smash Journeyman
Are we talking about actual voice slots found in the game files or whatever or the "squares" that you can select to listen to a character voice sample on the menu?

Because from what I have seen the original post was about the latter case, and I don't exactly want to ruin anyone's fun here, but from past examples, the Smash team hasn't shown to care about making everything a perfect rectangle, and I doubt that would be the case for FP2 since not all of it was planned from the beginning as far as we know.

Last edited:

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
It wasn't an ad I linked to: again, it was choice of music in a Minecraft tournament - I'll reiterate, Devil Trigger does not fit a competitive Minecraft stream. And IIRC DMC V has not seen an official Chinese release which makes the music choice even weirder. Even if NetEase offers what's practically VPNs officially and the Chinese government tolerates that.

That said, uuuuuhm... that ad is certainly an ad.
Yeah, I was mostly talking about weird decisions made for esports marketing in general.

Tbh, they should have used Your Legacy instead. After all, in Minecraft, there is no mountain too tall to overcome. :p

Faso115

Smash Lord
If one of the DLC fighters has a transformation, then that could warrant an extra voiceline slot. As a hypothetical example, Agumon with a Greymon/WarGreymon transformation.
Voice actors are a different thing, some fighterz have multiple voices and are still in the same folders though the only one that comes to mind is Banjo/Kazooie.

Do Nana and Popo have separate folders?

StrangeKitten

Smash Lord
There are many characters who could have two voices. Male/female alts, different ages (Ike), duo character like Rex & Pyra (these usually share the same slot but maybe?), different characters for different alts ala Bowser Jr (can just be two characters, wouldn't have to be eight). Additionally, as is the case with Steve, we don't know if another mute character will be added. No one really comes to mind, but you never know. So we could even have more voice slots than we think if that ends up happening. The game also isn't going to explode or anything if a voice slot or two don't end up filled. So like, voice theory is interesting, but doesn't really help us narrow the choices down

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I think if it was a duo character like the Astral Chain MC or Rex & Pyra they’d share a folder, like the Ice Climbers. Final Smash/Stage cameos count for some reason too as I think I found Viridi (stage element)’s voice clips in Pit’s folder, and Dunban/Riki (final Smash) in Shulk’s. Funny that Fiora doesn’t have a voice despite her appearing in the same FS

To me the only possibilities are: different age versions like with Ike, male and female options (Inkling, Byleth, Robin, Corrin, WFT), or full voiced alts like with the other Heroes

Jocario Zero

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2327-1796-5400
I think if it was a duo character like the Astral Chain MC or Rex & Pyra they’d share a folder, like the Ice Climbers. Final Smash/Stage cameos count for some reason too as I think I found Viridi (stage element)’s voice clips in Pit’s folder, and Dunban/Riki (final Smash) in Shulk’s. Funny that Fiora doesn’t have a voice despite her appearing in the same FS

To me the only possibilities are: different age versions like with Ike, male and female options (Inkling, Byleth, Robin, Corrin, WFT), or full voiced alts like with the other Heroes
Fiora not having a voice (not even voice clips from Xenoblade like Dunban and Riki) bothers me so much.

SKX31

Smash Master

Final Smash / stage cameos probably are in the character's respective folders due to simplicity. There would be no need to create a separate "Chrom" (which is ironic, yes) and "Sothis" categories, nor "Morgana" when they only have 3-10 clips at most (Sothis has 3, Morgana has 10) The other ARMS characters notably don't have a selectable voiceline in the menu, although they're just grunts anyhow. And Viridi's in the "enemy" folder (at least currently) together with MONADO BOY Metal Face and the Hands.

As for Fiora... I'll chalk that up to Sakurai and co. not having all the time in the world. I can imagine that they were doing as much as they could with Furukawa / Nintendo's other execs (this group also includes Miyamoto) wanting to secure the Holiday 2018 window with the game's release, and as such Fiora and other stuff simply wound up low on the priority list. There's a lot of reused voice clips all over the place after all.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Thought this video would be worth the discussion.

It suddenly makes me rather certain we could see Crash, by no means he's close to a lock but it seems his chances might be looking good given the popularity factor combined with voice theory of having Coco as a costume or Aku Aku being his Final Smash and part of his victory animation.

Other popular characters.

Dante
Lloyd Irving
Monster Hunter
Sora (Though Disney could be an obstacle preventing that)

To name a few others.

RawstyleEevee

Smash Ace
NNID
RawstyleEevee
Thought this video would be worth the discussion.

It suddenly makes me rather certain we could see Crash, by no means he's close to a lock but it seems his chances might be looking good given the popularity factor combined with voice theory of having Coco as a costume or Aku Aku being his Final Smash and part of his victory animation.

Other popular characters.

Dante
Lloyd Irving
Monster Hunter
Sora (Though Disney could be an obstacle preventing that)

To name a few others.
Seeing that all Persona 5 party members are in the same voice file as Joker, your Aku Aku Final Smash example does not take up a voice slot (Coco would be a different story if she's an alt)

The real question is where there 2 dummy slots for Byleth when the Terry update released, because then this theory has alot of credibility imo

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Seeing that all Persona 5 party members are in the same voice file as Joker, your Aku Aku Final Smash example does not take up a voice slot (Coco would be a different story if she's an alt)

The real question is where there 2 dummy slots for Byleth when the Terry update released, because then this theory has alot of credibility imo
Guess Coco as a costume then if Crash is in which could relate to Voice Theory.

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
Crash 4 not coming to the Switch makes me doubt Crash's chances.
I'm sure it'll eventually find its way to the Switch a few months or a year after it comes out. The same thing happened with the N. Sane and Reignited Trilogy. It will undoubtedly be on the Switch at some point.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I'm sure it'll eventually find its way to the Switch a few months or a year after it comes out. The same thing happened with the N. Sane and Reignited Trilogy. It will undoubtedly be on the Switch at some point.
I think that it might be too advanced for the Switch to handle and that it would be on the PS5 and XBox Series X instead.

TheBeastHimself

I think that it might be too advanced for the Switch to handle and that it would be on the PS5 and XBox Series X instead.
I don't think it has even been announced to be on PS5 or Xbox Series X, and it's already on PS4 and Xbox One. I mean, it'll probably be ported over to next-gen. But at the same time, there's also a listing for a Switch version in the site's source code.

We can agree to disagree on this, but I think there's no problem for Crash 4 coming to Switch.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Except proportions wouldn't match up.
That's where your wrong.

3:54 - 4:52

You don't need height or proportions to be a costume. As long as you have the same hitbox which Crash and Coco do.

Female Byleth as mentioned in the video is shorter than male Byleth. The Koopalings also have different height and body proportions from Jr.

So it could work for Crash.

Also, not every game old or new not coming to Switch doesn't affect their chances of coming in.

May I remind you of Cloud and Joker who barely has any Nintendo history, and yes I know they've been on some games before that were on Nintendo consoles but the fact remains they have little history.

TheBeastHimself

Besides, Activision might want to put someone else in Smash instead.
True, but before even Banjo came out one could have said Microsoft would rather put in Master Chief. It's completely up in the air and nobody knows so you could be right, but I wouldn't count out Crash or underestimate him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom