• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Newbie Mafia #2: CAN THE NEWBIES STEP UP AND PLAY A SUCCESSFULE GAME?

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
Teran: I agree that your tone is very antagonistic, and you don't post much real content. If you're town, you're the most anti-town townie I've seen in my short Mafia career. :p
Read: Scum

And before I forget...

Vote: Teran
Kevin voted you because your overall post sucked.

I voted you because of your extremely horrible justification for voting Teran. I then specifically said that I will leave this vote on you until you justify yourself, which you never did. Instead, you have been wandering around throwing suspicions randomly and recasting votes every 5 minutes.

As Riddle said and as we have hinted, casting votes and placing suspicion on other people will not clear you of your really weird behavior. Initially, all you had to do was come up with a legit contribution on your speculations. During the process, instead of trying to strengthen your arguments you have just been pointing fingers at everyone who has pointed a finger at you. Your behavior has been suspicious enough to earn you 6 votes so voting the people who have voted for you because "they voted for you" is weak.

You need to worry less about a weapon and worry more about a defense.

I'm more worried about how easily you throw your votes around. Being irresponsible with your votes hurts us, and will make it easier for the mafia to sway your vote. Honestly, you seem to be more like a cornered SK rather then a cornered Mafia.

Kirbyoshi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
acme2491
So I suppose not seeing anything too very suspicious that hasn't been mentioned before is a scumtell? Let me know, because like I said, I'm still a n00b. But I'm tired of all of you making such a BS case on me. If I were scum, even as a n00b, I would not just throw around my vote looking for reactions and for something suspicious. That's what I've been doing, and I think I've been saying that for awhile now, but y'all's thick heads have gotten in the way.

Unvote Omni until I get y'all's permission to vote again.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Kevin, sorry it's taken me a while to get back to you on your question. Right now I'll go as far as to say my top suspicion is Kirb, and unless he comes up with something I'll likely hammer on him later in the day. So, as you requested(although I've always found this redundant) FoS: Kirbyoshi

Now, my other two suspects are harder to come up with. At the beginning of the day I was looking closely at Teran for his unwillingness to make a useful post, however he has gotten a bit better about it. Right now, he is still my second FoS until I see a consistent, extended effort to scum-hunt and be useful from him. Although, in all honesty, his play reminds me of how Stingers played in TNM, which is why I didn't push anything on him yet.

My third right now would have to be Skyler. He has been pretty lurky overall, after placing a hammer vote at the last minute D1. Those two things combined are suspicious enough I'll be looking to hear something good from him tomorrow.

Now, I've also got a couple of town reads on people, but I'm going to keep those to myself as it's pointless to put them out there.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
Page Break Vote Count:

[5]KirbYoshi: Tusm , KevinM, Omni, Teran, Riddle
[1]Mentosman: Marshy

[4] not voting: Mentosman, MenoUnderWater, Skyler, KirbYoshi

It takes 6 votes out of 10 to lynch.
The deadline has been set for the very last second of August 19th... EST

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Ok so I say we hammer him and if he flips town we lynch Mentos next game day.

And if he flips mafia we rework our strategy?

All in favor?

Omni

BRoomer
What? Why Mentos? I don't recall anything suspicious about his behavior up to this point.

Kirbyoshi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
acme2491
KevinM said:
Your wish washy generalizations don't do any more help then Airgemini being dead quiet.
This is a really short vote justification. Do you think you could make it a little more specific?

KevinM said:
It's anti town.

Although anti-town doesn't = scummy

it doesn't equal a town win. So I have no reason to lift my vote.
Wait, so your vote is on me, but it's not because I'm scummy? I don't follow you here...

Omni said:
Teran may have a bad attitude, but I don't believe he is scummy. Like, how stupid would that be to act like a jerk so you can gain bad rep and votes at the same time.
At the time I said that, there wasn't alot to go on, and what you qualified as stupid isn't unheard of (scum acting like jerks).

TUSM said:
Now, you , Kirbyoshi, are being attacked, and twice, you've tried to pass the buck. You're cracking under pressure, and that isn't good.
I don't recall cracking on page 25 at all (this post comes from near the end of page 25). Cracking is what happened to me above (sorry about that all, but now that I have it out of my system, I'm ready to really contribute). Also, when put under enough pressure, won't town crack as well?

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Why is every Vote Count always wrong? :laugh:

Mentos is highly suspicious. He never votes, yet he's always nudging his opinions. It also doesn't help he was one of the people to first agree to lynch Florida. Pierre was also highly suspicious of him before night came - and lo and behold he is murdered.

If Kirbyoshi flips Mafia, Mentos is the first I'm pointing at.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Meno, there's a problem with what you just said: I didn't vote until near the very end yesterday either, and that was on a townie. As I said to Marshy I'm playing my vote very safe in this game(a bit more so than usual due to the nature of this game), and have been waiting until I'm sure of my choice to place it. I've already said I would hammer on Kirb, my top FoS, but since I realized we had a whole day left I decided to hold it off. Now, unless anyone says otherwise, I'll go ahead and hammer when I wake up tomorrow morning ~1030 to 11 AM central.

Kirbyoshi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
acme2491
KevinM said:
Hammer away then we'll go for you tomorrow I believe.
Kevin, did you not even read my defense and where I asked you to clarify yourself? It's been said that scum don't need to read the thread because they don't need to figure out who's scum and who's town, since they already know. Not enough to garner a revote, but I'm still watching you.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Kirb, I've given you my reasoning for your vote on multiple occasions.

At this point your suspicions are null and void.

You have not helped the town. Normally we can go off who they were suspicious of. But unfortunately you pointed fingers at everyone.

I'm not going to play this like newbie mafia anymore I'm putting the pressure on. If you crack and you have a weak defense, you're going to be lynched. Keep this in mind everyone, we're playing for real now its D2 and I don't want to lose this game.

Kirbyoshi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
acme2491
KevinM said:
Kirb, I've given you my reasoning for your vote on multiple occasions.
Could you at least summarize them in one post?

KevinM said:
we're playing for real now its D2 and I don't want to lose this game.
You also need to keep in mind this is my first mafia Day on SWF, even though it's D2. I don't want to lose this game either, so I will do whatever it takes to not be lynched.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Ok, well, it's clear that the vote isn't going to change, and Kirb has no further defense, so with that I'll go ahead and hammer. Vote: Kirbyoshi

I am with Kevin as well. It is time to turn up the heat and stop playing like it's newbie mafia, so expect me to come out firing tomorrow. It's major crunch time after this with the SK and maf(regardless if Kirb is town or maf we NEED to be right tomorrow)

Riddle

Smash Lord
Ok, so what were you really now that you have been lynched. Let's see if I can find any other typos in the scene and get myself mod-killed again lol.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
Haha, this riddle guy thinks he's funny.

Day End Vote Count:

[
6]KirbYoshi: Tusm , KevinM, Omni, Teran, Riddle, Mentos
[1]Mentosman: Marshy

[4] not voting: MenoUnderWater, Skyler, KirbYoshi

The men and women sit uncomfortably around the long table. It's pretty much silent, the pressure has really gotten to everyone. After a few moments awkward glances at one another, a conversation begins to pick up. People are immediately suspicious of a few others in the room. The discussion heats up, people start to yell and scream, point fingers and accuse. They focus their attention on one man and begin to grill him non stop. He gives defense after defense, whilst randomly accusing others of being robots. But the people in the room do not budge. He starts to worry, he continues to beg and plead, but to no avail.

The man could see the bloodthirsty look in the people's eyes. He realizes that they weren't going to listen to him. With a show of great strength the man hastily lifts up his side of the table and flips it over. As people dive out of the way in order to dodge the table, the man takes this opportunity to try and run. But yet again, there was someone waiting for him. Before he even is able to leave the room, he get's tackled by one of the guys in the room. The accused man slams into the glass windows overlooking the street. He goes flying out of the window. A few people gasp as they all hurry to the window to see what they have done. But ALAS! The man had not fallen! He is hanging by one hand from the window sill, dangling 30 stories above the ground. The look of fear in his eyes is apparent.

"Help." he meagerly cries out. "Please... help me."

The people look back at him, unsure of what to do. After a brief moment, someone steps up. He looks down at the accused man hanging from the ledge. In one swift motion, he curls his hand into a fist and hammers down on the hand grasping the windowsill. The man loses his grip and falls from the window, yelling as he goes to meet his doom. A few silent seconds, and then... SPLAT. They see a spot of red appear where he landed. Without a doubt they know that,
KirbYoshi
[Vanilla Townie] has been slain.

The lights suddenly go off again. A few androids in the room smirk, now was their chance...

DAY 2 IS OVER

SEND ME NIGHT ACTIONS

Kirbyoshi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
acme2491
Well, at least I went out valiantly, according to the story.

/bah go town (even though you're all jerks)

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
The light suddenly go back on. And as you expected, there are dead bodies around.
Riddle [
vanilla townie] has been obliterated. (Serves you right grammar punk. =p)

Another body a bit farther away lies on the ground. As you get a closer look you realize that there is no blood coming out of the wound.There is a very mechanical look in the mans eyes. You realize he was no man but...

SKylerOcon [
Mafia Roleblocker] has been wrecked.

You all don't know if you should be happy or sad.

Day3 Start Vote Count:

[7] not voting: MenoUnderWater, Marshy, Mentos, KevinM, Omni, Tusm, Teran

With 7 alive it takes 4 to lynch.

The deadline is set for the last second of September 4th EST

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Oh thank god a maf was hit by the SK. So, here's the deal guys, the ONLY way we can win this is to lynch the SK today. Otherwise we're leaving it up to chance that there's a cross-shot again. If we lynch mafia and there's no cross shot, its mav V SK V 2 town and no matter how we lynch we lose. If we can lynch the sk, we'll be down to 2 maf v 3 town tomorrow and still have a chance. So, let's get our indie finding hats on and see whats up.

Omni

BRoomer
Oh thank god a maf was hit by the SK. So, here's the deal guys, the ONLY way we can win this is to lynch the SK today. Otherwise we're leaving it up to chance that there's a cross-shot again. If we lynch mafia and there's no cross shot, its mav V SK V 2 town and no matter how we lynch we lose. If we can lynch the sk, we'll be down to 2 maf v 3 town tomorrow and still have a chance. So, let's get our indie finding hats on and see whats up.
I don't get your math. Let me see if I can get this right:

1.) We lynch SK today. Mafia kills one of us. The next day starts with 3 town vs. 2 Mafia.
2.) We lynch Mafia today. Mafia kills one of us. SK has a 2/3 chance of hitting town and 1/3 chance of hitting Mafia.
a.) If SK hits Mafia, then it's 3 town and 1 SK. Is the game over at this point?
b.) If SK hits Town, then it's 2 town, 1 mafia, and 1 SK. Again, is this game over?

Lynching another townie is not an option and I hate how stupid Kirbyoshi played. Pretty much wasted a lynch. We got really lucky with SK hitting Skyler. His inactivity makes it ******** hard to figure out his play so that's the only good thing we got out of lastnight.

@Kevin and Marshy: What do you two have on Mentos? I haven't seen much at all yet Marshy had a vote on him Yesterday, and Kevin blurted out wanting to lynch him after Kirbyoshi. I'd like to see a good reason.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Situation 2B is a guaranteed loss, and it's the one we have to play assuming. As I said, if there is no cross-shot given a maf lynch, we're in an unwinnable situation.

Also, I would like to hear something from Marshy about his reasons for voting me as well. All he's had pretty much is the fact that I wasn't putting my vote on everyone as I got suspicious of them, which I find to be a very weak reason.

Riddle

Smash Lord
Lol you're nice macman. I think correcting the messing up male and female pronouns doesn't make me a grammar freak.

I told you guys that Skyler was maf lol. Bah go town! This mafia game was a lot of fun and I think I did pretty well.

The Phazon Assassin

Smash Champion
SK, I love you right now. It probably wasn't an issue before, but now our cop is free to do his thing.

Then again, so is the SK.

Right now, I wanna here from Meno. I haven't seen much from him recently.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
I want to hear from basically everyone.

TUSM you included.

Why do you want to hear from Menos what specifically are you fishing for?

Omni

BRoomer
@Kevin and Marshy: What do you two have on Mentos? I haven't seen much at all yet Marshy had a vote on him Yesterday, and Kevin blurted out wanting to lynch him after Kirbyoshi. I'd like to see a good reason.
What? Why Mentos? I don't recall anything suspicious about his behavior up to this point.
Before you go questioning everyone else how about you stop ignoring questions being given to you?

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Right now, I wanna here from Meno. I haven't seen much from him recently.
I'm around of course, and as I've said before, I'm still suspicious of Mentosman.

Mentos is highly suspicious. He never votes, yet he's always nudging his opinions. It also doesn't help he was one of the people to first agree to lynch Florida. Pierre was also highly suspicious of him before night came - and lo and behold he is murdered.
Except for my mistake of calling Mentos one of the "first" to vote toward Florida, my points still stand. I can now also add the hammering of Kirbyoshi.

Vote: Mentosman

We have two weeks till our deadline, but till then I'd like to apply some pressure. I want to hear Mento's defense, along with comments from Marshy (if he's still suspicious), and especially Kevin. "Relevant"? What?

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
You do realize I asked for opinions on if I should hammer, and only did so as the deadline was extremely near because people agreed the hammer was wise. Also, please, please, please remove your vote. It takes 4 to lynch, and if you don't remove your vote the mafia and sk could all place their votes and lead to my death, then we would be relying on the fact that the maf shot the sk and the sk shot the maf to get to tomorrow with any chance. Anyway, I'm also going to work right about now, but I'll be back to say my mind.

Omni

BRoomer
I'll address those when it becomes relevant.
It is relevant now considering Mentos seems to be the play.

You obviously seem to have something pinned on Mentos'. Saying that your answer is not "relevant" doesn't excuse you from answering the question nor does it allow you to proceed to continue asking people other questions.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
i think mentos is the play. like i said he's been nudging people in the wrong direction this entire time and is annoyingly non-committal. to be specific: he's only voted when there's a wagon and both of em have flipped town. that's the ideal playstyle for scum in a newbie game especially being a "vet" meaning people are likelier to listen to you

@teran, tusm, omni: wuddya guys think of a mentos lynch? who's your top suspect other than him?

Omni

BRoomer
Newb question here, what does the phrase "be the play" mean?
It means given our current situation and based on the information we have gathered who should we lynch.

As I said before, Mentos is the play. After a re-read I do agree with both Meno's and Marshy's explanations.
I think Teran and Marshy are townie.
I have mixed feelings with TUSM considering he hasn't offered too much.
Very unsure about Kevin. I'd say he's more town than mafia at the moment.

If I had an order it would be Mentos/TUSM/Kevin.

The Phazon Assassin

Smash Champion
Ooo, it got hot in here.

I only wanted to hear from Meno just because I didn't see much coming from him.

To those who think I'm scum. I know I haven't done that much, but what I've done has been in the town's best interest. I had nothing to do with the Florida lynch, and I voted for Kirbyoshi for reasons other than those of Kevin's, contrary to what Kirbyoshi said about everyone's votes.

This may be a shot in the dark, but I believe Mentos may be the Serial Killer. The one thing sticking out in my mind is him mentioning that Skyler was scum, and now he's dead. That's all I really got there.

KevinM has gotten really defensive after last night, especially compared to his push to get Kirbyoshi lynched. This doesn't sit well with me.

Teran......is Teran.....either he's scum, or the rudest townie I've ever seen. But, I haven't seen many, so I can't say much.

Omni, Marshy, and Meno LOOK OK to me. They haven't done anything glaringly obvious as far as I can tell.

In summation, KevinM and Teran are mafia, Mentos is th SK. And, just so I don't look like a wuss, I'm going to vote: KevinM.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
LOL I push a lynch on TUSM saying I find him the second most scummy play at the moment, mainly for his D1 antics of saying that there were "useless" townies and other posts that don't sit well with me.

And he says I'm getting defensive, says he's suspicious of me out of nowhere and votes me.

Interesting idea TUSM, OMGUS or crumble scum?

Omni

BRoomer
TUSM, I'm not sure if I agree with what you said about Kevin. He hasn't been defensive at all this entire game and I believe he's been playing his normal playstyle. Are you OMGUS Kevin?

Also, if you think Mentos is the SK then Mentos is the play so why would you vote Kevin? It's already been established that our best bet is to lynch the SK today to give us the best chances in winning so what's the deal here?

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Ok, I wish there was some better argument against me so I could defend myself fully. Really, the arguments placed against me boil down to: I was for the lynch of both Florida and Kirb, gave my opinions on the matter, and didn't vote very often. Now my question is, how does that make me suspicious? Florida I pressured because his playstyle was a complete 180 from what I'd seen from him in Totally Normal Mafia at the time, and such extremely different playstyles can sometimes indicate an alignment that they haven't played before. Near the end it wasn't the most confident I've ever been in a lynch, but it was strong enough for me to place a d1 vote.

The next day moved on to Kirb as the main topic of discussion. Once again, there were legitimate reasons to suspect him brought up by others and myself. He replaced someone inactive and suspicious, he was over-generalizing a lot of things, and over all just playing strangely. Once again though, I wasn't as sure, which leads me to my next point.

As Marshy has mentioned repeatedly, I've barely used my vote at all. In fact, I've used it twice, once on Florida(not the hammer), and then the hammer vote on Kirb. First of all, in terms of people calling the hammer vote on Kirb suspicious, realize that I asked for opinions on it before I did so. Unlike Skyler's sudden hammer at the last minute D1, I was more than happy to settle for a no lynch on the day if a few people didn't agree with the lynch. As I've mentioned though, I've used my vote sparingly for two reasons: 1. As I mentioned the first time Marshy brought this up, I watched newbie 1, I saw the rush voting, and wanted to try my best to avoid something similar. 2. In this game there are going to be a lot of things that would garner an immediate vote or FoS, but I'm thinking over suspicions a lot more carefully due to the fact that many could easily be newbie mistakes. On Kirb's lynch I held off voting, asking questions hoping to get something to make a clear distinction. Unfortunately it never happened, and popular opinion was preferring his lynch over a no lynch, so I cast my vote.

Now please, if you think I'm so suspicious, tell me over what and ask me questions about it. I say this for one reason, I am innocent and the suspicions against me are not for great reasoning at all.

Top Bottom