• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

P.Kat

Smash Champion
See I TOLD y’all Capcom would be shot down next!

you better run, Arcsys
...*sigh* Granted I have other characters to root for Elma included, this basically sums up how I feel right about now...
Oh Ammy why won't they just give you a
bone already?

Last edited:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Waluigi would be hype and help revitalise discussion for me.

But I don't see it happening in the fighter pass. He doesn't really have a good accompaning stage or spirit set, he's more likely post pass. I don't expect stages or many spirits after that.

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
Guys I know there's probably still a bunch of likely companies fighter #5 could be from but could we actually be getting a first party character? I never considered it that likely but I'm starting to feel funny with all these deconfirmations happening.

That is assuming these deconfirmations are accurate of course.
I was going to say, has anyone bothered to ask if it's a Nintendo character?

GKMLTTSB

Smash Ace
Even if all the deconfirmations are true, there are a lot of companies out there.

I'd love more SEGA, and there's some stuff in the Konami catalogue I'd be into as well (SH and Tokimeki), but there's far more possibilities out there than just these.

Well if Vergeben also says it isn't Capcom.

It's looking like the stage is set for her!
Very yes.

Gimme an extended remix of the following, while we're at it:

>_>

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
ezgif-6-288e30b024b2.gif

No further comment.

BlackInk

Smash Lord
It's pretty interesting that Team Cherry is with other renowned companies, but Nintendo has always been pretty friendly to indie companies. It's nothing too special I think.

I definitely don't believe this signifies a Hollow Knight character in Smash either. Keep in mind, the dude is barely a year old. Wouldn't it be premature to make a game you're not even SURE will sell, only to try and ask Sakurai to bring them to Smash? Or heck, even if the game did become a success, shouldn't people wait a few more years to see if the game still holds up? Like... it's for that reason why Reimu's the only indie character I find possible.
Hollow knight is two and at least a half years-old. Silk song is a new entry and it’s getting tons of interest.

Hexodus

Smash Cadet
It's pretty interesting that Team Cherry is with other renowned companies, but Nintendo has always been pretty friendly to indie companies. It's nothing too special I think.

I definitely don't believe this signifies a Hollow Knight character in Smash either. Keep in mind, the dude is barely a year old. Wouldn't it be premature to make a game you're not even SURE will sell, only to try and ask Sakurai to bring them to Smash? Or heck, even if the game did become a success, shouldn't people wait a few more years to see if the game still holds up? Like... it's for that reason why Reimu's the only indie character I find possible.
I mean, Persona 5 came out only two years before Joker got in Smash. Yea, the success of indies is inherently less predictable, but also... some popular newer indies kind of have more international awareness than Touhou does. Reimu's good, but I don't understand why her and Quote's seniority means all other indies are off the table.

(Also, gonna nitpick... the protagonist of Hollow Knight, while considered a Knight, is not actually the titular Hollow Knight. The real Hollow Knight is... their older sibling? Kinda? And also, the White Lady emphasizes that Hornet is "the gendered child" among her husband's spawn, implying the Knight, the Hollow Knight, and all the other failed "vessel" offspring of the Pale King are genderless as the result of hatching in the void or whatever. So not a dude, either.)

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Don't worry.
Just Hope.

HOPE.

KIBOUDA.

No seriously... I just hope he's not next.
He's dodging bullet like a madman. He can do it
>Hope

oh my God FP5 is from Spike Chunsoft

MAKOTO NAEGI CONFIRMED??

nope it’s actually Nagito Komaeda Kappa

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
If fighter #5 isn't a first party pick, I honestly believe that the character could be from SEGA or Square Enix again.

Seanapotamus

Smash Journeyman
UPDATED CASUALTY LIST FOR FP #5:
  • Crash
  • Tracer
  • Ryu Hayabusa
  • Doomguy
  • Geno
  • Scorpion
  • Gordon Freeman
  • Dante
  • Resident Evil rep
  • Nippon Ichi rep
  • Falcom rep
  • Ubisoft rep
  • Bandai-Namco rep
  • Level-5 rep
  • And now Capcom (RIP Phoenix Wright, Ameterasu, and Morrigan)
So much has happened these past couple of weeks. I feel like more are coming soon.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
1575518729477.png

You slept on my prophecies for over a year and now is my time to rise up.

D

Deleted member

There's this nagging feeling in the back of my mind that it could actually be a Sony character and while it probably has only a single decimal point percentage chance of happening it is still a non-zero chance

Last edited by a moderator:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
The virgin Sakura Wars rep vs the Chad Yakuza rep

If you don't want Kiryu or Majima I heavily recommend 20 ccs of slaps to the face

Yakuza is a ****ing amazing series, please play it and experience serious plot combined with **** like the video above

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom