• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kokiden

Smash Ace
People who "leak" fake stuff have too much time on their hands.

Their lives must be pathetically empty if riling up a bunch of people on the internet who they'll never meet, gets them off.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I'll tell you what though. If I spent real money trying to dupe an already gullible fanbase, I wouldn't fess up to it like a day later.

At least try to get your money's worth.

D

Deleted member

Hopefully we get the reveal at TGA. I don't need it to enjoy the game, but it'd be a little nice to know the full contents of the fighter's pass by the time I get my hands on a copy of Ultimate this Christmas. And also I'm not sure how people are going to feel if the reveal is a month or two from now and the more reliable leakers keep silent that whole time. Bad, probably.
All of this is mostly DLC anyway. I'm broke, and my parents banned me from buying anything online. Ah, the F2P life.

FP5 is just as broken as Smash 4 Bayonetta and Brawl Meta Knight combined

Aww come on! I dreamed of winning stuff with Marthcina! And besides, just as Cutie Gwen Cutie Gwen once said, if the character is broken, blame the devs!

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
I mean, Dragon Quest outright omitted half of 3 and 4's protags because they are not dudes.
I'd say they omitted half of 3 and 4's protags because they could only do 4 characters and would rather rep 4 games than just 2.

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
Take a shot every time a character is thoroughly discussed.
Take two shots if said character is deconfirmed.
Finish your drink if it didn't last an entire week.
Finish two bottles if said character was a frontrunner, yet took an ample amount of time to deconfirm.
If we were playing this 2 weeks ago there would be nobody left alive on Smashboards.
People who "leak" fake stuff have too much time on their hands.

Their lives must be pathetically empty if riling up a bunch of people on the internet who they'll never meet, gets them off.
It sounds like it might have been the person who made the fake Gordon leak who did this one too. If it is.... well lets just say I don't think highly of that person.
I'll tell you what though. If I spent real money trying to dupe an already gullible fanbase, I wouldn't fess up to it like a day later.

Right? My thing is that if you're gonna troll at least do it well. Outing yourself after an hour is not trolling well.

D

Deleted member

If we were playing this 2 weeks ago there would be nobody left alive on Smashboards.
I'm lucky I'm still an alcohol virgin (I never took in beer or anything in my life), and I'll die an alcohol virgin. If I wanted to do a drinking game, I'll take Turmeric. At least that helps the body.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Nope. She talked about steak earlier but not this time.
If I'm remembering right, present the picture of the Steel Samurai limping when she talks about knowing Hammer was injured.

Tako Tuesday

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-0245-5753-9220
Then please write out the new testimony and the new part of it. Maybe the list of evidence too

It's like how Sonic 06 made people think Secret Rings was good, I'm used to worse lol
"I was with Sal and Oldbag, the security lady, when we found the body. The assistant was there too, only Powers was absent. I immediately called the police. Then Powers showed up.

The security lady, Oldbags, was quite agitated. Pointing at Powers, saying 'he did it!'

I asked to be left out of the proceedings. I went back to the trailer to get my script and direction notes. I knew that Hammers was injured and couldn't do any action scenes, so I left them behind."

Jack's Autopsy Report, Powers's(?) Photo, Guidemap, Samurai Spear, Mr. Monkey's Head, "Path to Glory", Cody's Camera, Five-Year-Old Photo, Sleeping Pill Bottle, Steak Plate, Van.

GKMLTTSB

Smash Ace

Considering the rate he's going at, I'm sure there's another 'leak' coming soon anyway. :-/

I'm lucky I'm still an alcohol virgin (I never took in beer or anything in my life), and I'll die an alcohol virgin. If I wanted to do a drinking game, I'll take Turmeric. At least that helps the body.
It's just called teetotalism, FYI.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
"I was with Sal and Oldbag, the security lady, when we found the body. The assistant was there too, only Powers was absent. I immediately called the police. Then Powers showed up.

The security lady, Oldbags, was quite agitated. Pointing at Powers, saying 'he did it!'

I asked to be left out of the proceedings. I went back to the trailer to get my script and direction notes. I knew that Hammers was injured and couldn't do any action scenes, so I left them behind."

