• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

We getting Katalina bois, at last Hitagi Witnesses will be vindicated!

yeet123

Banned via Warnings
Fighters Pass 2 Leak:

- Original Character from Sonic Forces
- Pink Gold Peach
- Byleth
- Wii Vitality Sensor
- Darker Pit

waddledeeonredyoshi

Smash Lord
Oh and speaking of Phoenix and Monokuma, let me take the opportunity to tell you all to vote for Law and Disorder on SilvaGunner's King For Another Day tournament. They are objectively the best team still running (besides Wario Partners that is).

Ah hell no, those guys did my man Al Yankovic dirty. More popularity is the last thing they need.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Phoenix or Monokuma would be freaking awesome, honestly... although I am more biased for Feeny lol.

Still kinda blown away by Sora being unlikely as heck for FP5. I was adamant that his best chance was post-pass, but after all the other disconfirmations, I was beginning to think he was likely it. Now that Sabi has tentatively shot that down, I don't even know what to think anymore. 2B also doesn't look like a safe bet (although she has nice chances for post-pass), and tbh, I wouldn't bet on another SE rep at all for FP5. I wouldn't bet on any kind of double-dipping at all.

... Sandbag, is that yooooou? :drflip:

D

Deleted member

Fighter Pass 3 leak:

>Space Jam 2
>Despacito 3
>Skate 4
>Half Life 2 episode 2.9 Birth By Sleep
>Skelleton Captain Falcon

XorahnGaia

Smash Journeyman
There was a problem fetching the tweet

Uh, maybe Jon is hinting that there're not gonna reveal anything for Smash at the Game Awards.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master

Uh, maybe Jon is hinting that there're not gonna reveal anything for Smash at the Game Awards.
I'm getting Deja Vu of when all the insiders said there would be no Smash news at the Game Awards last year.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I'm getting Deja Vu of when all the insiders said there would be no Smash news at the Game Awards last year.
True, but Joker's trailer was apparently a last-minute addition, so that might be why nobody heard about it.

It's not likely that same thing happened this time, too.

Nightguything

Smash Journeyman
Wait, so we went from being told to look forward to TGA for smash, and now that’s being backtracked? Good lord..

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Lmao what a bad timing.

My mother just made some popcorn exactly when the news dropped.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
so where on earth would they reveal fighter 5 if not at the game awards?

Time is ticking, and I'm not expecting a direct till March or mid February

Last edited:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend

>A gen 3 spin off
>the one Pokemon generation with no representation
>Sceptile is a big fan request

He's coming

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
welp I ain't watching the TGAs then; even if insiders were wrong last year, I ain't sittin' through all that to get nothing.

I'll be happy if Smash gets GOTY though I don't really care, and Nintendo is guaranteed to win one award anyway.

Last edited:

BZocky

Smash Ace
Yeah, I’m thinking he’s tempering expectations to set up another completely unexpected Smash reveal like Joker’s

Last edited:

XorahnGaia

Smash Journeyman
Maybe, but i think that was a result of Nintedo baiting insider with that rumor about Metroid Prime Trilogy and people generally not expecting to receive news about the FP the night before Ultimate's lauch.

Honestly, no Smash news at TGA is a scenario we should all brace ourselves for: Nintendo has to share the announcements time slor with other companies and they may want to prioritize games like Bayo 3 and Botw 2 instead of DLCs for a year old game.

Now one thing I want to point ou: Jon doesn't really do hints anymore. precisely after because the MPT disaster of last year screwed a lot of fellow insiders like Nate Drake. It's possible that he is just joking, but even it feels from when he post otters or something.

Maybe they'll have a Nintendo Direct in January?
Pretty much, I'm not looking forward to another month with insiders deconfirming characters while Nintendo stays silent, but on the bright side we wouldn't have to deal with "Character X doesn't make sense as a TGA reveal so he's not F5P" anymore.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
True, but Joker's trailer was apparently a last-minute addition, so that might be why nobody heard about it.

It's not likely that same thing happened this time, too.
Joker had an animated trailer, that stuff requires a lot of man-hours and money to make. Plus they got the voice actors to make references to the Game Awards, and according to Sakurai, Joker's Japanese voice actor is a very busy man with a lot on his schedule. With all of this it's hard to picture Joker as a last-minute addition to the game awards, Nintendo clearly had that reveal planned for some time.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
welp I ain't watching the VGAs then; even if insiders were wrong last year, I ain't sittin' through all that to get nothing.
Good, because the VGAs haven't happened in like five or six years. :V

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
If there's no Smash reveal at the Game Awards, and no reveal on the days between now and the Game Awards, does that mean everyone is gonna do Donkey Kong's Down-B?

yeet123

Banned via Warnings
No Smash at the VGAs would be a massive bummer. The community needs something to chew on

D

Deleted member

snip

tumblr_pgt42t6blK1wvq75ko1_500.png

Yup think I'm gonna check out of speculation for now, y'all have fun tearing eachother apart for another month

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
maybe it’ll be at a proper direct this time and not the VGAs?

Lady Kuki

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PetraRal01
3DS FC
4854-7185-6306
Didn't the leakers say for us to look forward to some big news coming soon, or was my memory just foggy?

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
Even if Smash doesn't get shown at the game awards I'm still gonna tune in. Half-Life: Alyx is guaranteed to be on that show and you bet I'm gonna watch just for that.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
hmmm... you think they could at least announce a smash direct during the game awards?

ya know Smash ends up winning best fighting game (which is pretty much guaranteed), and right after they're all like "Oh yeah, stay tuned for a Smash direct in January" or something

Hydreigonfan01

Smash Master
Does anyone have a source of Sakurai saying in an interview that the bullet-hell genre was what got him into Game Development?

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
So either a Smash Direct in December or a Nintendo Direct in January. Oh and I heard Sora is out too for FP5 which is unsurprising as he was disconfirmed already by KH's producer.

I'm telling you, it's probably going to be the Imperial Force Maiden. :p

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
But seriously, no Smash at TGAs is really good for Arle. She's absolutely not the kind of character you reveal there. She'd be much more fitting in a Smash Direct (which is what I think we're getting).

Lady Kuki

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PetraRal01
3DS FC
4854-7185-6306
Yep. My eyes don't deceive me. Sabi was definitely hyping up the VGA awards despite also saying that Smash news may not be there.
https://twitter.com/New_WabiSabi/status/1202659317230342149?s=20
https://twitter.com/New_WabiSabi/status/1199056929525395456?s=20
If there is truly no Smash Bros at the Game Awards, then we're getting a Smash direct before the end of December, or in January.
Orrrr they may announce a Smash direct there. Not entirely sure. Still taking everything that is said with a grain of salt.

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
ya know I'd very much appreciate if they straight up said whether or not Smash is happening cuz this ambiguity sabi does is really driving me nuts

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom