• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Okay sure, but it's still not getting in. TPC has different priorities than catering to meme quotas.
No but given the choice between the athlete, the spy, and the drummer, there's a 1 in 3 chance Sakurai would pick the drummer.

EDIT: It would really just depend on which one spoke to him the most assuming we're getting any of the starters.

Last edited:

Calamitas

Smash Champion
I never got why a lot of people use the argument that Sora is Disney therefore he isn't videogames. The dude and his series literally originated in games, and Sora is perfectly valid/doesn't break any rules. There isn't a rule stating that "the company that owns the series, must primarily be a video games company".

If there was such a rule then technically this guy would be eligible for Smash.
View attachment 273659
Because he's owned by Square-Enix.

And I'd be totally OK with that.
Yeah, not gonna lie: I'd absolutely love this.

This would be my dream Smash roster with semi-realistic choices. What do you guys think?
View attachment 273645
I can only echo everybody else's sentiment - this roster is pretty perfect. Good work!
Though Amaterasu is still missing and I personally would place Elma before Rex due to their games' release orders

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Back to Crash and Spyro. Spyro would for sure have better Bangers than Crash. Most of Spyro's OSTs bop.

This is honestly a 10/10 roster. Every character here makes sense and offers a fun moveset. I'm having a hard time thinking of someone I actively want who's not in this roster! Great work!
Could use a Maverick Hunter or two tho....

Seriously tho, zeldasmash zeldasmash cool ****.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Having shown an interest in No More Heroes, I decided to get it used from GameStop. Too bad I still have to get my Wii repaired...Though, I suppose I could play it on the Wii U.

I'm not sure what it is, maybe the fact that Sakurai is friends with Suda51, and not that I think that it's going to be another Kojima situation, but something about Travis just makes me think he might be in the running, big time.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I found Spyro's music to be forgettable background music, though this could be due to Spyro: Reignited Trilogy's generic soundfont.
Look man, if you want to get shot at twice you can just say so.

Having shown an interest in No More Heroes, I decided to get it used from GameStop. Too bad I still have to get my Wii repaired...Though, I suppose I could play it on the Wii U.

I'm not sure what it is, maybe the fact that Sakurai is friends with Suda51, and not that I think that it's going to be another Kojima situation, but something about Travis just makes me think he might be in the running, big time.
At the very least, he's been a semi-popular character in the Smash community for along time, I remember people asking him for Brawl, but that might've been after Sonic anyhow. Still, with another new game and one coming out soon, he isn't exactly bound to be forgotten either. It also helps that Travis is a pretty unique looking character, while not the most important thing, it can those who don't know him see him as a flashy and cool character.

Y'know despite him being a huge jerk in the games.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I found Spyro's tracks to be forgettable background music, though this could be due to Spyro: Reignited Trilogy's generic soundfont.
This is blasphemous because Year of the Dragon's soundtrack is great.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047

Hope you enjoy it! It's very experimental (though I suppose the same thing could be said for a lot of Suda51's games), but I had a lot of fun when I played it.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
This is blasphemous because Year of the Dragon's soundtrack is great.
I didn't play very far in that game (I had enough of the game treating me like I was 5.) so I just picked a few random tracks (Fireworks Factory, Seashell Shore & Crystal Islands, and Mushroom Speedway), and...they're alright. I think the reason they don't appeal to me much is the lack of a clear melody like most other games' OSTs have, and the Reignited Trilogy's remixes definitely make it worse for me by making the songs sound way too similar to each other because of the instrumentation.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I found Spyro's tracks to be forgettable background music, though this could be due to Spyro: Reignited Trilogy's generic soundfont.
I only remember that there's one song which resembles the Amanda Show's theme song. Which isn't a coincidence, since Stewart Copeland did music for both.

Last edited:

Ridrool64

Smash Lord
The irony is that I think Crash's best soundtracks come from Wrath of Cortex, Twinsanity and Tag Team Racing, but there's almost no chance any of them get into Smash. The whole soundtrack to each of these is the bop to end all bops.

The soundtracks of the trilogy and CTR most likely have a few pretty good tunes, but the gold ones are the ones people weren't as receptive to.

With Spyro, four games of bangers followed by... actually I never heard the other games music. But even though I love listening to it in the moment, it's hard for me to say that the songs stick the way Crash's do.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
User warned for the inappropriate content in the original post
Found this on Know your Meme while we are waiting for ARMS in Smash:
-content removed-

Last edited by a moderator:

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
I had a dream last night that I was at a Nintendo live event, and we got THREE fighters announced as well as ARMS 2.
Remember that my dreams are weird. With that in mind, the ARMS newcomer was.... literally just the arms. Like floating springy fists without a body.
But ARMS 2 was announced and the new character was a little black girl. I remember she had a name, but I cannot remember my random dream name. She was literally half as tall as Spring Man and as lanky as Mechanica without her suit.
The second Fighter was Heihachi, but with a new design where he had an afro.
The third was Monster Hunter, and it was a bow fighter with leather armor.

Rate my dream.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I had a dream last night that I was at a Nintendo live event, and we got THREE fighters announced as well as ARMS 2.
Remember that my dreams are weird. With that in mind, the ARMS newcomer was.... literally just the arms. Like floating springy fists without a body.
But ARMS 2 was announced and the new character was a little black girl. I remember she had a name, but I cannot remember my random dream name. She was literally half as tall as Spring Man and as lanky as Mechanica without her suit.

Rate my dream.
10/10 because Heihachi had an afro

PK-remling Fire

Smash Ace

Rate my dream.
10/10 I'd take two floating arms if that meant Monster Hunter gets in

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Found this on Know your Meme while we are waiting for ARMS in Smash:
View attachment 273674
lol I saw that too and my first thought was "...uhh, Springman?"

Man these fanrules we make up are really important to speculation, especially the one that said "Assist trophies can never get upgraded ever, but Spirits are totes okay"

I'm still team Multiple Choice, but I'm leaning Springo as main with Ribbons, Min, and Ninjara as alts. But oh man can you imagine the salt if it ends up being option 4 above...

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
I'm still contractually obligated to eat a grilled cheese if Spring Man is not FP6.

Last edited:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Back to Crash and Spyro. Spyro would for sure have better Bangers than Crash. Most of Spyro's OSTs bop.
Spyro's OSTs are amazing, but Crash's probably fit better in Smash since a lot of Spyro's songs go down in tempo and mellow out during the middle section, which fits the more open and explorative gameplay of the series, but doesn't really gel that well with a fighting game. Crash's songs on the other hand tend to be much simpler in structure and more energetic, which is perfect for a game like Smash.

Talking purely about the original trilogies here btw, I don't have the slightest clue about what came after those.

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334

Rate my dream.
Maybe your dream is telling you that the ARMS character is a lie.

Also I think I have a picture of Heihachi's new design with an afro. It looks like this.

Clownhachi.png

SKX31

Smash Master
Spyro's OSTs are amazing, but Crash's probably fit better in Smash since a lot of Spyro's songs go down in tempo and mellow out during the middle section, which fits the more open and explorative gameplay of the series, but doesn't really gel that well with a fighting game. Crash's songs on the other hand tend to be much simpler in structure and more energetic, which is perfect for a game like Smash.

Talking purely about the original trilogies here btw, I don't have the slightest clue about what came after those.
Then again, slow paced music appears quite frequently in Smash as is. Not just the legendary Environmental Noises - most Mother / Earthbound tracks, Pikmin tracks, AC themes* and half of the DQ music is slow-paced. The Spyro themes should be fine (perhaps with the occassional remix).

*And Animal Crossing music is some of the most heard in the competitive scene, because both Smashville and Town and City are tourney-legal. It's gone to the point where a competitive Smasher straight up paused the set he was on to buy the House Preview track in the in game shop because it was his track. No joke, here it is:

(Video's timestamped to the moment I talked about, I promise. The clickbait thumbnail happened at 5:25.)

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
If we're talking about massive hypothetical rosters, I have to present this classic:
biggie.jpg

It's crazy to think Smash Ultimate will only have 10 less characters than this image when all's said and done with FP2.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
If we're talking about massive hypothetical rosters, I have to present this classic:
View attachment 273713
It's crazy to think Smash Ultimate will only have 10 less characters than this image when all's said and done with FP2.
the more i look at this picture the more my brain dissolves

2002 must have been a chaotic time for people to want ****ing dampe

SKX31

Smash Master

*Smiles in a nostalgic fashion.*

It's like a Dadaist painter's masterful version of a Picasso painting, but in a fake character select screen form.

the more i look at this picture the more my brain dissolves

2002 must have been a chaotic time for people to want ****ing dampe
Oh yes it was. It was around this time that the infamous Sonic / Tails (EGM April 2002) and Toad rumors were floating around for instance. It was practically the Wild West - open for every kind of character.

Last edited:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
View attachment 273713
Looking at this now, it seems to have predicted 8 player Smash along with a few characters.

Also doesn't have Ridley on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom