• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Sabi was only speculating a Smash reveal at the Game Awards. He really does need to make a clear distinction between his Insider's words and his own speculation.

Last edited:

Lady Kuki

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PetraRal01
3DS FC
4854-7185-6306
He needs to be more careful about that stuff since he knows we're in the middle of a news drought LOL.

Calamitas

Smash Champion
Maybe they're gonna conclude the current Spirit Boards event that celebrates the anniversary of Ultimate with an announcement of whatever format they're gonna use to reveal FP5. Wouldn't be too out there, I feel.

D

Deleted member

This is kinda getting dragged on, the whole debunking makes me think either a reveal soon or we're getting fooled around.

KatKit

Smash Lord
That's a pretty interesting moveset, the idea of temporarily 'stealing' the opponents special moves so they can't use use them is really unique.

And she got weirdly popular back in the day (America got some game shows based on the game), and is a good rep for edutainment games. Never got around to watching the Netflix show though.
Thanks!

The new show is definitely worth checking out. Seriously... it is way better than it has any right to be.

A different leaker also found some new Fiora clips.
Seems legit. But like most leaks, I'm skeptical.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
Because vague is the only way they can avoid any repercussions if they're wrong.
I will never forget that horse ride that Sabi took us through when the SNK trademarks dropped.
"Hey guys Terry might be the next fighter!"
"...or is he?"

We needed Verge to come out and confirm Terry for us so we could finally be at peace.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Because vague is the only way they can avoid any repercussions if they're wrong.
ya know, for once claiming themselves as being "one of the most trusted and reliable rumor sources in the industry.", sabi should be a lot more upfront with the stuff they "leak"

Lady Kuki

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PetraRal01
3DS FC
4854-7185-6306
ya know, for once claiming themselves as being "one of the most trusted and reliable rumor sources in the industry.", sabi should be a lot more upfront with the stuff they "leak"
This is why we should always take leakers with a grain of salt. I usually go with the assumption that leakers love attention, so some are willing to mess with their audience for more clout :p

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
With all of the female characters for Smash videos Gamexplain are doing recently, and of course their connections with Nintendo. It seems like it's hinting that FP5 is female.

D

Deleted member

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Uh, maybe Jon is hinting that there're not gonna reveal anything for Smash at the Game Awards.
Sounds like one of those bull**** tweets from her where she says a hint and then hours later says "but it's not for Smash though lol" or "I'm just speculating."

Last edited by a moderator:

PrettyIvyPearls22

Smash Ace
To think we might not get anything now, I hope we at least get teased of something, because the wait for this character has gotten pretty ridiculous!

I’m still gonna tune in for TGAs for other reveals, but I think we got spoiled by having Joker revealed there last year!

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
The Fiora clips are probably for Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition, not Smash.
I heard the Smash menu sounds though

I should also point out that even though she appears in Shulk’s Final Smash, she doesn’t talk AT ALL even when Shulk calls her name, as opposed to Riki (who’s also an AT) and Dunban

Last edited:

M@R!3

Smash Ace
*sigh* So Sora is out. Well at least the band-aid has been ripped off. Could've been far more excruciating now that we may be looking at a longer wait for a Direct.

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
have been Koei Tecmo disconfirmed for fp5? or just hayabusha?

If not.. i'm going to make an extremely bold claim.

FP5 is either An Atelier character, Dinasty Warriors Character, Amateratsu or Morrigan.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
With all of the female characters for Smash videos Gamexplain are doing recently, and of course their connections with Nintendo. It seems like it's hinting that FP5 is female.
Watch it be someone literally no one is expects or knows about, like Alicia Melchiot or something.

TwiceEXE

Smash Ace
I heard the Smash menu sounds though
If the files are in the game then the leaker should be able to point them out so others can verify.

On the topic of the Jon tweet: I don't think that's a hint, I think that is a joke about people's reaction if there is no Smash. He has made similar jokes before. At this point it's pretty much up in the air whether or not Smash will be shown there.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
There was a problem fetching the tweet

Uh, maybe Jon is hinting that there're not gonna reveal anything for Smash at the Game Awards.
> Dash

I knew his absence from the KoF Arena was fishy...

K DASH Heat Drives Into Battle!

/s

XorahnGaia

Smash Journeyman
I'm pretty sure it's just because of their politics at most and not an actual hint to anything
Yeah, i doubt they would actually hint at a Smash newcomer in one of their speculation videos. Like, the characters that they speculated before Arle were Shadow as a Sonic semi-clone with guns and the L-block from Tetris.

Animegamingnerd

Smash Ace
If Jon is hinting towards something, it might be that FP5 won't be revealed there.

In the tweet he flat out says "Game Awards End, that's it? No Dash"

That to me is him hinting that we should tamper our expectations.

Koopaul

Smash Champion
There are other things to get excited about at the Game Awards. Plenty of other reveals. Does everyone's gaming life revolve around Smash? Don't any of you like other video games?

Animegamingnerd

Smash Ace
Yeah, i doubt they would actually hint at a Smash newcomer in one of their speculation videos. Like, the characters that they speculated before Arle were Shadow as a Sonic semi-clone with guns and the L-block from Tetris.
Jon actually did hinted at Isabella in their predictions, but saying she would reveal in the September 2018 direct and even flat out mention she would be a semi-clone of villager instead of the echo like most were expecting her to be.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
If Jon is hinting towards something, it might be that FP5 won't be revealed there.

In the tweet he flat out says "Game Awards End, that's it? No Dash"

That to me is him hinting that we should tamper our expectations.
Or.

Now hear me out,

Or.

Jon knows that people know that he knows **** so he likes messing with people hence why whenever he 'predicts'' stuff he sprinkles bull**** in between I'M STILL MAD HE SAID WE'S MAY SEE DMC3 AT THE PAST DIRECT ONLY FOR 2 TO POP UP INSTEAD

D

Deleted member

There are other things to get excited about at the Game Awards. Plenty of other reveals. Does everyone's gaming life revolve around Smash? Don't any of you like other video games?
I am seriously having a worse DLC wait for UA3, ngl.

I’m also hoping for a new 2D Metroid, MvC4, a Godzilla game on Switch and Metroid Prime Trilogy everyday.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Or.

Now hear me out,

Or.

Jon knows that people know that he knows **** so he likes messing with people hence why whenever he 'predicts'' stuff he sprinkles bull**** in between I'M STILL MAD HE SAID WE'S MAY SEE DMC3 AT THE PAST DIRECT ONLY FOR 2 TO POP UP INSTEAD
Sounds like you're having a, as the youngers like to say, a heated gamer moment.

D

Deleted member

Or.

Now hear me out,

Or.

Jon could also be speculating and telling us to lower our expectations. Nothing is finalized.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
We just gonna forget he posted otters recently knowing what reaction that causes, and then later tweeted "Tee-hee I just felt like posting some cute otters lul".

As for Sabi's response, wouldn't surprise me if they were being reactionary, as they seemingly usually are. Honestly, with the way Sabi's been about things lately, I'm almost inclined to just flat out stop listening. The coyness and constant "Ha ha, I may know, or I might not! Who can saaaaaaayyyyyy ;)" doesn't really make for fun speculation, it eventually just becomes annoying, lol. Might duck out of here for a bit like @Chucklehead Tom if things end up continuing this way into January.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom