• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
So it's not Capcom either?

BRUH WHO THE HECK IS FIGHTER 5?

You think they could be doubling dipping with a character from a company already in the pass (Sega, Square Microsoft, SNK)?

Either that, or it might be Three Houses time

I'm thinking the latter tbh

it's gonna be corrin all over again lol

Last edited:

Nemuresu

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3325-3200-4137
So someone in the Geno thread is saying fighter #5 is not from Capcom either: https://smashboards.com/threads/geno-♥♪-return-of-the-starsend-savior.446378/page-1914#post-23704994

I rarely visit the Geno thread so I don't know this person nor do I know if this NoA buddy of his is anything to go by, but I thought it was interesting nevertheless.
Guy has claimed to be in contact with Sabi and other insiders. While I doubt she'll come and verify it, I wouldn't be surprised if it's true. After all, it'd just mean Vergeben was right.

And that maybe Jon was actually teasing Arle all that time.

Seanapotamus

Smash Journeyman

Gamma Ray

Smash Apprentice
Guys I know there's probably still a bunch of likely companies fighter #5 could be from but could we actually be getting a first party character? I never considered it that likely but I'm starting to feel funny with all these deconfirmations happening.

That is assuming these deconfirmations are accurate of course.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Assume what literally everyone says is true.

That leaves Sol Badguy, Ragna Bloodedge or Noel Vermillion, Byleth, and he who shall not be named
1575517753115.png
1575517768152.png
1575517780444.png

Didn't feel like googling BlazBlue characters.

Well if Vergeben also says it isn't Capcom.

It's looking like the stage is set for her!
Another SEGA property? Eh, not a bad choice I guess.

Though I prefer Kiryu over Sakura.

D

Deleted member

Call me a mad-man, but if Fighter 5 turned out to be a 4th party pick I would not be shocked.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Guys I know there's probably still a bunch of likely companies fighter #5 could be from but could we actually be getting a first party character? I never considered it that likely but I'm starting to feel funny with all these deconfirmations happening.
Oh please I've been doing that for the first six months and you all called me crazy and insane for considering it.

But NOW is the time you begin to understand? :p

Nemuresu

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3325-3200-4137

I'm getting more open to first-parties and "already there characters" (essentially, anything like a Spirit or AT) each time someone shuts a company down.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
hollup, have we been sleeping on Konami this entire time?

COULD WE BE GETTING FROGGER OR BILL RIZER?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

It really is time, huh?

D

Deleted member

I'd rather take Waluigi's victory over being so so ****ing right with Porky.

He's in my goddamn signature after all, it's a worthy trade.
Again I don't expect it at all, but my pop-off at hard calling it would be one of biblical proportions
I'm basically riding on the outcry around his disconfirmation being large enough for them to reconsider him being unplayable

SNEKeater

Smash Master
Gonna wait and see what Verge has to say about this before 100% buying it. Bummer if it's accurate, though, was really pulling for Wright.
Same. While I guess it's true, I'm curious if Verge will say something about it soon.

If it's not Capcom then lmao, I don't know. I seriously don't think any company in the pass will double dip. If Verge confirms this the speculation will be interesting.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Konami reps, huh?

1575518151189.png

I've never been a fan of the cereal mascot design. Give me Bill if that's the endgame we have.

PK-remling Fire

Smash Ace
Welp, a lot of the fighters I was backing just got snapped. I legit thought it was going to be Wright so now I have legit no idea who it could be. I'm still in the camp that it's going to be a fighter from a series with no prior smash representation.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Woah woah wait a minute now didn't Konami already get some love in the fighter's pa-

oh **** they didn't
All they got was a goemon costume

that's it

I feel like we could get a whole lot more with a konami fighter

like an alucard swordfighter one makes way too much sense

D

Deleted member

You remember what I said about the people who thought it was Nakoruru last time right? :secretkpop:
You remember what I said about not giving a ****, right? I'm supporting my boy, do or die.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom