• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

zferolie

Smash Hero
The 4chan post says Disney+ is coming to Switch, which would basically be screaming "PIRATE OUR **** THERE'S NO HCDP SO IT'S SUPER EASY TO DO"
Disney has said they wanted it on the switch, and had graphics showing it, so they either found a way around it or dont care.

Well, lit's still something they couldve guessed then, if there hasnt been a trailer since.

I dunno, not sure it gives it that much credit, maybe some.
Yes it doesnt make this leak 100% credible, but its still a lucky guess. They didnt have to show it in a direct, and surprised people even remembered this game was even announced.

It adds a bit more credibility at least honestly.

Last edited:

WaddleMatt

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 5950 1333 3717
Are they that much worse than “Samus Returns” and “The Adventure of Link”?
Yes. Those 2 you mentioned at the very least were the second installments in their respective franchises. Samus's Revenge just sounds unfitting completely and Return of Ganon doesn't even say anything about the game since one of the main premises of each Zelda game is that well, Ganon returns...

Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero
Yes. Those 2 you mentioned at the very least were the second installments in their respective franchises. Samus's Revenge just sounds unfitting completely and Return of Ganon doesn't even say anything about the game since one of the main premises of each Zelda game is that well, Ganon returns...
Well... if the secret ending screen we saw in return of samus is the plot of this game... revenge of samus makes sense. It had chozo killed my evil chozo, so maybe samus is going after them?

And not every game has Ganon returning. Majoras mask, skyward sword, links awakening, minish cap...

Last edited:

Jerry98

Smash Journeyman
Are they that much worse than “Samus Returns” and “The Adventure of Link”?
No, but they are two very old games and both the second entries in their respective franchise (Samus Returns being Return of Samus remake) which wasn't really big at the time of their release.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
About the leak, I don't really recall direct where Nintendo show things that are not game, so even if Disney + would come to switch I doubt it would be there (correct me if I'm wrong).

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Too good to be true, honestly.
I must say that "Samus's Revenge" and "The Return of Ganon" aren't good titles imho
I can respect The Return of Ganon for at least being a Zelda 2 reference, it's very generic and nowhere nearly as cool as Breath of the Wild (or any past 3D Zelda for that matter), but at least it has that going for it. Samus' Revenge would be absolutely dire though.

FJA147

Smash Cadet
Just sounds like the person just replaced the title of Star Wars The Empire Strikes Back changing it to Samus’s Revenge and The Return of the Jedi replacing it was Return of Ganon.

RouffWestie

Smash Lord
The recent 4chan leak is only partially right.
Pack 7 is actually Ryza with Hero style alts of Kos-Mos, Arhi, and the Grinch. Also, this pack finally includes the Cacodemon and Mallow Mii costumes that were leaked earlier.
I have proof here:

Calamitas

Smash Champion
So I was completely away from all internet for several hours, hoping that in the meantime the Direct announcement dropped, and nothing happened? Now that's an oof if I ever saw one.

Last edited:

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Here's an idea to take people's minds off of the direct wait.

You have to make an echo fighters pass. No third parties, eight echoes. Who do you choose and how do you make them play out? Obviously give new animations as a focus.

Here are mine.

1. Krystal :ultfox:

Change up her blaster to be a stalled projectile that then moves forward, and give her one staff attack as a special. New final smash too.

2. Ninten:ultness:

Use new particle effects to take cues from Mother 1's aesthetic. PK Beam final smash with the Mother 1 crew.

3. Black Shadow :ultfalcon:

Give him Ganon's old up smash, Falcon's Old Foward Smash. Instead of the Knee of Justice, give him Ganon's fair that spikes on the knuckle.

4. Hilda :ultzelda:

Final Smash is a sealing in a painting from LBW instead of the Triforce.

5. Galacta Knight:ultmetaknight:
Tornado is weaker but multi hit. Side B is a blade beam clone but weaker. Dash attack is a shield bash. New final smash.

6. Dixie :ultdiddy:
Out of my echo fighters, Dixie is the one I put the some of the most differences in. New grab animations with the hair, new Up B based on the whirl,

7. Medusa :ultpalutena:

Medusa actually has the most differences due to taking some of Palutena's old moves. Lightweight, Super Speed, Jump Glide, and Celestial Firework are adopted. Damage output is a bet less to compensate for lightweight.

8. Octolings :ultinkling:

New ink colors, weapons are altered in design to be Octo weapons. Final Smash is rainmaker.

My thought process was to rep more franchises overall. I wanted to also do a minor heroes vs villains thing here. Altogether I think this is a fun little pass.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I know some people aren't expecting a Direct announcement on the weekend, but isn't Japan at least one day ahead of at least the U.S.? If anything, as unlikely as it might be, there could be an announcement on the U.S.'s Sunday to Japan's Monday, or maybe I am just being too hopeful. Not expecting it myself, though.

txhy8

Smash Cadet

You have to make an echo fighters pass. No third parties, eight echoes. Who do you choose and how do you make them play out? Obviously give new animations as a focus.

Here are mine.

Change up her blaster to be a stalled projectile that then moves forward, and give her one staff attack as a special. New final smash too.

Use new particle effects to take cues from Mother 1's aesthetic. PK Beam final smash with the Mother 1 crew.

Give him Ganon's old up smash, Falcon's Old Foward Smash. Instead of the Knee of Justice, give him Ganon's fair that spikes on the knuckle.

Tornado is weaker but multi hit. Side B is a blade beam clone but weaker. Dash attack is a shield bash. New final smash.

Out of my echo fighters, Dixie is the one I put the some of the most differences in. New grab animations with the hair, new Up B based on the whirl,

Medusa actually has the most differences due to taking some of Palutena's old moves. Lightweight, Super Speed, Jump Glide, and Celestial Firework are adopted. Damage output is a bet less to compensate for lightweight.

New ink colors, weapons are altered in design to be Octo weapons. Final Smash is rainmaker.

My thought process was to rep more franchises overall. I wanted to also do a minor heroes vs villains thing here. Altogether I think this is a fun little pass.
Same thing but Kyrstal and Fox replaced by Sonic and Shadow and Medusa with Virdi

Last edited:

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion

Here are mine.

I'm too lazy to come up with some gameplay differences but:
1. Black shadow for Captain falcon
2. Louie (with Britanny skin) for Olimar/Alph
3.Funky kong for Donkey kong
4. Octoling for Inkling
6. Ninten for Ness
7. Impa for Sheik
8. Celica for Robin

zferolie

Smash Hero

Here are mine.

I like those all, but i feel krystal is too unique to be an echo due to her staff. Shadow with sonic is best.

Also for medusa give her heavenly light but call it netherworld darkness.

Also, i think an Impa for sheik is a perfect echo as well.

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I feel like it's about time for nintendo to show quite a bit of stuff, so I would want a full direct soon, if not the 20th.

And yeah Krystal wouldn't make sense as a fox echo :p

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787

You could also maybe even incorporate EVE into the Final Smash as the final blow of it, stomping on or smacking the opponent away. Just a thought to spice it up a bit more, since the Starman Assist Trophy already shows off PK Beam.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
The possibilities for any potential direct I think can be summed up with:
-Announcment later tonight
-Shadowdrop on Monday
-The direct is announced Monday and it happens on Tuesday or Wednesday
-There is no direct
-some fifth thing that I am not thinking of

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Keep in mind that NoA likely has to get the go from NoJ to announce the direct. It's already the weekend for Japan. I always expected the announcement to be made on Sunday around when it'll be Monday morning for Japan. They have probably have some interns for the Weekend at NoA.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Keep in mind that NoA likely has to get the go from NoJ to announce the direct. It's already the weekend for Japan. I always expected the announcement to be made on Sunday around when it'll be Monday morning for Japan. They have probably have some interns for the Weekend at NoA.
That could be fine, if they dont mind announcing it that close.

btw, the model for reimu in your sig is adorable. where is it from, do you know?

Last edited:

Here are mine.

If we were to get a clone pass, I'd prefer to go the Melee route where the moves are the same, but all the numbers are changed, kind of like Doctor Mario. It would defeat the purpose of more easily balancing them, so it wouldn't happen, but I can dream.

Here's my picks.

1. Alvis or Malos for Shulk. I imagine Malos to be the Ike to Shulk's Marth, but in terms of animations, it would make sense if he was a bit taller and more upright. Do a bit of a Daisy thing where he's a little taller but his stance isn't as wide. I'd give him a different special instead of back slash because it doesn't feel like something he'd do. Alvis could be more straightforward but with a different idle. If you want to get saucy, give them different monado arts.

2. Zack Fair for Cloud. Funnily enough, I would have use a traditional sword for his attacks instead of the buster sword. If I got my melee clone, I would make him a bit more of a combo character.

3. Midbus for Bowser. He'd have water/ice properties instead of Bowser's fire and the up-B animation would be different.

4. The generic soldier guys from Kid Icarus Uprising multiplayer, but over Young Link instead of Pit. Then I would replace bombs and maybe boomerang with something else. This guy's probably too ambitious for a clone, but eh.

5. A pretty common pick, but Impa for Shiek. Ideally the Ganon to Shiek's Captain Falcon, but she doesn't need to be.

6. Proto Man or Bass for Mega Man. I don't know enough about them to know how they'd work exactly, but they seem neat.

7. Tetra over Toon Link. Another ambitious one, but the main things that would need work are the boomerang, shield, bow, and hookshot. The bow can be reskinned as a pistol, the hookshot can be changed to a grappling hook, and the shield can be removed, but the boomerang would have to be replaced by a new move.

8. Mike Haggar for Incineroar, but replace revenge with summoning a pipe as an item.

And for some honorable mentions that don't at all fit the criteria:

1. Shy Guy using a miniature Dedede as a base.

2. Slippy Toad using Wario as a base, but being slower and incorporating some stuff like Snake's grenade or Falco's laser.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
So how many rumors have we got running now? I lost track.

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334

1. :linkmelee: :ultlink:
Exactly how he was in Melee

2. Dry Bowser :ultbowser:
Smaller and playable Giga Bowser

3. Akuma :ultryu::ultken:
Plays like he does in Super Street Fighter II

4. Fire Mario :ultmario:
Mario but with Fire effects to his moves. Fludd is now a flamethrower

5. Banjo Tooie :ultbanjokazooie:
Kazooie is a dragon, shoots fire eggs and is a slower but stronger version of Banjo & Kazooie.

6. Black Shadow :ultganondorf:
Basically :4ganondorf: while Ganondorf would be fully de-cloned.

7. Dixie Kong :ultdiddy:
Up special would be changed to the helicopter hair, Neutral special would the bubblegum popgun and dash attack would be her hair twirl. Her cloned attacks would have different damage and knockback values to give her something to make her different.

8. Dr. Luigi :ultdoc::ultluigi:
Parallel to Dr. Mario, he would be faster but weaker version of Luigi.

As a bonus, here are all the special moves I would change to existing Echo fighters and clone characters

NOTE: Names in Brackets
_______________________________________________________________________________________________

Clones
_______________________________________________________________________________________________

:ultdoc:

Megavitamins -> (Mega Capsule)
Throws a large, slow-moving capsule. Short ranged, but hits multiple times.

Super Sheet -> (Shocking Sheet)
Launch foes with an electrically charged sheet. Can't reflect projectiles, though.

Super Jump Punch -> Ol' One Two
A burning uppercut. Not much height, but causes a powerful explosion at its peak.

Dr. Tornado = Fine
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:ultyounglink:

Fire Arrow = Fine

Boomerang -> (Ripping Boomerang)
A short-ranged boomerang that passes through opponents, dealing multiple hits.

Spin Attack -> (Shocking Spin)
Strong and electrical, but sideways motion is reduced and it leaves you vulnerable.

Bomb -> (Meteor Bomb)
Pull out a short-fused bomb that has a meteor effect on airborne foes.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:ulttoonlink:

Hero's Bow -> (Piercing Bow)
Fires a piercing bow at high speed. Does less damage than normal arrows.

Boomerang -> (High-Speed Boomerang)
Throw a high-speed boomerang that passes through fighters. Deals less damage than normal.

Spin Attack -> Hurricane Spin
Slide forward while spinning. If used in the air, you'll move more sideways than up.

Bomb -> (Time Bomb)
The bomb only explodes when its fuse runs out. Does less damage but launches foes.

:ultpichu:

Thunder Jolt -> Thunder Wave
The ball of electricity paralyzes foes but does less damage.

Skull Bash -> (Shocking Skull Bash)
A flying headbutt that deals multiple hits. The last hit has added launch power.

Agility = Fine

Thunder -> (Distant Thunder)
The thundercloud will appear higher up. Deal more damage near the cloud.

Echo Fighter

:ultdaisy:

Toad -> Sleepy Toad
A counter that puts opponents in front of you to sleep. Launches airborne opponents.

Daisy Bomber -> (Flower Bomber)
A hip bash that plants flowers on enemies' heads. If you miss, you're left open to attacks.

Daisy Parasol -> (Light Parasol)
The jump isn't very high, but opening the parasol lifts you a little bit higher.

Vegetable (Normal/Bored/Sleepy/Surprised/Joyful) -> (Light Veggie)
Pluck a slow-flying veggie from the ground. Can only be used so many times in a row.

Vegetable (Oof/Weird/Stichface) -> (Heavy Veggie)
Pluck a heavy veggie that doesn't go far but can launch opponents.

:ultdarksamus:

Charge Shot -> Multi Shot
The amount of shots depends of how much it's been charged from 1 (Uncharged) to 3 (Half Charged to 5 (Fully Charged)

Missile -> Relentless Missile
Launch a slower, more persistent missile. Also, the Super Missiles decelerate after a bit.

Screw Attack -> Apex Screw Attack
Hits at the start and peak of the jump. The force at the peak can launch foes.

Bomb -> Mega Bomb
Drop a stronger bomb with a longer fuse. Only one can exist at a time.

:ultlucina:

Shield Breaker -> Dashing Assault
Thrust while dashing forward. Deals slightly less damage than normal.

Dancing Blade -> Effortless Blade
You can't change the combo type, but you can wait longer between attacks. Lower damage.

Dolphin Slash -> Crescent Slash
Rise in an arc while attacking. Deals most damage at the midpoint. Doesn't go as high.

Counter -> Easy Counter
Your counter stance lasts longer, but the attack power is lower.

:ultchrom:

Flare Blade -> Storm Blade
Slash your sword forward, creating a gust of wind that knocks opponents back.

Double-Edge Dance - Heavy Blade
Each strike is stronger but launches foes, making it hard to pull off a combo.

Soaring Slash = Fine

Counter -> Paralysing Counter
A counter that paralyzes enemies instead of dealing damage.

:ultdarkpit:

Silver Bow -> (Piercing Bow)
Fire a giant arrow that travels through foes. A powerful shot, but leaves you quite open.

Electroshock Arm -> (Quickshock Arm)
Charge forward with such speed, you won't stop even after delivering an uppercut.

Power of Flight -> (Striking Flight)
The angle of flight can't be controlled as much, but you deal damage at takeoff.

Guardian Orbitars -> (Amplifying Orbitars)
Summon shields that are easily broken but boost the power of reflected projectiles.

Nothing for :ultrichter: sadly.

Last edited:

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826

Here are mine.

1. Green Mario :ultmario:

2. Pepsi Man :ultfalcon:

3. The Joker :ultjoker:

4. Sephiroth :ultcloud:

5. Black Knight :ultbowser:

6. Bakugan Dude :ultpokemontrainer::ultpokemontrainerf:

7. Lucario 2 :ultmewtwo:

8. Big Mac :ultlittlemac:

Bonus:

9. Fat Yoshi: Mix of :ultyoshi: and :ultkrool:

Last edited:

SKX31

Smash Master

Here are mine.

Okay, so I'm coming from the point of view of "There should be a gameplay-related reason to pick the Echo over the original":

1. Blue Gary Oak :ultpokemontrainer:: Yeah, the ****ing Gary Oak. With alts based on Silver and other rivals. "But you still wind up with :ultsquirtle:, :ultivysaur: and :ultcharizard:!" I hear you complain. Fear not, for all three Pokemon could have some different moves and properties based on Gary Oak's style. His Squirtle having Blizzard instead of Water Gun, Ivysaur having Mega Drain or Solarbeam instead of Razor Leaf, his Charizard having Fire Blast instead of Flamethrower - and a few other differences. Would change Squirtle most notably by giving him (a perhaps slightly weaker) PK Freeze instead of FLUDD

2, Dry Bowser :ultbowser:: What with Bowser now being a fast semi-grappler and a respectable force to be reckoned with, Dry Bowser could be the slightly more strategic version of Bowser. It's going to be difficult to create a slow Bowser again and not have him feel a bit sluggish (IMHO) but it's worth at least trying out. A bone toss instead of Fire Breath would create a major difference by itself by giving Dry Bowser different follow up options.

3. Dixie :ultdiddy: (if not her own separate character): Okay, I'll bite. Besides the hair-copter, she could have something else instead of Banana Peel. Perhaps using the Banana Birds - who sing to stun in a small radius? Would change her trapping game quite a bit, and there aren't many characters with mid-air traps (as opposed to the ground-based Peels).

4. Galacta Knight :ultmetaknight:: Nah... not going with multi-hit Tornado, 'cause that's giving me Brawl :metaknight: flashbacks (and yeah, I used to love playing as him back in the day, but even then I thought that move was ridicolous). Instead, giving his Tornado more vertical reach and reducing its speed to compensate, and giving him a Shield Bash -> Lance Thrust instead of the three hit F-tilt Meta Knight has. Gives Galacta Knight more defensive options at the cost of some offensive potency. Not that Galacta Knight would lack offensive potency completely.

5. Octolings :ultinkling:: While I haven't played Splatoon at all, different weapons could be a strong argument. Mostly going to change Splattershot because it would also change the jab at the same time, and the Down Smash perhaps. Gives the Octolings different interactions with the Ink mechanic and allows for a more potent distance game at the cost of some damage up close.

6. Medusa :ultpalutena:: Super Speed would feel a bit strange on her, but that might just be the KI boss fight and her ginormous size. That said, Smash 4's Custom Moves could be a rich source to pull from, but going with Medusa's KI appearance for inspiration. Telekinesis instead of Explosive Flame, and her trademark Stone Gaze instead of the plain old Counter / Reflect. That changes Medusa's distance game from Palutena's quite a bit - making Medusa more focused on stunning her opponents instead of "just" blowing them up.

7. :linkmelee::ultlink:: Nah, I'm not going to go straight Melee here. Instead, I'll give Melee Link some Soul Calibur II stuff; like a Sprint that can be charged / cancelled - and have the Boomerang / Bomb be weapons that can be pulled out from a cancelled Sprint. That alone gives Melee Link some much needed mixup potential - he's going to lack the Remote Bomb's sheer utility (sidenote: I fully believe the Remote Bomb was one of the biggest blessings Link could've gotten, let it stay).

8. Twintelle :ultminmin (if not her own character): The raised ARMS hitboxes (from her hair) could change a lot already, giving her some more coverage against jumps at the cost of not being able to hit low-profiling opponets as well.

Bonus: Changing existing echoes: Differentiating :ultdaisy: from :ultpeach:: I was actually pretty sad when Nintendo removed the turnip differences, because before Daisy actually had better kill confirms with her turnips at high %, and Peach better combos at low % and stronger knockback at high %. Now Daisy's = Peach's. As far as differentiating Daisy from Peach - give Daisy Peach's old moves. Her Melee Utilt (the headbutt), and her pre-Ultimate grab without the Toad for example.

I'd differentiate :ultrichter: from :ultsimon: too - by making Richter specialize in moves originating from his game and Simon specialize in moves from his.

Last edited:

cashregister9

Smash Hero

Here are mine.

:ultinkling: Octolings: New ink maybe some Splatoon 2 weapons
:ultvillager:Tom Nook: Same moveset maybe a new Up-b and way heavier
:ultpalutena:Medusa: Darker aesthetic palutena maybe some sm4sh custom moves
:ultkrool:Lord Fredrik: Neutral B freezes would be the only change I could think of

THIRD PARTY BONUS ROUND

:ultjoker:Violet: Same Moveset as Joker make some slashes stabs and instead of side b moving at a downwards angle it moves straight
:ultsonic:Blaze The Cat: Exact same moveset just Purple and maybe some fire
:ultcloud:Zack Fair: Zack is just cloud but with a personality
:ulthero:Heroine: Exact same as hero but the alts are Anlucia as default, Female Erdrick, Sofia and Female IX Protagonist

EDIT: Here is a bonus
:ultbayonetta:Jeanne

Last edited:

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
I don't see Shadow working either. Looking at Sonic's movements and attacks, so you really see Shadow working that way? At most, he'd be like Fox and Wolf.
Shadow atleast has SA2 and other games backing him up for playing almost exactly like sonic and using the "THE HEDGEHOG FAKER THAT LOOKS LIKE ME" story element even if Battle gave him a unique moveset.

Blaze on the other hand uses tornado spins, fire gliding, and more feminine acrobatic animations from the first time playing.

I still want to see a Sonic character that's just Sonic without a spindash, just to see how it works. It would legitimately change the entire playstyle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom