• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gribbo

Smash Apprentice
Remember when people were panicking that Tracer was gonna be in Smash because of a leaked Overwatch-themed Switch case? Good times.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
Dota 2 gives you all the heroes for free though. Unless you're talking about that weird tutorial thing that locks most of the "difficult" heroes to railroad new players to "easy" heroes, which I'm not sure is a thing anymore.
Yeah that's it, I haven't played Dota 2 in years so I thought it's still in place.

Staarih

Smash Master
Wow that dislike ratio for the Pokémon Unite trailer.

But even with a reception like this, the game will make tons of money. The same team behind such money cows like Arena of Valor + the Pokémon brand, and there you have it.

Last edited:

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Pokemon was a mistake.

I'm sure Korea and China will enjoy it...maybe, they apparently enjoy MOBAs...but according to PushDustin Japan is about as on board with this as the west are:

Last edited:

SKX31

Smash Master
There's too many dislikes on the Direct for it to actually kill LoL. And I don't blame them: Alongside only revealing one thing this time, the game felt rather...bootleg to me despite being officially licensed.

Also I think having NPC roles in that game will be treated even worse than in Smash, because Pokemon like Galvantula and Bewear in that game are only meant to be cannon fodder.
I'm not surprised given how Arena of Valor / Honor of Kings (Tencent's mobile LoL) looks:

That game is also meant to play on low-end smartphones, and I honestly wouldn't be surprised if a lot of Unite's playerbase is also going to be on the lower-end smartphone users. This is most likely going to be aimed at the casual crowd.

Still though, it looking kinda bootleg might not do it many favors on that department. Mobile eSports isn't as accepted here as it is in China / SEA (where Arena of Valor has its playerbase).

Honestly, the idea of a Pokemon MOBA isn't a terrible one, but something about Pokemon Unite seems... off. Perhaps it's the free to play monetization scheme or just the general sketchiness of Tencent, but it's reminding me of a free, virus-filled bootleg game. Maybe it's how generic the environments look relative to the Pokemon?

At least Shoko Nakagawa seems to be having fun.
Yeah, the visuals seem a bit off, especially the contrast. I do like the gameplay differences (as in, this is not a straight up LoL clone and has emphasis on quick games and teamwork). Tencent's Chinese nickname is "The Penguin Factory" (its mascot being a Penguin) with emphasis on factory (yeah, how fast it churns out games - Tencent ain't popular amongst the Chinese hardcore), so it could be that too.

It could still be in alpha / beta, but yeah, I do agree with you there.

Pokemon was a mistake.

I'm sure Korea and China will enjoy it...maybe, they apparently enjoy MOBAs...but according to PushDustin Japan is about as on board with this as the west are:

Have legit no clue why they didn't include it in the last presentation. Perhaps it was to make a statement about the cooperation? That's the only real reason I can possibly think off (Since Tencent's Vice president made an appearance).

I could see Unite doing well amongst the Western casual crowd, but it's not going to do well amongst the Western hardcore. I'll have to source the Chinese reactions to Unite too, give me a moment.

Last edited:

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
Honestly, I get being disappointed because Unite was the only thing they showed, but at the same time... it seems like people hyped themselves up for no reason.

Last week, I said this, for instance:

I don't really see it happening now. They've barely launched Isle of Armor and we haven't even got Crown Tundra yet. GF is relatively small when you consider they make games for literally the biggest media franchise ever.

I don't see a new mainline title until after Crown Tundra, at the earliest. That's when SwSh will really be done and they might move on to other projects.
Well, that and people comparing it to League or saying it's P2W.

EDIT: As SKX31 SKX31 said, Unite might hit better with the casual crowd. Even if the mobile MOBA market is saturated, we're talking about the biggest media franchise on the planet, which should give it some staying power by definition. If it fails, it's because they botched the execution.

Last edited:

Faso115

Smash Lord
I like how there is never a nuanced take in speculation, it's always absolute statements of "this thing is happening" or "This thing is a lock" or "this thing is inevitable"

We are all sith

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I can never understand for the life of me why companies going mobile like to make big gameplay demos of their product. Diablo Immortals, Command and Conquer, Pokemon Unite. Why would you want to make a big showing of games with PS2 level graphics to hardcores and keep the fancy ads for TV?

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
I like how there is never a nuanced take in speculation, it's always absolute statements of "this thing is happening" or "This thing is a lock" or "this thing is inevitable"

We are all sith
Caution and reason are a lie. There is only hype.

Through hype, I gain my most wanted.

Through my most wanted, I gain internet points.

Through internet points I gain victory.

Through victory, my chains are broken.

The Character Select Screen shall set me free.

~The Smash Bros. code.

Last edited:

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
Besides, I'd hardly call Golden Sun, Chibi-Robo, Wars or Rhythm Heaven "D-Listers".
True, but then again, that's because of Nintendo mismanaging the series rather than the quality of the first game itself. Though I definitely agree on the subsequent entries.

Like, as far as I'm concerned, calling a franchise "D-Tier" also means it's straddling that line between being forgotten for being niche or region-locked and being forgotten for being bad. Which the first game doesn't really do. The other ones did to an extent, but I blame that squarely on Nintendo mismanagement rather than something wrong with the series itself.

Making a franchise's future depend on an entry in a different genre is definitely not one of Nintendo's brightest moments.
I think they're more D-tier in the sense of what they're being compared to across the board for Nintendo, and frankly all these series are in pretty dire straits at this point. Opossum already went over Chibi-Robo's unfortunate saga as a failed franchise, which was absolutely Nintendo's doing, but one good game followed by a variety of mediocre to downright bad follow ups is still putting him a very bad place.

Advance Wars hasn't had a release since early 2008 when Days of Ruin did only alright and the franchise has generally been largely abandoned. It's quality was mostly fine, but it never did super well and has generally only become less known.

Golden Sun hasn't had a release since 2010's Dark Dawn absolutely bombed on the DS as well. Again, a small dip in quality, but as a franchise Dark Dawn kneecapped any future it had and Nintendo's general need for Camelot to keep developing Mario sports spinoffs has largely outweighed their need for quality RPGs since then.

Rhythm Heaven is a bit more hopeful with it only being absent since 2016... but Megamix never got a physical release outside of Japan in the first place and Tsunku (the main producer behind the series) was seen earlier this year asking fans to please voice their support to get another title in the series made. Which in of itself is usually a pretty bad sign for a franchise.

They may not be exactly D-tier series, but every single one of them is in a pretty rough place at the moment. Certainly some more than others and Golden Sun once had a much higher peak than the others sales wise on GBA for example, but they're all franchises struggling without any clear future in sight and mostly survive reputation wise on the word of mouth of more entrenched Nintendo fans at this point. All have had wonderful critical highs as solid titles, but they are all increasingly removed from modern Nintendo's conscious it seems.

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
I think they're more D-tier in the sense of what they're being compared to across the board for Nintendo, and frankly all these series are in pretty dire straits at this point. Opossum already went over Chibi-Robo's unfortunate saga as a failed franchise, which was absolutely Nintendo's doing, but one good game followed by a variety of mediocre to downright bad follow ups is still putting him a very bad place.

Advance Wars hasn't had a release since early 2008 when Days of Ruin did only alright and the franchise has generally been largely abandoned. It's quality was mostly fine, but it never did super well and has generally only become less known.

Golden Sun hasn't had a release since 2010's Dark Dawn absolutely bombed on the DS as well. Again, a small dip in quality, but as a franchise Dark Dawn kneecapped any future it had and Nintendo's general need for Camelot to keep developing Mario sports spinoffs has largely outweighed their need for quality RPGs since then.

Rhythm Heaven is a bit more hopeful with it only being absent since 2016... but Megamix never got a physical release outside of Japan in the first place and Tsunku (the main producer behind the series) was seen earlier this year asking fans to please voice their support to get another title in the series made. Which in of itself is usually a pretty bad sign for a franchise.

They may not be exactly D-tier series, but every single one of them is in a pretty rough place at the moment. Certainly some more than others and Golden Sun once had a much higher peak than the others sales wise on GBA for example, but they're all franchises struggling without any clear future in sight and mostly survive reputation wise on the word of mouth of more entrenched Nintendo fans at this point. All have had wonderful critical highs as solid titles, but they are all increasingly removed from modern Nintendo's conscious it seems.
To be clear: I agreed with the comparison with other franchises part and I think Opossum summed it up very well, but still... they may not be A or even B-listers who get something every now and then, but the fact that these franchises still have their followings even after all this time (unlike some of Nintendo's region-locked titles and one-off games that never took flight) speaks to how they're far from being bottom of the barrel. That was pretty much my original point with saying they shouldn't be called "D-tier", tbh.

Wars, for example, got what is basically a spiritual successor in Wargroove, which sold well and was even nominated for Best Strategy game at last year's TGA. And people have brought up that Golden Sun's fan support might be responsible for Isaac's AT at least returning and the series having one of the highest non-fighter series Spirit counts.

Lionfranky

Smash Lord
So what are the characters that you can't see anything less than playable characters if they get in?

Master Chief - Xbox mascot. Halo has been series that defined fps in new way. It's also considered Star Wars of gaming in some sense.

Crash - Huge universal demand. PS1 icon.

Sora - Another huge demand from both regions.

Putting these three as Mii costume would be huge insult, and following backlash isn't something Nintendo/Sakurai would want to risk. It would be also stupid move business decision wise. Why go for such big fish to turn it into poor dish?

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
Like, as far as I'm concerned, calling a franchise "D-Tier" also means it's straddling that line between being forgotten for being niche or region-locked and being forgotten for being bad.
Well, that's your definition.

When I say "D-Listers" I generally just mean "Nobody outside of Smash speculators cares about this franchise anymore". It's no commentary on the quality of the franchise back when it actually mattered.

Last edited:

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
Well, that's your definition.

When I say "D-Listers" I generally just mean "Nobody outside of Smash speculators cares about this franchise anymore". It's no commentary on the quality of the franchise back when it actually mattered.
Honestly outside of Smash I often see some discussion about Golden sun and Rhythm heaven. There's a lot of Golden sun fans that hope that the franchise will be back on Switch, and Rhythm heaven have a pretty big community online that also want the franchise back on Switch. I still agree that they are d-tier franchise because they're small, don't sell as much as other Nintendo game and don't have a fanbase as big as Earthbound or F-zero, but saying that nobody care aside from Smash fan isn't really true.

Royalty1702

Smash Journeyman
So what are the characters that you can't see anything less than playable characters if they get in?

Master Chief - Xbox mascot. Halo has been series that defined fps in new way. It's also considered Star Wars of gaming in some sense.

Putting these three as Mii costume would be huge insult, and following backlash isn't something Nintendo/Sakurai would want to risk. It would be also stupid move business decision wise. Why go for such big fish to turn it into poor dish?
Kratos

zeldasmash

Smash Lord

Kratos - Sony's modern icon.

Master Chief - Pretty much the same reasons you said.

Dante - I think it's safe to say he's the most requested Capcom character.

Sora - Pretty much the same reasons you said.

Sol Badguy - The face of Arc System Works

Lara Croft - One of the biggest female gaming icons of all time.

Sephiroth - THE Final Fantasy villain and him getting a Mii Costume would be a disservice.

Last edited:

GreninjaMarth

Smash Rookie
• Master Chief
• Lara Croft
• Kratos
• Crash
• Sora
• Dante
• Scorpion

if I were to pick two, it’d be Chief and Croft.
People are really sleeping on Croft.

Lara Croft wouldn’t have the most interesting move-set compared to others, but I think she deserves to be in Smash because of her sheer star power. She’s debatably the most recognizable female character in gaming, and we could use more females.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
To be honest, the best first party characters are Echo-adjacent characters: Impa, Octoling and Dixie would be a smashing trio but they all fall in this limbo of both having all the potential in the world and being a possible clone.
With the 4 extra character slots found in WOL beyond the 2nd FP, if they were going to fill them up, my dream would be an echo/semiclone pack with Dixie, Impa, Octoling, and another echo (maybe a 2nd ARMS character?). Would be a nice way to finish up the roster with excellent characters while giving Sakurai and the dev team a relatively lighter workload compared to the first two FPs.

Last edited:

SKX31

Smash Master
Pokemon was a mistake.

To return to this, initial Chinese reactions seem to be... yeah, about as negative as the West and Japan. At least amongst the hardcore. Comes down to the fact that Honor of Kings already exists (Unite's compared to that often in Weibo comments) and Tencent is rather infamous in China for its old habits of copying stuff (a lot of comments surrounding that). That image irks a lot of Chinese hardcore fans for the reasons one would expect. (Seriously I saw one Weibo comment openly pining for Lets Go Johto.) There appear to be some positive comments there too, TBF... but yeah, ain't getting the hottest reception there.

Korean reactions (checks inven.kr)... not too much there yet, but "Couldn't you have made better graphics?" have already popped up. The trailer did release close to midnight there, but it ain't the hottest reception there either. Probably because LoL has such a massive grip still.

Chief

Dante

Kratos

Lara Croft

Crash

Doomguy / Dovachkin

Sol Badguy

Ender1645

Smash Cadet

Doom Slayer, series is very important to video game history, large amount of support for Nintendo, Bethesda franchise that Nintendo fans will know most. Etc.

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
To be clear: I agreed with the comparison with other franchises part and I think Opossum summed it up very well, but still... they may not be A or even B-listers who get something every now and then, but the fact that these franchises still have their followings even after all this time (unlike some of Nintendo's region-locked titles and one-off games that never took flight) speaks to how they're far from being bottom of the barrel. That was pretty much my original point with saying they shouldn't be called "D-tier", tbh.

Wars, for example, got what is basically a spiritual successor in Wargroove, which sold well and was even nominated for Best Strategy game at last year's TGA. And people have brought up that Golden Sun's fan support might be responsible for Isaac's AT at least returning and the series having one of the highest non-fighter series Spirit counts.
I mean, I would still consider there to be a F-tier below D-tier as well. The franchises listed are straddling the line between C-tier and D-tier at this point. Almost everything still has a following to this day though, so I'm not exactly keen to give franchises that never performed well to begin with and have only faded further from public consciousness much credit for that. Congrats to Wargroove for doing well, but unless Nintendo decides to use that success as a catalyst for reviving the Wars series, then it doesn't actually mean anything for the Wars series. Golden Sun fans certainly have been vocal about their support for Isaac in Smash, but again that doesn't really help the series a ton if Nintendo continues to refuse to revisit it.

They aren't the absolute bottom of the barrel per se, but they're all series that are struggling to remain in the conversations and increasingly impacted by the passage of time as they become increasingly limited in their appeal to the people who loved them originally and who they can reference.

Like, in my ideal world, I'd love to see them all in Smash in some capacity. I may be known for my love of third parties, but if the remaining five options in the pass were Astral Chain, Ring Fit Adventure, Golden Sun, Chibi Robo, and Rhythm Heaven I wouldn't really complain too much because those are still options specifically highlighting new franchises to Smash in a playable capacity (but I'd admit it would be a bit boring still too), but Nintendo's almost certainly not going to go for any of them I'm afraid in the current state of things. And I also recognize the latter three all are fairly niche in their appeal today even if Golden Sun has some popularity among Smash fans.

Last edited:

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334

We all thought one time that Resident Evil would definitely get in with playable characters but we all seem to forget that Nintendo is no stranger to making questionable decisions.

But to answer your question, here is my list
Sora
Crash Bandicoot
Master chief
Doom Guy
Phoenix Wright
Dante
Geno (Specifically DLC)

GreninjaMarth

Smash Rookie
Also, Tails.
Where’s Tails?
We have Ken and Richter.

Let’s make that Mario/Luigi vs Sonic/Tails fight possible

PeridotGX

Pranked!
NNID
Denoma5280

A Microsoft character, a Sony character, or Sora. Those three characters would be so expensive to license that they would only do it if they were playable. Nobody else is safe.

SNEKeater

Smash Master

Clearly Frogger.

For the people saying Sol, I don't really agree, I could totally see him being spirited or with a Mii Costume, in fact I think that's more likely than getting him as playable.

If we speak about characters that wouldn't get another treatment than being playable in case of getting in, I think that these characters would be ones from gigantic IPs or really big and popular characters not only among the Smash community but also in the overall gaming scene. For that reason I wouldn't include Sol here and hey, I'd like to.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master

Unfortunately I don’t see any character left that’s too big to not be Mii costumed. I don’t think Sakurai or Nintendo see it as an insult—they see it as a way to add more characters in the game in some way given the limited number of new playable characters they can make (“It’s either this, or nothing”). So I could see a Master Chief Mii costume and, unfortunately, a Crash one, if the negotiating partners are fine with it (I think they’d see it differently, like us).

For me I couldn’t see Crash as a Mii costume because they’d likely go the actual costume route, or worse, chopping off their head for a hat route. Not a fan of when they do that to characters like Tails and Knuckles. I could see a Master Chief costume working, but I also have no attachment to the franchise personally, so I just see it as a way for them to be in if they wouldn’t be in otherwise. Would still probably look incredibly awkward with Mii animations, though. So it’s less “they’re too big to be a mii costume” and more “it wouldn’t look right.”

If I were to pick characters that are the least likely to get Mii costumes given how big they are—Crash, Sora and Master Chief seem like the biggest ones that fit that.

I much prefer what they’re doing now—taking cartoonish characters like Sans and Cuphead that just—fit well as Mii costumes, and in some ways I appreciate them more like that than if they were playable, particularly their unique style like how Cuphead uses their fingers as their gun. I think I’ve liked every full Mii costume I’ve seen so far. Now all they need to do is fix their intro pictures to not have the standard Mii Fighter’s face in an awkward shadow as if they were censored. They likely won’t fix that, but it looks jarring and one reason why I haven’t played with Mii Fighters, even when the costumes look great. Ruins the immersion.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
The only character that I believe will not get represented in Smash whatsoever unless it's a playable fighter slot is a Sony rep like Kratos. Nintendo can be dumb sometimes but they're not dumb enough to go up to a competitor and ask to put their mascot in as a dress up mii costume or a .png sticker picture.

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
The only character that I believe will not get represented in Smash whatsoever unless it's a playable fighter slot is a Sony rep like Kratos. Nintendo can be dumb sometimes but they're not dumb enough to go up to a competitor and ask to put their mascot in as a dress up mii costume or a .png sticker picture.
There's also Sora. I really don't think they'd pay royalties to Disney only to get one single Mii Costume - or Spirit, for that matter. I think Sora will either show up as playable or not at all.

clearandsweet

Smash Journeyman
I mean, I would still consider there to be a F-tier below D-tier as well. The franchises listed are straddling the line between C-tier and D-tier at this point. Almost everything still has a following to this day though, so I'm not exactly keen to give franchises that never performed well to begin with and have only faded further from public consciousness much credit for that. Congrats to Wargroove for doing well, but unless Nintendo decides to use that success as a catalyst for reviving the Wars series, then it doesn't actually mean anything for the Wars series. Golden Sun fans certainly have been vocal about their support for Isaac in Smash, but again that doesn't really help the series a ton if Nintendo continues to refuse to revisit it.

They aren't the absolute bottom of the barrel per se, but they're all series that are struggling to remain in the conversations and increasingly impacted by the passage of time as they become increasingly limited in their appeal to the people who loved them originally and who they can reference.

Like, in my ideal world, I'd love to see them all in Smash in some capacity. I may be known for my love of third parties, but if the remaining five options in the pass were Astral Chain, Ring Fit Adventure, Golden Sun, Chibi Robo, and Rhythm Heaven I wouldn't really complain too much because those are still options specifically highlighting new franchises to Smash in a playable capacity (but I'd admit it would be a bit boring still too), but Nintendo's almost certainly not going to go for any of them I'm afraid in the current state of things. And I also recognize the latter three all are fairly niche in their appeal today even if Golden Sun has some popularity among Smash fans.
As someone in the larger Golden Sun fandom, I can assure you it extends largely beyond the Smash Bros fandom. Of course, there happens to be crossover, like any Nintendo fandom and Smash, and that's who you see here.

I can't speak for Advance Wars or Rhythm Heaven or Chibi Robo (all of who I personally support for inclusion in Smash/series revival), but the function of Smash as cause or effect of series popularity has always been a weird one.

Humor me here, I know you all don't care about it like we do, just humor me.

It's been two years and two days since Camelot released Mario Tennis Aces. In their 30 year history, they've never gone this long without a game released when working with Nintendo. Motoi Sakuraba has no announced projects for 2020 after doing 3 soundtracks a year for decades now.

If Camelot is, by all confluences of fate, releasing a Golden Sun game on Switch and it's shadow dropped on Twitter tomorrow a la Paper Mario, how quickly would your tone change about speculation? Would you then all but lock one of those FP2 spots down for a Venus Adept of some sort?

Last edited:

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
As someone in the larger Golden Sun fandom, I can assure you it extends largely beyond the Smash Bros fandom. Of course, there happens to be crossover, like any Nintendo fandom and Smash, and that's who you see here.

I can't speak for Advance Wars or Rhythm Heaven or Chibi Robo (all of who I personally support for inclusion in Smash/series revival), but the function of Smash as cause or effect of series popularity has always been a weird one.

Humor me here, I know you all don't care about it like we do, just humor me.

It's been two years and two days since Camelot released Mario Tennis Aces. In their 30 year history, they've never gone this long without a game released when working with Nintendo. Motoi Sakuraba has no announced projects for 2020 after doing 3 soundtracks a year for decades now.

If Camelot is, by all confluences of fate, releasing a Golden Sun game on Switch and it's shadow dropped on Twitter tomorrow a la Paper Mario, how quickly would your tone change about speculation? Would you then all but lock one of those FP2 spots down for a Venus Adept of some sort?
If that scenario actually pans out then I'll toss in the towel for Waluigi and accept that Isaac is coming. I believe we'll only get, assuming they happen, one AT upgrade and if it's Isaac then I don't see Waluigi or any other AT getting in at all until the next game.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Speaking of Sora, I know it’s a long shot but I hope that if Sora gets in we get Donald and Goofy Mii Costumes based on their KH outfits. Heck, if they go past Disney for the rights, they might as well snag The Moon Theme from DuckTales as a theme. Super long shot of course, but it is one of gaming’s more iconic tunes so I hope Sora can bring it with him.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Isaac is a character who I could see Sakurai adding, but not Nintendo. Unless there's an upcoming game, I can't picture them giving him one of the coveted five slots left.

If any AT gets promoted, it'll probably be Waluigi. He has the relevancy and the fan demand. Only downside he has is that there's no specific game to tie in with him, and I'm not sure how they'd approach that. Not sure if I'm totally convinced that they'd randomly bring back a Mario Kart DS track for his stage and make an entire Spirit Board that's literally just various artwork of the same character.

Still, like I said earlier, he's probably in a better position than the rest.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Isaac is a character who I could see Sakurai adding, but not Nintendo. Unless there's an upcoming game, I can't picture them giving him one of the coveted five slots left.

If any AT gets promoted, it'll probably be Waluigi. He has the relevancy and the fan demand. Only downside he has is that there's no specific game to tie in with him, and I'm not sure how they'd approach that. Not sure if I'm totally convinced that they'd randomly bring back a Mario Kart DS track for his stage and make an entire Spirit Board that's literally just various artwork of the same character.

God how funny would it be if Waluigi’s Spirit Board only featured Spirits of Waluigi.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Still think the LoL rumor was a lucky guess for the ToM Spirits only

it did imply a LoL character was FP7 right? If we don’t get the Hollow Knight costume with FP7 and FP7 is someone else this rumor is ded
Well, the fighters are made in packs of three, right? I think FP8 is the cutoff date, at least for that specific leak.

Last edited:

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam

Maybe a court from Mario Tennis Aces could work for his stage? Snowfall Mountain seems like a strong candidate, with characters stampeding across the court at certain points. The Snow Ogre could even be a boss like the Yellow Devil.

For spirits... yeah, that's a tough one. Maybe lean further into Mario's spin-offs to fill that out? Although, the idea of just having Waluigi's spirit board full of his own spirits would be rather funny and fitting for such an envious character.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom