• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Newbie Mafia #2: CAN THE NEWBIES STEP UP AND PLAY A SUCCESSFULE GAME?

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
But yeah, I think the others should actually come in and say something, it's kind of annoying having ghosts, because that's some obviously shady behaviour.

XACE-K

Smash Master
But yeah, I think the others should actually come in and say something, it's kind of annoying having ghosts, because that's some obviously shady behaviour.
Agreed. Especially Sly Fox. But his ghost-ness might be so extreme that Macaman might have possibly given him the following role.

James Bond with Extreme Jaw Ache (a.k.a. Lurker): You have the ability to investigate players (sanity guaranteed), protect them, and kill them, and may do all three every night. However, you have such bad jaw ache that if you post once the pain will overwhelm you and you will die.
Found here. And yes, that's a joke too.

XACE-K

Smash Master
Problem Sleuth, Ace D*** (yes, that's his name), and Pickle Inspector fight for JUSTICE and to solve mysteries! Haven't you read any of the MS Paint Adventure comics?

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
Page Break Vote Count:

[1]Airgemini: Teran,
[1]Kbunny: Ace
[1]Mentosman: Mentosman
[1]SkylerOcon: Tusm
[9] not voting: SkylerOcon, Dekuu, KBunny, Airgemini, Zero Beat, Sly Fox, Marshigo, Pierre

It takes 7 votes out of 13 to lynch.
The deadline has been set for the last second of the 31st of July.

The Phazon Assassin

Smash Champion
Let me announce that my Internet is back, so I'll be around more often. Now that that's settled, on to business.

And before anyone jumps on that thinking I'm mafia, it's a joke.
Mmmm hmmmm. Prove it.

Why is Airgemini so quiet about this?
Air was rather quiet in the last game, and it ended up costing us a townie. The same could be said here, but if he's not going to defend himself, even if these are joke votes, I say it's not a HORRIBLE idea to get rid of him now so he's not a nuisance later. I'm just saying...

I noticed Skyler hasn't responded to my vote, maybe he's not worried. Whatever the situation may be, I'm going to Unvote him for now.

Also, KevinM has been posting a lot of quick one liners, which vary from helpful to just plain stupid. It's not the worst thing in the world, but short posts make it look like you're trying to not give anything away.

I'd like to hear a lot more from Zero, Bunny, TUSM, and Marshy.
Vote: KevinM

Well, I gave you what I got, now it's your turn.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Let me announce that my Internet is back, so I'll be around more often. Now that that's settled, on to business.

Mmmm hmmmm. Prove it.

Air was rather quiet in the last game, and it ended up costing us a townie. The same could be said here, but if he's not going to defend himself, even if these are joke votes, I say it's not a HORRIBLE idea to get rid of him now so he's not a nuisance later. I'm just saying...

I noticed Skyler hasn't responded to my vote, maybe he's not worried. Whatever the situation may be, I'm going to Unvote him for now.

Also, KevinM has been posting a lot of quick one liners, which vary from helpful to just plain stupid. It's not the worst thing in the world, but short posts make it look like you're trying to not give anything away.

Vote: KevinM

Well, I gave you what I got, now it's your turn.
Helpful to just plain stupid?

Really now, have you been ranking my numerous one liners, because that's a rather big and general blanket statement. Don't open a can of worms your not ready for my friend. I'm not about to post huge sweeping essays when a third of the game hadn't posted yet and the discussion thus far had been Pierre being the super serial day 1 player and the Air joke vote which subsequently I've dropped.

I however would like everyone to take a look at this sentence right here

TUSM said:
townie. The same could be said here, but if he's not going to defend himself, even if these are joke votes, I say it's not a HORRIBLE idea to get rid of him now so he's not a nuisance later. I'm just saying...
These are the exact tells and sayings people should be looking for. I called Teran out on it and now I'm calling TUSM out on it.

Remember this people.

There is NO such thing as a useless townie. If you're getting scum vibes from them by all means drop a vote on them. but to breadcrumb the idea that a lynch wouldn't be a bad idea just because if he's scum hooray and if he's not then we're losing nothing is a falsity. By losing a player we've lost his vote, and the vote is the most powerful tool a town member has.

Use it and abuse it but don't kill off your votes, a player can be bent to your will if you're a good enough player but thats not going to help at all if you kill him D1 because "He's quiet and not that much of a loss"

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
These are the exact tells and sayings people should be looking for. I called Teran out on it and now I'm calling TUSM out on it.
Called me out on what?
Me messing around until everyone shows up to do more than confirm is standard fare, Kevin.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Just remembered.

Unvote: Air

Vote: Barack Obama

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
Right now, I find Kawaii most suspicious. First for bandwagoning on the Air vote. Second, for unvoting Air after you pointed out his vote was poor.
right i'm wondering if this is genuine or not. if kawaiibunny wanted to bandwagon air why would she unvote? seems like there's little pressure to unvote air because no one had questioned kevin or teran when their votes were on. this is weird because her unvoting air was a good move and you're discouraging that by saying that's part of your reasoning.

do you think it's suspicious that kevin also unvoted air after pierre discouraged the air jokevotes?

dekuu are you going to answer pierre's questions?

air i'm hoping you're more vocal this time around. being quiet in newbie mafia 1 made you hard to trust and you had good suspicions that you didn't elaborate on which would've helped us

flordia are you the serial killer/survivor?

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
Pierre's oh so requested questions:

Dekuu, did you take my recommendation and read Newbie Game #1? How important do you think is it to discuss our Day 1 lynch? How long do you personally think we should take in making our decision? Do you suspect anyone right now?
1. I am currently doing it.
2. Very important.
3. Til we reach the deadline
4. I really don't know what to say about this. Quiet people are the main suspects right now in my opinion, but at the same time the intelligent player will try to act as townie and ask the lamest questions here, right now. hint hint.

XACE-K

Smash Master
right i'm wondering if this is genuine or not. if kawaiibunny wanted to bandwagon air why would she unvote? seems like there's little pressure to unvote air because no one had questioned kevin or teran when their votes were on. this is weird because her unvoting air was a good move and you're discouraging that by saying that's part of your reasoning.

do you think it's suspicious that kevin also unvoted air after pierre discouraged the air jokevotes?
Well she unvoted after Pierre discouraged the jokes votes. But right now, I don't really find anyone suspicious because of the inactivity of some people. So,

Unvote

As for Kevin, I originally thought he could be mafia but his response to TUSM has me thinking otherwise for now.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
Mid Page Vote Count:

[1]Teran: Skyler
[1]KevinM: Tusm
[11] not voting: Mentosman, Dekuu, KBunny, Airgemini, Zero Beat, FLO RIDAAAA, Marshigo, Pierre, KeivnM, Teran, Ace

It takes 7 votes out of 13 to lynch.
The deadline has been set for the last second of the 31st of July.

Florida

イーグランツ
@marshy No, I am not the Serial Killer or Survivor.

It's hard jumping into a game and trying to catch up. I'm glad we're still on day one. So far, I don't have much thought, but I get the scummiest vibe from XACE-K up until now.

You have got to be kidding me.

You can't base who is mafia and who is town based upon there username. Also, you shouldn't vote too quickly. There should be discussion first, then you can vote.
This is too much of a reaction from a joke vote. Either he doesn't understand the RVS, or he's being totally defensive over a vote on him.

Vote: XACE-K

He joke voted me because he thought my username would be a name of a robot, to go along with the androids taking over theme.
OMGUS?

Then there's that theory of his where all of the joke voters on Air are Mafia. I don't know, it just seems a bit too early to push anyone as being scum.

And before anyone jumps on that thinking I'm mafia, it's a joke.
But jokes are entirely ruined once explained. :'[

@Teran17 Why are you still joke voting?

Florida

イーグランツ
I'm just saying, don't you think it's time that you drop the jokes and start contributing to the discussions going on? How about answering some questions?

Do you have any suspicions thus far? Who is the scummiest in your mind?
What do you think about XACE-K? Scummy or newbie?
Who to you seems the most town-like thus far?

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
I'm just saying, don't you think it's time that you drop the jokes and start contributing to the discussions going on? How about answering some questions?

Do you have any suspicions thus far? Who is the scummiest in your mind?
What do you think about XACE-K? Scummy or newbie?
Who to you seems the most town-like thus far?
Oh is that so?
Ok then tough guy your wish is my command.

1) Not at this moment no. Some haven't even bothered to say a word yet, and I'd rather not go to any conclusions without the whole picture. Who's the scummiest in my mind? Well... I could say it's you or Pierre the Scarecrow. Your aggressive nature so early on seems somewhat fishy, no? Sure it's good to be somewhat aggressive to have a greater chance of weeding out scum, but your aggressive natures seem more in line with wanting to shift the focus on others to protect yourselves from suspicion.

2) That is indeed, a profound question. From what I've seen so far, I'm going with newbie. What say you?

3) The most town like thus far? Sorry, I don't answer iffy questions like that, it serves no purpose whatsoever. The parameters for acting "town", what are they? Not acting suspicious? Well that's all there is, and quite frankly, there isn't much to go on at this present time apart from joke votes and LRN2PLAY n00b!!!

Tell me, what is our primary objective? To lynch the scum. How do we do that? Cooperation. Yes, cooperation, not attacks on people where you grasp at straws to find something, not unnecessary belittlement. No, it's cooperation that we need.

Was that enough, or do you want my lifelong thesis on Scumology too?

Florida

イーグランツ
Oh is that so?
Ok then tough guy your wish is my command.

Was that enough, or do you want my lifelong thesis on Scumology too?
Why so stiff about answering some small questions? This entire game revolves around asking questions, answering questions, and discussing what's been said. Get used to taking in a lot more questions; they're well on their way.

1) Not at this moment no. Some haven't even bothered to say a word yet, and I'd rather not go to any conclusions without the whole picture. Who's the scummiest in my mind? Well... I could say it's you or Pierre the Scarecrow. Your aggressive nature so early on seems somewhat fishy, no? Sure it's good to be somewhat aggressive to have a greater chance of weeding out scum, but your aggressive natures seem more in line with wanting to shift the focus on others to protect yourselves from suspicion.
You're saying that my two posts so far were meant to direct suspicion off of me? What suspicion could there have possibly been to redirect from the first post I made? I'm starting out "aggressive" because I jumped in late, and I need to catch up more by stirring discussion.

2) That is indeed, a profound question. From what I've seen so far, I'm going with newbie. What say you?
Hmmm, I don't know, really. I'm really in-between on that one, so thanks for letting me know what you thought.

3) The most town like thus far? Sorry, I don't answer iffy questions like that, it serves no purpose whatsoever. The parameters for acting "town", what are they? Not acting suspicious? Well that's all there is, and quite frankly, there isn't much to go on at this present time apart from joke votes and LRN2PLAY n00b!!!
Just know that all questions serve a purpose, even silly ones. If the answer doesn't bring up much to talk about, then at the very least the reaction to the question can always be observed. Also, the purpose of this question is just to get your thoughts out; you haven't said much so far besides jokes, so let us know what you're thinking.

Let me rephrase the question: Who do you think has been the greatest help to the town so far?

Tell me, what is our primary objective? To lynch the scum. How do we do that? Cooperation. Yes, cooperation, not attacks on people where you grasp at straws to find something, not unnecessary belittlement. No, it's cooperation that we need.
What's there to cooperate on this early in the game? Until we get more information--which we can only get by asking questions and bringing up thoughts--there's nothing to work together on. Yes, our main objective is to lynch the scum, but that involves a lot more steps before we can just "cooperate."

The Phazon Assassin

Smash Champion
It's too quiet in here. What's that term you guys use, prodding people? Yeah, do that.

Also, XACE has been dodging a lot of questions. I'm watching you......

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Xace seems a bit suspicious to me as well. Though, I think it's newbie playing, and I don't think he's trying to hide anything.

XACE-K

Smash Master
Also, XACE has been dodging a lot of questions. I'm watching you......
I'm pretty sure that all questions that have been directed towards me, I've answered. If it's the ones Florida has asked, I'm about to answer them.

This is too much of a reaction from a joke vote. Either he doesn't understand the RVS, or he's being totally defensive over a vote on him.
If you followed Newbie #1, I was the first lynched due to poor play and hasty playing by others, yet I was townie. Seeing that 1 vote on me made me think it would happen again.

Then there's that theory of his where all of the joke voters on Air are Mafia. I don't know, it just seems a bit too early to push anyone as being scum.
I found it suspicious at the time. Now, I'm not entriely sure who's mafia.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
vote: Florida

You're play style so far hasn't proven to fit inline with what I know of you. *shrugs* It's all I've got but I'm fairly suspicious of you.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
FAILchion replaces Kbunz

not really feeling all these replacements so early in the game. -_- Don't sign up to play if you are not going to stay committed.

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
FAILchion replaces Kbunz

not really feeling all these replacements so early in the game. -_- Don't sign up to play if you are not going to stay committed.
Well it's Newbie Mafia after all.

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
Even so, commitment is still commitment. It applies to basically anything. :/
I know, but it still should be taken into consideration (I'm not saying it should be tolerated though, bear that in mind). People playing this might not be used to it.

Top Bottom