• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Newbie Mafia #2: CAN THE NEWBIES STEP UP AND PLAY A SUCCESSFULE GAME?

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
After reading through the thread again, I've come to think Kevin is the play.

Now I can't distinguish whether he's scum or SK, but he's shown himself to be progressively more anti-town. Thing is, deliberating over who's SK and who's scum will only lead us to who's shown themselves to be most anti-town, and since we can never truly be 100% sure until the deed is done, we just have to go with who's the most anti-town.

Whilst of course it would be beneficial to lynch the SK, all wouldn't be lost if we got scum. Personally, Kevin's increasingly hostile mentality and his desire to see a quick kill on seemingly anyone he can pinpoint does seem like a SK way of going forward. For example, TUSM does seem scummy, and Kevin has no issue with pushing on that. Personally I think TUSM is scum, and as SK, Kevin doesn't care who goes down, as long it isn't him. Therefore, he keeps the eyes of suspicion on him for the next round, but for now, since SK is the play, he has to find someone he can pin the SK badge on.

For this he chose mentos, who personally, I've found to be perhaps somewhat passive, but not enough for me to become suspicious enough. The thing that really sealed my opinion on Kevin was the fact that me just trying to just extend a bit of discussion, and think a bit more rather than hastily hammering, got me a FOS.

I wasn't impressed by that at all, I thought discussion was the key behind winning this game, but evidently Kevin thinks otherwise.

Ergo

Vote: KevinM

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
FOS: Teran
Another newbie question: FOS definition?

And I'm starting to agree with Teran. I see Mentos and TUSM as mafia, with Kevin as SK. The SK is our main target - mafia seems to be second priority.

Unvote: Mentosman

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
FoS=Finger of suspicion. It's just a way to show you suspect someone without actually voting them. It's used throughout games, although it comes in most useful at a point where town is at a lylo situation, as a misplaced vote can seal the deal, or when you have a number 1 suspect you are currently voting for but want to make your suspicion of another clear. Also, I would like to add, right now I'm thinking Kevin for SK and Meno/TUSM for scum most likely. I'm getting a townie read on Marshy and Teran right now, and that leaves them. Not to say nothing can change, but that's what I'm getting out of what I've seen so far.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Well I'm a townie at this point I think I would run the risk of lynching Mentos

With a TUSM/Menos pair.

Marshy your thoughts?

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
kevin mentos' post where he points out your seeming contradiction is making me consider dropping hammah along with thinking a mentos/tusm team. explanation or did you change your mind? if so what made you believe mentos is sk and not scum?

i need to see meno vote. air was useless and i want to see him take a stance by Day's end

Yeah, mentos has a vote on Kevin.

I honestly think someone should remove a vote from mentos. Anyone, mafia or SK can just come along and end toDay without a second thought.
In summation, KevinM and Teran are mafia, Mentos is th SK. And, just so I don't look like a wuss, I'm going to vote: KevinM.
I voted for Kevin to see his reaction, which doesn't really offer much. And, as I said, Mentos as the SK was really just a random guess. I mean, hunting for an indie role isn't the same as looking for mafia.
this is the same "mistake" that kevin made. tusm clear this up. who is sk?

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Yet you'll drop the hammer on the guy who hasn't exhibited a scum tell this game based on a minor mis step therefore losing the game instead of the guy who went ballistic when I mentioned him in a scum pairing.

Marshy I'm telling you this and I don't think I've ever said this in a mafia game.

If you drop hammer, you're going to lose this game.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Hopefully scum or SK won't quick hammer me, that would be the correct play in this case btw for if I'm still supposed to help new players here.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
ok. i've been thinking you're town for most of the game and have seen you get in trouble for phrasing things badly in other games as town. if mentos is somehow town then i'm going after you/tusm tomorrow

vote: mentos

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
I'll have my decision made by tonight. Before I do, I also want to hear what Menos thinks is the current play.

If I can't decide on either then I'll stay undecided.

The Phazon Assassin

Smash Champion
back-to-back posts defending mentos and their votes are on the same guy. i agree that tusm is definite anti-town and a mentos/tusm pairing makes a lot of sense right now

thenthis is the same "mistake" that kevin made. tusm clear this up. who is sk?
I never defended Mentos, I was just stating facts. If I had hammered Mentos and he flipped town, I would probably be gone the next Day, especially given the fact that there hadn't been much discussion.

If the mistake you're talking about is voting mafia instead of sk, then here's what I'm going to say. As I said in that posted you quoted, my guess at mentos as SK was just a shot in the dark. I only had one reason why he could've been SK, and it wasn't a strong one at that, I admit. I voted for Kevin to see what he would do/say, and I wasn't worried about a quicklynch because I felt strongly about him being mafia.

Also, I don't get how people are still saying I'm scum. At first, I understood where everyone was coming from, but now that everyone seems to think that Kevin isn't town, that he may even be the SK, the reasons for me being mafia are null and void, unless there's something else I'm missing here.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
TUSM, if Kevin is SK his suspicions hold just as much weight as town. Especially in a situation where if a scum is not lynched or night killed, SK loses. Now, Marshy, I actually missed that from TUSM, but he strikes me more as maf(once again, I believe partnered with Meno) so it doesn't change my opinion.

Also, you've got to love how Kevin keeps commenting on how maf should drop the hammer, when if maf tried to quicklynch it would lower their chances at a win tonight if Kevin flipped town.

Right now, I believe our best odds are Kevin today(and I don't see how Marshy is looking past him blatant calling me mafia, then changing his tune to me being SK as soon as it's mentioned) then TUSM tomorrow(almost everyone agrees him potential scum). If I do get lynched today, please keep that in mind if there's a winnable situation tomorrow(highly unlikely, but still slightly possible)

The Phazon Assassin

Smash Champion
TUSM, if Kevin is SK his suspicions hold just as much weight as town. Especially in a situation where if a scum is not lynched or night killed, SK loses. Now, Marshy, I actually missed that from TUSM, but he strikes me more as maf(once again, I believe partnered with Meno) so it doesn't change my opinion.
I understand this, that's not what I'm saying. Everyone thought I was mafia trying to remove our "Biggest threat" as Teran said, but now everyone is starting to see what I'm seeing. As far as I saw, that was the main reason I was seen as scummy. He was looking for a reaction, and I gave it to him. He used that as leverage, claiming that as an OMGUS, but since then, has just been sitting around, asking for other's opinions on random accusations. Now that the pressure is on, he's using the "I'm a DGamer, I have to stay" line, which, in my eyes, a desperate attempt to stay alive.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Rofl when in the **** did I say I'm a DGamer I have to stay alive, I said I'm town I have to stay alive.

Nice try ****er.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
TUSM you're just looking for nothing at this point.

I'm saying its in Scum/SK's best interest to hammer me at that point right away think about it. If I was SK the scum would MOST assuredly want to kill me. And if I was scum the SK can kill and get another free shot. Its that simple.

And you're saying I haven't been helpful since the beginning for new players but thats what put me on the chopping block D1 when I outed Marshy's plan.

Please dude you've lurked the entire game and the only time you posted was near end game when I called you out, and you want to try and pin it on me like I'm scummy. Sit down.

Omni

BRoomer
Vote and Hammer: Kevin

Mentos made very persuassive arguments near the end. Also, Kevin's play the entire game has been... strange. I can't put the fact that Kevin would be a great candidate for the SK past me.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
DAY END Vote Count:

[2]Mentosman:KevinM, Marshy
[4]KevinM: Tusm, Mentosman, Teran, Omni

[3] not voting: MenoUnderwater

Discussion was a bit slow this time around. People were unsure of what to do. There was only one man they found suspicious. They grilled and grilled him hard. But he stood up to the accusations with conviction.

The group started to speculate about a possible third party being involved. They decided that he should be the one they should seek out at the moment. Another man, very aggressive and assertive in his accusations was beginning to come under scrutiny. Why are you pushing so hard? they asked. It seemed to them as though he had an ulterior motive. They decided that he was the one that had to go.

This man, stunned at how soon the blame shifted onto him was caught off guard. He did not have time to block or prepare himself for the upcoming attack. It seemed like the group of people were out for blood this time. They began to attack and and claw at this mans skin. They beat and threw things at him. There was no escape from this torture. These men and women were desperate, and they had been through a lot that night. It seemed as though insanity got the best of them. They just wanted this cruel game to end. Soon they realized that they had gone too far, this man,
KevinM

[Vanilla Townie], had been beaten to death. They were to blind with anger and fear to see the blood escaping from his wounds and realize that he was indeed not an android. Each person looked down at the ground defeated. They knew what they had done, and it might have cost them.

And just on schedule, the lights flickered off. Noone was surprised this time.
They all knew what was coming, and a deep pounding dread filled them inside.

DAY 3 HAS ENDED.

SEND ME NIGHT ACTIONS!

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
The lights turn back on. A lone dead body lies on the floor. Teran[vanilla townie] has been slain. There were only a few of you remaining. You all knew that this deadly game was coming to a close. But would the androids be victorious?

DAY Start Vote Count:

[5] not voting: MenoUnderwater, Marshy, Omni, Tusm, Mentosman

With 5 alive it takes 3 to lynch.

Deadline has been set for the last second of September 18 EST.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Interesting... Double shot on Teran? Anyway, I know what's coming, at least if you plan to lynch me give me until I get home from work.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
I ****ing told you I was town!

*passes away*

The Phazon Assassin

Smash Champion
Well, this isn't great. the only things we got going for us is a double shot on Teran, keeping an extra townie alive, and our cop is still here. Please, tell us something. This is our final chance to actually accomplish something. the only mafia kill came from the SK, which is kinda disappointing.

I'm betting both me and Mentos are everyone's prime suspects, but honestly, I got nothing. Do what you have to do, and I'll suffer the consequences.

Omni

BRoomer
The play is definitely between you and Mentos; I'm really angry for hammering Kevin after having my vote on Mentos earlier. However, Kevin's endgame was weakening and Mentos was very persuassive.

I just did some math:

5 of us left:
- There are 2 Mafia members left.
- There is 1 SK left (chances of them being a stupid vig is extremely slim at this moment).
- There are 2 of us left.

The only reason why this game is not over is because of the incredibly lucky double shot on Teran lastnight. The only way we can still win is if we lynch MAFIA and avoid getting NK'ed (by some dumb luck SK kills the other Mafia member). If we lynch SK or Townie (obviously) we lose. Also, Macman told me that if 1 Mafia and 1 SK live they both win. Dumb.

I was pretty sure Mentos was originally SK, but after Kevin flipping town I'm almost 95% sure he is SK.

Therefore, TUSM, I believe you are the play. Two questions for you:

1.) Who do you think is SK and why?
2.) Our Cop (Pierre) died a long time ago, Tusm. What are you referring to?

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Ok, so I'll be honest here: this is the exact situation I was trying to avoid with my argument on Kevin yesterday. Right now, we have an SK and two maf remaining, and the ONLY way for town to win is if we lynch one maf today and the remaining maf and SK shoot each other overnight. Now, I guess I'd like to explain my push on Kevin yesterday, even though I know it almost assures my lynch.

Quite frankly, I was cornered town yesterday. I had to assume two kills at night, which would have been instant loss in almost every scenario. I had been close to just giving up, as can be seen in my earlier posts in the day. I started out just trying to explain what I saw as hard to defend accusations, and realized I had no chance to get the towns sight off me solely with my own defense. So, I altered my strategy to do something that is generally difficult: Look specifically for the SK. I knew it was our best chance, and I knew from my perspective ANY lynch was better odds than me. So, I started searching.

I also knew at that point, that if I was wrong it pretty much sealed the game. I had to make an argument, an argument that worked, and I had to make it hard. I usually hate the defense by deflection, but it was my only chance to prevent a mislynch. I had a good town read on Teran(for the wrong reasons, I had him as cop), and that left me with 5 main suspects. At that point, I began searching for an SK read. Kevin was the one I found the strongest argument for, and I knew I was going to need one hell of an argument to switch the lynch to someone who could be scum(once again, from my perspective, that was a key point).

I know the likely lynch today is me. As soon as I read Kevin's death scene, I pretty much knew if there was a tomorrow a gigantic target had been painted on my back. I'm just trying to make you guys realize that if I were mafia, the odds were still great if I got lynched. If I was SK, I wouldn't have pushed so hard for that lynch only to shoot someone I wasn't suspicious of knowing I had to shoot maf to guarantee a next day and I sure wouldn't no shoot with that huge target on my back.

I know that's all WIFOM, but it's what I have to say. There's no strong argument that makes me look good, I know that. I'm just hoping the cop will claim and realize that I'm not the best choice. The SK has to get maf lynched today to have a chance, and then it would come down to night where both parties best moves would be to shoot the other. Anyway, I've put my .02 in, so let's see what the cop has to say.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
And while I posted, I remembered that Omni and TUSM have both now confirmed to me they are maf and/or SK. I have a very solid idea on who is my other townie right now, and those two not claiming cop has put it to 50/50 if I'm right.

The Phazon Assassin

Smash Champion
Wow, no one has anything to say? I guess I'll break the silence.

I have no idea who anyone is honestly. Most of my/our predictions have been wrong, and guessing again wouldn't do anything.

Iunno, someone say something.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Well, this is the part where the cop claims. Judging from what I've seen so far, that means Marshy or Meno should be doing some claiming.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
Is anyone ever going to finish this game? I bet there are some people out there waiting for newbie mafia #3...

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Sorry, I've been away for Laborious Day plus school and blah.

Well, I'm the cop and I point out MENTOSMAN as an android!

I also have an innocent reading on someone if you guys care to know. So yea.

Vote: Mentosman

The Phazon Assassin

Smash Champion
I'd love to see who's innocent. I saw what happened in Newbie Mafia 1, and I want to make sure nothing fishy is going on.

If he's lying, and both non-town parties vote, we're screwed.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
finally we can kill mentos. ive been after him since d1

vote mentosman8

Top Bottom