Jack's Autopsy Report, Powers's(?) Photo, Guidemap, Samurai Spear, Mr. Monkey's Head, "Path to Glory", Cody's Camera, Five-Year-Old Photo, Sleeping Pill Bottle, Steak Plate, Van.
Yeah I think Hinata's right cause
Hammer wasn't the one who injured, Hammer merely pretended he was injured in costume to frame Powers as he was the one who got injured

Tako Tuesday

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-0245-5753-9220
If I'm remembering right, present the picture of the Steel Samurai limping when she talks about knowing Hammer was injured.
Yep, that was it. Dang it! I'm pretty sure I thought of doing that at some point too, but didn't! Thanks for the help, but man, I wish I tried that earlier, since I usually feel like a cheater when I get help like that.

Koopaul

Smash Champion
I mean, Dragon Quest outright omitted half of 3 and 4's protags because they are not dudes.

Sora would be fine with just Kairi, Riku, etc.
I'm not just talking about ommiting some characters. I'm talking about ommiting something that is integral to the series identity. When people think Kingdom Heart's they also think of Disney. It's that integral.

If Sakurai wanted to make a fanservicey tribute to Kingdom Hearts but had to leave out Disney stuff, it would be glaring. It's not just some characters we're talking about, it's Kingdom Hearts' DNA. But maybe I'm wrong I only played 1 and 2. Maybe Disney stuff is absolutely unimportant now.

Basically my argument boils down to this: Could Sakurai add Sora and Kingdom Hearts without Disney content? Absolutely! But... would he want to? That's where I think the problem lies.

Last edited:

Izanagi97

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2051-8893-9128
Take a shot every time a character is thoroughly discussed.
Take two shots if said character is deconfirmed.
Finish your drink if it didn't last an entire week.
Finish two bottles if said character was a frontrunner, yet took an ample amount of time to deconfirm.
Thank god I don't drink alcohol

Only 6 days left, bois.
Christ this is gonna be a long wait and to think the only thing to occupy me that isn't related to reading crap on the internet is that comment saying that VR plant will leak the character a couple days before the VGAs

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Yep, that was it. Dang it! I'm pretty sure I thought of doing that at some point too, but didn't! Thanks for the help, but man, I wish I tried that earlier, since I usually feel like a cheater when I get help like that.
If it's any consolation I always have those moments. I give up after 10 minutes of thinking without any advancements and look it up only to think "Of ****ing course it was that I'm ****ing dumb"

yeet123

Banned via Warnings
I would be perfectly down for the Chief. He’s really the one character that would totally blow off the roof in terms of characters. He’s been the whole “What’s next?! MASTER CHIEF?!?” Boogeyman of Smash Speculation so having him in would be quite legendary and ground breaking.
Hear, hear.

cothero

Smash Lord
Thank god I don't drink alcohol

Christ this is gonna be a long wait and to think the only thing to occupy me that isn't related to reading crap on the internet is that comment saying that VR plant will leak the character a couple days before the VGAs
Speaking of the devil, VR Plant is quite silent lately. Probably doesn't have any reliable info yet.

yeet123

Banned via Warnings
Its crazy how elaborate "leaks" are getting. Grinch, Cacodemon/Mallow, Master Chief Smash Bros audio

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Speaking of the devil, VR Plant is quite silent lately. Probably doesn't have any reliable info yet.
If we don't hear anything from him when the VGAs happen, another month of speculation is going to happen.

Tako Tuesday

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-0245-5753-9220
If it's any consolation I always have those moments. I give up after 10 minutes of thinking without any advancements and look it up only to think "Of ****ing course it was that I'm ****ing dumb"
Thanks! That does make me fell better. Thise moments are actually why I could never get into the Zelda series to be honest. Pretty much any puzzle or area of the games that require you to think would leave me stuck for way to long. I had to use guides so much for answers that seemed obvious after I looked it up that I found it hard to enjoy the games.

On the bright side though, I can't see that happening with this series because even though I have those moments sometimes, the characters and stories have me so engaged that I can't see myself dropping the game just for needing help every now and then.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Man, not to get off track but the Kanto area is getting shaken up badly with earthquakes. We have been 3-4 a day since Tuesday. They are small ones and only measure to a 4 in the epicenter with around 2-3 in my area but the amount of them is disconcerting.

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
Man, not to get off track but the Kanto area is getting shaken up badly with earthquakes. We have been 3-4 a day since Tuesday. They are small ones and only measure to a 4 in the epicenter with around 2-3 in my area but the amount of them is disconcerting.
Lol. Kanto.
I keep forgetting that's a real place.
Can you do me a favor in the Cerulean Cave?

yeet123

Banned via Warnings
Be safe over there. Ive been through a few earthquakes myself; not a fan.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Lol. Kanto.
I live on the northern slopes of Mt Moon so it might take me a bit on my bicycle. Gotta watch out for Rocket Grunts. And considering my place is wrapped in clouds, I’m pretty sure I can’t find myself around. Seems Pokémon doesn’t consider the northern slopes of Mt Moon a place.

P.Kat

Smash Champion
Take care over there, I hope things stay safe, and stable.

BlackInk

Smash Lord
You should've seen Sabi's Discord server. They ****in' jumped on it.

PapaGenos' server was surprisingly more skeptical of it. I'd have expected the reverse, but okay.
Sabi is so reliable. The source literally admits he gets his answers from hearing the character’s name. Surely, this unbeatable strategy can’t be countered by a simple codename. After all, Vergeben leaked the enderdragon with the same method.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Thanks! That does make me fell better. Thise moments are actually why I could never get into the Zelda series to be honest. Pretty much any puzzle or area of the games that require you to think would leave me stuck for way to long. I had to use guides so much for answers that seemed obvious after I looked it up that I found it hard to enjoy the games.

On the bright side though, I can't see that happening with this series because even though I have those moments sometimes, the characters and stories have me so engaged that I can't see myself dropping the game just for needing help every now and then.
Noob trick here: if you ever get stuck, you can just brute force it by presenting every piece of evidence to every statement, save scumming so you don't game over.

It ain't honorable, but it'll do.
Lol. Kanto.
...Did you really just read about someone being in an earthquake and you just thought to meme about it?

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I’m not an alarmist or anything and I’ve been through plenty of earthquakes, typhoons, floods, and tornadoes and blizzards in the states but lots of people are worried these are leading up to the big one. This is the one that the government sinks tons of money to predict that happens every now and then. According to experts, it will all but flatten the Kanto region including Tokyo and will be worse than Tōhoku 2011.

seeing as how Ninty is a Japanese company, that would be a problem.

Last edited:

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
I’m not an alarmist or anything and I’ve been through plenty of earthquakes, typhoons, floods, and tornadoes and blizzards in the states but lots of people are worried these are leading up to the big one. This is the one that the government sinks tons of money to predict that happens every now and then. According to experts, it will all but flatten the Kanto region including Tokyo and will be worse than Tōhoku 2011.

Dude. You gotta get away from those intense Pokémon battles.
I heard the world champ, Red, lives in your area. Those champion types take things way too seriously.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior

Jesus christ, wasn't 2011 considered one of the biggest natural disasters in recent memory? Please stay safe, that sounds terrifying

TechPowah

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1951-3245-1423
The scariest part of all

even when DLC5 does get announced, it won't be the end as we've already had a DLC extension confirmed

that final release of freedom feels ever fleeting

BlackInk

Smash Lord

Isn’t this board swell. We have some actual speculation, lots of “deconfirmation” nonsense over “I heard ‘blank’ is a fighter”, and the horror of powerful natural disasters.

Calamitas

Smash Champion
Dude. You gotta get away from those intense Pokémon battles.
I heard the world champ, Red, lives in your area. Those champion types take things way too seriously.
Buddy. There's a time and a place for everything. And this? This ain't the time for that.

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
Buddy. There's a time and a place for everything. And this? This ain't the time for that.
The essence of a great joke.
I cannot tell if that is a legitimate scorn or a Professor Oak reference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom