• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Well as much as I love Wart, Geno is also a great character, I have my respect for him.

Doki-Doki is indeed a Japan exclusive, and knowing Sakurai, it wouldn't be hard to see him in, I mean look at Marth,Lucas and Roy for example.

They weren't that popular in the states, but obviously in Japan they were, if anything could be said about this, Wart is considered retro and could be looked just as easily knowing the fact of his appearance.

Unlike Waluigi, at least Wart had a significant role in a major Mario game, even if it was just one game.

:phone:

Rosalina suporter

Smash Ace
Hmmm, you no who could be in the new smash Ty he has 3 game's on the gamecube.

I'd like to see Daisy playable in ssmb4, I Know that Peach has the Daisy costume but, im sure they could make some move's up for her.Daisy even had her own game she's been in a lot of mario game's so i can't see why she can't be in ssmb4.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
As cool as Ty the Tasmanian Tiger is, he probably wouldn't make it at all. From what I recall, EA Games was not involved with his third game.

Rosalina suporter

Smash Ace
Oh that's why he look's odd in the 3rd one lol Activision and Krome Studios are over him now!

The maker of Daisy is Gunpei Yokoi,Shigeru Miyamoto's mentor, i wonder if we will ever see her rather than useing her dress on Peach?

OmegaXXII

Well Rosalina...

First off, Daisy may be popular, and could possibly be a hit, but realistically I could only see her at most an Assist Trophy, even if she were to be included by Mr.Sakurai (which I doubt) she would most likely end up as a Peach "luigified" clone

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ckxy-i7Dc5U

Mario and Luigi 3: Bowser's Inside Story Final Boss Music

Also, I hope Bowser gets his own stage this time around.
I forgot about this song. We need some more Shimomura in this game.

Oooh, well if we are going to do third party tracks now. I'm game.

Megaman 3 - Snakeman
Megaman 4 Complete Works - Dr. Wily Stage 2
Megaman 5 - Napalmman
Megaman 9 - Galaxyman
Megaman 10 - Sheepman
Megaman 10 - Heart of Enker
Megaman X - Central Highway
Megaman Battle Network 2 - Time Limit
Megaman Network Transmission - Zero Gravity
Megaman Zero 4 - Falling Down

Dragon Quest VIII - Great Battle in the Vast Sky
Dragon Quest VII - World of the Strong
Dragon Quest VI - Pegasus
Dragon Quest V - Tower of Death

OmegaXXII

That track had me sold on that game, DQVIII had simply the best music around in the series.

I would also like to see classic tracks from Pokemon Red/Blue/Yellow, no remixes though

Pokemon R/B/Y: Indigo Plateau theme
Pokemon R/B/Y: Gary Final Battle
Pokemon R/B/Y: Team Rocket Underground Gamecorner
Pokemon R/B/Y: Pokemon Gym Battle
Pokemon G/S/C: Rival Battle
Pokemon G/S/C: Lance/Red Battle
Pokemon G/S/C: Kanto Gym Battle

IMO, those were some of the best tracks ever. :)

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
That track had me sold on that game, DQVIII had simply the best music around in the series.

I would also like to see classic tracks from Pokemon Red/Blue/Yellow, no remixes though

Pokemon R/B/Y: Indigo Plateau theme
Pokemon R/B/Y: Gary Final Battle
Pokemon R/B/Y: Team Rocket Underground Gamecorner
Pokemon R/B/Y: Pokemon Gym Battle
Pokemon G/S/C: Rival Battle
Pokemon G/S/C: Lance/Red Battle
Pokemon G/S/C: Kanto Gym Battle

IMO, those were some of the best tracks ever. :)

I've been playing throught Dragon Quest VIII, I can say you are probably right on that one. Runner up has to be Dragon Quest V though.

And just about any music from Red/Blue and Gold/Silver I want in this game.

Pokémon Gold/Silver - Route 11
Pokémon Gold/Silver - Violet City

Oh the nostalgia...

OmegaXXII

Yea man, even if the Dragon Quest VIII series is unlikely, I'm sure the tracks would make themselves be known if a rep from the series made their debut.

I am really hopeful for having a Custom Music option, that way I wouldn't have to worry about it. :)

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
Alright this is my predicted roster for SSB4. I believe that all characters from 3DS and Wii U are tradeable so I'm making one roster for the Wii U (With estimates of close to 50).

Nearly Everyone from Brawl will remain except

Lucario (Will be replace by Black/White Pokemon)
Snake (Replace by another 3rd gen possibly Megaman)

As for Newcomers

1. Little Mac (Punch Out)
2. Issac (Golden Sun)
3. Samurai Goroh (F-Zero)
4. Krystal (Starfox)
5. Toad
6. Mike Jones (Star Tropics)
7. Lyn (Fire Emblem)
8. Nester/Lark (Pilotwings, Nester's Funky Bowling, Play Action Football)
9. Andy (Advance Wars)
10. Mii (Wii series)
11. Saki (Sin and Punishment)
12. Ray (Custom Robo)
13. Captain Syrup (Wario)

That's my top 13. I had a few others to represent but I like these the most.

Why not with some characters?

Bowser Jr.: Mario Series already has a lot of characters and I felt Toad represented the series more then Bowser Jr.

Ridley: I think Ridley is much better as a boss then a playable character.

Geno: One shot sidekick that Square obviously doesn't want to promote. I feel has little chances.

More 3rd parties: I'm not a fan of them in general and feel Smash should revolve around Nintendo and not every popular character under the sun.

Zombiesarecool

Smash Cadet
Someone should settle this square geno/cloud etc BS by emailing Square-Enix directly and ask them if you guys were asked to put a character in Super Smash Bros 4 who would you guys like to represent your company?

Chidosengan

Smash Lord
Someone should settle this square geno/cloud etc BS by emailing Square-Enix directly and ask them if you guys were asked to put a character in Super Smash Bros 4 who would you guys like to represent your company?
They are not going to answer lol. You'll probably going to get an automated email response detailing nothing.

refugee

Smash Journeyman
Yes because SE would really answer that question to some random person calling them. :rolleyes:

Steam

Smash Hero
@MR- why would they keep Snake and Lucario out but put in characters from obscure, dead franchises like Mike Jones and Saki?

reserk

Smash Cadet
ugh im getting sick of seeing FF fanboys fighting it out here. cloud will NOT be in smash, end of story. if any SE character deserves to be in smash its Geno. he's been part of mario's universe more than cloud or any final fantasy character. hasn't anybody here ever played Mario RPG? Geno's more likely to be picked out of this than any other SE character.

majora_787

Smash Hero
@MR- why would they keep Snake and Lucario out but put in characters from obscure, dead franchises like Mike Jones and Saki?
It's not dead, their last game wasn't that long ago. o_O But yeah, obscure for sure. xD

Gamingboy

Smash Lord
A few predictions from my big prediction list:

A) While the GCN controllers won't work, several 3rd party controllers will come out to replace them. Nintendo itself might make the Classic controller more GCN-like.

B) "Subspace Emissary 2" will be longer than "Subspace Emissary 1", but not by very much.

C) Alternate Costumes (as opposed to alternate colorings of costumes and characters) will be more common. There already are some alternate costumes- such as Wario having his "Mario-Style" costume, Pikachu's hats and Jigglypuff's hats. As mentioned before, "Dr. Mario" is a definite possibility. Mario could also maybe have a (purely aesthetic) Tanooki Suit, because Tanooki Suits are cool. I could also see maybe having Fox have his father's sunglasses as a alt-costume. Peach has had Daisy as a alt since SSBM- I want to see her be able to alt into Rosalina as well.

D) Link will be the Skyward Sword version, but it's possible that the "HD Link" could be it as well, if Nintendo decides to pursue that into a full game.

E) Kirby will look exactly the same and will once again be confused when Mario, Link and Pikachu all get graphical upgrades in the trailer.

F) Some trophies will only be available on the 3DS version and will have to be transferred over.

G) The fans that chant and cheer will become more interactive, and occasionally throw items to you if you "play to the crowd". This feature will be able to be turned on and off.

H) On a similar note, some characters will get "home field advantages" (again, this would be a feature that can be turned on and off). So, like Fox won't get attacked by the Arwings (although he might get caught in the crossfire), Koopas in a "Bowser's Castle" stage (which TOTALLY needs to be included) won't attack their boss, etc. In addition, a character in the "home" stage will be more likely to get crowd assistance.

Coolwhip

Smash Champion
NNID
Co0lwhip
I'm happy that the new smash is coming soon. However, Gc controllers won't be use.
Alot of brawl players that use the Gc controllers (Like myself) will have to start ALL OVER
with the wii mote/classic controller.

All the advance techs, moves & all that other good stuff we've learn in brawl won't be carry over
into smash 4.

GGs nintendo......

Thino

Smash Master
I'm happy that the new smash is coming soon. However, Gc controllers won't be use.
Alot of brawl players that use the Gc controllers (Like myself) will have to start ALL OVER
with the wii mote/classic controller.

All the advance techs, moves & all that other good stuff we've learn in brawl won't be carry over
into smash 4.

GGs nintendo......
oh come on its not the controller change that will prevent advance techs and moves to carry over , its the way they design the game

SSB64 and Melee have different controllers , shorthop and L/Z cancel carried over

Melee and Brawl both have GCN controller in common , no more L cancel in brawl

God forbid that we have to learn a game all over again ! epic lazyness !

daAZNSensation

Smash Cadet
L cancel should be brought back into the game, there's nothing wrong with it, anybody could use it, and we will be able to string up combos more easily.
Short hop is just short hop, of course they are going to carry it over.

Jonas

Smash Champion
Lucario and Snake are DEFINITELY out of this one. Lucario, for the same reason Mewtwo got kicked (while the other Pokémon represent the franchise as a whole, Mewtwo only really represented the Pokémon movie in which he was the villain). Lucario isn't even a very noteworthy or well known Pokémon, and he's only in Brawl because he was a major character in a Pokemon movie that got out in Japan at the time of Brawl's release.

Snake is a "guest fighter," as it were. Nintendo can't use him again without Konami's permission and, while Nintendo might be allowed if they asked, which I don't think they will, Konami isn't really doing anything with Snake right now. At best he might be replaced by Raiden lol.

L cancel should be brought back into the game, there's nothing wrong with it, anybody could use it, and we will be able to string up combos more easily.
You could string up combos just as easily if it were automatic (say a move had 8 recovery frames, they just change it to 4 by default).

User33

Smash Journeyman
ugh im getting sick of seeing FF fanboys fighting it out here. cloud will NOT be in smash, end of story. if any SE character deserves to be in smash its Geno. he's been part of mario's universe more than cloud or any final fantasy character. hasn't anybody here ever played Mario RPG? Geno's more likely to be picked out of this than any other SE character.
Hate to break it to you, but Geno is almost as unlikely as Cloud.

Snake is a "guest fighter," as it were. Nintendo can't use him again without Konami's permission and, while Nintendo might be allowed if they asked, which I don't think they will, Konami isn't really doing anything with Snake right now. At best he might be replaced by Raiden lol.
I could see Kojima begging Sakurai to put Snake in again

majora_787

Smash Hero
A few predictions from my big prediction list:

A) While the GCN controllers won't work, several 3rd party controllers will come out to replace them. Nintendo itself might make the Classic controller more GCN-like.

B) "Subspace Emissary 2" will be longer than "Subspace Emissary 1", but not by very much.

C) Alternate Costumes (as opposed to alternate colorings of costumes and characters) will be more common. There already are some alternate costumes- such as Wario having his "Mario-Style" costume, Pikachu's hats and Jigglypuff's hats. As mentioned before, "Dr. Mario" is a definite possibility. Mario could also maybe have a (purely aesthetic) Tanooki Suit, because Tanooki Suits are cool. I could also see maybe having Fox have his father's sunglasses as a alt-costume. Peach has had Daisy as a alt since SSBM- I want to see her be able to alt into Rosalina as well.

D) Link will be the Skyward Sword version, but it's possible that the "HD Link" could be it as well, if Nintendo decides to pursue that into a full game.

E) Kirby will look exactly the same and will once again be confused when Mario, Link and Pikachu all get graphical upgrades in the trailer.

F) Some trophies will only be available on the 3DS version and will have to be transferred over.

G) The fans that chant and cheer will become more interactive, and occasionally throw items to you if you "play to the crowd". This feature will be able to be turned on and off.

H) On a similar note, some characters will get "home field advantages" (again, this would be a feature that can be turned on and off). So, like Fox won't get attacked by the Arwings (although he might get caught in the crossfire), Koopas in a "Bowser's Castle" stage (which TOTALLY needs to be included) won't attack their boss, etc. In addition, a character in the "home" stage will be more likely to get crowd assistance.
A. I'd like that. xD Smash was the entire reason I got a new GCN controller for the Wii.

B. No. You evil, sick, twisted person.

C. That'd be nice.

D. Yay.

E. Come on, they can't milk that gag forever...

F. I hope they don't stop at trophies... I want that to happen with stages and characters!

G. If that EVER happens, it had better be allowed to be turned off xD Nice for boss fights, though.

H. That'd be nice, but they should also just make home stages that suit the character's needs. None of these home stages that HINDER the character...

D

Deleted member

Job interview is coming tomorrow, so I can post here today. I have a lot to say for my first post of the day (Not including posting very late into the night):

[COLLAPSE="Some things to discuss"]@User33: What about Devil for a Nintendo WTF? character or the main character from the same game? I'm not expecting him to appear, but he would be a good WTF? character and would be an interesting surprise.

Cloud is certainly overrated. I believe he would be a good character, but I don't really think that he's necessary for the game and Square Enix isn't going to pick a character with cameo appearance in GBA Kingdom Hearts game when they can use a character that is much more important to them and has a long history with Nintendo consoles, like Slime, which I'll support in the case that Square Enix rep becomes likely.

For music, these are a few Nintendo tracks I would love to see in Smash 4:
Sin & Punishment - Stage 2-1
Pokemon Heart Gold & Soul Silver - Route 29
Earthbound - Otherwordly Foe
Pokemon Trading Card Game - Grandmaster's Duel
Super Mario Galaxy - Dino Piranha
Super Mario RPG: Legends of the Seven Stars - Here's Some Weapons
Kirby's Adventure - Vegetable Valley 1 (And yes, I made this extended version for hearing pleasure)
Donkey Kong Country - Life in the Mines
Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy Kong's Quest - Mining Melancholy

I would love to see these Mega Man tracks in SSB4:
Mega Man 2 - Metal Man
Mega Man 10 - Fake Man

More suggestions if I feel like. Also, I think Mega Man 7 has the best soundtrack out of the classic Mega Man series.

Let's discuss Assist Trophies. This is one thing about characters that hasn't been done to death already.

First off, who would you like to see as an Assist Trophy? Me, I would like to see Black Shadow take the place of Samurai Goroh as an Assist Trophy. One of Matthew/Felix should take the place of Issac as well. Another character I think would be great as an Assist Trophy is Proto Man, who can basically jump and shot opponents a la Mega Man 3. Rosalina would be good as an Assist Trophy as well.

Secondly, the ones that are Assist Trophy. How many characters do you think will be upgraded to Assist Trophies? There are 27 Assist Trophies in Brawl.

These are the players I can see getting in the game as playable characters: {Issac, Ray MK III, Saki Amamiya, Lyn, Little Mac, Starfy, Samurai Gorah}. Granted, this is a bit much, but it leaves us with seven potential playable characters, which is a lot when you think about it.

All seven remaining as Assist Trophies would be madness, they all have potential to be playable character. It doesn't mean that all of them will become playable, but I bet that Nintendo will consider upgrading some of these to playable characters, so none of the characters I mentioned should be totally ruled out.

One is 99% guarantee and six is possible, although questionable. I can see us getting somewhere between three to four playable Assist Trophies and potentially even six if Nintendo is that starved of new characters. These are what I think are likely scenarios:

{Little Mac, Issac, Starfy}: Takes into account if relevance is an absolute barrier and Saki isn't considered by Sakurai and his team a retro character.
{Little Mac, Samurai Gorah, Saki Amamiya, Ray MK III}: If relevance is not too important of a factor and that we see only characters that have appeared on consoles.
{Little Mac, Saki Amamiya, Issac, Starfy}: If relevance is an absolute barrier and Saki is old enough to be considered a retro character.
{Little Mac, Saki Amamiya, Samurai Gorah, Ray MK III, Issac, Starfy}: In the case that we get a roster that is at least 48 characters, relevance is not too important of a factor, and if there are no exclusives. Questionable, but not something to rule out in the case a 48+ character roster sounds likely.

Many people would be really disappointed if only one were made Assist Trophies as all seven have potentials of being unique if the developers try hard enough. I'm not saying all will make it (I have my doubts about Lyn getting in and all characters except Little Mac have points going against their inclusions). The team shouldn't (And probably won't) overlook the opportunity to upgrade a few characters from Assist Trophies to playable character and I imagine it would take slightly less work then a new character from the ground up.[/COLLAPSE]

The following people I responded to:
- Glowworm
- Starphoenix
- Jonas
- Hoots
- reserk
- Steam
- ChronoBound
- Spydr Enzo
- Rosalina suporter
[COLLAPSE="Quotes and responses"]
Hoots said:
Another Geno debate. Delicious. I think it's funny that people trash talk Geno but then put like Ryu from SF or Mike Jones in their rosters. The hypocrisy...
Mike Jones I understand, but Ryu is actually the second most likely third-party character in the game, next to Classic Mega Man. As much as I want Mega Man in the game, don't rule out the possibility of Ryu getting in instead as Nintendo and Capcom could use him to take a shortcut towards getting third-party characters.
Starphoenix said:
Yeah but guess where all those game series keep landing? Sony platforms.

Plus, there are many such as myself who loathe this character. It isn't like Megaman where a majority like him, there is a lot of hate for Cloud. There are better choices even within the Final Fantasy universe that wouldn't alienate as many people.
I think we can rule out Cloud now, as he fits under the "Hated" character guidelines. Same with Shadow and Waluigi.
Glöwworm said:
@ Super sMash Bros. Fan

from your roster

Another character from F-Zero is long due.
Exactly. People have been wanting a second F-zero rep for years and many people want Samurai Gorah. I'm not saying he will be in the game, but chances are still pretty good as the series needs one almost as much as Metroid does.
Steam said:
I'm unsure about medusa... or sin and punishment. never heard of that takamaru thing.
Thanks for reviewing.

Anyway, for Medusa, a second Kid Icarus rep is almost guarantee and most people want Medusa in the game. As such, Medusa is the most likely candidate for SSB4 to be a Kid Icarus rep (And my most preferred). Sin & Punishment has Saki Amamiya as an Assist Trophy and I have seen considerable support for him over at IGN, here, and GameFAQs. He easily fits into every description and as such, either him or Isa Jo stands a good chance of getting into the next Smash.

As for Takamaru, he is a samurai and the protagonist of The Mysterious Murasame Castle, a Japan-only game. Sakurai said he would consider him if he appeared in more games and since he has, he will be considering Takamaru for the game. If he gets enough popular support between now and October, 2011, he could be placed into the game and I would really like to play as him. The only thing that could keep him from the game is his unpopularity, but that can be fixed.
Spydr Enzo said:
I honestly don't think we'll see as many third party characters as people think we'll see. Just because there aren't as many "major" Nintendo characters left doesn't mean that there isn't enough to bring in the regular amount of newcomers (maybe even more) using only Nintendo characters that are either popular, familiar, or important to their series.

These Nintendo characters should always be higher priority than third party characters. With that said, the only third-party I'm expecting is Megaman, simply because of fan demand, like in Sonic's case.
Glad to finally see you on the Super Smash Bros. 4 Wii-U discussion. Nice to see you.

You're definitely right about people expecting too many third-party characters in the game. The only three that are really likely are Sonic, Snake, and Mega Man, others are questionable (Ryu from Street Fighter) to downright impossible (Master Chief). I am only expecting about three third-party characters at this point. It could go up to four, but to avoid disappointment, I say three.

You're also right about us still having plenty of Nintendo characters left and I think this could very well be the last installment of the series, so Sakurai probably wants to fulfill as many request as possible. This is why I think at least forty-six characters is not that hard to see. I highly, highly doubt we'll see anything less then forty-two and if we do, that's going to scare off a lot of people and character roster is one of what I consider to be the most important thing in the game.

That said, I don't think either Snake or Sonic will be on the chopping blocks. Both are very popular, unique, and by the looks of it, Konami is improving relationship with Nintendo. Sega has a very good relationship with Nintendo nowadays. That said, as much as I love playing with Snake and Sonic and would love to see Mega Man, I would gladly give up these three if it means getting three Nintendo characters I want.
ChronoBound said:
I personally got the feeling that we will be seeing much more guests (possibly more than four) this time around, and that Snake and Sonic will return.

Supposedly, Sakurai has said that he has not even begun to think about characters for Smash 4. Either he is lying, or Smash 4 will focus more on gameplay and new modes this time around.

My character wishlist for Smash 4 can only be counted on one hand anyway. Ridley, Toad, Little Mac, Roy, and Mewtwo are pretty much the only characters with a realistic shot of getting in that I look forward to for Smash 4.

The only guests I would like to see would be Mega Man and Crono. However, only the former has a realistic chance of getting in.
- Why are you getting that feeling that we will get four or more guest characters in the game? As you said, this is a Nintendo fighting game and if we only get around 40-44 characters, they probably won't even bother with a fourth guest characters. That's more of what I would expect of a 49+ character roster or DLC characters.

- Why do you think Roy is realistic? He was a clone in Smash and was removed as a reason. Yes he was considered for Brawl, but I highly doubt that they'll consider him again.

- I have many guests that I want to see, but the only one I absolutely need is Mega Man.
Hoots said:
What do people think Starfy's chance of being in Smash 4 are? Ive been playing The Legendary Starfy and he is absolutely perfect for Smash. He has a double jump with a glide and four transformations that would make great special moves.
I would say his chances are pretty good, but I'm worried that Starfy will be 3DS exclusive, considering that he has only appeared on handhelds. Him being an Assist Trophy helps and I can see him being in the game, but I'm afraid his best chance is on the 3DS.
Rosalina suporter said:
Hmmm, you no who could be in the new smash Ty he has 3 game's on the gamecube.

I'd like to see Daisy playable in ssmb4, I Know that Peach has the Daisy costume but, im sure they could make some move's up for her.Daisy even had her own game she's been in a lot of mario game's so i can't see why she can't be in ssmb4.
Ty would be a good character, but his chances are very, very poor. Don't get your hopes up.

And really, Daisy is best as Peach's costume. If made as a separate character, she would be a clone of Peach.
reserk said:
As interesting as Geno would be, he's probably not getting into the next Smash game. As a matter of fact, I wouldn't be surprise if we don't see anyone from Square Enix. If anyone from Square Enix is getting in, it's going to be Slime.
Jonas said:
They're putting Snake in a Metal Gear Solid 3 remake on the Nintendo 3DS. Plus he's popular with gamers, is unique, and I highly doubt Kojima would just drop him for the next installment. I'm not saying he's guarantee to come back, but ruling out Snake is ridiculous, when Wolf and Toon Link are much more likely to be on the chopping block.[/COLLAPSE][COLLAPSE="Master Rapier's Character Roster Analysis"]
Master Rapier said:
Alright this is my predicted roster for SSB4. I believe that all characters from 3DS and Wii U are tradeable so I'm making one roster for the Wii U (With estimates of close to 50).

Snake (Replace by another 3rd gen possibly Megaman) I don't think we're going to be see Snake going. If Kojima wanted Snake so badly in Brawl, I don't see him just giving him up now. There's also the fact that he's going to be in a Metal Gear Solid 3 remake for the 3DS, so Konami clearly has interest in Nintendo. Both he and Sonic are probably staying.

As for Newcomers

2. Issac (Golden Sun)
4. Krystal (Starfox) Could happen, but I have my doubts about this.
5. Toad
6. Mike Jones (Star Tropics) His chances are very poor. None of his games have appeared in Japan. They'll consider Japanese-exclusive characters before Nintendo characters that have never appeared in Nintendo's home land.
7. Lyn (Fire Emblem) Possible, but I have my doubts about this as well, thought being an Assist Trophy helps her chance.
8. Nester/Lark (Pilotwings, Nester's Funky Bowling, Play Action Football) I highly doubt he's going to be in.
9. Andy (Advance Wars) Uhh, what makes you think he stands a decent chance of getting in? He's not popular with requests at all and I honestly could care less about him.
10. Mii (Wii series) I'm not sure about this, but we'll have to wait for more information before judging whenever or not they'll make an appearance.
12. Ray (Custom Robo)
13. Captain Syrup (Wario) Probably not coming to Smash. The best I can see her is an Assist Trophy, nothing else.

Bowser Jr.: Mario Series already has a lot of characters and I felt Toad represented the series more then Bowser Jr.

Ridley: I think Ridley is much better as a boss then a playable character. Why so? I see nothing going against Ridley's inclusion, the only thing that would keep him from coming is if the team goofs up. And with such huge requests, he's near guarantee.

Geno: One shot sidekick that Square obviously doesn't want to promote. I feel has little chances.

More 3rd parties: I'm not a fan of them in general and feel Smash should revolve around Nintendo and not every popular character under the sun.
I like some of your suggestions, but some of them are a long shot to say the least.[/COLLAPSE]

Gamingboy

Smash Lord
Lucario and Snake are DEFINITELY out of this one. Lucario, for the same reason Mewtwo got kicked (while the other Pokémon represent the franchise as a whole, Mewtwo only really represented the Pokémon movie in which he was the villain). Lucario isn't even a very noteworthy or well known Pokémon, and he's only in Brawl because he was a major character in a Pokemon movie that got out in Japan at the time of Brawl's release.

Just because somebody is a "guest" doesn't mean they can't be "invited" again. Snake and Sonic will be back and will, I predict, be joined by one or two more third-parties (two or three, if you count Professor Layton- a third party character that seems to be exclusive to Nintendo consoles).

D

Deleted member

Just because somebody is a "guest" doesn't mean they can't be "invited" again. Snake and Sonic will be back and will, I predict, be joined by one or two more third-parties (two or three, if you count Professor Layton- a third party character that seems to be exclusive to Nintendo consoles).
I don't think we're going to be seeing Professor Layton, at least not on the Wii-U version. He is more likely then Cloud, Phoenix Wright (This guy better not be in Smash 4), and Geno, but if we are going to see him, he'll probably be on handhelds.

Gamingboy

Smash Lord
I don't think we're going to be seeing Professor Layton, at least not on the Wii-U version. He is more likely then Cloud, Phoenix Wright (This guy better not be in Smash 4), and Geno, but if we are going to see him, he'll probably be on handhelds.
Totally agree that he's more likely to be on 3DS, since that's his "native" console, but I guess you never know.

Agree on Phoenix Wright. He's a assist trophy if I've ever seen one, not a fighter character.

Steam

Smash Hero
Snake has a good chance of being back as well. certainly more than characters from obscure and dead franchises.... that and lucario is much more well-known and mainstream than you give him credit for.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
We've discussed playables, but maybe we should think about Assist Trophy and Poke Ball characters as well. Here are some examples that I've thought up...

Mugly: He'd ram into opposing players, dealing decent damage and knockback.

Kamek: He'd fire magic blasts, which deal variable damage to foes.

Kracko: He'd pursue the opponent whose in the lead and deal damage to him/her. The stronger the target's lead, the stronger the attack is; the attack can even cause KOs. If the leading player releases Kracko, he'll chase after the player in 2nd place, but his attacks won't have KO potential, nor will it do a lot of damage.

Daroach: He'll throw bombs of various sizes at opponents. Large bombs deal heavy damage and knockback; small bombs deal light damage and knockback; medium sized bombs deal moderate damage and knockback.

Gigalith: It'll fire a powerful SolarBeam at opponents. The impact of the attack is often powerful enough to cause 1-hit KOs.

Darmanitan: It'll use Flare Blitz to damage anyone in its path. Darmanitan will be in its normal state while using this move.

Scraggy: It'll perform Headbutts on targets, dealing decent damage.

Terrakion: It'll use Sacred Sword on targets. The move delivers strong knockback, and will instantly break any shields that are active, meaning that blocking this attack is not advisable by any means.

Hoots

Can Be Combative

Snake (Replace by another 3rd gen possibly Megaman)

As for Newcomers

2. Issac (Golden Sun)
4. Krystal (Starfox)
5. Toad
6. Mike Jones (Star Tropics)
7. Lyn (Fire Emblem)
8. Nester/Lark (Pilotwings, Nester's Funky Bowling, Play Action Football)
9. Andy (Advance Wars)
10. Mii (Wii series)
12. Ray (Custom Robo)
13. Captain Syrup (Wario)

Ridley: I think Ridley is much better as a boss then a playable character.

No K Rool??????? Raaaaaaaaaaaaaage! Also, you don't have a new Kid Icarus rep which there WILL be. Also, Mike Jones and Nester can eat a ****. With all of Nintendo's cool and unique characters, you want to slap on not one, but 2 wacky human kids? Kill me.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Hahaaha. When Sakurai reveals that Smash 4's roster will only be "about" the same size as Brawl's roster, things are not going to end well. I posted a bit that Sakurai said about how due to the 3DS version, "the usual areas of enjoyment for Smash Bros. will be handicapped", and everything got angry at me.

Keep in mind these were the same people who felt that Smash 3DS and Smash Wii U should have the same roster, and ignored my arguments that the 3DS version would be unable to reach the amount of the its console brethren. They belched stuff like, "it would not be fair to those who only have the 3DS version to miss out on characters." Well I guess Sakurai is going to grant their wish, only in a twisted fashion (much less characters for the Wii U version).

Everyone really got angry. I feel sorry for Sakurai when he finally outright says that Smash 4's roster will be about "the same size" as Brawl's roster. The casual fanbase will go nuclear when they realize they won't be getting their four Star Fox characters, five Sonic characters, six Zelda characters, and 10 Marios characters (which include Geno and Waluigi). Get a bag of popcorn ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom