• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
I only said 2015 because the game isn't in development yet, so to say anything within this year, next year, or the year after seemed stupid. It really doesn't matter.

And I only made it have Mewtwo almost Taboo like because Mewtwo is the ****ing man.

Just trying to get people hyped is all. xD
WHY ISN'T GANON IN YO TRAILER?

bhobkv hjvhj

Kantrip

Kantplay
Yeah, all two of our trailers ;)

I think Tabuu should make an appearance along with Master, Crazy, and a new smash boss. Maybe Tabuu could work his way to playable?

GTA_Hater_331

Smash Journeyman
In Brawl, I wasn't much better with one given character than I was with another, and didn't notice much of a tier gradient. I'm sure that if the entire production team collaborated, they could eventually make Smash 4 the most balanced in the series. Call me backwards or archaic for saying this, but if Brawl wasn't balanced, none of them were "balanced."

vVv Rapture

Smash Lord
Writing Team
WHY ISN'T GANON IN YO TRAILER?

bhobkv hjvhj
Idk.

Also Mewtwo is the ****, he is definitely that powerful, watch the first Pokemon movie.

Also also, I want to see if there are any anti-Ridley people left, so if there aren't I can safely say we have won.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
I only said 2015 because the game isn't in development yet, so to say anything within this year, next year, or the year after seemed stupid. It really doesn't matter.

And I only made it have Mewtwo almost Taboo like because Mewtwo is the ****ing man.

Just trying to get people hyped is all. xD
How do you know that it's not in development or nor, if Iwata revealed information about it?

Toad is cool and all, but NO MORE toad, instead have Wart from the same game instead, be is a forgotten retro character with a lot of potential to be a bad*** just as Mewtwo.

I'm hoping a character costume of Armored Mewtwo appeared, best ****in character ever!!

:phone:

vVv Rapture

Smash Lord
Writing Team
In Brawl, I wasn't much better with one given character than I was with another, and didn't notice much of a tier gradient. I'm sure that if the entire production team collaborated, they could eventually make Smash 4 the most balanced in the series. Call me backwards or archaic for saying this, but if Brawl wasn't balanced, none of them were "balanced."
None of them were balanced, so you'd be right in saying that.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Idk.

Also Mewtwo is the ****, he is definitely that powerful, watch the first Pokemon movie.

Also also, I want to see if there are any anti-Ridley people left, so if there aren't I can safely say we have won.
Ridley is too big!!!!11!!11!!!!!1

LOL

vVv Rapture

Smash Lord
Writing Team
How do you know that it's not in development or nor, if Iwata revealed information about it?

Toad is cool and all, but NO MORE toad, instead have Wart from the same game instead, be is a forgotten retro character with a lot of potential to be a bad*** just as Mewtwo.

I'm hoping a character costume of Armored Mewtwo appeared, best ****in character ever!!

Sakurai said it himself they haven't even started working on it. And yeah Armored Mewtwo is ridiculous.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
Melee's high tier balance was better and 64 was way, WAY more balanced than Brawl.

OmegaXXII

Sakurai said it himself they haven't even started working on it. And yeah Armored Mewtwo is ridiculous.

I only meant as an alternative costume, not as his primary one, y'know like in adventure mode or something he makes a debut wearing it.

Anyway, who's better Ridley or Dark Samus?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I only meant as an alternative costume, not as his primary one, y'know like in adventure mode or something he makes a debut wearing it.

Anyway, who's better Ridley or Dark Samus?

Ridley

x10

Edit: Ridley IS Samus' Rival. Ridley is the most important villain in ALL of Metroid

vVv Rapture

Smash Lord
Writing Team
Ridley. But Dark Samus would be a great addition, as well, as I'd put her as third most important villain in Metroid only behind Ridley and Mother Brain.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
hmmm... i wouldn't necessarily call my self anti-ridley per se... i mean i wanted ridley ever since i saw the melee intro... (i also wanted wolf... he was also in the melee opening) but i just cannot get past multiple aspects that block him from being playable... his size is not a problem for me... there are other factors.

apologies for the frivolity and my presence in general. know that i will not stop you from putting him in your rosters and dreaming of his playable status in smash brothers. frankly, i wish they can make it work (without it looking too weird.)

i will also not pressure your views on ridley with my own the way i do with everything else as i too want ridley in smash.
i will also not inform you the various reasons.
it would be meaningless to those with hearts... i am a nobody so you shouldn't tend me any mind anyways... when it comes down to it we all fall into nothingness.
don't read the spoiler... it's just for the lulz...

OmegaXXII

Ridley

x10

Edit: Ridley IS Samus' Rival. Ridley is the most important villain in ALL of Metroid
That is quite a statement, I am sure they would be able to make him work like Olimar for example, but would he work in a similar way as Charizard? Heavy, flying, Fsmashes, etc..

"I am a nobody"

I just died of laughter!!

GTA_Hater_331

Smash Journeyman
Ridley or Dark Samus, you ask? Ridley has been in the Metroid Series since the beginning, while Dark Samus first appeared in Echoes (the seventh game in the series!). I'm personally the only one here who liked Echoes just a little bit better than Prime and Corruption, but because Ridley is more important to the franchise, I'd rather see him in Smash 4.

vVv Rapture

Smash Lord
Writing Team
Ridley or Dark Samus, you ask? Ridley has been in the Metroid Series since the beginning, while Dark Samus first appeared in Echoes (the seventh game in the series!). I'm personally the only one here who liked Echoes just a little bit better than Prime and Corruption, but because Ridley is more important to the franchise, I'd rather see him in Smash 4.
Technically, Dark Samus was in Metroid Prime, too.

Kantrip

Kantplay
-checks in the new thread for the first time earlier today-

Hmmm, I wonder what they're talking about in this new thre-

-sees Ridley and Toad again-

/dies

GTA_Hater_331

Smash Journeyman
Technically, Dark Samus was in Metroid Prime, too.
So perhaps Dark Samus did appear in the secret ending for Metroid Prime. I still think Ridley's the better of the two, though Dark Samus is certainly deserving. Just to round it out at 3 character slots for the Metroid series, Dark Samus should be the 3rd, because the other three hunters in Corruption haven't established themselves like Ridley and Dark Samus, and we don't like to speak of Other M. I'm on the fence about Mother Brain, because I see her as more difficult to implement, and other reasons that don't bear repeating.

GTA_Hater_331

Smash Journeyman
Nothing wrong with Ridley

Toad.... Meh. :awesome:
I know how you feel. Not to mention they're going to have to do something about Peach's Neutral Special. If you people have reached a concensus on that, please recite it! If not, I'll concur with those who say scrap the Toad move altogether, whether or not Toad is made playable.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Hey I want both characters playable, but the amount of debating the last thread did that went in circles was ridiculous. Peach can use the same move, or it could be changed to toadsworth, or poochy, or her parasol companion, or anything. Toad himself also has moveset potential and nothing working against him. Same with Ridley, and cannon size is not a factor.

I know how you feel. Not to mention they're going to have to do something about Peach's Neutral Special. If you people have reached a concensus on that, please recite it! If not, I'll concur with those who say scrap the Toad move altogether, whether or not Toad is made playable.
Don't worry. If Toad is not getting in then I'm fine. I won't cry or get mad. I just want him in.

It's pointless to shoot down Toad with the neutral B.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Yes, development hasn't offically begun yet but that doesn't mean that planning hasn't. For Brawl, planning for the game started in May 2005 but development didn't begin until October 2005 mainly because Sakurai was hiring people and how they were waiting for the office building that Brawl was going to be developed in to be finished. Regardless I don't think SSB4 won't be released later than 2014 for a number of reasons.

1. There were two big hold ups in Brawl's development: waiting for the new office building to be finished and complications with implementing online play because, according to Sakurai, it was extremelly difficult not only because of the Wii's weak online infrastructure but because of all the things that happen onscreen during a typical Smash Bros match. Not only will the WiiU online be significantly better than the Wii's but now Sakurai actually has experience with online thus eliminating a lot of complications. Another thing to consider is that Sakurai now has a company of his own, SORA, so he already has an HQ of sorts instead of having to wait for Nintendo to make him one like last time.

2. Just like Brawl, it's already been confirmed that the basic engine for this game will be taken from Super Smash Bros Melee so that in itself saves a lot of work.

3. Given what has been said so far, the two new Smash games seem to be halves of each other. The 3DS one mostly seems to be concerned with one player modes while the WiiU one seems to be concerned with multiplayer. Two games with two distinct halves naturally means that there will be two teams instead of one. Two teams working on two halves of the same game will no doubt speed up the development process.

4. Development will offically begin when Sakurai gets a basic team. Given how popular Smash Bros is and the kind of connections Sakurai has made with Smash Bros, I bet Sakurai could easily get together a team by the end of July. Brawl took 2 years and 2 months to develop so if we were to line this up with August 2011, SSB4 would be released October 2013 at the earliest. Throw in some possible delays and it's definitely a stretch to see SSB4 coming out later than 2014.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
So perhaps Dark Samus did appear in the secret ending for Metroid Prime. I still think Ridley's the better of the two, though Dark Samus is certainly deserving. Just to round it out at 3 character slots for the Metroid series, Dark Samus should be the 3rd, because the other three hunters in Corruption haven't established themselves like Ridley and Dark Samus, and we don't like to speak of Other M. I'm on the fence about Mother Brain, because I see her as more difficult to implement, and other reasons that don't bear repeating.
Mother Brain is a tool.

Ridley does what he wants and murders the parents of bounty hunters

Edit:I'm fairly certain that our rules for determining which characters get into smash don't really matter to Sakurai.

Remember when he "Deconfirmed" ROB because he appeared as multiple enemies in SSE?

Lord Hokage

Smash Apprentice
...guess what? toad sucks, he already with Peach, nuff said.¥

Megaman sucks!!1¥

I told ya last time,Sakurai did well not to include him, and guess what, he's still won't be in!!!

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
...guess what? toad sucks, he already with Peach, nuff said.¥

Megaman sucks!!1¥

I told ya last time,Sakurai did well not to include him, and guess what, he's still won't be in!!!
Like I just said, Sakurai never made any rule dictating that a character can't get in because they are involved in anyone's move set.

That was a "rule" made by US, and some of our rules have been proven to mean nothing in the long run before

Lord Hokage

Smash Apprentice
what's the point? evrybody knows there's too many Mario related character already, we dont need another regardless of uniqueness or not.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
what's the point? evrybody knows there's too many Mario related character already, we dont need another regardless of uniqueness or not.
I don't see a problem if they want to add more Mario Characters

Edit: My initial post was suppose to say, "I don't see a problem if they want to add 10 more mario characters"

Lord Hokage

Smash Apprentice
maybe so, but dont you thinkk another series deserves more reps instead? like metroid or perhaps F-Zero or Icarus, im not saying toad is a bad idea, just saying other franchise that lack representation should get considered before they move on to Mario.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
... I'm one of the people who don't want anymore Mario characters. I mean, Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser, Wario, DK, Diddy, Yoshi and yall want more? I think that's enough tbh. I like more obscure, less known character than whored out, kinda important Mario supporting characters.

Master Peach

Smash Ace
Sakurai could include more Mario characters if he wanted to, but I think in his state of mind he would want to add more characters to the mix other than Mario characters. If he does add another Mario Character it'd probably be Rosalina, Waluigi, or someone more recent and significant.

OmegaXXII

maybe so, but dont you thinkk another series deserves more reps instead? like metroid or perhaps F-Zero or Icarus, im not saying toad is a bad idea, just saying other franchise that lack representation should get considered before they move on to Mario.
Yea man, I would like to see Black Shadow, Ridley, or someone from Fire Emblem rather than getting "another" Mario character, this ain't gonna happen unless people are will to substitute a character for him, which at this point in time, I highly that anyone wants.

Custom Music, DLC content, Wart and mechanics closer to Melee are things I really, really hope and expect to see.

Master Peach

Smash Ace
Yea man, I would like to see Black Shadow, Ridley, or someone from Fire Emblem rather than getting "another" Mario character, this ain't gonna happen unless people are will to substitute a character for him, which at this point in time, I highly that anyone wants.

Custom Music, DLC content, Wart and mechanics closer to Melee are things I really, really hope and expect to see.

"Custom Music, DLC, and mechanics closer to Melee"

Amen Brother.

Wart i don't mind but he's not a personal want for me but everything else I agree with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom