• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlackInk

Smash Lord
I just realized there was a big metaphor I needed to open out. Imagine this game being the potential last thing Sakurai does for smash awhile, as the fighter pass is the last thing he can do for the game before he expects the massive success of it. Will he try to fulfill a bucket list for stuff he wants in smash?

Last edited:

pinshadow

Smash Lord
I just realized there was a big metaphor I needed to open out. Imagine this game being the potential last thing Sakurai does for smash awhile, as the fighter pass is the last thing he can do for the game before he expects the massive success of it. Will he try to fulfill a bucket list for stuff he wants in smash?
You mean like he's been doing this entire time? 3 out of the 4 characters we know are from games he absolutely loves and the other one is one of the most requested characters in smash history that was seen as an impossibilty for over a decade.

Lady Kuki

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PetraRal01
3DS FC
4854-7185-6306
I mean, Persona 5 came out only two years before Joker got in Smash. Yea, the success of indies is inherently less predictable, but also... some popular newer indies kind of have more international awareness than Touhou does. Reimu's good, but I don't understand why her and Quote's seniority means all other indies are off the table.

(Also, gonna nitpick... the protagonist of Hollow Knight, while considered a Knight, is not actually the titular Hollow Knight. The real Hollow Knight is... their older sibling? Kinda? And also, the White Lady emphasizes that Hornet is "the gendered child" among her husband's spawn, implying the Knight, the Hollow Knight, and all the other failed "vessel" offspring of the Pale King are genderless as the result of hatching in the void or whatever. So not a dude, either.)
Hollow Knight is 2 and a half years old? I stand corrected. That's news to me. Either time went by super fast that I FORGOT it came out in 2017, or I simply wasn't paying attention, teehee.
I feel like comparing HK and Persona is still kinda weird though, like yeah P5 is a young game, but Persona as a whole has always had a pretty decent sized following since 3. The only reason P5 is getting repped and not P3/4 is simply because of advertisement; it's the most recent game. I'm sure that they'd put in Yu or Minato if P5 was still being worked on. Plus, Persona as a whole is related to the Shin Megami Tensei franchise, which is really old. Atlus and Ninty go waaay back... it was one of the very few companies to have a game on the Virtual Boy even. Persona has stood the test of time, I feel.

It's true that the Knight has more international appeal than Reimu, but the Knight needs more longevity. He's just simply too young imo. I can totally see why people want him in. I want the Cuphead brothers in, like imagine Cuphead music in Smash... that'd be fantastic. But I think it's best to wait and see Team Cherry make more games and continue to do stuff that will make a massive impact, you know?

I do definitely feel like we're getting an indie at some point. They just, again need a little more star power so they won't feel nearly as out of place in a game filled with third party juggernauts. And yes. Even if Terry is pretty unknown now, he is very important to the world of fighting games and Smash would have not existed if it weren't for the KoF franchise.

JustMyself13

Smash Journeyman
There's this nagging feeling in the back of my mind that it could actually be a Sony character and while it probably has only a single decimal point percentage chance of happening it is still a non-zero chance
This has opened my eyes to a possibility I never knew I wanted until now. I GOTTA BELIEVE.
tenor.gif

Seriously, imagine the music! Tracks from 1, 2, and Lammy! The moveset! The stage! Our first rhythm game rep! Timing-based attacks to the beat!

Last edited:

PrettyIvyPearls22

Smash Ace
SO, CAPCOM'S OUT TOO NOW?! Is that what happened?! Man, that hurts and I was starting to really like the idea of Phoenix so much, that I've even been replaying Phoenix Wright lately! Da**!
If fighter #5 isn't a first party pick, I honestly believe that the character could be from SEGA or Square Enix again.
At this point, their the only ones left! Konami doesn't really make sense to get someone else. Both of their biggest and most notable series are already in the game! Of the two I can kinda see Square being the one to double dip more so than SEGA. It sounds like something Square would do.

View attachment 250004Our boy is next on the chopping block, I can feel it in my bones
Please no, he's been doing so well!

I would actually be somewhat surprised if we do get SEGA or Square again. Maybe not so much from Square (one of my most wanted is technically a Square character) if it's either one of them again, we still have some nice runner ups. If they end up getting deconfirmed before next week, then I'm completely stumped on who it could possibly be!

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Just watched Dracula, what happe-

Huh

Wild ride you guys had, huh?

Gotta say, aside from the guy calling for the death of all ****posters (holy ****!!), finding out Squidward is now Sans (and still as belligerent as ever), and Ovaltine migrating to this thread (hey there Ovaltine Ovaltine !), I don't have much to comment on. Nazyrus is a cool person, but I don't really have any reason to believe anything coming from Sabi and I'm not sure why everyone is either. So I'll just wait for Verge's word.

That said, if Capcom is out, then I have no ****ing clue who it could be so maybe it is Nintendo after all, would be hype if so. Otherwise I think I'm just along for the ride.

GKMLTTSB

Smash Ace
Yeah if we're gonna have Pyramid Head can we maybe scrap the uh

you know

the blood
That's just raspberry glaze.
From the cake he was making to share with everyone.

But now you've made him self-conscious.
You monster.

But, yeah... You try finding high-quality renders of him.
It's technically not even PH, but the Boogeyman from Homecoming, because that's what I had to work with. <_<

This has opened my eyes to a possibility I never knew I wanted until now. I GOTTA BELIEVE.
View attachment 250042
Seriously, imagine the music! Tracks from 1, 2, and Lammy! The moveset! The stage! Our first rhythm game rep! Timing-based attacks to the beat!
I was on board with Parappa before I realized I'd just straight-up like Vibri better. >_>
I'd still be down, but Vector Rabbit > Flat Doggo.

Last edited:

TwiceEXE

Smash Ace
Feels good to have a leak shake things up again. Things were going in circle in here with the lack of news.

Wrathful_Scythe

Smash Journeyman
Well, now the last character on my list is Reimu so disappointment incoming, I guess.
Hopefully the next fighter pass has something worthwile for me. :x

BlackInk

Smash Lord
Hollow Knight is 2 and a half years old? I stand corrected. That's news to me. Either time went by super fast that I FORGOT it came out in 2017, or I simply wasn't paying attention, teehee.
I feel like comparing HK and Persona is still kinda weird though, like yeah P5 is a young game, but Persona as a whole has always had a pretty decent sized following since 3. The only reason P5 is getting repped and not P3/4 is simply because of advertisement; it's the most recent game. I'm sure that they'd put in Yu or Minato if P5 was still being worked on. Plus, Persona as a whole is related to the Shin Megami Tensei franchise, which is really old. Atlus and Ninty go waaay back... it was one of the very few companies to have a game on the Virtual Boy even. Persona has stood the test of time, I feel.

It's true that the Knight has more international appeal than Reimu, but the Knight needs more longevity. He's just simply too young imo. I can totally see why people want him in. I want the Cuphead brothers in, like imagine Cuphead music in Smash... that'd be fantastic. But I think it's best to wait and see Team Cherry make more games and continue to do stuff that will make a massive impact, you know?

I do definitely feel like we're getting an indie at some point. They just, again need a little more star power so they won't feel nearly as out of place in a game filled with third party juggernauts. And yes. Even if Terry is pretty unknown now, he is very important to the world of fighting games and Smash would have not existed if it weren't for the KoF franchise.
Let’s not forget that Hollow Knight also fulfills the dlc aspect with amazing results. It’s a factor Nintendo considers critical in their games.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Capcom is out and so the only remaining big Japanese companies left are Konami (who have no options, considering that Bomberman is an AT) and Arc System Works (who would be redundant with Terry).

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Okay, okay, here's the total list so far, excluding companies already represented:

Nintendo
- Byleth
- Porky
- Akira Howard

Konami
- Pyramid Head
- Frogger
- Bill Rizer
- Gradius

ArcSys
- Sol Badguy
- Ragna the Bloodedge
- Noel Vermillion

Sony
- Parappa the Rapper
- Nathan Drake
- Kratos
- Sackboy
- Literally anyone exclusive to Sony, easily the most comprehensive list (Ratchet, Jak, Sir Daniel, etc.)

is there anyone major that we're missing here

BlackInk

Smash Lord
We probably got the leaked stuff for fighter #6.

I know I keep saying it. It’s just incredibly important to remind ourselves of this outcome.

Last edited:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Looks like we could use a bedtime story:
Here ya go

Edit: :4greninja:.

Yeah I'm using classic Greninja. Because why not?

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Okay, okay, here's the total list so far, excluding companies already represented:

Nintendo
- Byleth
- Porky
- Akira Howard

Konami
- Pyramid Head
- Frogger
- Bill Rizer
- Gradius

ArcSys
- Sol Badguy
- Ragna the Bloodedge
- Noel Vermillion

Sony
- Parappa the Rapper
- Nathan Drake
- Kratos
- Sackboy
- Literally anyone exclusive to Sony, easily the most comprehensive list (Ratchet, Jak, Sir Daniel, etc.)

I think that Porky is much less likely than people think he is. And also, you're completely dismissing indies and Western characters.

Last edited:

SNEKeater

Smash Master

Nintendo
- Byleth
- Porky
- Akira Howard

Konami
- Pyramid Head
- Frogger
- Bill Rizer
- Gradius

ArcSys
- Sol Badguy
- Ragna the Bloodedge
- Noel Vermillion

Sony
- Parappa the Rapper
- Nathan Drake
- Kratos
- Sackboy

verge didn't deconfirm my uncle so he's still in the running

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom