• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
Not really seeing the Blaze as a Sonic echo thing

She's way too diffrent in alot of things compared to sonic
What do you mean she's too different? She's only been playable in three main line Sonic games and in all of them she plays exactly like Sonic, despite the visual differences.

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
What do you mean she's too different? She's only been playable in three main line Sonic games and in all of them she plays exactly like Sonic, despite the visual differences.
The tornado spin already puts her above the echo level

Semi-echo sure, but a straight up clone sonic? No.

Calamitas

Smash Champion
Only got two since a buncha other ones that I would've mentioned were already brought up, but whatever.

Zeraora :ultlucario:
Basically Lucario without the aura gimmick. Would of course require a different idle stance and running animation, since it's probably closer to Wolf in that regard, but other than that, this should be pretty self-explanatory.

Malos :ultshulk:
There's admittedly some height discrepancy between the two, but Smash has done more notable height adjustments before. For animation differences, Malos would not put his Monado behind his back when he's not using it, and generally have some more brutal-looking attack animations.

Rikarte

Smash Ace
That could be fine, if they dont mind announcing it that close.

btw, the model for reimu in your sig is adorable. where is it from, do you know?
That's the Reimu sculpture made by SEGA. They published a bunch of other Touhou figures too.

SpectreJordan

Smash Lord
NNID
SpectreJordan
My echo list would be:

:ultvillager::ultisabelle: Tom Nook: Maybe give him a money gimmick or effect in some of the moves

:ultpikachu::ultpichu: Raichu

:ultfox::ultfalco: Peppy or Slippy

:ultkirby::ultmetaknight: Bandana Waddle Dee: If people say Dixie could be an echo of Diddy, then you could probably kitbash a moveset for BanDee from these two.

:ultdiddy:Dixie Kong: I’d prefer if she was an original character but if this is the only way she gets in, then I wouldn’t argue.

:ultsonic: Tails: He’d have a few different moves. He’d be more like Ken.

:ultsnake: Raiden: This would be MGS2 Raiden.

:ultmegaman: Proto-Man

& just for fun, a couple echoes from some characters I want:

Master Chief & Arbiter
Crash & Coco
Sora & Roxas or Xion

Last edited:

7NATOR

Smash Master
The tornado spin already puts her above the echo level

Semi-echo sure, but a straight up clone sonic? No.
By that logic, she could just be like chrom and have Her Side B be Meta Knights Tornado move but with Fire

Not saying that she should be an echo (or any Sonic character really), but yes

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
By that logic, she could just be like chrom and have Her Side B be Meta Knights Tornado move but with Fire

Sonic has 8 moves that Blaze can't replicate, 7 of them being ball attacks, due to the nature of the fire tornado, there needs to be a significant amount of changes due to Sonic being smaller when curled up whereas Blaze just spins without shrinking, that's what Swampy means

SnowClaws

Smash Apprentice
In other news, after Warden from For Honor shows up in Samurai Shodown, now it times for:

Someone from Honor of Kings, the "first?" Tencent rep to show up in a SNK game. Time for a Honor of Kings/Arena of Valor rep guessing game for Smash.

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master

Its not just one move though, like her spinning like a tornado is suppose to parallel sonic spinning like a ball

Alot of her animations will consist of very acrobatic ballerina type tornado/drill spinning

Very semi cloneish

Dr.DonPatch64

Smash Journeyman
I just ordered Soul Calibur 2 for the GameCube, because Link was in it.

How about Nightmare or Siegfried as a fighter
who should it be?????

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
Here's an idea to take people's minds off of the direct wait.

You have to make an echo fighters pass. No third parties, eight echoes. Who do you choose and how do you make them play out? Obviously give new animations as a focus.

Here are mine.

1. Krystal :ultfox:

Change up her blaster to be a stalled projectile that then moves forward, and give her one staff attack as a special. New final smash too.

2. Ninten:ultness:

Use new particle effects to take cues from Mother 1's aesthetic. PK Beam final smash with the Mother 1 crew.

3. Black Shadow :ultfalcon:

Give him Ganon's old up smash, Falcon's Old Foward Smash. Instead of the Knee of Justice, give him Ganon's fair that spikes on the knuckle.

4. Hilda :ultzelda:

Final Smash is a sealing in a painting from LBW instead of the Triforce.

5. Galacta Knight:ultmetaknight:
Tornado is weaker but multi hit. Side B is a blade beam clone but weaker. Dash attack is a shield bash. New final smash.

6. Dixie :ultdiddy:
Out of my echo fighters, Dixie is the one I put the some of the most differences in. New grab animations with the hair, new Up B based on the whirl,

7. Medusa :ultpalutena:

Medusa actually has the most differences due to taking some of Palutena's old moves. Lightweight, Super Speed, Jump Glide, and Celestial Firework are adopted. Damage output is a bet less to compensate for lightweight.

8. Octolings :ultinkling:

New ink colors, weapons are altered in design to be Octo weapons. Final Smash is rainmaker.

My thought process was to rep more franchises overall. I wanted to also do a minor heroes vs villains thing here. Altogether I think this is a fun little pass.
Definitely would agree with Octolings and Dixie. Both would ideally be stand-alone or semi-clone, buuuuut I'll take echo over nothing.

For the other six:
1. Kumatora :ultlucas:
Less disjointed hitboxes, less floaty and taller, but PSI special attacks do more damage. Final smash is still starstorm but with duster and salsa appearing instead.
2. Alph/Brittany :ultolimar:
separate alph from Olimar and give him a brittany skin. Rock pikmin instead of purple pikmin, down B also speeds you up for a bit if you hold it for a while (spicy juice)

3. Viridi :ultpalutena:
Like your suggestion for medusa, give her different specials from what palu had in smash 4. Since the character is shorter she floats to match Palu's size, and her fair is different as a result

4. Tetra :ulttoonlink:
Change up-B to a grappling hook tether, remove zair, and maker her slightly faster/less floaty

5. Rhythm Girl :ultwiifittrainer:
Ideally also a unique character, but echo if we get nothing rhythm heaven otherwise. Attacks are roughly the same but animations change to reference different rhythm mini games: down b is about timing rhythmic taps, side B becomes one of the items karate joe punches, etc etc.)
6. Rawk Hawk :ultincineroar: + flying man
Take the attacks from lucha kitty and use the flying man from the Magicant stage as a model

Goombaic

Smash Ace
I just ordered Soul Calibur 2 for the GameCube, because Link was in it.

How about Nightmare or Siegfried as a fighter
who should it be?????
A number of characters from Soul Calibur could get in. Nightmare would be my preference, but Mitsurugi and Kilik aren't bad options either.

7NATOR

Smash Master
I'll concede defeat on the Blaze thing

Also By the way guys, are most, if not all of you in agreement that we will have a Swordwielder in this pass?

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
You have to make an echo fighters pass. No third parties, eight echoes. Who do you choose and how do you make them play out?
10e. Ninten [Ness]
11e. Black Shadow [Captain Falcon]
16e. Impa [Sheik]
27e. Galacta Knight [Meta Knight]
32e. Black Knight [Ike]
35e. Charizard [Pokemon Trainer]
36e. Dixie Kong [Diddy Kong]
64e. Octolings [Inklings]

No 3rd parties is a pointless limitation though, so also:
31e. Liquid Snake [Snake]
38e. Shadow [Sonic]
46e. Bass [Megaman]
61e. Zack [Cloud]
63e. Jeanne [Bayonetta]

In other news, after Warden from For Honor shows up in Samurai Shodown, now it times for:

Someone from Honor of Kings, the "first?" Tencent rep to show up in a SNK game. Time for a Honor of Kings/Arena of Valor rep guessing game for Smash.
*sigh* And they were doing so good. That's two wasted slots in a row...

Last edited:

SKX31

Smash Master
Sonic has 8 moves that Blaze can't replicate, 7 of them being ball attacks, due to the nature of the fire tornado, there needs to be a significant amount of changes due to Sonic being smaller when curled up whereas Blaze just spins without shrinking, that's what Swampy means
I've been extremely for reworking Sonic ASAP, and the 7 ball attacks are a major reason why. Those ball attacks also help create the really annoying campy Sonic playstyle (yes, I'm personally bitter about that).

After a possible rework Blaze could perhaps be an Echo perhaps if she's not her own character. (Albeit there are much more prominent and - better suited probably - Echoes, like Shadow / Tails if they're not their own characters)

You know what, that would be worse than the LoL guessing game. No one here would have a clue where to start.

Then again, SNK's and Tencent's collabs are worth noting - I wouldn't be surprised if Tencent took note of Terry's inclusion, and considering both SNK and Tencent work closely with Nintendo nowadays, it's a possibility that Terry's inclusion had further effects if Nintendo approached Tencent about Smash (probably for a LoL character in that case).

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304

Also By the way guys, are most, if not all of you in agreement that we will have a Swordwielder in this pass?
Yes, because its going to be Elma :p

Last edited:

3BitSaurus

Smash Master

Wait, so both an Honor of Kings character in Samsho AND a Samsho character in Honor of Kings?

Tbh, we should have seen this coming given the close relation between SNK's current owners and the rest of Tencent, I suppose.

All things considered, we should be looking into other possible relations through Tencent, methinks. I'm obviously biased towards Riot and League of Legends, but there are probably a good number of them.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112

Hoping it's a Tales Of character. Does Velvet count even though she fights more like a brawler?

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Speaking of which, I haven't been in that thread much, was that NDA thing ever solved?
Nnnnnnnnnnnnnope!

she tried to sweep it under the rug when asked by saying “maybe the live action movie?”

You wouldn’t say Maybe regarding a NDA

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Here's an idea to take people's minds off of the direct wait.

You have to make an echo fighters pass. No third parties, eight echoes. Who do you choose and how do you make them play out? Obviously give new animations as a focus.

Here are mine.

1. Krystal :ultfox:

Change up her blaster to be a stalled projectile that then moves forward, and give her one staff attack as a special. New final smash too.

2. Ninten:ultness:

Use new particle effects to take cues from Mother 1's aesthetic. PK Beam final smash with the Mother 1 crew.

3. Black Shadow :ultfalcon:

Give him Ganon's old up smash, Falcon's Old Foward Smash. Instead of the Knee of Justice, give him Ganon's fair that spikes on the knuckle.

4. Hilda :ultzelda:

Final Smash is a sealing in a painting from LBW instead of the Triforce.

5. Galacta Knight:ultmetaknight:
Tornado is weaker but multi hit. Side B is a blade beam clone but weaker. Dash attack is a shield bash. New final smash.

6. Dixie :ultdiddy:
Out of my echo fighters, Dixie is the one I put the some of the most differences in. New grab animations with the hair, new Up B based on the whirl,

7. Medusa :ultpalutena:

Medusa actually has the most differences due to taking some of Palutena's old moves. Lightweight, Super Speed, Jump Glide, and Celestial Firework are adopted. Damage output is a bet less to compensate for lightweight.

8. Octolings :ultinkling:

New ink colors, weapons are altered in design to be Octo weapons. Final Smash is rainmaker.

My thought process was to rep more franchises overall. I wanted to also do a minor heroes vs villains thing here. Altogether I think this is a fun little pass.
A lot of these are stretches and would work better as either semiclones or unique characters, but...

1. Octoling :ultinkling:
Would definitely prefer a semiclone, but echo can work too

2. Dixie Kong:ultdiddy:
Again, semiclone would fit better, but honestly, just switch the up b to essentially DK's, replace the peanuts with bubblegum, and maybe a new final Smash, and you got a fairly decent last resort.

3. Alph :ultolimar:
The fact that this almost happened in 4 but the idea was never brought back for Ultimate is a crime. Replace Purple Pikmin with Rock Pikmin, and update the sinal smash to include the S.S. Drake, and badabing badaboom.

4. Glass Joe :ultlittlemac:
Essentially a much weaker Little Mac with a vastly different final smash

5. Funky Kong:ultdk:
Maybe replace a couple moves to include his surfboard, maybe also tweak his stance in comparison to DK, otherwise fairly easy echo, at least I'd say.

6. Impa :ultsheik:
Would definitely prefer her as a unique character, cuz but I'll take an echo as a last resort. As for which incarnation, I'd lean towards Skyward Sword Impa

7. Gooey :ultkirby:
Replace Inhale with his lick, and maybe tweak a couple moves/animations to better fit his lack of arms and legs

8. Ninjara :ultminmin
May need some serious overhauling for the Tribolt Buff ARMS, but Chakram is essentially flameless Ram Ram (just replace the flame effect with a brief stunning one) and I feel Ninjara's style fits fairly well with current kit. Add some smokescreen dodges while you're at it. If not an echo, at the very least an easy semi clone.

Last edited:

7NATOR

Smash Master
Nnnnnnnnnnnnnope!

she tried to sweep it under the rug when asked by saying “maybe the live action movie?”

You wouldn’t say Maybe regarding a NDA
What Live-Action Movie is she even talking about? that's pretty weird

SpectreJordan

Smash Lord
NNID
SpectreJordan
Wait, so both an Honor of Kings character in Samsho AND a Samsho character in Honor of Kings?

Tbh, we should have seen this coming given the close relation between SNK's current owners and the rest of Tencent, I suppose.

All things considered, we should be looking into other possible relations through Tencent, methinks. I'm obviously biased towards Riot and League of Legends, but there are probably a good number of them.
I can’t say I’m an expert on Tencent, but it would have to be League. It’s one of the most popular games of the last decade & it’d give Smash/Switch the attention of a veeeery dedicated fanbase.

I’m not a League or MOBA fan, but I could be down for a League character. That would be a fun surprise.

Last edited:

SNEKeater

Smash Master
I'd keep an eye on Tencent getting a DLC slot, specially after the collaboration with Samurai Shodown. It's not like people wants a Tencent rep, but I could see it happening.

Last edited:

TwiceEXE

Smash Ace
We're about to get that thicc shadowdrop, huh?

7NATOR

Smash Master
I'd keep an eye on Tencent getting a DLC slot, specially after the collaboration with Samurai Shodown. It's not like people wants a Tencent rep, but I could see it happening.
Wait, You talking about the For Honor thing? Tencent owns For Honor?

Shroob

Sup?
If it's a mini, it'll dial back a lot of people's speculations.

I'm seeing people going absolutely mental with predictions as to what it could be, but a mini probably means a more reserved showing.

zferolie

Smash Hero
So basicslly monday morning i should just be refreshing my youtube while at work. Gotcha

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Oh boy, I can't wait for another game of "Which character from this series/Company is joining Smash?".

SNEKeater

Smash Master
Didn't Kelios said that the direct was a normal one? Or it was Nate? I recall someone saying that.

Wait, You talking about the For Honor thing? Tencent owns For Honor?
No, I'm talking about Honor of Kings, SNK just announced a collaboration between that game (which is from Tencent) and SamSho.

For Honor is owned by Ubisoft.

Last edited:

TwiceEXE

Smash Ace
Didn't Kelios said that the direct was a normal one? Or it was Nate? I recall someone saying that.
Someone claimed they talked with Kelios and that Kelios said it was a normal one. But clearly that isn't quite the case. We'll see if we get a rare weekend announcement.

SpectreJordan

Smash Lord
NNID
SpectreJordan

I think we’ll see atleast one. My bets are on Rex & Dante. But I could see Sakura, 2B, Lloyd/Yuri & Travis as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom