• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Just a fun little change of topic, how about we post the top ten Nintendo musical tracks we want to hear in the next game? Discuss something other than characters.

Advance Wars: Days of Ruin - Proud Soldier
Donkey Kong Country Returns - Factory Friction
Xenoblade - Fight!
Sin and Punishment: Star Successor - System Menu
Super Mario Galaxy - Gusty Garden Galaxy
Mario Paint - Gnat Attack
Earthbound - Battle Against a Machine
Pokémon Trading Card Game - Club Leader Duel
Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons - Dancing Dragon Dungeon
Metroid: Other M - Ridley

asia_catdog_blue

Smash Ace
I've played Marvel Vs Capcom and that in no way is indicative of how he would fight in Super Smash Bros. Sure he will probably borrow some moves, but there will be other things too. If anyone looked bland on the outset it was Sonic the Hedgehog. I can't even begin to tell you all of the "all he can do is run" topics I had to endure!
Canonically, Megaman/Rockman can only copy abilities from mechanical substances.

I think Rock Light can work fully without the use of Robot Master Weapons.

One arcade game , The Power Fighters, gave him a rising dragon-flame uppercut. Giving him that in SSB4 would not only make a godd and simple recovery special, but it could also be used as a nod to Street Fighter.

Rockman also has his Meag Arm(a Rocket Punch), The Super Arrow(from the 5th game) the Mega Ball(from the 8th Game), Items 1-2-3, and, of course, his pets(Rush, Tango, and Beat).

I can see him using Robot Master attacks that are physical(i.e. Top Spin).

On a different note, I would rather see Gooey that that God Forsaken Slime.

Also, what is with the Pac-Man hate?

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Oh my goodness, nostalgia.

...I can mostly only think of Pokemon music. Vs. Champion/Red, Indigo Plateau, Dragon's Den. And I'll just say YEHS to Gusty Garden Galaxy and Dancing Dragon Dungeon.

I would also suggest they fix a few songs from Brawl. There were a few where I liked the original versions, but they didn't sound very nice in Brawl, IMO.

EDIT: Since everyone else is doing it, I'll be cool and provide links.

mystery_dungeon

Smash Journeyman
Sidemoon Sidemoon. Welc welc ome welc omeome.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
i like that xenoblade song and the star successor song. i can see the earthbound one in a medley.
i can't nostalgia with mario paint as i haven't played the game... i heard like 2 minutes... it's fine. i guess.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Alright guys I have a question; is Sin & Punishment really a Nintendo franchise? You guys keep listing it as such but then when I look at who developed it, it's Treasure who is a 3rd party developer. Some of you seem to think that just because the game is published by Nintendo that it makes it a Nintendo franchise. This is not always the case. Sometimes it is the developer who owns the rights to the game made. For example Nintendo published DQIX but Square was the one who developed it.

It was developed by Treasure but Nintendo owns the copyright for the franchise so, yes, it is first party. Treasure's an interesting third party because it rarely makes games for itself and most of the time it makes games for other third party companies. For example, Treasure also played a role in developing Wario World but didn't take any claims in its copyright.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Giygas level from Earthbound should be a level. That would be the most disturbing thing in smash ever

Hoots

Can Be Combative
The entire soundtrack from DKC2 is all I want. Unbutchered this time. In Brawl, all I got was Stickerbrush Symphony, and it was mutilated beyong recognition. Why can I never have nice things? :( SAKURAIIIIIII!!!!!!!

:phone:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Mother 3 - The Strong One (Masked Man)
Kirby 64 - Zero-Two it must be this mix.
Super Metroid - Brinstar it must be this song
Zelda II - zelda 2 themes megamix i love that overworld theme part!

unfortunately, the original question states Nintendo, so i can't put my extremely vast library of remixed megaman music...
Zero-two is already in Brawl

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6fjMxPCgMY&feature=related

Edit: Oh, you probably want a version that doesn't suck like the brawl one

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
like i said... it must be that remix. did you click the link yet?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
like i said... it must be that remix. did you click the link yet?
Yes, that's why I said a version that doesn't suck like the brawl one

The entire soundtrack from DKC2 is all I want. Unbutchered this time. In Brawl, all I got was Stickerbrush Symphony, and it was mutilated beyong recognition. Why can I never have nice things? :( SAKURAIIIIIII!!!!!!!

Yes! You just can't pick a favorite, they are all good. Though Bramble Blast actually is my favorite and the Brawl remix was great

Too bad Nintendo hated the DKC series.

Hoots

Can Be Combative
Too bad Nintendo hated the DKC series.
Meanwhile at Nintendo HQ: "Curse those crafty brits for making Donkey Kong better than we ever could! IMPOSSIBRUUUU!!!!! Donkey Kong Japanese! Not Engrish!"

F*ck I hate Japanese honor and the like or whatever inexplicable bs makes then hate the only incarnation of DK that didn't blow as well as everything about those games. "Kremlings bad! Crocodiles silly and Engrish! Evil Ape Ninjas much better! Evil Ape Ninjas Japanese! Tiki Tong much cooler than K. Rool! K. Rool dumb and fat!"

Goddammit.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Meanwhile at Nintendo HQ: "Curse those crafty brits for making Donkey Kong better than we ever could! IMPOSSIBRUUUU!!!!! Donkey Kong Japanese! Not Engrish!"

F*ck I hate Japanese honor and the like or whatever inexplicable bs makes then hate the only incarnation of DK that didn't blow as well as everything about those games. "Kremlings bad! Crocodiles silly and Engrish! Evil Ape Ninjas much better! Evil Ape Ninjas Japanese! Tiki Tong much cooler than K. Rool! K. Rool dumb and fat!"

Goddammit.

They also didn't realize that K. Rool was the same person in every game.

Hoots

Can Be Combative
They also didn't realize that K. Rool was the same person in every game.
That wily K. Rool DID have some clever disguises! At least good enough to fool the localization team. This one fact terrifies me about his chances to be in Smash. It's a shame because he really deserves it over Dixie.

Edit: what do people think Starfy's chance of being in Smash 4 are? Ive been playing The Legendary Starfy and he is absolutely perfect for Smash. He has a double jump with a glide and four transformations that would make great special moves.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
Stafy (I'm not gonna call him Starfy) was one of my top picks for Brawl (with Geno and Sukapon) and I was REALLY pissed we he got turned into a terrible assist trophy.

asia_catdog_blue

Smash Ace

Goddammit.

Except that Tiki Tong was thought up by Retro Studios.

If they were thinking about making Console/Handheld exclusives, then I say that Starfy would have a better chance on the 3DS than the WiiU.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I hate Tiki Tong. It's such a generic boss might. I've done the same thing in at least 5 games.

Kirby's Super Star comes to mind

Jonas

Smash Champion
Ganondorf needs his ****** sword already, I tired of have to ****** hack my wii just to use it!!

The same goes for Mewtwo, INCLUDE HIM SAKURAI!!!! : mad:

Zoroark is a fine choice, **** Lucario!!

...and we need the Black Knight already, seriously Sakurai.

You should use Ike in Brawl then, he's practically Ganon with a sword lol
or at least how I imagine Ganon would play with a sword.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
You should use Ike in Brawl then, he's practically Ganon with a sword lol
or at least how I imagine Ganon would play with a sword.
Well swordwise they might have been simIlar, but still if they were to implement both maglcal attacks such as his fireballs along with swordbased moves, then he would definetly be be unique in his own way, not like nor Captain Falcon.

Sonic Poke

Smash Lord
After the release of e3, I rephrased my list of characters to ssb4. Beside each name I put the word 'probable', 'plausible'or 'unlikely' for each cited speculation:

1) Ghirahim - plausible - we do not know much about this character, we only know that he is an antagonist of The Legend of Zelda: The Sword Skyward not know if he is the principal, or just a boss, so it is plausible. check out this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d69B3DwOuYk
2) Paper Mario - probably - see this video that you guys understand: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVMW3TlCPGw
3) Rockets - unlikely - Junichi Masuda, one of the principal producers of the series pokemon said he wanted to make a game with the team rocket being the protagonists, as a GTA for the series. is unlikely for now, but maybe a ssb5?
4) Waluigi - plausible - he is considered the main antagonist of sports games and dances mario then why not?

So far only thought of it, and about the music, it would be nice:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJwp2l_NPoE&feature=related

majora_787

Smash Hero
After the release of e3, I rephrased my list of characters to ssb4. Beside each name I put the word 'probable', 'plausible'or 'unlikely' for each cited speculation:

1) Ghirahim - plausible - we do not know much about this character, we only know that he is an antagonist of The Legend of Zelda: The Sword Skyward not know if he is the principal, or just a boss, so it is plausible. check out this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d69B3DwOuYk
2) Paper Mario - probably - see this video that you guys understand: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVMW3TlCPGw
3) Rockets - unlikely - Junichi Masuda, one of the principal producers of the series pokemon said he wanted to make a game with the team rocket being the protagonists, as a GTA for the series. is unlikely for now, but maybe a ssb5?
4) Waluigi - plausible - he is considered the main antagonist of sports games and dances mario then why not?

So far only thought of it, and about the music, it would be nice:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJwp2l_NPoE&feature=related
1. I dunno, maybe. It'd be a first to add a second antagonist and not a second Link.
2. ...I didn't understand the relation between smash bros. and the video. Then again, I'm tired this morning.
3. Uhhh . . .
4. Apparently it was Bowser, not WaaWeegee. But I dunno about sports games.

OmegaXXII

It's about time The DK series had an antagonist like K.Rool don't you think?

Here are some antagonist that I believe would represent their respective series well.

*note* This list is just stating possible
candidates, I'm not saying they should actually be included.

Mario series:
Wart
Bowser Jr.

Zelda series:
Ganondorf is already good enough

Pokemon series:
Mewtwo
Zoroark
Giovanni Pokemon Leader (work basically be like Pokemon Trainer but with different Pokemon

Metroid series:
Ridley (yes, he needs to be represented like bad!)
Dark Samus

DK Series:
K.Rool

Fire Emblem series:
King Ashnard
The Black Knight (EPIC!!)

Earthbound series:
Porky? Don't know too much about this series.

F-Zero series:
Black Shadow
Samurai Goroh

Fox series:
Wolf is fine

Kirby Series:
Meta-Knight and King DeDeDe are fine.

I guess that's all I was able to come with, IMO, these candidates are realistic choices that could actually happen, even if the F-Zero series is semi-dead.

Sonic Poke

Smash Lord
1. I dunno, maybe. It'd be a first to add a second antagonist and not a second Link.
2. ...I didn't understand the relation between smash bros. and the video. Then again, I'm tired this morning.
3. Uhhh . . .
4. Apparently it was Bowser, not WaaWeegee. But I dunno about sports games.
The video really has nothing to do with ssb, but it is a release that deserves to be represented. And what do you mean by this "Uhh? " As for Waluigi, read this: The Day Waluigi tried to Dominate the World
But if Waluigi was a really important role, It Was Certainly at Dance Dance Revolution: Mario Mix, the set of pump-it-up for Nintendo GameCube. Waluigi to see the the main villain of the whole plot Until I dance! Here, Waluigi has stolen the Music Keys (Keys Music) Tower of Truffles. In an attempt at world domination (calm player, I messed up on typing: Waluigi has tried to dominate the world!), Waluigi has tried to use the Keys to Musical Become a perfect dancer and "hypnotize The entire world" with his steps to shatter. However ... Waluigi has three of Musical Keys to other bosses of the game, leaving only one. He attacked Also Mario (or Luigi) and Toad with a flurry of Bob-ombs after the heroes travel to Truffle Tower to confront him (wow!). Eventually, after the dance rock (this time ... it is literally an explosive confrontation as well!), Mario (or Luigi) and recovered to beat Waluigi first Key Musical. In Beta, Waluigi stole all the keys at the end and continues to dance even more confrontational majestic. However, Waluigi is defeated, and his scheme is ruined. But it was worth a try, Waluigi ... Thank you! We are all proud!

The video really has nothing to do with ssb, but it is a release that deserves to be represented. And what do you mean by this "Uhh? " As for Waluigi, read this: The Day Waluigi tried to Dominate the World
But if Waluigi was a really important role, It Was Certainly at Dance Dance Revolution: Mario Mix, the set of pump-it-up for Nintendo GameCube. Waluigi to see the the main villain of the whole plot Until I dance! Here, Waluigi has stolen the Music Keys (Keys Music) Tower of Truffles. In an attempt at world domination (calm player, I messed up on typing: Waluigi has tried to dominate the world!), Waluigi has tried to use the Keys to Musical Become a perfect dancer and "hypnotize The entire world" with his steps to shatter. However ... Waluigi has three of Musical Keys to other bosses of the game, leaving only one. He attacked Also Mario (or Luigi) and Toad with a flurry of Bob-ombs after the heroes travel to Truffle Tower to confront him (wow!). Eventually, after the dance rock (this time ... it is literally an explosive confrontation as well!), Mario (or Luigi) and recovered to beat Waluigi first Key Musical. In Beta, Waluigi stole all the keys at the end and continues to dance even more confrontational majestic. However, Waluigi is defeated, and his scheme is ruined. But it was worth a try, Waluigi ... Thank you! We are all proud!
Waluigi only appeared in spin-offs. At least Daisy appeared in Super Mario Land (Not that I'm saying she's good for SSB 4). The rest of the candidates and the characters in SSB appeared in a lot of games compared to Waluigi.

OmegaXXII

I could never see Waluigi as a playable character, why? The lack of games, only appears in spin-offs and would probably have sport related moveset.

Geno is the only Mario candidate that makes less sense than this one.
What do you mean by that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom