• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

[Maple]

Smash Journeyman
BTW are we not sleeping too hard on Travis Toucdown?

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
What's the deal with Kasumi face anyway? What, does she stare at you and you instantly get Kasumified?

Because someone already does that.

Sorry if this reeks of 2008.

1575515965690.png

JustMyself13

Smash Journeyman
and if one of them is Phoenix Wright, then it'll be a hilarious case of history repeating itself.
This is another reason why the Kamiya tweet should be taken with a grain of salt, because even after he was leaked on the website, I believe that Takumi still denied that Phoenix was in until he was officially announced.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
BTW are we not sleeping too hard on Travis?
Nah, Travis was immediately first on the chopping block of deconfirmed. By his own developers no less.

But post-pass? Oh **** yeah, we're sleeping on him like a rock.

Lady Kuki

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PetraRal01
3DS FC
4854-7185-6306
Man, if the Game Awards were tomorrow I wouldn't mind them keeping quiet, but waiting another week with no hints even? Oof...

D

Deleted member

I think I am slowly feeling a bit better after what has happened.

In an attempt to relax from it all, I may as well share a wishlist of what I would love to see at the Game Awards:

>Fighter 5 reveal
>Trailer for the X-Men DLC in UA3 alongside a new free set of characters (hopefully Medusa and Black Bolt)
>Prime Trilogy Switch
>Trailer for KH3 Re:mind
>New stuff for LEGO Star Wars:The Skywalker Saga

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
This is another reason why the Kamiya tweet should be taken with a grain of salt, because even after he was leaked on the website, I believe that Takumi still denied that Phoenix was in until he was officially announced.
Did he? I didn't follow social media back then (and I kinda still don't now, besides following links posted in forums like these), so I would've had no idea Takumi said anything like that.

Still, denying Phoenix Wright was in UMVC3 after a website leak like that would be weird, especially since the UMVC3 character artwork has its own distinct art style, and likely not something that would've been mistaken for another game.

BlackInk

Smash Lord
Man, if the Game Awards were tomorrow I wouldn't mind them keeping quiet, but waiting another week with no hints even? Oof...
we have a ton of interesting data around us. We just need to look for it. Although I do make jokes about playing bingo with 4chan leaks, we can still do that to connect information piece by piece. Some of the character boards around us have some kind of piece of information we are ignoring. Like the recent post in the hornet support board.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I think people owe me an apology
first mistake was thinking people owe you anything on the internet, brother :214: we just left your drama we ain't getting sucked back in the semantics of it

Last edited:

Seanapotamus

Smash Journeyman
Yeah it looks like we're getting a reveal at the Game Awards next week. Not expecting it to be someone too mindblowing (we did get a Cranky Kong reveal for Tropical Freeze at VGX 2013) but I'm looking forward to seeing who it is. Not entirely sure when during the show we'll see a reveal, but I'll be watching even if it means waiting for potentially at least an hour or two.

I'm hoping Smash Ultimate wins Fighting Game of the Year, especially considering the amount of effort put into it. Game of the Year is a stretch considering that it is going against Resident Evil 2 Remake and Death Stranding, but we can hope it wins.

D

Deleted member

Never played Hat in Time What's it about?
Hat in Time basically has a hard mode called Death Wish, which is a compilation of remixed levels with new or reworked elements to make them significantly harder, sometimes to the point of complete nonsense.
I 100%'ed the mode and it made me want to die

Last edited by a moderator:

P.Kat

Smash Champion
Hat in Time basically has a hard mode called Death Wish, which is a compilation of remixed levels with new or reworked elements to make them significantly harder, sometimes to the point of complete nonsense.
Geez sounds like a spirit breaker. So it's like a platformer game then?

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797

welcome back to the no-judgement zone

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
On the bright side, you get bragging rights with the fact you got this without P&T:

images.jpg

D

Deleted member

I think people owe me an apology, especially now that one of Sabi's close friends has been given permission to share their thoughts on everything:

https://smashboards.com/threads/geno-♥♪-return-of-the-starsend-savior.446378/page-1913#post-23704880
Only thing I took from this post was:

Learn to investigate and think for yourself instead of latching onto the first thing you hear.
This is a huge pot calling the kettle black sorta deal. The amount of bandwagoning over theories in that thread is huge. If you say Geno isn't likely there, be prepared for a god damn mountain to climb as people frantically latch onto anything resembling Geno being likely.

Reading it all again, the fact this all needed to be clarified is why I just stop following Sabi. If you wanna be a leaker, have an outlet that's easy to follow and isn't hidden behind doors that's also hidden behind your private crowded discord server. All of this is just a headache and a half and it's why I'm very anti-discussion when it comes to Sabi rumors.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Geez sounds like a spirit breaker. So it's like a platformer game then?
In the same vein as Super Mario 64 and Sunshine with a little bit of Banjo-Kazooie mixed in. Highly recommend it, it came to Switch recently but AFAIK it doesn't have the second DLC yet.
On the bright side, you get bragging rights with the fact you got this without P&T:

tbh Snatcher Kid was like half the reason I did it, it's the best official costume in the game
snip

welcome back to the no-judgement zone
Peace and tranquility should be a feature in all hard games

Hexodus

Smash Cadet
Well unless FP5 didn't start development until their reveal(like Joker), they're probably going to be leaked unfortunately.
I mean... they haven't been leaked yet. It seems like whoever #5 is, the company that owns them is doing a damned good job of keeping them under wraps.

I just a got news of something really interesting from the hornet support group that could be related to the dlc.
Decided to pop into the Hornet thread to see what it was. I take it you mean this?

Pretty impressive that a tiny indie studio like Team Cherry is being given the same billing as Bamco, Squeenix, Level-5, Ubisoft, Sega, etc in this presentation. Even if the Smash Bubble doesn't take such characters seriously, it feels like Nintendo is increasingly recognizing the value of promoting and working with indie developers. (And also like they may have a few "favorites" they especially want to promote...)

Honestly, you seem a lot more cheerful and friendly when you talk about Hollow Knight than when you talk about KOS-MOS. Supporting something because you genuinely love it probably feels a lot better than supporting something you don't even care about out of spite or a feeling of inevitability.

SNEKeater

Smash Master
Yes, I did think it could've been Nakoruru... mostly because I looked at SNK's guest characters in previous games (Geese in Tekken 7, Mai in Dead or Alive 5, etc.), noticed there was a different character for each game, and thought it would've been a character who hadn't been a guest character before (Terry was already in Fighting EX Layer).

Official character artwork for Fighter 5 and several more DLC characters gets leaked from the official Smash website... and if one of them is Phoenix Wright, then it'll be a hilarious case of history repeating itself.
That point makes sense, but I don't know. I wasn't registered here before Terry's official announcement, but I visited this thread sometimes and I didn't get that theory. Kyo which is more iconic and important to SNK (even if it's only because he's the main protagonist of KoF) was in the same position as Nakoruru, 0 crossovers. I'm 100% sure Kyo would be the second choice if Sakurai discarded Terry for some reason, even if he's a Iori fanboy lol

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I mean... they haven't been leaked yet. It seems like whoever #5 is, the company that owns them is doing a damned good job of keeping them under wraps.

Decided to pop into the Hornet thread to see what it was. I take it you mean this?

Pretty impressive that a tiny indie studio like Team Cherry is being given the same billing as Bamco, Squeenix, Level-5, Ubisoft, Sega, etc in this presentation. Even if the Smash Bubble doesn't take such characters seriously, it feels like Nintendo is increasingly recognizing the value of promoting and working with indie developers. (And also like they may have a few "favorites" they especially want to promote...)

Honestly, you seem a lot more cheerful and friendly when you talk about Hollow Knight than when you talk about KOS-MOS. Supporting something because you genuinely love it probably feels a lot better than supporting something you don't even care about out of spite or a feeling of inevitability.
No news on a Chinese release of Super Smash Bros. Ultimate or Splatoon 2?

also interesting Capcom isn’t a Tencent AAA partner...

Dark Bagel

Smash Ace
I could honestly care less what people think about FE and more FE characters in Smash. As long as they're fun and look cool, I'm down.
A lot more people could use this line of thinking as it relates to Smash newcomers. Too many people get REALLY hung up on new arrivals because it wasn't their favorite, or because they apparently had enough franchise reps to begin with. I think a lot of newcomer detraction in this regard is just a mix of taking things a bit too personally and looking towards the ideal roster in one's head. If one just takes a step back to breathe and try out a character without any preconceived notions in mind, they're more likely than not to genuinely enjoy their design and playstyle on their own merits, apart from whether they're a sword-wielder or a carnivorous houseplant.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
See I TOLD y’all Capcom would be shot down next!

you better run, Arcsys

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407

BlackInk

Smash Lord
Yeah it looks like we're getting a reveal at the Game Awards next week. Not expecting it to be someone too mindblowing (we did get a Cranky Kong reveal for Tropical Freeze at VGX 2013) but I'm looking forward to seeing who it is. Not entirely sure when during the show we'll see a reveal, but I'll be watching even if it means waiting for potentially at least an hour or two.

I'm hoping Smash Ultimate wins Fighting Game of the Year, especially considering the amount of effort put into it. Game of the Year is a stretch considering that it is going against Resident Evil 2 Remake and Death Stranding, but we can hope it wins.
I’m still expecting Kosmos, because Sakurai is biased for Monolith Soft (I doubt Xenoblade 1 is the game that introduces him to their games since he has been at a xenoblade concert). The choice of picking Rex mii and the narrative about it is seemingly random to include for a pass for 3rd parties, unless it’s some sort reference (think xenoblade 2). I expect the completion of the pass to have some Namco miis and the Rex mii costume available for purchase. The fact the Namco miis haven’t arrived yet is notable.

P.Kat

Smash Champion
In the same vein as Super Mario 64 and Sunshine with a little bit of Banjo-Kazooie mixed in. Highly recommend it, it came to Switch recently but AFAIK it doesn't have the second DLC yet.

tbh Snatcher Kid was like half the reason I did it, it's the best official costume in the game

Peace and tranquility should be a feature in all hard games
Sounds good, when the second DLC does drop, I'll play it, also that peace and tranquility Hat in Time video was really in the game? If so that pretty cool.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
See I TOLD y’all Capcom would be shot down next!

you better run, Arcsys
Assume what literally everyone says is true.

That leaves Sol Badguy, Ragna Bloodedge or Noel Vermillion, Byleth, and he who shall not be named

Lady Kuki

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PetraRal01
3DS FC
4854-7185-6306
we have a ton of interesting data around us. We just need to look for it. Although I do make jokes about playing bingo with 4chan leaks, we can still do that to connect information piece by piece. Some of the character boards around us have some kind of piece of information we are ignoring. Like the recent post in the hornet support board.
It's pretty interesting that Team Cherry is with other renowned companies, but Nintendo has always been pretty friendly to indie companies. It's nothing too special I think.

I definitely don't believe this signifies a Hollow Knight character in Smash either. Keep in mind, the dude is barely a year old. Wouldn't it be premature to make a game you're not even SURE will sell, only to try and ask Sakurai to bring them to Smash? Or heck, even if the game did become a success, shouldn't people wait a few more years to see if the game still holds up? Like... it's for that reason why Reimu's the only indie character I find possible.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom