• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

slrigeigdew

Smash Journeyman
Thwomp over Flies & Hand? Trash.
I know right? Can't believe they went for the troll character over the fan favorite yet again. I'm still holding out for Fighter Pass 3. #Flies&Hand4Smash

I wonder how that would work. Would the stage expand that way when it happened? Would it cause the stage to start scrolling in that direction? Would you be able to lose a stock off the sides?
Buddy, I wish I could tell you. I'm an ideas guy, not a game designer. If I had to hazard a guess: a short animation would play when a fighter gets sent through a wall, meanwhile the stage in the background morphs (perhaps literally) and both the fighters' positions are reset to neutral. The stage movement and the animation would play out at the same time. In other words, basically how it already works in Strive:

How this works with multiple players or how you would take stocks is beyond me tho. This is just the best I could come up with...

Last edited:

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
About Doom slayer, Bethesda pretty much openly said that they wanted him in but discussion with Nintendo lead nowhere. https://www.nintendoenthusiast.com/...r-wants-doom-slayer-in-smash-nintendo-doesnt/

This interview date from January 2020, so way after fighter pass 2 was chose. I could still se Doom slayer as a Mii costume becasue I think (although we don't really know officially, I'm just speculating), that Mii costume are decided later into development.
NDA. Banjo and Terry were also denied.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407

Did the Hero trailer always have their voices?
Why do I remember them being silent in their reveal
huh, interesting... maybe they uploaded an updated version? i too remember the heroes not talking

why add JUST the voices tho
Nah, they always had the voices. I talked about Arusu sounding like Gohan during the summer.

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
I legit dont remember the Hero voice being this loud and noticeable in their reveal wtf

This is some Berenstein Bear ****

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
I wish Kirkhope never said anything so that Smash fans didn't think every no was secretly a yes.
Never said it was a secret confirmation. I just said that a denial is not definitive given that NDAs exist.
Imagine this scenario:
"Is Rayman in Smash?"
"No comment."
"Interesting."

♕Pretty Roger♕

God Roger
NNID
RogelioWii
3DS FC
0602-6365-8680
Switch FC
SW-2762-7992-4597
When companies are in NDAs they usually derail the question or are ambiguos about it, but they don't say "It's not us, it's the other company's fault" and potentially provoke some fans to harass said company, it makes no sense as a fake answer in any way. Why would you falsely blame your business partner?

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
I don't see anything from Fighter Pass 1 speculation affecting FP2. They would've decided on more fighters after the sales of FP1 were strong so indvidual response to specific characters wouldn't have been a factor. Banjo's reception means just as little as Byleth's.

This is also why Fire Emblem character 9 still has a chance.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I don't see anything from Fighter Pass 1 speculation affecting FP2. They would've decided on more fighters after the sales of FP1 were strong so indvidual response to specific characters wouldn't have been a factor. Banjo's reception means just as little as Byleth's.

This is also why Fire Emblem character 9 still has a chance.
We have enough Fire Emblem characters as is we don't need anymore for Ultimate. A series that does need more characters is Xenoblade which only has one rep at the moment wtf.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
You know what anime swordsman we really need in Smash? Sasuke Uchiha. :4pacman:

I won't lie while I am joking he would be a cool character in Smash though with all of his justu techniques, kekkei genkai, and Sharingan powers.

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
We have enough Fire Emblem characters as is we don't need anymore for Ultimate. A series that does need more characters is Xenoblade which only has one rep at the moment wtf.
He isn't saying he wants more FE.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Never said it was a secret confirmation. I just said that a denial is not definitive given that NDAs exist.
Imagine this scenario:
"Is Rayman in Smash?"
"No comment."
"Interesting."
In what planet would you interpret "No comment" as a denial? That's also clearly not what happened with Doomguy.

Trevenant

Smash Lord
NDA. Banjo and Terry were also denied.
Not at all the case when you factor in how NDA's of this sort work where they try to derail discussion or be ambiguous and how Kirkhope could have just said he won't be DLC but just said that he wouldn't hold his breath which also left some wiggle room. Terry was never really deconfirmed with a flat out no either as he said something along the lines of 'yes please do it Sakurai-san'. Flat out nos or going into the life story of it should be considered confirmations as they have never actually became DLC or fighters in general when stuff like that happens.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Not at all the case when you factor in how NDA's of this sort work where they try to derail discussion or be ambiguous and how Kirkhope could have just said he won't be DLC but just said that he wouldn't hold his breath which also left some wiggle room. Terry was never really deconfirmed with a flat out no either as he said something along the lines of 'yes please do it Sakurai-san'. Flat out nos or going into the life story of it should be considered confirmations as they have never actually became DLC or fighters in general when stuff like that happens.
Matt Mercer said he hadn't been contacted for Smash shortly before Robin's trailer with freshly recorded Chrom lines, meaning he effectively lied

Trevenant

Smash Lord
Matt Mercer said he hadn't been contacted for Smash shortly before Robin's trailer with freshly recorded Chrom lines, meaning he effectively lied
I wasn't aware, thanks for pointing that out. In that case going in depth is probably the only real killer for a deconfirmation. Deconfirmations do usually still most of the time mean the character is out.

Lionfranky

Smash Lord
Imagine this scenario:
"Is Rayman in Smash?"
"No comment."
"Interesting."
Doom developers said way more than that. Way too specific.
For every ambigous statement, there has always been hard denial actually hitting the mark.
Frank O'Conor on Chief (I used to say he was lying, but he wasn't) and Kojima on Snake during Smash 4

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
If by “shortly before Robin’s trailer” you mean “an entire year before Robin’s trailer” then sure.

Seriously though, it’s reasonable to believe he was contacted during the 1 year gap between his interview and the trailer reveal.

Last edited:

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
Doom developers said way more than that. Way too specific.
For every ambigous statement, there has always been hard denial actually hitting the mark.
Frank O'Conor on Chief (I used to say he was lying, but he wasn't) and Kojima on Snake during Smash 4
The problem with outright denials is the existence of this thing called lying.

Trevenant

Smash Lord
The problem with outright denials is the existence of this thing called lying.
But how often can you say that a developer, who wrote a biography on why they weren't approached and whatnot, then gets a character in smash? To my knowledge that has never happened unless I'm again, missing something.

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
The thing that concerns me about Fire Emblem's reception by the smash community (purely generalising, of course) is that no-one has a problem with Dark Samus literally having no moves from her source material and purely having different animations, due to their limited development (which I understand :3) but having Fire Emblem characters at all, regardless of their originality, is an unspeakable crime. I understand that it can be annoying to have similar characters, but I personally haven't seen anyone comment on Dark Samus having suffered for being an echo. Furthermore, I think it's a shame that the ultimate crossover originally intended for Nintendo fans gets so much hate when Nintendo characters are added. Yes, this is a rant, for which I apologise, but wasn't it amazing when we were all excited for Ridley, regardless of whether or not we were fans of the character, his series, or even the memes? I... kinda miss that, because when DLC started rolling around, loads more people seemed openly disappointed, even angry, with some of the picks... I feel like it kinda hurts. Is this just me?

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
no-one has a problem with Dark Samus literally having no moves from her source material
type up "dark samus" in the search bar, throw my name in the list, and i will guarantee you 80% of those is me having a problem :nifty:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
The thing that concerns me about Fire Emblem's reception by the smash community (purely generalising, of course) is that no-one has a problem with Dark Samus literally having no moves from her source material and purely having different animations, due to their limited development (which I understand :3) but having Fire Emblem characters at all, regardless of their originality, is an unspeakable crime. I understand that it can be annoying to have similar characters, but I personally haven't seen anyone comment on Dark Samus having suffered for being an echo. Furthermore, I think it's a shame that the ultimate crossover originally intended for Nintendo fans gets so much hate when Nintendo characters are added. Yes, this is a rant, for which I apologise, but wasn't it amazing when we were all excited for Ridley, regardless of whether or not we were fans of the character, his series, or even the memes? I... kinda miss that, because when DLC started rolling around, loads more people seemed openly disappointed, even angry, with some of the picks... I feel like it kinda hurts. Is this just me?
The reason people don't complain about Dark Samus being a Echo is because she was a popular requested character from a underrepresented series. She was also seen as very unlikely due to Prime 3 most likely being her last Metroid game. Fans are more than happy enough she made it in at all as a Echo.

Last edited:

Trevenant

Smash Lord
Somehow that post was entered 3 times I dunno why. And I wouldn't really say I hurt when Nintendo adds a character who gets hated or anything but I definitely would prefer if there was no hate at all as hate isn't only exclusive to Nintendo characters.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
people be saying dark samus didn't have any other choice and then go ape**** when someone tells them dixie kong is in the same boat :239:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom