• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tako Tuesday

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-0245-5753-9220
Ugh, I'm stuck on the 3rd case in Phoenix Wright. Can anyone who's played already maybe give me a hint on how to clear this?
The final day, when Dee Vasquez revises her testimony to say that she knew Jack Hammers was injured, which is why she didn't bring her script to Studio 1.
I'd rather not use a walkthrough, because I feel like a cheater when I do. If someone could give me a hint, that would be nice. I've been stuck for so long!

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
wow, a thread of people calling it fake. he really showed those smash nerds
You should've seen Sabi's Discord server. They ****in' jumped on it.

PapaGenos' server was surprisingly more skeptical of it. I'd have expected the reverse, but okay.

UberPyro64

Smash Ace
There's something off about the voice acting and the script I find. You think a reveal like this would have more of a lead-up. That's why I'm having trouble buying it.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
You didn't see Sabi's public discord then.
View attachment 250363
Nono you see, some guy who used to be on that public server said Verge is lying so it must be true!

Ugh, I'm stuck on the 3rd case in Phoenix Wright. Can anyone who's played already maybe give me a hint on how to clear this?
The final day, when Dee Vasquez revises her testimony to say that she knew Jack Hammers was injured, which is why she didn't bring her script to Studio 1.
I'd rather not use a walkthrough, because I feel like a cheater when I do. If someone could give me a hint, that would be nice. I've been stuck for so long!
Rule 1 about Ace Attorney. Check every last detail. Does she talk about steak? Cause that ****ed me up when I first did that case

GKMLTTSB

Smash Ace
I kind of expect that if there is a TGA reveal, it may go along with another announcement this time.
Sakura + Sakura Wars Collection or Shin Sakura Taisen for Switch
MS character + Rare Replay on Switch
etc.

It never really needed to be a 'big' character anyway, IMO, but if people expect greater gravity to follow the next fighter reveal, that's a good way to up the impact.

wow, a thread of people calling it fake. he really showed those smash nerds
Best thing you could spend $45 on outside of literally anything else.

D

Deleted member

Welp, that does mean the leak is fake.

Monsun, you sunnuva *****.

Women first.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
I kind of expect that if there is a TGA reveal, it may go along with another announcement this time.
Sakura + Sakura Wars Collection or Shin Sakura Taisen for Switch
MS character + Rare Replay on Switch
etc.

It never really needed to be a 'big' character anyway, IMO, but if people expect greater gravity to follow the next fighter reveal, that's a good way to up the impact.

Best thing you could spend $45 on outside of literally anything else.
You know what game people are speculating is going to show up at TGAs?

Kingdom Hearts 3 Re:Mind.

Sora hmmm.png

Izanagi97

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2051-8893-9128
So I'm guessing the audio in the tweet and the 4chan post are the same thing? Didn't know it turned out to be the result of some loser wasting $45 to prank a bunch of desperate speculators

Last edited:

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
In my opinion, here are the truly internet breakers. Mind you for all different kinds of reasons:

Kratos (Sony IP, having all the gaming giants in one game, extremely popular, etc etc)
Chief (The Boogeyman of Smash. Often cited in jest when speculating. Seen largely as being impossible)
Crash (One of those platformining icons and an early post-Sonic rival to the Mario series)
Heihachi (Would send waves throughout the FGC and having the three most influential fighting games under one roof would be extraordinary (though T7 already does but it’s Akuma and Geese))
Lara (Sony icon but legendary in her own right. The salt and hype was be crazy)
Goku (Just cause it’s Goku)
Sora (Sora’s inclusion would throw away all the preconditioned notions of IP rights and such - especially if Disney content is added. I can see the internet having a heyday with Disney content in Smash)
Fortnight (Cause it’s Fortnight)
Yea, pretty much. Except Goku. Sakurai name dropped him just to say that it's never gonna happen.
Sakurai would sooner strip at his local bar if he were desperate enough for money to add Goku into Smash.

GKMLTTSB

Smash Ace
One thing I'd like to note that if that was real and Mario taunting wasn't him teabagging, what would have been the point? Just cancel the game at that point
Would need a voiced taunt for the true Halo experience.
"Hey you little a-green sack-a the ****! Mario slept-a with-a you momma last-a night!"

Probably with more cursing.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
People raising other examples like it's still not ridiculous to spend money on this kinda stuff.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Yea, pretty much. Except Goku. Sakurai name dropped him just to say that it's never gonna happen.
Sakurai would sooner strip at his local bar if he were desperate enough for money to add Goku into Smash.
Ive been to the local bar Sakurai goes to. When he gets plastered, he often takes request for Smash characters.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Did you spend money on this? I won't tell anybody. It'll be our little secret.
Pfft, of course not.

But on a completely unrelated note, I wouldn't suggest commissioning a fake mural any time soon, they don't come cheap.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
In my opinion, here are the truly internet breakers. Mind you for all different kinds of reasons:

Kratos (Sony IP, having all the gaming giants in one game, extremely popular, etc etc)
Chief (The Boogeyman of Smash. Often cited in jest when speculating. Seen largely as being impossible)
Crash (One of those platformining icons and an early post-Sonic rival to the Mario series)
Heihachi (Would send waves throughout the FGC and having the three most influential fighting games under one roof would be extraordinary (though T7 already does but it’s Akuma and Geese))
Lara (Sony icon but legendary in her own right. The salt and hype was be crazy)
Goku (Just cause it’s Goku)
Sora (Sora’s inclusion would throw away all the preconditioned notions of IP rights and such - especially if Disney content is added. I can see the internet having a heyday with Disney content in Smash)
Fortnight (Cause it’s Fortnight)
I don't see why Heihachi, Crash or Lara would be internet breaking. They all seem quite possible at this point.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Speculation right now FEELS like a drinking game.
Take a shot every time a character is thoroughly discussed.
Take two shots if said character is deconfirmed.
Finish your drink if it didn't last an entire week.
Finish two bottles if said character was a frontrunner, yet took an ample amount of time to deconfirm.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Nope. She talked about steak earlier but not this time.
Then please write out the new testimony and the new part of it. Maybe the list of evidence too
People raising other examples like it's still not ridiculous to spend money on this kinda stuff.
It's like how Sonic 06 made people think Secret Rings was good, I'm used to worse lol

Hexodus

Smash Cadet
Well, that was over fast.

Hopefully we get the reveal at TGA. I don't need it to enjoy the game, but it'd be a little nice to know the full contents of the fighter's pass by the time I get my hands on a copy of Ultimate this Christmas. And also I'm not sure how people are going to feel if the reveal is a month or two from now and the more reliable leakers keep silent that whole time. Bad, probably.

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
I want Master Chief but that's clearly fake. IDK how or why someone would only have the audio and I'm pretty sure I hear crowd noise early on.

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
Take a shot every time a character is thoroughly discussed.
Take two shots if said character is deconfirmed.
Finish your drink if it didn't last an entire week.
Finish two bottles if said character was a frontrunner, yet took an ample amount of time to deconfirm.
I had to take drinks even for my Falcom characters of Adol and Rean, I never thought they'd be discussed more than me making them a thread and the deconfirmation happened.

Long as more people discuss them i'm happy to take those drinks though lmao.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom