• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Newbie Mafia #2: CAN THE NEWBIES STEP UP AND PLAY A SUCCESSFULE GAME?

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
It started as an average uneventful board meeting to update the rest of the NubiCorp staff on the status of their projects. AJ Killian, the lead director of the Artificial Intelligence department was giving a brief update on their latest project, Android 428.

“…Our latest robot has by far passed expectations. He can is able to complete most everyday tasks, and can seemingly move around his body flawlessly. He is 344% more efficient than the average factory worker. The synthetic skin we gave him has caused no malfunctions with his hardware and seems to be very durable and looks just like normal human skin. We have been able to replicate normal facial features and human tendencies. To be clear cut, he is turning out to be very life like. Once we finish the process, it will be almost impossible to tell the difference between him and a normal human being.”

Another member of the group cuts in. “He? I’ve never heard you refer to this prototype with words such as he or him. It seems as though you have gotten attached to a mere robot.” A few people at the table begin to chuckle.

AJ, visibly annoyed, responds. “A mere robot? These individuals should be treated with respect. Their intellect seems to be much greater than yours.”

But before the man could respond to such an attack on his intelligence, a yell from down the hall fills the room. “HELP! PLEASE someone come help!” The group of people quickly runs to the room where the yell is coming from. Inside they see one of the lowly lab assistants staring at something inside a closet. You all move closer to get a look inside the closet.

Inside, is someone’s dead rotting body, packaged neatly inside an open body bag. As you get a closer look of the persons face you realize that it is the body of none other than AJ Killian! The fake AJ Killian begins to smile as everyone turns their heads to look back at him. You all realize the grim truth at the same time, this fake AJ Killian must be the android they were working on!

Instantly you begin to tear at the fake AJ Killians skin like savages. You quickly uncover the metal frame under the human like skin. The fake AJ Killian begins to laugh as he is clawed apart by the rest of the group.

“This is not the end! Among you even now, my androids have hidden themselves. They will take over this company and there is nothing you can do to stop it. You can trust no one!” Just as the last word leaves his mouth, someone smashes a knife into the back of his head, destroying the circuitry and causing the android to shut down.

Everyone begins to calm down. They start to exchange nervous glances with each other. The androids words were frightening; there were more of his type in this very group. Someone speaks up, “Guys, we need to find out who the other androids (
mafia) are. That is the only way we can escape this with our lives and keep the company intact.”

They all go back to the meeting room and sit back at the round table. “Well then, let’s begin shall we?”

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
Vote Count:

(13) not voting: Tusm, SkylerOcon, KBunny, Dekuu, Pierre, Ace, Airgemini, Zero Beat, Teran, Sly Fox, KevinM, Mentosman, Marshigo

It takes 7 votes out of 13 to lynch.
The deadline has been set for the last second of the 31st of July.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Who's up for lynching Air?

XACE-K

Smash Master
You have got to be kidding me.

You can't base who is mafia and who is town based upon there username. Also, you shouldn't vote too quickly. There should be discussion first, then you can vote.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
The two critiques I have for all players are 1) voice your opinions more readily and keep discussion going in many directions and 2) do not hastily vote and always allow your opponent the opportunity to argue their defense.
dumb play like this ruined town last game so might as well warn everyone

ok so obligatory advice

HEY DOC: stay hidden and avoid hinting at your role. i suggest not claiming unless that's the only way you can wiggle out of your lynch. if the roleblocker finds out your role then your power is useless unless he opts to block the cop from investigating

HEY COP: stay hidden and avoid hinting at your role. i think the best way to go about being the cop is not claiming until you've got a good number of investigations down at which point telling us your results will help us narrow the lynch pool significantly or lead us to a mafia member. again i guess you gotta claim if you're about to be lynched but avoid that obviously. also don't take your investigations at face value because of the potential miller or godfather. it'd be smart to observe the people you get a result on to have an easier time deciding if it's correct or not

HEY VIG: you probably shouldn't shoot toNight. being reckless will screw town over and you'd be smart to get more info on people before deciding who needs to die on your own

HEY SK/SURVIVOR: if you're there then you should claim your role immediately. i say this because revealing yourself will let you strike a deal with town by either letting us talk about who you'll kill or writing off someone that shouldn't be killed since we're looking for mafia

so yeah avoid claiming and whatnot even if you're a vanilla (no role). if you do then you narrow the mafia's list on who isn't cop/doc/vig which are probably their biggest targets

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/

You can't base who is mafia and who is town based upon there username. Also, you shouldn't vote too quickly. There should be discussion first, then you can vote.

Well, he does want to get rid of the mafia, am I right?

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
oh? xace-k i think pierre knows that. jokevotes is what gets discussion flowing. as long as bandwagons are avoided then it's fine

XACE-K

Smash Master
oh? xace-k i think pierre knows that. jokevotes is what gets discussion flowing. as long as bandwagons are avoided then it's fine
I understand that but if you should joke vote, you shouldn't actually do the actual voting format. You could do what Teran dod a few posts ago. he jokingly wanted to lynch air, but he didn't type vote and bold air's name.

btw, why does Macman mention the miller in the OP, but he doesn't have what the miller does?

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
cop gets a guilty result on the miller. the miller doesn't know he's the miller because he gets a pm telling him that he's a vanilla. he doesn't have any night actions. the only difference is the cop getting a guilty result on him

and i don't agree about the voting thing. voting people gives us a paper trail and more certainty in people's suspicions. otherwise they could hide behind "oh yeah but at least i didn't vote them" when it's okay to do so. just not bandwagons

Pierre the Scarecrow

Grasping at Straws

Nope.

Ok I won't base who is mafia and who is town based on their username. I'll base it on... their avatar. And since your avatar has three guys with guns in it, you must be mafia! Also, you shouldn't not vote too quickly. There should be discussion, and then you can vote, and then there's more discussion, and you can vote, and then more discussion, and people change votes, and then...

I understand that but if you should joke vote, you shouldn't actually do the actual voting format. You could do what Teran dod a few posts ago. he jokingly wanted to lynch air, but he didn't type vote and bold air's name.
What is the difference?

cop gets a guilty result on the miller. the miller doesn't know he's the miller because he gets a pm telling him that he's a vanilla. he doesn't have any night actions. the only difference is the cop getting a guilty result on him
Does the miller know that he is the miller? If so, the miller could claim right away and save us some trouble. Or does he think that he is a vanilla?

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
totally agreed with pierre about the voting thing. and no the miller doesn't know that he is. he thinks he's a vanilla

XACE-K

Smash Master
What is the difference?
Who's up for lynching Air?
^^^
That's a joke vote. Teran mentions the idea of voting Air, but he doesn't perform the voting format.

vote: XACE-K
^^^
That's a real vote. You can even check the OP.

1. To vote for someone, simply type vote: name in bold. For example, if you wanted to vote for Evil Eye to be lynched, you would type vote: Evil Eye.

Pierre the Scarecrow

Grasping at Straws
I understand that Teran17 did not vote with his joke, but you still have not answered my question. What is the difference? What is the difference between a joke without voting and a joke vote with a vote attached to it? Is there any real difference?

XACE-K

Smash Master
I understand that Teran17 did not vote with his joke, but you still have not answered my question. What is the difference? What is the difference between a joke without voting and a joke vote with a vote attached to it? Is there any real difference?
IMO the only difference is the process of bolding text. Sure it doesn't sound major but in mafia, it could put a player/town/mafia/whatever ina bad position.

Pierre the Scarecrow

Grasping at Straws
MY vote wouldn't put them in a bad position in any case. In this particular case, my vote gave you a total of 1 votes. So you now agree that there is nothing bad about people actually voting their joke votes. Putting your vote somewhere, like Marshy said, puts you on record. If people only listened to the discussion and never put their votes anywhere until the end, I can predict that the only real opinions or votes that people would be able to pin them with would be the ones that everyone agreed on in the end - nobody would look guilty for anything because literally everyone was doing it. That does not sound like it would help catch the mafia.

it could put a player/town/mafia/whatever ina bad position.
I find it curious that you are worried I might put mafia/whatever in a bad position.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Just because they use the voting format doesn't mean its an honest to god 100 percent vote.

That being said, I am certainly up for an Air lynch D1.

Vote: Air

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Also I disagree with your idea of the Indie role claiming Marshy, that just puts a bullseye on their back from the mafia

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
eh i don't see how that's the case. mafia wouldn't kill them and be more focused on town because they'd at least have influence over the indy. if it was an sk then they'd see it as a tool to use for killing another townie during the night and if it was a survivor then they'd try to keep him until the endgame so they'd have another vote which could be big for them

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
eh i don't see how that's the case. mafia wouldn't kill them and be more focused on town because they'd at least have influence over the indy. if it was an sk then they'd see it as a tool to use for killing another townie during the night and if it was a survivor then they'd try to keep him until the endgame so they'd have another vote which could be big for them
Or they could kill the survivor who is basically just a vanilla townie with an alternate win condition.

Or take out the SK whom if properly shaped could turn into another town vig.

Pierre the Scarecrow

Grasping at Straws
If the survivor is a vanilla townie with an altered win condition to allow him to win if the mafia wins, why would the mafia kill him? Why would the mafia want to kill a vanilla townie who can help them? Wouldn't the mafia rather try to kill the cop or the doctor? So wouldn't the mafia essentially cross the survivor off of their kill list? And wouldn't the town also cross the survivor off of their lynch list for better prospects and try to lynch real mafia?

XACE-K

Smash Master
I find it curious that you are worried I might put mafia/whatever in a bad position.
You're responding well to all my questions Pierre. I want to see what all the other people are gonna say. Especially Sly Fox. He hasn't posted yet since he wanted to join yet Macman counted him in for the the game.

Pierre the Scarecrow

Grasping at Straws
You're responding well to all my questions Pierre. I want to see what all the other people are gonna say. Especially Sly Fox. He hasn't posted yet since he wanted to join yet Macman counted him in for the the game.
What questions have you asked?

I understand that you want Sly Fox to post, as he was the only person not to confirm his role, but others have also not posted yet, and this did simply seem like you were moving attention away from yourself.

XACE-K

Smash Master
What questions have you asked?

I understand that you want Sly Fox to post, as he was the only person not to confirm his role, but others have also not posted yet, and this did simply seem like you were moving attention away from yourself.
Touche.

And yes, I know it seems I do want attention to move away from me, but I do want to hear what others have to say.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
I was told to begin anyways even though he hasn't confirmed yet. He was already prodded and if he doesn't post soon he will be replaced.

Mid Page Vote Count:

[1]Ace: Pierre
[1]Airgemini: KevinM
[11] not voting: Tusm, SkylerOcon, KBunny, Dekuu, Ace, Airgemini, Zero Beat, Teran, Sly Fox, Mentosman, Marshigo

It takes 7 votes out of 13 to lynch.
The deadline has been set for the last second of the 31st of July.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Welcome to the game folks, I'm offa work and here. Marshy's advice on the last page is good, make sure you pay attention to it. Also, Vote: KevinM, we can't risk you being a dementor:p

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Lol Kevin, and to think you wouldn't have gotten your win if the mafia hadn't framed me that dayXD Anyway, I've got work in the morning so I won't be on till the afternoon, I'll see whats up when I get home.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
You lice, I agree with KevinM wholeheartedly. This is Air we're talking about.

Vote: Air

The Phazon Assassin

Smash Champion
You people get moving quick around here, don'tcha? Iw ould vote for air too, but he's got enough pressure on him as is.

Skyler was mafia in the last game, so I will Vote: Skyler.

Hey, I can do it too, right?

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
You people get moving quick around here, don'tcha? Iw ould vote for air too, but he's got enough pressure on him as is.

Skyler was mafia in the last game, so I will Vote: Skyler.

Hey, I can do it too, right?
Unvote: Kev Vote: mentos that guy just needs to die
All cool people know that Airgemini is the one that should be getting lynched first.

Top Bottom