• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Newbie Mafia #2: CAN THE NEWBIES STEP UP AND PLAY A SUCCESSFULE GAME?

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
It's anti town.

Although anti-town doesn't = scummy

it doesn't equal a town win. So I have no reason to lift my vote.

Kirbyoshi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
acme2491
But isn't Teran acting more scummy than I am? Do you really want to lynch someone you think is town?

Kirbyoshi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
acme2491
It's anti town.

Although anti-town doesn't = scummy

it doesn't equal a town win. So I have no reason to lift my vote.
You said that I was acting anti-town, which I guess I'm fine with, since anti-town =/= scummy. However, to vote someone simply on the basis of being anti-town, without doing something outrightly scummy, is kind of questionable.

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
Teran may have a bad attitude, but I don't believe he is scummy. Like, how stupid would that be to act like a jerk so you can gain bad rep and votes at the same time.

Regardless of his attitude, the only thing that Teran contributed in his previous post was "Well, these guys are like me so we fit in the same boat," which tells us nothing. It's simply easier to start voting Teran because of his demeanor.

I didn't see anything off except for his reasoning to ban Teran. I wouldn't classify Teran's behavior as "scummy". Scum aim to blend in yet he's sticking out like a sore thumb.

It doesn't help that you bandwagoned TUSM; if I remember correctly, he began the votes on Florida as well. Does anyone know if Zero bandwagoned TUSM's vote on Florida in Day 1?

Vote: Kirbyoshi until I see justified responses.

Omni

BRoomer

It doesn't help that you bandwagoned TUSM; if I remember correctly, he began the votes on Florida as well. Does anyone know if Zero bandwagoned TUSM's vote on Florida in Day 1?
Nevermind. That was Dekuu.

Kirbyoshi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
acme2491
Omni, you didn't even mention me in your post. Am I hidden somewhere in there, and I'm just not seeing where you said why you think I'm scummy?

Omni

BRoomer
I didn't see anything off except for his reasoning to ban Teran. I wouldn't classify Teran's behavior as "scummy". Scum aim to blend in yet he's sticking out like a sore thumb.
That was directed to your post you made earlier. Forgot to quote it:

"Teran: I agree that your tone is very antagonistic, and you don't post much real content. If you're town, you're the most anti-town townie I've seen in my short Mafia career. :p
Read: Scum"

Kirbyoshi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
acme2491
Omni, while he may be a mod, he is still listed as a newbie in this game. Therefore, he may not know how to play scum.

Still, as bad as Teran is, I really don't like that sorry excuse for a vote reason, especially from a vet.

Unvote Teran, Vote: KevinM

Kirbyoshi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
acme2491
TUSM irks me though. First, he says he is pretty sure Teran is town; then, less than 24 hours later, he votes for Teran! Any logic behind that, TUSM?

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
Its also possible that someone killed Pierre to put suspicion on Skyler or that it was a rand vig shot but Skyler is the best lead right now.
yeah i was gonna bring this up. people saying "pierre suspected skyler before he died so skyler must've killed him" is unreliable at best. question for you/tusm/anyone else who's been behind that reasoning: you don't think pierre could've been a target for a mafia who wasn't skyler? why not?

also i'll vote: teran for trying to clear himself while contributing nothing and deflecting his accusations towards air and zero. tusm interests me too

The Phazon Assassin

Smash Champion
I don't like his attitude, at all. All we asked is that you post more, and you go all "bah, humbug" on us. It's like you get upset when you have to share your thoughts.
Teran's posts, though not scummy, definitely aren't helping town. We ask for his opinions on certain things, and we get nothing.

Well Omni, most people do it by making accusations. It usually works like a charm.
Also, this post bothers me. Instead of making his own accusations, he'll just wait for someone to be targeted, and either vote, or just sit back and watch the fireworks. I don't like this at all.

Now, you , Kirbyoshi, are being attacked, and twice, you've tried to pass the buck. You're cracking under pressure, and that isn't good.

Unvote: Teran

Gimme one good reason why I shouldn't vote for you...

Kirbyoshi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
acme2491
I'll give you three good reasons:

1. I'm not scum
2. I'm trying to help town
3. I haven't done anything scummy

Need any more?

The Phazon Assassin

Smash Champion
1. Yeah, in this game, no one's scum. We don't have a Serial Killer, either, right?
2. Giving a synopsis of what we already know isn't exactly helping us. (ex. Omni's opening post)
3. You haven't done anything scummy, but you also haven't cleared your name yet.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Nice OMGUS KirbYoshi, you certainly depicted in your posts where my accusations don't have any weight because i'm a vet?

You're saying my posts don't show that I'm a vet but you're giving me nothing to go off of besides your sweeping generalizations and OMGUS.

QED

Kirbyoshi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
acme2491
Omni, OMGUS=Oh My God U Suck. Kevin is saying I voted for him because he voted for me. What I still don't get is that he voted me when the only thing I did that could even be considered scummy is replace for Zero Beat, who was quiet (which was why he was replaced. Give me one good reason why your vote is on me, and I'll take my vote off of you. So I guess I am voting for him because he voted for me, but only because his vote makes no sense.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Considering you replaced into a game where the person you replaced in as was so quiet, then you gave a wishy wash overview of the game and haven't made a single worth while post since I have my reason for a vote on you.

Kirbyoshi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
acme2491
Maybe I did replace in for a really uber quiet person, but if I remember correctly, 0-Beat just dropped the game, after having contributed fairly well. Air didn't contribute alot at all at any time before he was replaced. So, why did you choose me as a target over meno?

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Kirb, I do agree with Kevin really when it comes to your behavior. And, while anti-town=/= scummy, it CAN be a scum indicator. It can also be an indie indicator. To put it simply Kev's reasons for his vote on you are somewhat legit, and the OMGUS vote made it look a bit better. While I don't necessarily think you're scum, Kevin stated his reasons quite plainly, yet you seem to say that he doesn't have a point at all, when he does have one that could be easily remedied.

Kirbyoshi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
acme2491
Ok, so I'll try to "remedy" it by asking every player a question:

TUSM: Why were you so sure that Teran was town, and then less than 24 hours later vote for him? Kinda strange to me...

Skyler: Why did you hammer Florida after he said that his bogus vote on Riddle was only fishing for reactions? Seems scummy.

Omni: Do you have any of your own reasons for voting me or are you just taking the word of someone whom you really shouldn't trust? (Unwritten rule #1 of Mafia: Trust No One.)

Riddle: Do you have any explanation for your predecessor's nervously scummy play?

Meno: If you are even checking this thread, why have you not posted yet?

Teran: What do you think you are accomplishing when all you post is abrasive sarcasm?

KevinM: Why were you so quick to vote me, but not quick to jump on Meno, and what can I do to prove myself to you?

Mentos: Umm...I'll think about your question and get back to you later, probably tonight.

Marshy: If you are supposed to be vetting, why did you devise a plan to out the Indie? Aren't you supposed to be helping the newbies?

Kirbyoshi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
acme2491
Here's something for mentos, from way back on page 8:

@Xace: Do you really believe all 3 mafia would make a play like that?
What makes you think there are 3 mafia? Don't the rules state that there could be 2 or 3? This looks like inside knowledge to me...Xace never said he thought all three of them were scum, just that he was suspicious of all three of them, but couldn't really put his finger on just one.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
It says specifically in the first post there will be 3 mafia.

The premise is simple: there are 9-10 of you who are townspeople, aka townies, the good guys; there 3 of who you are the mafia, aka scum, the bad guys. The scum know who each other are and can communicate at all times over AIM or PMs, while a townie can only trust him- or herself.
And if that doesn't prove it take a look at the role pms for the mafia roles, which all state you are mafia with (blank) and (blank). Nice try though.

Kirbyoshi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
acme2491
Oops, you're right, I guess I was thinking of another game. Nvm then, I'll try to come up with something for you. In the meantime, relish in the fact that you are the only one I can't find a question for, although that could be a good or bad thing...<_< >_>

The Phazon Assassin

Smash Champion
TUSM: Why were you so sure that Teran was town, and then less than 24 hours later vote for him? Kinda strange to me...
I already answered this question. I guess I'll answer it again.

He was already on my watch list when he pretty much said "if you want to lynch me, allow me to help." Also, his keep everything to himself attitude and smart aleck-y remarks isn't producing anything to help us.

Marshy: If you are supposed to be vetting, why did you devise a plan to out the Indie? Aren't you supposed to be helping the newbies?
He only told the Serial Killer or the Survivor to claim. I don't know why he mentioned the survivor, it's just a free lynch. But the SK, as I see it, is 97% not helpful, going around killing as he pleases. If he was foolish enough to claim, or question his reasoning as both you and Kevin did, we can get rid off him before he causes any real damage.

But, my name isn't Marshy, so I shouldn't be answering that question.

Skyler's been too quiet. I wanna hear from him soon.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Again your questions are so ridiculously unhelpful. You're not probing people you're scratching the surface.

Also I find it ridiculously suspicious that your defense against me so far has been, "look at Teran" and now its "Look at Meno"

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
I'm not giving you criteria to prove yourself with, this isn't a hold your hands situation.

And I addressed the Meno thing in my post.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
I've been ridiculously busy lately and haven't time to read much.

I'll clear some time and be posting soon though.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Teran: What do you think you are accomplishing when all you post is abrasive sarcasm?
Abrasive sarcasm is just how I am. You can ask just about anyone who knows me, they'll attest to that.

Again your questions are so ridiculously unhelpful. You're not probing people you're scratching the surface.

Also I find it ridiculously suspicious that your defense against me so far has been, "look at Teran" and now its "Look at Meno"
You'd think a defence would be more focused wouldn't you? I find it odd how he's trying to shift suspicion towards more than just one player. Usually if you're trying to deflect suspicion, you'd do it by providing a strong and coherent argument as to why suspicion should lie with someone else.

Just my .02

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Just to clarify. With the someone else, I mean a sole individual which you'd mount a strong case against.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
winning takes first priority. the sk/survivor needs us to lose so no i won't be helping him

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
In the meantime, relish in the fact that you are the only one I can't find a question for, although that could be a good or bad thing...<_< >_>
bad thing considering he's been pretty non-committal for a while and almost never votes when he casts suspicion towards someone. i'd actually be very happy with his lynch

unvote: teran, vote mentos

Omni

BRoomer
Omni: Do you have any of your own reasons for voting me or are you just taking the word of someone whom you really shouldn't trust? (Unwritten rule #1 of Mafia: Trust No One.)
I voted you because of your ******** reason for voting Teran. I explained this already.

What is worse is that now you've lifted your vote off Teran and put it on Kevin even though he had a much more justified reason for placing his vote on you. The ease in which you lifted Teran's vote combined with your reason to vote Kevin ("Vote Me and I'll Vote You") doesn't make it any easier for me to remove any suspicion from you.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
I agree with Marshy on the fact that it's bad you don't have any questions for me... I can think of a few I would ask myself in anyone else's shoes, and am surprised people haven't really mentioned them. And, Marshy, to your comment about me not using my vote, quite simply it's the game that makes me more reluctant than usual to make a vote... I saw the quick lynch in D1 of Newbie, and how close it was to another quick-lynch near endgame. I'm mostly keeping my vote off more often than usual to help avoid that, as compared with the regular d-gamers, it's more likely for a mistake to be made by newer players, and I hope to avoid that kind of situation.

Top Bottom