• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

It's also the one that had Banjo before Shinobi.
And Terry.
And Links Awakening 2D.
And Directs date.
And Pokemon stuff.
Wait there have been 2 different "NoA sources" this whole time what the **** is happening
LOUVfiG.jpg

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
It's also the one that had Banjo before Shinobi.
And Terry.
And Links Awakening 2D.
And Directs date.
And Pokemon stuff.
phoenix-distraught.gif

Just... Let me live in my delusions, please...

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
This ****'s flipping from one to side to another like we're cooking pancakes

I'm going to bed, hopefully they'll figure out the rights and wrongs by morning.

Lady Kuki

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PetraRal01
3DS FC
4854-7185-6306
I mean, you're right about Persona having a much longer history than the comparison would imply, but at the same time... I feel like this whole "not enough legacy" argument repeatedly gets brought up with indies more often than with other suggested series. Some of these indies have already made a pretty big impact during the short timespan they've been around. Why should we have to wait for Hollow Knight, or Cuphead, or Undertale, or whatever, to stop being "too young" to get in? The games are already good, and if they don't get remembered all that well in the future... the worst that can happen is that people in the future will look at them being in Ultimate with the same befuddlement that more casual audiences have towards characters like Captain Falcon and Ice Climbers. It's not like they're gonna have to carry the characters over to Smash 6 if it turns out that the games were flukes in their developers' carers.
Because fads are definitely a thing and it happens all the time with indie games since the field is so competitive.
Honestly, if we do get an indie character, it's a whatever thing for me. I am fully open to the fact that I may be wrong and that maybe Nintendo will open the door for indie chars in Smash as a way of saying "thank you". At this point, I'm just gonna have to agree to disagree. I'm personally picky about what types of third parties get in and usually the younger they are, the more hesitant b/c of how out of place it looks, ya know?

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
I mean, for all it's worth, IT COULD BE WRONG.
I just feel safe to say that it's not BS.

Just keep that in your mind, to get your hope in check and wait for another double checking, whenever it's Verge or Sabi's higher source

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Wait there have been 2 different "NoA sources" this whole time what the **** is happening
View attachment 250060
If I recall, the source who made all the other disconfirmations is a more-recent source, while Sabi has known his NoA source from E3 and before for at least a year or more; the same dude who talked to Nazyrus.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

If Capcom's getting deconfirmed, I'm gonna empathize with the Phoenix fam so hard...since as a Darkstalkers supporter we're technically on the same boat.

That being said, we're in a curveball right now.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Damn...I really was hoping it'd be time. I'll wait til what Verge says, but it was fun while it lasted.

Still plenty of great potential picks. I'm leaning Sora, personally. Hopefully Phoenix will be post-pass along with Dante. :nifty:

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I mean, for all it's worth, IT COULD BE WRONG.
I just feel safe to say that it's not BS.
How much percentage is in that 'could' before I pass the **** out

Last edited:

BlackInk

Smash Lord
Because fads are definitely a thing and it happens all the time with indie games since the field is so competitive.
Honestly, if we do get an indie character, it's a whatever thing for me. I am fully open to the fact that I may be wrong and that maybe Nintendo will open the door for indie chars in Smash as a way of saying "thank you". At this point, I'm just gonna have to agree to disagree. I'm personally picky about what types of third parties get in and usually the younger they are, the more hesitant b/c of how out of place it looks, ya know?
Hollow Knight is surprisingly consistent and deadly. I think it only has a few worthy competitors against it in the indie field.

PK-remling Fire

Smash Ace
Okay, okay, here's the total list so far, excluding companies already represented:

Nintendo
- Byleth
- Porky
- Akira Howard

Konami
- Pyramid Head
- Frogger
- Bill Rizer
- Gradius

ArcSys
- Sol Badguy
- Ragna the Bloodedge
- Noel Vermillion

Sony
- Parappa the Rapper
- Nathan Drake
- Kratos
- Sackboy
- Literally anyone exclusive to Sony, easily the most comprehensive list (Ratchet, Jak, Sir Daniel, etc.)

is there anyone major that we're missing here
He might fall in with the Sony crowd, but don't go sleeping on my boy Spyro

Plank08

Smash Lord
Guys.
Out of my top 20 list.
The only one that hasn’t been deconfirmed in a way has been sackboy.
I’m not even joking.
Sakurai, if your listening, this would be the biggest come back story you’ve ever seen

D

Deleted member

I play Pot of Greed.

This card allows me to deconfirm two more companies.
You just activated my Trap Card. Magic Jammer. This card allows me to discard one wishlist of mine to negate your Pot of Greed.

Sorry Darkstalkers, This one's for the Phoenix fam.

Guys.
Out of my top 20 list.
The only one that hasn’t been deconfirmed in a way has been sackboy.
I’m not even joking.
Sakurai, if your listening, this would be the biggest come back story you’ve ever seen
This'll be Mineski caster level of hype.

Last edited by a moderator:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
If a fire extinguisher to the head, a speeding car, and falling off a ravine couldn't kill him, what makes leakers think they can?

Last edited:

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
How much percentage is in that 'could' before I pass the **** out
I don't know. Everyone is human, and no one is perfect-
But I feel especially confident in that person, because she doesn't want to do us dirty, but just stop people from being so...toxic about DLC.

Plank08

Smash Lord
You just activated my Trap Card. Magic Jammer. This card allows me to discard one wishlist of mine to negate your Pot of Greed.

Sorry Darkstalkers, This one's for the Phoenix fam.

This'll be Mineski caster level of hype.
If sackboy somehow got in smash I would cry tears of joy, type my reactions live while TGA is happening, change my PFP to his render, cry, tell all of you I told you so, cry, thank the gods, and never ask for anything ever again.

D

Deleted member

While you guys are busy tossing stuff left and right about what's real and what's not, I'm going back to work. See you guys later.

Banado_Boy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Banado_Boy
Switch FC
SW-3619-0087-7500
Dovahkiin, Elma, Ragna (or Sol; I just want Ragna more lol), Reimu, Sora, Steve, even ****ing Kratos. These are the ones I’m keeping my eyes on for Fighter #5, if these deconfirmations are to be believed. Still want it to somehow end up being KOS-MOS, but the Vergeburger said no Namco...

BlackInk

Smash Lord
If sackboy somehow got in smash I would cry tears of joy, type my reactions live while TGA is happening, change my PFP to his render, cry, tell all of you I told you so, cry, thank the gods, and never ask for anything ever again.
He’ll never be in smash. They will never buff stage maker.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom