• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Either way, after all of this, the final character will indeed be revealed. Granted, fighter#5 will bring out the best and worst in us, but still, it's better than not receiving fighter#5 at all.

D

Deleted member

So we're still pretty much dry on information right now. Eh, the Game Awards are strict when it comes to leaks, so here's to simple speculation. Though all of this may or may not be true should we get a curveball character as the final fighter.

BlackInk

Smash Lord
So we're still pretty much dry on information right now. Eh, the Game Awards are strict when it comes to leaks, so here's to simple speculation. Though all of this may or may not be true should we get a curveball character as the final fighter.
Kosmos, Reimu, or literally anyone is enough to shake things up. I’m only going to look into the series of whatever is actually is released so I don’t end up as bummed out.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I'll go with Hinata, so he can be actually playable in a fighting game.

D

Deleted member

Sure he is. Because its gonna be Boruto's Dad, obviously.
Is this what speculation has become? This is borderline what Sakurai said that he won't include.

It's easy to say, "Smash is for gaming content ONLY". And that is a fact.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Is this what speculation has become? This is borderline what Sakurai said that he won't include.

It's easy to say, "Smash is for gaming content ONLY". And that is a fact.
That's why we are dead-serious without any humor whatsoever.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Okay, let's go back to actual speculation: What kind of potential non-fighter characters like Isabelle can bring an interesting moveset to Smash?

Is there any such characters you want and/or think are likely?

D

Deleted member

What kind of potential non-fighter characters like Isabelle can bring an interesting moveset to Smash?
I was going for something akin to...Idolmaster characters, or any rhythm game rep in general.

I thought of giving them something like a beat oattern that multiplies the damage they deal every time they're in sync with a certain beat.

KatKit

Smash Lord
I missed the Master Chief shenanigans. I never thought about making fake leaks with voice recordings. I could probably pull one off for Tracer, but I don't wanna watch the world burn.

Since the gliding mechanic is in the game's code, does anyone here believe that a dlc character will use it?
I wish...

You really serious about this or are you joking?
I can't answer for them, but I know a lot of people that would like Goku for whatever reason. And I wouldn't be surprised if he was the most requested character in general. We all have our never-evers. There's nothing wrong with that.

Twist.

I blame this website for why he comes to mind every time someone brings up Goku, ahaha.

Last edited:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Okay, let's go back to actual speculation: What kind of potential non-fighter characters like Isabelle can bring an interesting moveset to Smash?

Well there is Phoenix, Harvest Moon/Story of Seasons Farmer, Cooking Mama and (if you count them) Layton and Arle and probably some more. At least as far as third parties go.

I think they'd all bring some unique quirks into the game.

Last edited:

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289

more RPG sword boys not from fire emblem like (YS/SMT/TALES/KINGDOM HEARTS) and cool characters that I just want for cool's sake or dream smasher such as
Dante as a counter to Bayo
Master Cheif because he's the goat
and Travis Touchdown because Suda-51 deserves it also Ryu Hayabusa because he derives a spot with all the other NES icons
and if we were ever allowed one 4th party it should be Geralt from the Witcher games because it would be funny and it would work in the context of his series/universe because apparently the crap happens all the time

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Hatsune Miku is a war criminal osby. Just because she created Minecraft doesn't excuse it
Funny you mention war criminals, I thought you were supporting Edelgard Fire Emblem.

more RPG sword boys not from fire emblem like (YS/SMT/TALES/KINGDOM HEARTS) and cool characters that I just want for cool's sake or dream smasher such as
Dante as a counter to Bayo
Master Cheif because he's the goat
and Travis Touchdown because Suda-51 deserves it also Ryu Hayabusa because he derives a spot with all the other NES icons
and if we were ever allowed one 4th party it should be Geralt from the Witcher games because it would be funny and it would work in the context of his series/universe because apparently the crap happens all the time
I think you missed an important detail:

non-fighter characters

M@R!3

Smash Ace

Tom Nook. It's about time the Smash Bros cast paid up.

KatKit

Smash Lord

3rd Party.

From one of the best selling game series of all time, yet would somehow still be unexpected. Comes from a game with a very large female demographic. The Sims moveset concepts I've read are unbelievably interesting and creative. There's just so much different stuff that they can reference. It's ridiculous.

1st Party

Do I even to say it?

This already should've been a thing ages ago, for so many reasons. And I think game #5 is going to happen sooner rather than later.

I like my advertising concept where she has a weak attack that gets stronger the more it's spammed, but they can also incorporate other inventory/management business aspects of the series, as well as its fashion/design/modeling/beautician and musical components.

Last edited:

ZeldaPlayer87

Smash Journeyman
An Indie Rep hasn’t been ruled out yet right? I have two off the top of my head that I would want (well 3 if you count Reimu), and that’s Shantae, and someone who I feel would fit right in and would have a unique stage and moveset; someone who nobody has made much mention of. That character is Cuphead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom