• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Disney will still have to go to Square Enix to ask nomura for permission to use him
Yeah. I do remember hearing that Disney has to go to Nomura for permission to use Sora and the other Kingdom Hearts original characters in anything. The real question is whether or not Kingdom Hearts can be represented properly without Disney characters.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Yeah. I do remember hearing that Disney has to go to Nomura for permission to use Sora and the other Kingdom Hearts original characters in anything. The real question is whether or not Kingdom Hearts can be represented properly without Disney characters.
Everybody has talked this to death and all I will say is yes it can be represented without Disney characters

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Everybody has talked this to death and all I will say is yes it can be represented without Disney characters
The question is whether or not Sakurai thinks that Kingdom Hearts can be represented without Disney characters. He might decide against Sora to avoid compromising Smash's integrity as a gaming crossover.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
. He might decide against Sora to avoid compromising Smash's integrity as a gaming crossover.
What?

I guess everyone forgot that in the archives menu of brawl it straight up had Mickey even referenced in there. So referencing Disney for Sakurai is no problem

Last edited:

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
Kingdom Hearts could work just find without Disney characters, but I still think it'd be weird. It's like ripping a core component out of a series. Sora and the Disney universe are so intertwined that I don't know, it just wouldn't feel like the most accurate representation of his franchise. I really don't think it'd be a problem to have Goofy and Donald in a final smash, or as spirits alongside King Mickey, as much as people hate that idea.

I'm also not discrediting the idea of Sora coming in without Disney representation, but it would feel hollow to me.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
Kingdom Hearts could work just find without Disney characters, but I still think it'd be weird. It's like ripping a core component out of a series. Sora and the Disney universe are so intertwined that I don't know, it just wouldn't feel like the most accurate representation of his franchise. I really don't think it'd be a problem to have Goofy and Donald in a final smash, or as spirits alongside King Mickey, as much as people hate that idea.

I'm also not discrediting the idea of Sora coming in without Disney representation, but it would feel hollow to me.
Kingdom Hearts can do well without Disney. All Disney is there for. is to pad out the game for the original content. None of the story stuff is in any of the Disney World's anyway. If the Disney Worlds were that important the Kingdom Hearts then they would be present all throughout the story and not just selective worlds in the game that are forgotten about by the end of the game.

Last edited:

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
The question is whether or not Sakurai thinks that Kingdom Hearts can be represented without Disney characters. He might decide against Sora to avoid compromising Smash's integrity as a gaming crossover.
If he was comfortable putting Cloud in without any references to Tifa, Aerith, Barrett, Sephiroth, or any of the other FF game characters, putting in Terry and SNK without one of their most iconic characters, and excluding half of the protagonists of DQ 3 and 4, he'll be plenty comfortable making a Kingdom Hearts Fighter Pack with Sora and a Spirit Board/Stage Cameos filled with Kairi, Riku, Aqua, Terra, Ventus, Roxas, Xion, Axel, Namine, Organization 13, etc, without any of the Disney stuff.

Last edited:

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Can anyone verify about the 9 thing Sari Sari mentioned?
Just to be clear I wasn't talking about 9 slots since I didn't realize Steve had no voicelines.

To explain what I asked earlier more clearly: were those 5 blank spots there before Steve got revealed?

7NATOR

Smash Master
Well Since Monster Hunter benefits from this Theory, I need to ask

Is it Possible they are saving the Hunter Amiibo for it's Smash Varaition, and that's why we don't have the Hunter Amiibo?

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Well Since Monster Hunter benefits from this Theory, I need to ask

Is it Possible they are saving the Hunter Amiibo for it's Smash Varaition, and that's why we don't have the Hunter Amiibo?
Maybe they just didn't want to make a Hunter amiibo?

Last edited:

SpectreJordan

Smash Lord
NNID
SpectreJordan
Something interesting to consider with this new voice theory is that when that character happens (unless it’s 11 lol), they’d end up disconfirming some characters. For example, if that character isn’t Monster Hunter then I’d say MonHun is out since they’d absolutely include both M/F options for that character.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Something interesting to consider with this new voice theory is that when that character happens (unless it’s 11 lol), they’d end up disconfirming some characters. For example, if that character isn’t Monster Hunter then I’d say MonHun is out since they’d absolutely include both M/F options for that character.
Yeah. If it's true then there will be only one more character that has different voices for alts, unless we get another character without a voice.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
For the matters related to Crash Bandicoot, specifically if he'd bring his sister to the fight as a costume, things are little grey in that area.

I will say that their proportions are exaugurated in Crash 4 and they're much closer in scale in N-Sane Trilogy which is most likely where Smash would be drawing from (given that they use pre-Pillage update assets in Smash from Minecraft) but the question is would that be what Activision and Nintendo want?

Activision have basically given Coco parity with Crash in the N-Sane Trilogy and Crash 4 but they could also want to keep the focus on the main Bandicoot for the sake of crossovers. She was entirely absent from the Skylanders outing after all.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Maybe they just didn't want to make a Hunter amiibo?
To add to this. It wasn't about the "game being about the monsters" If they wanted to Make a hunter Amiibo they would have announced it with the others and multiple amiibo's hasn't stopped a character before.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Well going with that, if we get at least one more character with NO voice it could mean we get two characters with TWO voices. Haha loophole.

Last edited:

7NATOR

Smash Master
Geno, who is the Community's Absolute favorite Character, Could be Mute. He does talk in SMRPG, but they might do him like Isabelle and not give him a Voice

Beyond that, besides Chell or Some other Avatar Characters, I can't think of many Characters (That Seem Realistic) that would be Mute

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
For the record, despite the fact that I have just now read a few things, it should be noted that Echoes are seemingly disconfirmed for FP2.

One need only look to the description of the challenger packs to see that they are described as bringing in “1 new fighter”. This doesn’t apply to costumes of course, but I feel it’s still important to note that.

If this stuff with the voices leads to something it would be one character with a voice alt along with the costume. Most likely male and female variants, if you ask me.

Last edited:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Personally, I think voice theory is both plausible and unplausible.

On one hand, it worked for Pass 1

On the other, patterns can be broken and I highly doubt anyone was thinking "we can't add X because we need a perfect square on a screen that some don't know exists."

TheBeastHimself

I believe StrangeKitten StrangeKitten mentioned this earlier in the day, but I think Dr. Eggman could be plausible for FP2.

Sonic and Eggman were the two that started it all (as in, they were the only ones in the original Sonic game), and I feel like Sonic is one of those 3rd parties begging for a second rep.

Eggman has appeared in so many different types of machinery that I think a DLC gimmick could work for him (especially if his mechs can break and he has to run on foot like he does sometimes).

I'm not sure if he'd be stuck in the same boat as Dr. Wily, but I really think people are sleeping on Eggman. In fact, the man himself is faster than Sonic!

Last edited:

Dinoman96

Smash Master
I keep saying this over and over, but I'm fairly certain we won't be seeing secondary third party characters as DLC. I just think it'd be rather disappointing to go up to SEGA with the potential of bringing in an entirely new series from them like Puyo Puyo or Yakuza, only to just get...another Sonic character.

I think maybe they could start adding in characters like Chun-Li and Eggman in the next Smash, but right now I think the rest of the DLC should be focused on first party characters and all new third party franchises, preferably more of the latter.

TheBeastHimself

I keep saying this over and over, but I'm fairly certain we won't be seeing secondary third party characters as DLC. I just think it'd be rather disappointing to go up to SEGA with the potential of bringing in an entirely new series from them like Puyo Puyo or Yakuza, only to just get...another Sonic character.

I think maybe they could start adding in characters like Chun-Li and Eggman in the next Smash, but right now I think the rest of the DLC should be focused on first party characters and all new third party franchises, preferably more of the latter.
While I disagree, since we're talking about what we'd want to see for DLC, I see where you're coming from and I think that's fair. Part of me thinks I'm boring because I'd rather see a second Sonic rep over a brand new SEGA rep, but I guess I want what I want.

OsirisOda

Dark Cloud
Ahh speculation; it's like dipping my hand in the cookie jar even when I keep trying to convince myself that I really don't need it.

Yet, here I am again. Not that I really need anything ever after Bomberman was "added."

But why stop after winning once? My next prediction is Crash Bandicoot.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I just think it'd be rather disappointing to go up to SEGA with the potential of bringing in an entirely new series from them like Puyo Puyo or Yakuza, only to just get...another Sonic character.
What if someone thought the opposite? "Why go to Sega for a standard street brawler when we could have had another take on a mecha fighter?" Characters aren't just about adding new series symbols.

I don't think Eggman is likely myself, but I see the appeal of his moveset.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom