• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
I've noticed that :ultjoker: was the only character in the entire game not to be leaked in any way. Persona is owned by Sega, so this indicates Sega is good at keeping secrets. What if the reason nobody can figure out F5 is because they're another Sega character, who's also a pretty big secret?

Lionfranky

Smash Lord
Interesting that we've been getting "soft" deconfirms lately instead of just outright "it's definately not X."

Unpopular opinion, but... nah. Out of the three M-rated characters already in Smash, Snake and Bayonatta are campy as hell, and Joker is peak anime tropes. I've tried looking some, but I haven't really seem much from Master Chief supporters about what his *personality* would bring to the table in terms of fun factor. I'd honestly bet on Minecraft first.
He has tons of arsenal to boot. Melee weapons can be covered with Energy Sword, Gravity Hammer and military knife. There are Spartan Abilities, Assassination animation and equipment on top of that. They can also pull moveset from Nicole of DOA 4. I can't think of any other FPS characters that have more move potential than him.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I've noticed that :ultjoker: was the only character in the entire game not to be leaked in any way. Persona is owned by Sega, so this indicates Sega is good at keeping secrets. What if the reason nobody can figure out F5 is because they're another Sega character, who's also a pretty big secret?
Why do I hear boss music?

PrettyIvyPearls22

Smash Ace
Not only is Sabi still stepping around the issue of Capcom, but I heard someone else say that Sabi posted a message in their server (that they later deleted) saying they're not counting out Phoenix specifically.

Not only that, but a Twitter account strongly suspected to be a Sabi alt said they're personally "guessing" that Phoenix is FP5.

View attachment 250442
You know what screw it, I'm going back on supporting Ace Attorney while continuing my playthrough of the series! I think I'm close to finish with the first game. I forget how suspenseful this series can get sometimes!

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
Oh and speaking of Phoenix and Monokuma, let me take the opportunity to tell you all to vote for Law and Disorder on SilvaGunner's King For Another Day tournament. They are objectively the best team still running (besides Wario Partners that is).

Last edited:

Hexodus

Smash Cadet
He has tons of arsenal to boot. Melee weapons can be covered with Energy Sword, Gravity Hammer and military knife. There are Spartan Abilities, Assassination animation and equipment on top of that. They can also pull moveset from Nicole of DOA 4. I can't think of any other FPS characters that have more move potential than him.
...I asked about personality. That's a pretty big factor for casual party-game fun factor, and at the end of the day Smash is just as much a party game as it is a fighting game. Especially since a more realistic-looking character isn't going to have a weird quirky appearance to compensate in terms of visual interest.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
7fb.gif
7fb.gif

Last edited:

yeet123

Banned via Warnings
...I asked about personality. That's a pretty big factor for casual party-game fun factor, and at the end of the day Smash is just as much a party game as it is a fighting game. Especially since a more realistic-looking character isn't going to have a weird quirky appearance to compensate in terms of visual interest.
You act like Samus, Dark Samus, and MetaKnight have personality

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
So, any new characters get deconfirmed?

This part of the Interrogation Song from Muppets Most Wanted really fits the status of Smash Speculation right now:
That song is such a legend, I really hope Disney decides to make another Muppet movie.

RawkHawk2010

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-5576-5912-4888
Or Verge and Sabi could be "deconfirming" characters so that when the character is revealed and it turns out to be one that they said was not in, it will surprise people as intended. Verge and Sabi doing the lord Sakurai's best intentions by using their trust of people believing them to throw people off track to help bring surprise to the masses.
I really don't think Vergeben and Sabi have been doing all this for as long as they have just to end it with a purposeful grand act of anti-leak culture humanitarianism, lol.

I mean, I guess one of them could have "being smote by the internet's Four Horsemen" on their Christmas list, but both? And it's not like someone with a Discord server of +5000 people is the equivalent of a 4chan tripcode poster. They actually have something to lose.

yeet123

Banned via Warnings
He has tons of arsenal to boot. Melee weapons can be covered with Energy Sword, Gravity Hammer and military knife. There are Spartan Abilities, Assassination animation and equipment on top of that.
Anyone doubting Master Chief's moveset potential should take a look at this for 10 seconds:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Just question. Do you guys think Master Chief is inevitable? I surfed the net for quite awhile and saw people saying that Master Chief wouldn't be that shocking... especially after Banjo. It's like people are thinking that he is pretty much guaranteed...

There is still King Zell's "Mario on Playstation." I don't think this remark was ever debunked. Not to mention constant rumor or MCC coming to Switch.
Master Chief would be shocking cause Halo 3 is one of the biggest things to happen in gaming from 2000 to 2010, I don't see him as inevitable but moreso on the table now. People like acting as if they know how big events are by saying "Without Geno we wouldn't have Paper Mario" (tbf the person I got this from was 15 then and I believe they've matured) but Halo 3? Halo ****ing 3? Outright legendary whether you even played the games or not, it was everywhere when it came out and a ****ton of people called in sick from work to pick up their copy of the game, and the online, EVERYBODY knows Halo 3's online, from the cesspool of angry manchildren to teabagging, it is outright laughable to pretend Halo 3 wasn't one of the biggest hits and I cannot wait for a day where we get Chief in Smash as you KNOW he'd be one of the biggest additions in Smash history
Why do I hear boss music?
*Nazi punching sounds intensify*

Last edited:

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
I'm counting Bethesda out as well given the sources comments on the Cacomallow leak. I don't think they would say it has nothing to do with FP5 if FP5 was a Bethesda character.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
You act like Samus, Dark Samus, and MetaKnight have personality
They do, but so does Master Chief too.

The real issue is that a lot of people don't seem to realize that stoicism is absolutely a personality trait. You don't need to be bubbly and joking all the time to "have a personality."

That and I wouldn't even call Meta Knight stoic. He's more so honorable and chivalrous, but also fairly blunt.

yeet123

Banned via Warnings
EVERYBODY knows Halo 3's online
Facts.

Additionally, Halo 2 really pioneered online console gaming as we know it.

The real issue is that a lot of people don't seem to realize that stoicism is absolutely a personality trait. You don't need to be bubbly and joking all the time to "have a personality."
That and I wouldn't even call Meta Knight stoic. He's more so honorable and chivalrous, but also fairly blunt.
Exactly. Well said.

Last edited:

Seanapotamus

Smash Journeyman
So, any new characters get deconfirmed?
Sora is out of the running and we're still trying to figure out who's next after all these deconfirmations.
Quite a few Sega characters come in mind. There's Arle Nadja, Sakura Shinguji, Kazuma Kiryu, Alex Kidd, etc.

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion
Oh and speaking of Phoenix and Monokuma, let me take the opportunity to tell you all to vote for Law and Disorder on SilvaGunner's King For Another Day tournament. They are objectively the best team still running (besides Wario Partners that is).

I say DJ Professor K gives them both a good run for their money.

Law and Disorder are really good, but I'm still waiting on a rip with a Layton source.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Blaze the Cat?

Ivander

Smash Legend
I really don't think Vergeben and Sabi have been doing all this for as long as they have just to end it with a purposeful grand act of anti-leak culture humanitarianism, lol.

I mean, I guess one of them could have "being smote by the internet's Four Horsemen" on their Christmas list, but both? And it's not like someone with a Discord server of +5000 people is the equivalent of a 4chan tripcode poster. They actually have something to lose.
I'm aware, as it was meant to be sarcastic to some degree, hence why it was followed by a more serious "Or it's just someone no one expects".

At the same time though, I'd rather wait to see who actually is the 5th Fighter, rather than have a leaker tell who's in or who's not, thus losing some of the surprise. The surprise was what made the Cloud and Joker reveals great and I would like the surprise to be there for the 5th Fighter. So I would be lying if I said that part of me isn't wishing that they are mistaken in some of their claims.

Last edited:

Tako Tuesday

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-0245-5753-9220
"Everybody knows Halo 3's online"

*sweats nervously* Yep! I sure am familiar with Halo 3's online! I'm definitely not an uncultured swine!

*goes back to living under a rock*

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
"Everybody knows Halo 3's online"

*sweats nervously* Yep! I sure am familiar with Halo 3's online! I'm definitely not an uncultured swine!

*goes back to living under a rock*
You're admitting it therefore you are safe my child

I also like to see Infinite's E3 trailer as a sign of personality yet seen in Smash, the "I could not possibly give any less of a **** I'm gonna beat your ass" as seen when Chief saw he was in a trailer for a Sad Dad game and just ****ed out of there

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Turns out the reason nobody knows who Fighter 5 is is because Sakurai made a new OC playable.

D

Deleted member

so sora is out huh. whoever 5 is it’s gonna be big to me.

also if a reveal is really happening at the game awards trust me reimu is unlikley for a #5 reveal there

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
That’s plausible. Sega has a number of iconic franchises and a number of them are currently being revived.

I wouldn’t be able to tell you which would be the most likely of Sega’s IPs however because that’s a very region dependant thing with what is popular where.

BZocky

Smash Ace
HE’S GONNA BE IN SMASH BROTHERS!
180E3958-21AA-4D72-A750-B84A42F90CC6.png

SmashSSL

Smash Apprentice
Fighter 5 is Dark Yagami from "Light and Dark The Adventures of Dark Yagami"

XorahnGaia

Smash Journeyman
Not only is Sabi still stepping around the issue of Capcom, but I heard someone else say that Sabi posted a message in their server (that they later deleted) saying they're not counting out Phoenix specifically.

Not only that, but a Twitter account strongly suspected to be a Sabi alt said they're personally "guessing" that Phoenix is FP5.

View attachment 250442
Interesting...if those DMs and the Sabi's Discord message are true, things could definitly bode well for Phoenix...

But there is still that NoA Ambassador soft-deconfirming Capcom. And even if we ignore is words...that means Crash and a Bamco rep are still in the running.

Eh...we're less than a week away from TGA anyway, I guess there's no harm in keeping a faint ray of hope for lawyer boy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom