• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shroob

Sup?
Ummmmm...did I miss something? Why’s everyone suddenly so confident in this week or next week? (In other words, I don’t have time to read through the previous 5 pages, quick answer would be nice.)
Since no one's answered you yet

Japanese 7-11s suddenly put up ads for the Fighter's Pass, and the ads expire October 4th.

They did this back during the 1st pass, which helped us guess the release dates of Hero, Banjo and Terry.

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
Can't say I'm terribly surprised by the 7-11 suggesting at another character. Its been about three months since Min Min's release and a lot of the major time sensitive Nintendo announcements have largely been done, so a Sakurai Presents would line right up for this week or next.

This is essentially based on nothing, but I'm guessing a third party for 7 and another first party for 8. Given that the former likely would have been at E3, there's a decent chance they may have wanted something big for it. As far as which third party?

....Ah, to heck with it, I'll guess Crash Bandicoot. Something about him getting revealed right as his game (one of course yet announced for Switch) just feels hilariously on point for Smash these days.

Last edited:

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
Well...It wasn't Rie.
Slowly wanders up behind you with switchblade

Screen fades to black

There was a new 7-11 ad that is about Smash brothers that expires on the 4th. Pretty much every time that has happened something came from it.

Japanese 7-11s suddenly put up ads for the Fighter's Pass, and the ads expire October 4th.

They did this back during the 1st pass, which helped us guess the release dates of Hero, Banjo and Terry.
Ah, thanks guys.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
... and I actively want Octoling. Who’s from Splatoon 2 Octo Expansion.

This doesn’t bode well for me does it sweats
Actually it’ll be just fiiiine

the OE Octolings have two spirits of them so OE got acknowledged! It’ll be fine... right?

RIGHT?!

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
aight, i'm seeing all these people already predicting travis and the hunter for cp7, and while these two are definitely on the likelier side of things, i can't help but think we're letting our recency bias show again

especially with the hunter. as much as they merit a smash inclusion, i feel like we shouldn't throw away other capcom characters so hastily. we did that with resident evil and look where that led us

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
There was a new 7-11 ad that is about Smash brothers that expires on the 4th. Pretty much every time that has happened something came from it.
When you try so hard but you don't succeeeeeeed.

Slowly wanders up behind you with switchblade

Screen fades to black
After the commercial beak, it turns out that I couldn't be killed because of Shroob Shroob 's emergency meeting.

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
While I certainly do feel for any fan of theirs that's disappointed by them not being a fighter, I do hope there's another solid deluxe Mii costume (hopefully for an indie character) in the presentation.

If the likes of a Hollow Knight can't get in, a really great costume would still be a great acknowledgement at least.

Last edited:

SharkLord

Smash Hero
i mean, really think about it. the miis this time around have been doing a way better job at simply being pleasant surprises instead of big deconfirmations. the only really big soul-crushing one we've gotten so far is heihachi, who was a holdover from smash 4 anyway. the new miis have all been bangers without crushing tons of people's hopes so if anything i'm excited
It's funny. The one time I though "Hoo boy, who's getting the guillotine now?", we got Heihachi. Before that, I didn't really care, and it was fine, but the one time I was worried and we got a frontrunner dead? It seems pretty sus to me.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Oof I was referencing a different game. Oh well.
Didn't know that. My other reversals were:
  • teleports behind you "Nuthin' personnel kid."
  • you see multiple flashes of light, and when the dust settles, you see me striking a pose. The symbol 犬 radiates off of my back

If the likes of a Hollow Knight can't get in, a really great costume would still be a great acknowledgement at least.
I agree. A Shovel Knight costume would be pretty cool (and also far more unlikely) too. Especially if it came with Hyper Camelot.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Why are they sticky though?
I'm going to ruin the joke.

Someone probably spilled a soda or slurpee and the underpayed clerk did a sloppy job moping it up. Soda gets sticky when cleaned up poorly.

Source: I work retail. I've seen many sticky floors in my time.

D

Deleted member

Let's just hope that this doesn't age badly and and 7-11 does not end up suplexing Smashboards into the ground.
If 7-11 suplexes SmashBoards into the ground, I will start a workers' revolution.

Last edited by a moderator:

KillerCage

Smash Master
Guys what if the Crown Tundra News this week is for smash that they get a spirt event
That would FINALLY put the "POKEMON IS THE EXPECTION" fan rule to bed. Permanently.
Anything in the base game of Ultimate is now in the running thanks to Min Min.
Any franchise gets into Smash post launch and dose not come with a fighter is out of luck.
Astral Chain got a Spirit Event: no fighter.
River City got a Spirit Event: no fighter.
Paper Mario the Origami King got a Spirit Event: no fighter.
Undertale got a Sans Mii Costume plus a Megalovania remix: no fighter.
Tekken got a Heihachi Mii Costume: no fighter.
Fire Emblem: Three Houses didn't get anything until Byleth was revealed to be part of Challenger Pack 5.
Guess what? Pokemon Sword and Shield got a Spirit Event: NO FIGHTER!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I mean it is a great sign we are basically confirmed to have FP7 coming soon, right?

Isn't everyone happy at least?

SharkLord

Smash Hero
View attachment 286286
7-11 is my favorite leaker.
The ones who are the best at their job are the ones who don't try to be the best. 7-11 just advertises what they were paid to advertise, and inadvertently gives more hope to some randos on an internet chat forum than the leakers they base their speculation around. Funny how that works, isn't it?

Arcane Jill

Smash Apprentice
Imagine if we got both the Lloyd and Geno Mii costumes back. I would love to see the dumpster fire this entire site would turn into if that happened.
Would hurt if that happened since a tales rep (specifically Lloyd) and Geno are 2 characters I really hope make it, but this is the outcome I'm expecting to happen. Usually lurk in Geno's thread for some cool fanart, but a deconfirm via returning Mii Costume this will throw a nasty wrench in the works, and I'm not sure the fanbase will have the muster to fight yet again like they are now when 6 pre-release starts, so it will be sad to see it go. One thing for sure, it will definitely be no fun in there anymore after that.
Really want Lloyd, but would be cool with Yuri.

Strong-Arm

Smash Ace
NNID
stormfury
3DS FC
2836-0207-2430
ok my guesses as possible chars coming in FP7

Capcom: Phoenix Wright or Dante
Sega: Axel Stone
Tecmo: Hayabusa
Nintendo: Cinderace

SharkLord

Smash Hero
You're going to start a dictatorship over 7-11? :nifty:
Actually, we're gonna start a monarchy. Since us humans have proven that we can't be trusted with that responsibility, I'm going to give the title to Godzilla, King of the Monsters, who has more than proven himself worthy. We're all gonna become nuclear toast, but eh, at least we'll get some sweet kaiju fights out of it.

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
That would FINALLY put the "POKEMON IS THE EXPECTION" fan rule to bed. Permanently.
Any franchise gets into Smash post launch and dose not come with a fighter is out of luck.
Fire Emblem: Three Houses didn't get anything until Byleth was revealed to be part of Challenger Pack 5.
we could get months of spirit events one after the other, all of them consisting of different gen 8 pokemon until all of them are spirits, finished off by a live concert where sakurai says "gen 8 isn't in" in every single human languange and then moons junichi masuda, and people would STILL say gen 8 is a lock

D

Deleted member

Why do all of you hate Pokémon so much?
You're going to start a dictatorship over 7-11? :nifty:
We will do it correctly this time.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

We will do it correctly this time.

Also it is a joke, no need to take it seriously.
we don't hate Pokemon. we just don't think people should count their chickens before they hatch and consider a Gen 8 a definite lock.

heck, considering ANYONE a definite lock isn't healthy at all. unless of course they're leaked a la Hero, Ken or the ESRB leak

Last edited:

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
I mean, I'm all for Smash news and I'm definitely excited, it's just that I can't really be hyped for something that hasn't been dated yet or if I know it's even a character I wanted, lol.

NGL, I'm more excited for the Mii costumes. :dr^_^:

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
i am of course also interested in any minor features they may add

rematch bosses? WoL Very Hard mode? using the WoL stages and possession/fake fighter effects outside of WoL no I will not stop harping on this you've opened Pandora's Box with the Joker and Hero trailers Sakurai!!

Calamitas

Smash Champion
I don't hate Pokémon. I was just already pretty disappointed by Incineroar making it in as a fighter, find it somewhat annoying that Pokémon as a series is officially always confirmed to always have a spot reserved for it on the (base) roster, and didn't really enjoy Sword and Shield that much. The series should just sit the DLC out, I feel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom