• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhantomShab

Smash Lord
Sakurai hates the beloved gaming icon Lana from Pokemon, and her exclusion from Smash is a deliberate attempt from Sakurai to rewrite history where he doesn't matter and only FE and third parties do.

/s, but unfortunately I copied this almost verbatim from someone who genuinely believes this over on gamefaqs.
It's amazing how that CuterChihuahua guy consistently and effortlessly makes people at Gamefaqs so damn mad lol.

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
If Smash were a fan-fiction, who would be the leader of the “unchosen?” Geno or Waluigi?
Waluigi is the poster boy for Assist Trophies, which so far the devs are concerned, does mean something.

Geno is just a spirit, soooooo... He is in a worse position imo.
It's amazing how that CuterChihuahua guy consistently and effortlessly makes people at Gamefaqs so damn mad lol.
I once found her on Twitter and she insisted FE characters was Sakurai's pet peeves after being told actual reasonings why they were included.

I'm sure she's a troll.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
I love how Sakurai recently admitted that he doesn't tell us which games he's currently playing because we always interpret it as a clue or hint for an upcoming character.

Sad thing is, it probably won't stop there. "Sakurai said he went shopping for some new clothes!! Style Savvy in Smash?!"
Sakurai wants to keep quiet and be silent about the games he plays in order to make it a surprise, so obviously Quiet from Metal Gear and a Silent Hill Rep are going to be our next DLC fighters.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Is it really that surprising? He thinks that Sonic is a wasted slot that should be given to the girl from Hadji no Mori. He's been doing this since at least the reveal of Ultimate. He's either a very dedicated troll, or even worse-genuine.

D

Deleted member

Delzethin just posted his Third Party discussion for FP2:
Dynasty Warriors only got a brief mention during the Hayabusa segment and it is the most I've ever seen a YouTuber talk about Dynasty Warriors in Smash ever.

Edit: Sari when Quote gets talked about in a video

pointing.png

Last edited by a moderator:

PhantomShab

Smash Lord
Is it really that surprising? He thinks that Sonic is a wasted slot that should be given to the girl from Hadji no Mori. He's been doing this since at least the reveal of Ultimate. He's either a very dedicated troll, or even worse-genuine.
Either way he gets people seething so if he's a troll then it works and he has no reason to stop lol

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Delzethin just posted his Third Party discussion for FP2:
Surprised Crash wasn't in it. I feel he's one of the more likely 3rd parties at this point given the legacy and icon he was in the 90s.

Edit: Nevermind, I see he got an honorable mention.

Last edited:
Surprised Crash wasn't in it. I feel he's one of the more likely 3rd parties at this point given the legacy and icon he was in the 90s.
Well, he did put Crash in his honorable mentions section. I got the impression that some of the older speculation from a year ago might have influenced who Delzethin placed higher, since hayabusa and Steve were in his top picks. I do think he covered the bases pretty well if we include everyone he mentioned, though.

Edit: didn't see your edit. Oops.

Last edited:

7NATOR

Smash Master
i do gotta ask, is there anyway to figure out the sales of Fighter pass 1, or how much profit was allocated to each company for their contribution to the Pass?

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I may say that sakurai secretly hates geno.
Honestly I'm convinced that neither Nintendo or Square cares about Geno considering we've gotten multiple games in which Mario crosses over with Square Enix since SMRPG yet Geno was never included in them. Apparantly Fortune Street on the Wii has the Forest Maze song too but Geno's still nowhere to be seen

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
i do gotta ask, is there anyway to figure out the sales of Fighter pass 1, or how much profit was allocated to each company for their contribution to the Pass?
Nintendo doesn't release figures for DLC as far as I know.

I think the only thing we ever learned about Smash DLC profits was that Smash 4's DLC was the most profitable DLC they made at the time.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Well considering that its competition was Mario Kart and...Mario Kart. That's not surprising.
Honestly Smash beating Mario Kart is huge.

Especially since the Mario Kart 8 DLC was pretty ****ing big.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Honestly I'm convinced that neither Nintendo or Square cares about Geno considering we've gotten multiple games in which Mario crosses over with Square Enix since SMRPG yet Geno was never included in them. Apparantly Fortune Street on the Wii has the Forest Maze song too but Geno's still nowhere to be seen
They do care about SMRPG, however, porting it through VC/SNES Classic, NoA mentioning Geno and Mallow themselves in 2018 on Twitter, Geno was a cameo in Superstar Saga at least (maybe because of popularity but idk, I just remember someone saying that), and they had to have approved his inclusion in Smash as a costume/spirit.

Last edited:

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
While it doesn't benefit Geno in any way, I don't think the fact that Square Enix has properties that would make more sense from a promotional standpoint is necessarily a dealbreaker for the puppet. Both Microsoft and Nintendo would've benefitted far more from including a more mainstream and active series like Halo or Minecraft in Smash, but opted to go for the longtime fan-favourite in Banjo-Kazooie instead.

Sometimes, fulfilling a popular request with the core fanbase is the better move than following conventional wisdom. Sakurai has publicly affiliated with the character before and there's no denying there's a demand for Geno. Square has also been relatively liberal about Geno when it comes to Smash, seeing how they were willing to let Geno be a Mii costume and spirit in the past. Plus, they already have their two key franchises in Smash, so it's not like Square Enix hasn't gotten increased visibility from Smash. The biggest remaining factor at this point is if Nintendo thinks it's worthwhile to pursue Geno as a full pack. Geno's far from guaranteed, but he's in the best position he's ever been in.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
There's a guy attempting to make the biggest fan ballot for Ultimate. He's halfway to his goal and he just posted the midway results. If you haven't voted yet then I recommend you do.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
There's a guy attempting to make the biggest fan ballot for Ultimate. He's halfway to his goal and he just posted the midway results. If you haven't voted yet then I recommend you do.

I refuse to believe that Professor K is somehow in the top 100.

Let alone the top 30.

Last edited:

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
I refused to believe that Professor K is somehow in the top 100.

Let alone the top 30.
SilvaGunner's King for a Day tournament did a lot for good ol' Professor K lol
Wouldn't surprise me if K's votes came from SilvaGunner's fanbase.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
So honest question.

The Pokemon DLC launches on June 17.

Will the ARMS announcement be in the same time frame? That might not be a safe move, marketing wise.

It makes me think that, we will get the ARMS announcement either this next week, or the week after the DLC.

Last edited:

VGPhaze

Smash Apprentice
NNID
philms91
3DS FC
2664-2113-7159
So honest question.

Will the ARMS announcement be in the same time frame? That might not be a safe move, marketing wise.

It makes me think that, we will get the ARMS announcement either this next week, or the week after the DLC.
I bet it’ll be the week after if it isn’t delayed to next month. Would rather be pleasantly surprised than waiting around for an announcement that doesn’t come haha

Shroob

Sup?
So honest question.

Didn't the whole "It'd be a bad idea for marketing" thing get throw out the window only a few months ago with Terry? Wasn't the logic to his release "Being a bad idea" when Pokemon was coming out.

RaintheCriminalWhirlwind

Smash Journeyman
If Smash were a fan-fiction, who would be the leader of the “unchosen?” Geno or Waluigi?
Geno. Now If smash were a fanfiction...I bet we could come up with a plot. I say little mac is the main character. Ultimate underdog protagonist. Pit, his quirky best friend. Lucina, the kind but strong type that may or may not have a crush on underdog protagonist.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Didn't the whole "It'd be a bad idea for marketing" thing get throw out the window only a few months ago with Terry? Wasn't the logic to his release "Being a bad idea" when Pokemon was coming out.
That's not quite right, Terry came out between Luigi's Mansion 3 AND SwoShi, 2 titles Nintendo wanted to see perform well, the Japanese 7/11s never put an ad for Terry as they featured the full games

Shroob

Sup?
That's not quite right, Terry came out between Luigi's Mansion 3 AND SwoShi, 2 titles Nintendo wanted to see perform well, the Japanese 7/11s never put an ad for Terry as they featured the full games
That's what I meant though. I distinctly remember that people were saying how much it'd be "Suicide" for Terry to release soo close to SwoShi, and in the end, he still did and there was no suicide.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I'm pretty sure the concern's the other way around, you know, considering how Swoshi already sold like 14 million in a month
oh yeah that’s right.

uh...

Ignore what I said.

I think we could get Smash news this week, though, with Pokémon’s DLC releasing the next so not different from Terry aside from the reveal being closer and potentially no release just yet.

may just go ahead and spend my saved 30 bucks on Pokémon if it comes first.

Last edited:

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
I got a gut feeling that Spring Man'sthe ARMS character reveal will be this upcoming week.
It must be before the 20th, so that Spring Man releases in Spring.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
The annual shareholders meeting is on June 26th, so next week is a safe bet.

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
The annual shareholders meeting is on June 26th, so next week is a safe bet.
I hope that despite E3 being cancelled, we still get an E3-size Direct which would include two Smash reveals.
My guess is that FP7 is Doom Slayer.
Edit: Though I do think that Doom Slayer is FP7, my actual prediction is that they'll announce bonus fighters outside the Fighter's Pass.
I described that scenario here: https://smashboards.com/threads/we-...aracters-than-you-think.504876/#post-23946292

Last edited:

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
Multiple people have reported Nintendo don't any Directs for the near future
Yea. But Zippo said that this week was big and "not just Thursday", implying that we'd get a Thursday announcement.
I am aware of the rumors of no Nintendo Direct in June, but for once, I pray that the rumors are wrong.

Spongeboob

Smash Ace
A hot dog stand at the end of time and space
Switch FC
SW-5063-7952-1131

I like this guy's ambition. However, a simple, yet complicated problem comes in.
Couldn't one (or several) easily engage/initiate/(the proper term) in voter fraud?

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Yea. But Zippo said that this week was big and "not just Thursday", implying that we'd get a Thursday announcement.
I am aware of the rumors of no Nintendo Direct in June, but for once, I pray that the rumors are wrong.
Zippo? As in, the guy who got banned on the site that bans fake leakers? As in, "I don't know who legally owns FP5 who I totally know who it is, it's confusing"? As in, the guy who's track record doesn't exist? That Zippo?

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
Zippo? As in, the guy who got banned on the site that bans fake leakers? As in, "I don't know who legally owns FP5 who I totally know who it is, it's confusing"? As in, the guy who's track record doesn't exist? That Zippo?
I don't swear by him. I just know he's supposedly a known leaker.
The only Smash Leakers that I trust are Sabi and Vergeben, who have been hibernating.
Point is, leaks aren't always accurate.
And believe me, I FEAR that this one is accurate, but I certainly hope for a June Direct, especially since the ARMS fighter is already confirmed to be revealed this month.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom