• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlackInk

Smash Lord
Dovahkiin, Elma, Ragna (or Sol; I just want Ragna more lol), Reimu, Sora, Steve, even ****ing Kratos. These are the ones I’m keeping my eyes on for Fighter #5, if these deconfirmations are to be believed. Still want it to somehow end up being KOS-MOS, but the Vergeburger said no Namco...
Vergeben is incredibly inconsistent and Sabi seems to show some doubts about Veg’s claims about Namco and level 5 deconfirmations.

ErenJager

Smash Champion
Calling it now, Sabi and Verge back the NoA leaker as credible, without knowing anything.
Then receive credit for the leak, even though all they did was piggy back someone else leak.

Gold Lannister

Smash Cadet
Let's not forget Geralt from The Witcher.

even more so that he is present in crossovers like daemon x machina recently, as well as soul calibur.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
So... Capcom and Wright might not be out of the running yet...
image0.png

Sabi just being jumpy as usual. He just didn't check the freaking Private chat room where NoA and I am among others the moment NoA told us "no capcom", lol.

OUCH that sabi says he doesnt talk to me… oh well, i see how it is, lol ( I dont care to be honest, good luck to him if so, I'm still connected to the NoA source regardless as you all should know by now, Sabi even vouched here in smashboards WAY back when he still talked to me, that I am INDEED part of the private chat group, so it shouldn't be news that whenever I share something here, it comes from NoA, unless I explicitly make clear i'm speculating. When I said "no capcom" and I literally said "FROM OUR NOA BUDDY", I'm definitely NOT speculating, DUH. No hard feelings Sabi if you're reading this, just don't be like that please ;-)

Also… NoA is just as reliable as Sabi's other source. We all know that, since he gave us Link's awakening and Banjo picture hints in the past, among other stuff. I feel like it should be noted, cause he kinda made it sound like his non NoA source is "more" reliable, when really it's just AS reliable, rather.

Update: Sabi and I are cool with each other and he explained he didn't mean to word it that way. So please don't go hard on him, the dude is just going through hard times at the moment. Peace! :ness:

Last edited:

Sysreq

Smash Ace
I have to say though, just got caught up and if Capcom is deconfirmed, I'm just along for the ride at this point lol I already didn't have an idea (except maybe Phoenix or Sora) and now I'm just like ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Should be an interesting reveal!

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
....Marvelous is still in the running......can we get some Harvest Moon Story of Seasons hype in there?

D

Deleted member

Tbh guys idk if sora is 5. Don’t get me wrong he would be fitting for a game awards reveal and Disney is easy but I just feel like he’s not next, maybe post pass?
Vergeben is incredibly inconsistent and Sabi seems to show some doubts about Veg’s claims about Namco and level 5 deconfirmations.
Still in denial I see?

D

Deleted member

I have to say though, just got caught up and if Capcom is deconfirmed, I'm just along for the ride at this point lol I already didn't have an idea (except maybe Phoenix or Sora) and now I'm just like ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Should be an interesting reveal!
Same, though I am more inclined to...you know. female characters

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
Greetings from the Geno thread! Just hopping in because Papagenos was kind enough to give me further clarification about Sabi's statement

1575522273046.png

1575522299000.png

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
If Capcom is really out, then that is bittersweet for me.

On one hand, that would mean no Phoenix for me.

On the other hand, more competition for Monokuma may have potentially been knocked out.

In a perfect world, we would have both of them.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
I'm also not feelin' Sora on FP5, but I'll be extremely shocked if he isn't one of the post-pass/season two characters. I expect him at this point, and honestly, he'd make a lot of people happy.

I'm expecting someone NO ONE could have ever seen coming. Is Burt the Bashful now Burt the Smashful?!

Last edited:

BlackInk

Smash Lord
Tbh guys idk if sora is 5. Don’t get me wrong he would be fitting for a game awards reveal and Disney is easy but I just feel like he’s not next, maybe post pass?

Still in denial I see?
Oh shut up. You’re so biased against Kosmos that you want to destroy anything that supports her in any significant way. Your buzzword has the amount of meaning as the toilet paper in my bathroom.

JustMyself13

Smash Journeyman
Greetings from the Geno thread! Just hopping in because Papagenos was kind enough to give me further clarification about Sabi's statement

View attachment 250068

View attachment 250069
This begs the question, why is Sabi skeptical? If Naz is correct in saying that this source got Banjo, Terry, and a whole lot of other things, what does Sabi know that we don’t that would cause him to doubt this claim of “no capcom?”

Last edited:

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I would hate to see this place if the Game Awards comes and goes without any Smash announcements......

But my curious “see the world burn” mind kind of what’s to know how it would all go down....

SKX31

Smash Master

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
Can someone please give me a quick rundown? Is Capcom deconfirmed or not?

Because both sources have major credibility to them in my eyes.

D

Deleted member

I would hate to see this place if the Game Awards comes and goes without any Smash announcements......

But my curious “see the world burn” mind kind of what’s to know how it would all go down....
Just give me fun announcements or at least Metroid Prime Trilogy Switch and I am fine.

Ovaltine

Smash Master

I'll honestly laugh my ass off if that happens... albeit belated because the VGA's tend to put me to sleep. :drshrug:

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797

The rundown is we don't know. The source Naz has is credible, there's no doubt, but it's not the same source Sabi and Verge have been using for FP5 specifically. So it's possible that Naz's source doesn't actually know FP5, and it's equally possible they're telling the truth and Capcom is dead.

We're waitin' for Sabi or Verge themselves to say something on the matter now.

Droodle

Smash Lord

Most likely, Sabi probably doesn't feel like they are 100% sure yet so they aren't saying anything. Remember, if Sabi is wrong; they have the most to lose out of anyone.

The source is still really accurate.

So consider this like a typical AA case where Phoenix has a 90% of losing, but still may be able to turn it around.

It's probably better to assume that Capcom is out though.

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
The rundown is we don't know. The source Naz has is credible, there's no doubt, but it's not the same source Sabi and Verge have been using for FP5 specifically. So it's possible that Naz's source doesn't actually know FP5, and it's equally possible they're telling the truth and Capcom is dead.

We're waitin' for Sabi or Verge themselves to say something on the matter now.
Is the Naz source the NOA one? The one that got Links Awakening and Banjo correct?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Honestly either tommarow or sooner I’m expecting verge to shoot down asw and sora
That’s just me

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
We'll only know if there's a smash reveal at VGAs is if we hear from VR Plant a few days before it happens.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I highly doubt Naz’s source from the private discord, whom is also Sabi’s longtime source, is lying. They’re also good at making sure they don’t have leakbait.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom