• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I doubt they'd make an Urshifu that can switch between forms at will, but if they're adamant about adding Urshifu, I could see them taking some liberties for the sake of making it feel more unique.

I agree though. It makes very little sense, and I don't see how they could stay true to the games while incorporating both forms. The best answer I can come up with is having it mysteriously unevolve after each stock is taken, but even that idea feels really weird and out of place.

Pokemon Trainer got in Smash because Sakurai had a unique concept for representing the human protagonists, not because he wanted to promote a couple of remakes. If that was his goal, he could've just added Charizard or any other random Gen 1 Pokemon and called it a day.

As for the other three Pokemon, Greninja is really the only one who could qualify as promotional, unless you're claiming that two years after SuMo was released was an ideal time to promote the games via Incineroar. Lucario came about a year and a half later after DP.

New Pokemon might be prioritized over older ones, but it's not always because they're just looking for a Pokemon that will promote their latest games. It's not a coincidence that Sakurai always seems to choose the Pokemon who GF promote more than others.
Yes, we got all 3 starters, but the claim that they weren't promotional would mean we got starters from more than just the fancy new remake we should all check out.

Incineroar's slot was added in Smash back in 2015 as a reservation for the gen 7 mon. Incineroar was absolutely promotional in that aspect, especially as Game Freak gave us a sequel game to SM that made it last longer unlike XY. Not that I'm saying USUM was made to keep Incineroar relevant for Smash, but that would still be the last main series Pokemon game people released before Ultimate. They prioritize new ones to PROMOTE THE DAMN GAMES. What's so hard to get about this? Not only are you pulling an argument that applies to literally every gen 8 mon, but you're pretending we've gotten any Pokemon Newcomers that weren't relevant despite us not having a single Pokemon added in Smash that didn't have relevancy on their side aside from arguably Mewtwo despite how it's happened literally every time. This just reads like you don't want to sound like a hypocrite for constantly going "Add a gen 8 rep!" after realizing that you wouldn't like every potential option or only want your favourite and don't want to admit being behind a false unity narrative like the Assist Alliance and First Party General Support threads

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
I don't think Zelda/Sheik are comparable... Sheik is just Zelda with some magic alterations. Urshifu is not a Pokémon like Deoxys or Shaymin in that their different forms are just a change of shape that they could perform at any time, so long they have the right object to perform it.

Urshifu's different forms are more akin to a Pokémon having different evolutions like Eevee and Tyrogue.

Only realistic way I see them implementing a mode change was if they came with a Trainer that possessed and swapped between the two forms like out Pokémon Trainer does.
Well, looking at it mechanically it's literally the same thing: Press Down Special to get the next character. That's what we meant by switch-out mechanic.

They could try and add puppet fighteresque mechanics either instead of or in addition to this. For example, the Rapid Strike Urshifu could start a rapid jab, and then the Single Strike Urshifu could end it...I suppose that's more like Olimar but I think you get the idea.

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
Same mechanic, different aesthetics. Pokemon Trainer is just literally Zelda/Sheik's transformation mechanic with slight alterations; less lag/hurtboxes, cycles among 3 in a particular order instead of 2. The other mechanic unique to PT(besides having 3 instead of 2) is Type weaknesses in particular.

So like I said, akin to Zelda/Sheik, which is switching out to another character(but only two total characters). Doesn't need another Trainer for even that, since the two can tag-team by tagging one in from the background. In addition to that, they don't even need to do more than name it Urshifu to get the point down. You switch out with the other forme via a Tag Team specifically.

I guess I didn't explain it too well. We have yet to have a Switch Out character(using 2 only) that isn't a pure transformation, so I can see where the confusion is. But that'd also make it the first one that does it somewhat differently.
Well, looking at it mechanically it's literally the same thing: Press Down Special to get the next character. That's what we meant by switch-out mechanic.

They could try and add puppet fighteresque mechanics either instead of or in addition to this. For example, the Rapid Strike Urshifu could start a rapid jab, and then the Single Strike Urshifu could end it...I suppose that's more like Olimar but I think you get the idea.
Hmmmm, I actually can see that working. Though I doubt we would get another 2-in-1 in this DLC, that definitely could work and be interesting.

Plus it's a more realistic expectation that certain others.

-Cough- Those that really thought Byleth would get in by being in the background and swapping between the House Leaders when that makes no sense -Cough-

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
This just reads like you don't want to sound like a hypocrite for constantly going "Add a gen 8 rep!" after realizing that you wouldn't like every potential option or only want your favourite
You say that like Cosmic wouldn't eat up whatever has the Poke Ball symbol.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Hmmmm, I actually can see that working. Though I doubt we would get another 2-in-1 in this DLC, that definitely could work and be interesting.

Plus it's a more realistic expectation that certain others.

-Cough- Those that really thought Byleth would get in by being in the background and swapping between the House Leaders when that makes no sense -Cough-
Yeah, that was an odd idea with Byleth. ._.;

That's something I'd expect if they were to give us Urshifu. The other possibility is Cubfu(did I remember that name right?) evolving to one during the match, and can evolve again after being KO'd. Which sounds far weirder and stretching how Pokemon works(outside of one Manga where Eevee can de-evolve to show off all its forms. And if they're going to pull that out, Eevee is the only one where it would be a good idea. Otherwise, stick to Digimon where it's a far more natural mechanic).

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Yes, we got all 3 starters, but the claim that they weren't promotional would mean we got starters from more than just the fancy new remake we should all check out.

Incineroar's slot was added in Smash back in 2015 as a reservation for the gen 7 mon. Incineroar was absolutely promotional in that aspect, especially as Game Freak gave us a sequel game to SM that made it last longer unlike XY. Not that I'm saying USUM was made to keep Incineroar relevant for Smash, but that would still be the last main series Pokemon game people released before Ultimate. They prioritize new ones to PROMOTE THE DAMN GAMES. What's so hard to get about this? Not only are you pulling an argument that applies to literally every gen 8 mon, but you're pretending we've gotten any Pokemon Newcomers that weren't relevant despite us not having a single Pokemon added in Smash that didn't have relevancy on their side aside from arguably Mewtwo despite how it's happened literally every time. This just reads like you don't want to sound like a hypocrite for constantly going "Add a gen 8 rep!" after realizing that you wouldn't like every potential option or only want your favourite and don't want to admit being behind a false unity narrative like the Assist Alliance and First Party General Support threads
You're getting really worked up over something that's not really all that controversial.

There's a difference between Greninja and Diance. There's also a difference between Incineroar and Marshadow. Some Pokemon are promoted for a short time before they're dropped and Game Freak moves on. Others continue to get pushed, as GF sees potential in these Pokemon to serve as another icon for the franchise. Sakurai himself has acknowledged how he refers to TPC for input on which of their animals will remain relevant.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Don't mind me, I'm slowly catching up.

I can understand the frustration with every Fire Emblem character in Smash using a sword. Really, I get it.

The thing is, Smash is a mascot crossover. The protagonist of each Fire Emblem game would very likely be the pick, as that is how things have always been. They could have chosen a non-sword user from many games, but that's strictly a pick from a gameplay angle. That's not typically how picks are made.

Robin was picked because he was a main character of his game AND had unique gameplay opportunities.

Anyway, as said before, the problem with the "too many swordfighters" in a mascot crossover isn't really the picks themselves; it's the fact that many character predominantly using a weapon use swords. Very few mascots use a weapon other than a sword.

If you want a Fire Emblem character in Smash that doesn't just use a Sword, then maybe push for Intelligent Systems to change up the look of their protagonists.
I mean, game protagonists as a whole are mostly 1 of 4 things. Punch/Kick Man, Sword Man, Gun Man, Magic Man. Or any combination of these things like Dante, Hayabusa or Mega Man.EXE. It's already hard to just up and create a protagonist that's iconic, let alone one with a weapon or gimmick that's appealing and unique. I think the Belmonts are probably the best example of decently staying from this.

That said, I do think there's plenty of Gun Man characters we could add. Namely FPS characters like Doom Slayer and Master Chief, but I don't know if they'd be considered.

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Banjo was "predictable" in the sense that almost everyone wanted him.

Crash or Geno could get in and people would likely claim they were predictable as well, even though there's a lot of debate on whether or not either would be chosen.
I would personally say that Crash is a little less "predictable" and more so a major case of "YEAH THAT MAKES SENSE!" Even if some people are outright predicting him, I don't think many would put him as a lock. But I've seen most people kind of get behind the idea, even if they aren't huge Crash fans. Hell, I'm more of a Spyro guy, but I still see the appeal of Crash, and I think he'd have a larger worldwide appeal, not that Spyro wouldn't too, just less so than Crash would.

If he doesn't show up, cool. But if he DOES, it'd feel "right". I think. Dude's pretty iconic.

In all seriousness, if Nintendo hadn't revealed to us in advance which series the next character would be from, people probably would've told you to move on from ARMS because it definitely wasn't happening.

I guess that's one good thing about this weird reveal. The people who wanted an ARMS character can speculate and be taken seriously, even if others don't really have a choice.
Definitely, unless we told at least one AT could be upgraded, and even then, most discussion would center on Waluigi, Isaac, Ashley and Shadow. With a few Knuckles, Zero and Bomberman bros.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
It does make a tiny bit of sense since he's their tactician, but it was by no means a plausible outcome since that's three movesets. Personally, I thought they were going to allow him to call upon them like assists in some form, with the caveat that if the character gets beat up, Byleth will lose access to them as an assist for the rest of his stock.

I mean, game protagonists as a whole are mostly 1 of 4 things. Punch/Kick Man, Sword Man, Gun Man, Magic Man.
1591220975580.png
1591220918181.png

We only need two more to complete the set!

EDIT:
Spyro guy, but I still see the appeal of Crash...
Personally, I hate Spyro's games, but like Spyro himself quite a lot. I like Crash's games quite a bit better, but I don't really care for Crash as a character.

Last edited:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Personally, I hate Spyro's games, but like Spyro himself quite a lot. I like Crash's games quite a bit better, but I don't really care for Crash as a character.
I'm the same minus the part about hating Spyro's games.

I like Crash's games, but I can't stand him as a character. If given a choice, I'd take Spyro over Crash, but I know that's very unlikely to happen.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
This would be my dream Smash roster with semi-realistic choices. What do you guys think?
View attachment 273645
At first, I was confused about why you had Sephiroth as a Cloud echo, before I realized that you had them sorted by series. I guess I'm too used to Ultimate's roster being organized by when they first appeared in Smash. (which still seems like a weird way of doing it)

Looks like a solid line-up, and there doesn't seem to be any obvious picks that are missing. It's kind of crazy that this would have looked like an impossibly large number of characters back in the Brawl days, but now it actually seems plausible.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Hey, at least we're breaking the mold a little bit with ARMS.
Yeah, ARMS is the first Nintendo Newcomer DLC I'm super excited for. Plant was fun in a goofy joke character way though.

Well, I'll just say the same thing people said when others were complaining about Byleth.

You shouldn't have prepurchased the pass if there were certain characters you knew you weren't committed to buying.
I waited until Terry came out to get DLC Pass 1. Cause the first 3 seemed pretty cool, but Terry was GOATED and one of my most used characters. Whoever else was next was just there for the sake of saving 5 bucks. So that's more or less how I see Byleth, as a non FE fan. Hell, Smash 4 DLC didn't have any such bundle. And I sure as hell wasn't spending my money on Lucas or Roy, characters I know I don't play much.

As much as the lack of news is disappointing to me, despite me being someone who does like ARMS. I can only suggest for someone to wait until the DLC seems worthwhile. Since we got 1 extra character this time, I'm excited to see what BS they get away with. Cause if it's more platformer or fighting game characters I'm down.

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
It does make a tiny bit of sense since he's their tactician, but it was by no means a plausible outcome since that's three movesets.
imo it had to do with both resources and the insistence of doing characters close to canon.

Why would Byleth stay in the background doing nothing when they are a capable mercenary with plenty of abilities? And more importanyly, why would resources go into making so many characters for just one DLC pack?
At first, I was confused about why you had Sephiroth as a Cloud echo, before I realized that you had them sorted by series. I guess I'm too used to Ultimate's roster being organized by when they first appeared in Smash. (which still seems like a weird way of doing it)

Looks like a solid line-up, and there doesn't seem to be any obvious picks that are missing. It's kind of crazy that this would have looked like an impossibly large number of characters back in the Brawl days, but now it actually seems plausible.
I frankly wish it was organized that way in Ultimate. Palutena is my main, so I can pick her out of muscle memory, but there are times where I want to mess with others in the roster and becomes more difficult to traverse.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
The "everyone is pleased" roster. I like it!
Unless you wanted a Pokemon newcomer that isn't the grass starter quota people refuse to move on from even when the new grass starter wouldn't work as a fighter.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Why would Byleth stay in the background doing nothing when they are a capable mercenary with plenty of abilities?
Yeah that makes sense. There's literally 1 tactician character that isn't also a unit so it would be pretty odd.

Unless you wanted a Pokemon newcomer that isn't the grass starter quota people refuse to move on from even when the new grass starter wouldn't work as a fighter.
Rillaboom would work just fine, though he may work more like a Rivals of Aether character than your typical Super Smash Bros. character.

SKX31

Smash Master
This would be my dream Smash roster with semi-realistic choices. What do you guys think?
That's 126 characters all in all? Overall, I really like it. Could certainly see something like that happen in the hypotheoretical scenario where Ultimate is turned into a live-service game.

As much as the lack of news is disappointing to me, despite me being someone who does like ARMS. I can only suggest for someone to wait until the DLC seems worthwhile.
I do wonder if the ARMS wait is partly to time the character reveal with something ARMS 2 related. Not in the sense of "the ARMS 2 character is the newcomer" but rather "The ARMS 1 character picked will have a major / starring role in ARMS 2". Seems given, but could be worth noting if ARMS 2 is real (especially if it's revealed before FP6).

I have nothing to go along with this other than the free-to-play period (which doesn't hint at much) - effectively, I'm taking a shot in the dark with this little hypothesis.

Last edited:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Rillaboom could work if they tried, but I don't think anyone can deny that the other two would be easier. I also don't see much supporting evidence that favors Rillaboom, as Grookey hasn't even appeared in the anime yet and official polls indicate that it's significantly less popular than the other two (which isn't evidence by itself, but if Game Freak predicted this, then that would explain why it's not being pushed as hard).

Of course, keep in mind that this is all coming from someone who wants Rillaboom the least out of the three starters.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
it confuses me how people think KH cant be reped without disney while ignoring the massive amount of Original content the game has
Probably because of what Sora's/KH's major appeal is to people who aren't already fans. We know he can fight on his own and has a ****load of moves and music tracks. I don't even particularly want the character in, but I get the appeal. Worst case scenario is you change his Mickey Mouse Keychain to something else.

Granted, I don't know what percentage of the franchise and character is outright owned by Disney, but he still applies by being a video game character both in origin and having his own world and ****.

I don't tend to go with "fan rules are dumb" because it's not worth discussing them to me imo and think a bunch are too flexible to be "broken" while others are simply patterns we see that we speculate over to form an idea of what we could maybe expect.

But the whole "no third party will have more than one DLC character" is just... Something I don't get, and it limits possibilities.

Capcom alone has a good deal of legendary and active series both they and Nintendo can get plenty of benefit from, so does every other third party involved.

Man, this reminds me of how I 5 years ago was amongst the "Bayo and Banjo won't ever be in!" crowd.
Well, it probably has to do with a supposed "fairness" Like if FP1 had Master Chief, Fulgore, Joanna Dark and Rash alongside Banjo-Kazooie people would be salty as hell, despite each of them arguably being fantastic choices.

On the other hand. **** it. Give me like 6 Capcom characters and 5 Sega ones. DMC, SoR, MMX are all sick.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860

I can understand why they did it since with the Ultimate set-up you don't have to worry about shifting the roster set-up around if you have any late clones you weren't planning for like Smash 4 Lucina or later DLC characters that belong to pre-existing franchises. That said there are times where I wish they kept the old set-up because it'll always be odd to me to have to jump across the roster for Dark Samus after playing Ridley.

So you're saying there are literally only 2 possible picks from generation 8 and they're the two most boring ones.

Sad days...
While I would prefer other options, I honestly wouldn't mind Inteleon if they just made it Chameleon James Bond. We don't have a Sniper/Spy themed character in the game yet and as someone who grew up with Goldeneye I can see a number of different things you could do with the different gadgets and tools that spies would have access to, so I could see it being fun to at least play if they went full in on that concept.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Yeah, as a Poke Ball Pokemon, not a fighter.
:rolleyes:

It would work just fine as a fighter as well and would probably be the most interesting of the three starters. It'd likely carry his drum around under one of its arms, and smack it with a drumstick to create a sound or root based attack. Or more interestingly, he could set it down as a sort of stage control tool. Any if its attacks made near it would be amplified in power. The drum is what gives it moveset potential, not what keeps it from working as a fighter.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Given all the talk of an N64 Spirit, I tried to put together a spirit battle for every major Nintendo system and handheld released ala Diskin:
NES: :ultduckhunt:, :ultmegaman:, :ulticeclimbers:, :ultrob: on Duck Hunt
SNES: :ultfox:, :ultyoshi:, :ultfalcon:, :ultness: on Mute City
Game Boy: :ultkirby:, :ultkingdedede:, :ultpikachu:, :ultwario: on Dream Land GB
Nintendo 64: :ultbanjokazooie:, :ultyounglink:, :ultwolf:, :ultvillager: on Peach's Castle 64
Game Boy Advanced: :ultroy:, :ultzss:, :ultlucas:, :ulttoonlink: on Warioware
Gamecube: :ultolimar:, :ultbowserjr:, :ultike:, :ultdarksamus: on Isle Delfino
DS: :ultlucario:, :ultpeach: (Super Princess Peach), :ultpichu: (Pokemon HeartGold/SoulSilver), :ultmarth: (Fire Emblem Remakes) on Pictochat (Easily the hardest one to fill out. Funny how Nintendo's most successful piece of hardware has a single playable character.)
Wii: :ultshulk:, :ultwiifittrainer:, :ultbrawler:, :ultrosalina: on Town and City
3DS: :ultchrom:, :ultisabelle:, :ultgreninja:, :ultdarkpit: on 3D Land
Wii U: :ultinkling:, :ultbayonetta:, :ultalph:, :ultmario: (Builder Costume) on Mario Maker (Strange how this was easier than filling out DS.)
Switch: :ultlink:, :ulthero:, :ultbyleth:, :ultmario: (Wedding Costume) on Great Plateau
I would YEET the Ice Climbers out of the NES and include our boy Simon Belmont instead. CV's pretty important. And it seems like you want to limit it to 4 characters.

This does make me realize that the DS era of characters and series are surprisingly un-represented. Gamecube thuggery is real and I'm about it.

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
Granted, I don't know what percentage of the franchise and character is outright owned by Disney, but he still applies by being a video game character both in origin and having his own world and ****.
Disney has full ownership of KH and all its original elements and characters.

The only thing Square-Enix owns aside from publishing and development rights, is the designs of their own characters appearing there, but from a legal perspective, Disney is allowed to do as they please with Sora and co. without SE having a right to intervene, such as when they had a Keyblade appear in Disney Infinity.

It's pretty much like how Bayonetta is developed by Platinum but Sega has full ownership of the series.

Now of course, to keep their business relationship in good terms, Disney and SE still would consult each other on the use of KH characters, but that's more of a thing to not break deals and such.

Droodle

Smash Lord
I never got why a lot of people use the argument that Sora is Disney therefore he isn't videogames. The dude and his series literally originated in games, and Sora is perfectly valid/doesn't break any rules. There isn't a rule stating that "the company that owns the series must primarily be a video games company".

If there was such a rule then technically this guy would be eligible for Smash.
fma.jpg

Because he's owned by Square-Enix.

And I'd be totally OK with that.

Last edited:

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
I would YEET the Ice Climbers out of the NES and include our boy Simon Belmont instead. CV's pretty important. And it seems like you want to limit it to 4 characters.

This does make me realize that the DS era of characters and series are surprisingly un-represented. Gamecube thuggery is real and I'm about it.
I considered Simon, but he's in the Diskin event already for being Famicom Disk System in Japan. I wanted characters who started on cartridge Famicom releases in Japan.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Actually, there's a reason why Rillaboom should be considered the frontrunner for a Gen 8 rep.

he win

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
View attachment 273650View attachment 273649
We only need two more to complete the set!

EDIT:

You hate to hear it.

Gotta do it man.jpg

But you had it coming.
That's 126 characters all in all? Overall, I really like it. Could certainly see something like that happen in the hypotheoretical scenario where Ultimate is turned into a live-service game.

I do wonder if the ARMS wait is partly to time the character reveal with something ARMS 2 related. Not in the sense of "the ARMS 2 character is the newcomer" but rather "The ARMS 1 character picked will have a major / starring role in ARMS 2". Seems given, but could be worth noting if ARMS 2 is real (especially if it's revealed before FP6).

I have nothing to go along with this other than the free-to-play period (which doesn't hint at much) - effectively, I'm taking a shot in the dark with this little hypothesis.
So sorta like Splatoon's Splatfests choosing the themes of the games after it? I dunno, maybe. I just figured the COVID situation messed the animation company, and they didn't want to play their hand immediately, but wanted to have some info.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
:rolleyes:

It would work just fine as a fighter as well and would probably be the most interesting of the three starters. It'd likely carry his drum around under one of its arms, and smack it with a drumstick to create a sound or root based attack. Or more interestingly, he could set it down as a sort of stage control tool. Any if its attacks made near it would be amplified in power. The drum is what gives it moveset potential, not what keeps it from working as a fighter.
Okay sure, but it's still not getting in. TPC has different priorities than catering to meme quotas.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Disney has full ownership of KH and all its original elements and characters.

The only thing Square-Enix owns aside from publishing and development rights, is the designs of their own characters appearing there, but from a legal perspective, Disney is allowed to do as they please with Sora and co. without SE having a right to intervene, such as when they had a Keyblade appear in Disney Infinity.

It's pretty much like how Bayonetta is developed by Platinum but Sega has full ownership of the series.

Now of course, to keep their business relationship in good terms, Disney and SE still would consult each other on the use of KH characters, but that's more of a thing to not break deals and such.
Ah, I see. Still, I don't know if that'd count the character out. Sora, for all intents and purposes is a Videogame character in origin and he has his own world to pull from. It's not like Spider-Man no longer can be associated as a Comic book character due to Marvel now being a subsidiary to Disney.

I think then the question goes back to what people normally ask, would Disney play ball? And if they do, do they care if they might not have their original characters in the game? I want to say it'd be fine, but I'm not a fortune teller.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom