• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Newbie Mafia #2: CAN THE NEWBIES STEP UP AND PLAY A SUCCESSFULE GAME?

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Haha so I was off by 1, it was Marshy, TUSM, and Omni, not Kevin etc. Well, gg guys:) (and if you don't get that, I'm saying I'm miller and I'm already hammered)

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
DAY Start Vote Count:

[3] Mentosman: MenoUnderwater, Omni, Marshy
[2] not voting: Tusm, Mentosman

With 5 alive it took 3 to lynch.

Oh, hai guys. I figured out that without a doubt that man is an android! Everyone turns to look at the man. He had no chance. He was tore to piece before he could even utter a word.

Mentosman.

[Vanilla Townie AKA THE MILLER] has been slayed.

SEND ME NIGHT ACTIONS FOOLS

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
And lying on the floor, drenched in a pool of blood is MenoUnderWater [Town-alligned Cop]. The remaining 2 androids arise. If you could see the unhumanly look in their eyes, you would hate them so much it'd be unreal.

Night Ended.

They surround the last remaining human. He valiantly pulls out the large machete he has somehow been hiding throughout this entire ordeal. But it wasn't enough. He maybe could have taken on one android, but 2 was way too much for him to handle. They easily killed him.

Tusm,
[Serial Killer] has been killed.(during end game).

Their work here was done. Marshy and Omni. were ready and willing to take over the world.

MAFIA WIN!

gg to all

Town:

4. Dekuu - Town
6. Ace Riddle - Town
8. 0 Beat KirbYoshi - Town
9. Teran - Town
10. SlyFox Florida - Town
11. (dGamer)KevinMafia - Town

12. (dGamer)Mentosman - Miller

5. Pierre - Doc

7. airgemini MenoUnderwater - Cop

Mafia:

3. KBunny Failchion InfernoOmni - Goon
13. (dGamer)Marshigo - Goon

2. SkylerOcon - RB

Independent:

1. TUSM - SK

Night1:
Doc Protect: Marshy
Cop Investigate: Pierre
Mafia Kill: Pierre
Mafia Roleblock: AirGemini
SK Kill: Dekuu

Night2:
Cop Investigate: Mentos
Mafia Kill: Riddle
SK Kill: SylerOcon

Night3:
Cop Investigate: Tusm
Mafia Kill: Teran
SK Kill: Teran

Night4:
Cop Investigate: Marshy
Mafia Kill: Meno
SK Kill Meno:

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
a few thoughts:

skyler's death was kind of a relief but worried us at the same time. a lot of our play was based around protecting him because of all the lurking. pierre and riddle were not only good kills because they were smart but also because they didn't relent on skyler. we kinda wanted to throw him under the bus but he was the roleblocker

we were considering killing kevin and mentos at first but decided differently because of the skyler situation, pierre dominating, and worry over it looking bad if i was the only "vet" to not be nightkilled

with kbunny blatantly wagoning at the beginning, falchion lurking/being inactive, and skyler lurking i really planned for the worst and expected to be alone at endgame. omni was a good partner

pierre was awesome and i wish he played more games here because he's fun to play with and better than most of the regulars. he had kbunny/omni and skyler pegged at certain points and it was clear to me he'd pin them sooner or later. definitely town mvp and i think this may've gone much differently had he been able to keep playing. play more swfmafia

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
Tusm :mad:

Althought I was killed N1, I kept following the game ever since...GG?

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
Good game. Omni/Marshy team is scary. I didn't like how I was replaced so I had to come in "young and dumb". After a while, Pierre took the bait and I don't think I was a suspect for the rest of the game.

Mentos: Well played man. HORRIBLE luck for you to be Miller on your end. I wanted to kill you N3, but we agreed to just kill Teran instead. The incident with turning you against Kevin was perfect for us.

TUSM: Your kills were all over the place. Kill on Teran? Then on Meno? Confused. We had you pegged Day 3.

Meno: Not sure what was up with that battlecry at the end. Figured you were SK so in order to prevent an SK/Mafia win, we went after you. Turns out you were cop Whaaa?

Pierre: Awesome start. Had to get rid of you early. Did my act help me to move off your radar?

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Honestly, I was bored. And seeing as town lost already, maybe we'd get away with some crazy miraculous win just by my statement (it involved a kooky Vigilante scenario) . :p

Actually, my biggest mistake was that I actually got a guilty investigation on Mentos the second Night and didn't claim. I decided that if we lynch him anyway due to his obvious suspicions, why waste the Cop so soon? I retract my vote to hammer later, but Omni's too fast for me. Sorry guys. >____>

GG regardless. Needs less lurking though.

Omni

BRoomer
I retract my vote to hammer later, but Omni's too fast for me.
7:36:45 PM Marshy: DON'T SWARM OMNI
7:37:24 PM Omni: ?
7:37:27 PM Marshy: dude look at his post
7:37:38 PM Marshy: don't kneejerk and vote him though
7:37:47 PM Marshy: notice something important:
7:38:06 PM Marshy: he has an inno on someone but didnt give away the goods immediately
7:38:16 PM Omni: Marshy
7:38:21 PM Marshy: can't one of us jump on him for that?
7:38:25 PM Omni: NO
7:38:27 PM Marshy: no DON'T pounce vote >: (
7:38:36 PM Omni: GIVE ME
7:38:37 PM Omni: ONE GOOD REASOn
7:38:42 PM Omni: WHY WE SHOULDNT POUNCE VOTE
7:38:46 PM Marshy: omni
7:38:48 PM Marshy: i'm telling you
7:38:51 PM Marshy: if you pounce vote
7:38:54 PM Marshy: i will not
7:38:58 PM Marshy: and you will die and look ********

7:42:25 PM Omni: in a vig setup, we still win
7:42:31 PM Omni: in an sk setup, we still win
7:42:34 PM Omni: LETS POUNCE
7:42:38 PM Marshy: wait
7:42:53 PM Omni: NO MAN
7:42:55 PM Omni: TUSM JUST SAID
7:43:01 PM Omni: SUGGESTED TO UNVOTE
7:43:05 PM Omni: we need to pounce mother****er
7:43:06 PM Omni: come on!
7:43:28 PM Marshy: fine let's go. don't admit youre scum though
7:43:35 PM Omni: wait refresh one last time
7:43:43 PM Omni: or just do preview
7:43:43 PM Marshy: lol were good
7:44:06 PM Marshy: go go go
7:44:08 PM Omni: okay go go go
7:44:25 PM Omni: GO ****ER GO
7:44:26 PM Omni: GO ****ER GO
7:44:38 PM Marshy: done
7:44:43 PM Omni: Phew

The Phazon Assassin

Smash Champion
I was so upset that last kill happened so fast, I wasn't paying attention. I didn't care to look who exactly mentos was, so I assumed that Meno was lying.

Also, I sent my last kill to Omni by accident. It looks like they had already sent their vote, so it didn't matter.

in a nutshell, I screwed up......again.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
KevinMorrissey12 (5:23:34 PM): I'm so pissed I tunneled on Mentos
KevinMorrissey12 (5:23:36 PM): he's gotta be town
KevinMorrissey12 (5:23:40 PM): Its gotta be like
KevinMorrissey12 (5:23:47 PM): TUSM, Marshy Omni
KevinMorrissey12 (5:23:48 PM): idk how
KevinMorrissey12 (5:23:50 PM): or what they are
Yedispaghetti (5:23:51 PM): hahahha
Yedispaghetti (5:23:51 PM): yea
KevinMorrissey12 (5:23:52 PM): but **** all three
KevinMorrissey12 (5:23:54 PM): really?

I played like *** late game.

That's all I should have listened to what I thought.

I pinned y'all ****.

Doesn't excuse the poor play though.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
I got double the love.

No idea why, either.

Pierre the Scarecrow

Grasping at Straws
Congratulations to SkylerOcon, Omni, and Marshy for winning. In case you misinterpreted my /bah post, Macman, I did enjoy playing the game. I'm glad I played. But I heavily disagreed with your decision to allow ScumlerOcon to hammer Florida even after the deadline had passed mod-time. I also questioned whether or not you were sending out activity prods. But you regularly counted votes and the game was very fun.

Just a few things:

dumb play like this ruined town last game so might as well warn everyone
oh? xace-k i think pierre knows that. jokevotes is what gets discussion flowing. as long as bandwagons are avoided then it's fine
cop gets a guilty result on the miller. the miller doesn't know he's the miller because he gets a pm telling him that he's a vanilla. he doesn't have any night actions. the only difference is the cop getting a guilty result on him
totally agreed with pierre about the voting thing. and no the miller doesn't know that he is. he thinks he's a vanilla
eh i don't see how that's the case. mafia wouldn't kill them and be more focused on town because they'd at least have influence over the indy. if it was an sk then they'd see it as a tool to use for killing another townie during the night and if it was a survivor then they'd try to keep him until the endgame so they'd have another vote which could be big for them
right i'm wondering if this is genuine or not. if kawaiibunny wanted to bandwagon air why would she unvote? seems like there's little pressure to unvote air because no one had questioned kevin or teran when their votes were on. this is weird because her unvoting air was a good move and you're discouraging that by saying that's part of your reasoning.
Personally, I think that Marshy is the least likely to be an independent role. I cannot confidently say that I think he is town nor can I say I think he is mafia, but I do think he is neither a serial killer nor a survivor, based on some smaller things that he has said.
I know I said "based on the smaller things he's said" more than once in the thread, but I'm not going to go through again to find the other one. Basically, Marshy breadcrumbed that he was the doctor in the first letter of his first six posts. This led me to believe that he was either vanilla townie trying to soak up a night-kill by the mafia or he was the godfather trying to have a possible counter-claim against the Doc in lylo, under the situation where he had an innocent investigation under his belt, he could get an unlynchable lynched and win.

However, I died. I fully expected some of the more experienced players (judging from the game, Mentosman, KevinM) to go through what I said after I died, especially since I was the doctor. But they didn't notice my stance towards Marshy, and they didn't separately notice that he breadcrumbed doctor and when the doctor died he wasn't the doctor.

You're attitude pisses me off. Logical fallacy, my ***. It may not be the most obvious answer, but that's the reason I went after it.

Don't bother responding; I can care less about your almighty and bias view.
I thought this was not very conducive to friendly play. I never snapped at you, yet you snapped at me. I'm very sorry, InfernoOmni, but I do not think you are invited to my birthday party this year.

Well, I've thought about it. Florida definitely seems scummy to me, and having another D1 tomorrow will not help us.

Vote: Florida
I'm very downhearted that SkylerOcon was not lynched for this decision of his. He was literally gone for 7 days, then came back and hammered the lynch with a parrot's logic.

Good game to everyone. I guess I shouldn't have played the way I did as the doctor, because I was killed Night 1, but I really can't help the mafia's night choices.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
I knew Marshy or Kev had to be scum/sk, and that TUSM and Omni were likely the other two. Unfortunately, D3 put me in a predicament of knowing I would be lynched if I couldn't come up with a really convincing case, and Kevin was the one who gave me the best argument. I actually felt Marshy was scum over him, but I couldn't make as strong an argument on him as I was able to on Kev, and I figured 50/50 was better than, to me, 100% bad move.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
i didn't see much issue with your doc play pierre. we killed you because we thought you simply played the best. we expected the vanillas to be loud and doc/cop to stay quiet (hence our blocking air) so i think you hid yourself well. i was pretty annoyed that consecutively killing you, then kevin/mentos seemed like the best plan on n1 when i thought you were all vanillas/sk while skyler dug a hole for himself when his blocking was crucial to holding off the cop. and props for seeing the breadcrumb very few players would pick up on that

[01:01] infernoomni: i really want pierre dead
[01:01] Gac1113: yeah. you can tell he has a knack for these strategy games
[01:01] infernoomni: problem is
[01:01] Gac1113: i'm positive he's vanilla
[01:01] Gac1113: big doc target
[01:01] infernoomni: exacatly
[01:01] infernoomni: *exactly

also we thought tusm was sk for a while near endgame and were going to kill him but we kneejerked to meno's battle cry and thought it was him telling us "hey scum let's joint"

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
I was really hoping Teran wasn't killed. I was more certain that he was town than I almost ever am on someone, and was hoping I could get him with me(as well as the serial killer who would have HAD to go with town that vote) on a maf to put the two into a good ol prisoners dilemma and hope they both went for the other.

Omni

BRoomer
I thought this was not very conducive to friendly play. I never snapped at you, yet you snapped at me. I'm very sorry, InfernoOmni, but I do not think you are invited to my birthday party this year.

LOL. Sorry, friend. I came in at a bad position. I felt that if I didn't fold under the pressure as a newbie-townie-ready-to-give-it-his-all-through-pointless-calculations then I wouldn't be playing my part.

Also, Skyler hammering like that caught both me and Marshy by surprise. We were convinced we were screwed the next day, but thankfully the attention moved over elsewhere. But yeah, we were both very :mad: when we saw that post by Skyler.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Was this really Omni's first game? If so he was playing AMAZING considering that he was just a sub. I don't think I've seen anybody voting him even once. I think I've underrated him in the other mafia games...won't happen again. Good stuff @ you and Marshy.

:059:

Riddle

Smash Lord
Was this really Omni's first game? If so he was playing AMAZING considering that he was just a sub. I don't think I've seen anybody voting him even once. I think I've underrated him in the other mafia games...won't happen again. Good stuff @ you and Marshy.

:059:
Scum did a good job obviously, but Omni and Marshy did make some mistakes. Marshy got caugt by Pierre for his breadcrumbing, but Pierre got killed. Omni played way too wishy-washy in the beginning but fixed that. What I can't believe is that town/SK didn't jump on Omni for his hammer vote. That was the scummiest move of the game imo.

Pierre - You played well join more mafia.

Marshy + Omni - gg I wish I hadn't died earlier, because I could have contributed late game.

Tusm/Air - Unlucky results :sad:. You were like an insane cop almost with your luck. Inno on SK, Guilty on miller and roleblocked? Tough luck man(men).

Town - Why did you lynch Kevin? He was the most cleared town imo. If you've seen any of his other games thats how he always plays.

Florida/KirbYoshi - Try not to repeat the same mistakes. Mislynches really hurt town in this game.

Riddle - what a loser. Way to get NK'd.

Marshy - Way to screw up your breadcrumb by misspelling doctor......

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
To answer the town question Riddle, the only townie other than me who voted Kevin was Teran. And the reason I voted Kev I already said, as far as I was concerned, he was at least a 50/50 shot at scum, while I was a 0, and I found a way to pound an argument at him that could convince someone to vote with me.

Top Bottom