• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kantrip

Kantplay
... I'm one of the people who don't want anymore Mario characters. I mean, Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser, Wario, DK, Diddy, Yoshi and yall want more? I think that's enough tbh. I like more obscure, less known character than whored out, kinda important Mario supporting characters.
Honestly? Donkey Kong has branched off into its own franchise long ago. The lack of logical reasoning in this thread is astounding also. We may as well wait until we get more info because right now this thread is just picking up where the last one left off but back a few steps. Anyone care to read Spydr's essay? When you are considering characters, a unique and popular choice should not be neglected because of its franchise.

:phone:

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
i don't see toadsworth being peach's meat shield... i will level with you a little bit. there are more than enough toads out there. let's say there are 3 toads on the battlefield and peach uses her B move. that toad can easily remain the exact same color it has always been. from another viewpoint in the same scenario, peach's toad can be a different color from the various toads already in play. there is nothing related to peach that is holding toad back from being playable... the other factors are just too grand for toad to leap over. (lol i made a funny... toad has the lowest jump in SMB2)

unfortunately for you and the rest of the toad loving community, toad will not see the light of being a combatant in any smash to come. see, im not such a bad guy. i defended you, kinda.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
"Custom Music, DLC, and mechanics closer to Melee"

Amen Brother.

Wart i don't mind but he's not a personal want for me but everything else I agree with.
We must be alike then! :cool:

But on the subject, I've been reading all these Toad inclusions, and while Toad has a reputable fan base, it's others like Wart that urgently needs some light, too many of the same characters are overused, and IMO makes them look a bit overrated and boring, we are somehow presented with a character that nowone was expecting, it would be a real shocker and be able to expect to movesets that otherwise nowone ever expected to see.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
We must be alike then! :cool:

But on the subject, I've been reading all these Toad inclusions, and while Toad has a reputable fan base, it's others like Wart that urgently needs some light, too many of the same characters are overused, and IMO makes them look a bit overrated and boring, we are somehow presented with a character that nowone was expecting, it would be a real shocker and be able to expect to movesets that otherwise nowone ever expected to see.

*Cough*Geno*Cough*

asia_catdog_blue

Smash Ace
... I'm one of the people who don't want anymore Mario characters. I mean, Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser, Wario, DK, Diddy, Yoshi and yall want more? I think that's enough tbh. I like more obscure, less known character than whored out, kinda important Mario supporting characters.
Seriously, I don't Wario and Donkey Kong as pure Mario Characters anymore, considering they have their OWN Franchises.

But, really, I wouldn't be suprised if this new title had 10 Mario Characters. I mean, this is Ninty's Main Mascot Series.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Well, for not particular reason, King D3 could certainly use some buffs. Maybe increase his reach and make it easier for infinite grabs, which I certainly do not do.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
Spydr... he used an algorithm... the "Mario Big Eight".

okay guys, if you don't know me (which you don't), i despise the use of such things when attempting to make a point. one that shows up the most in Smash World Forums is the "Original 12". in this world, i find that nothing is sacred...
i mean look what Ninja Theory is doing to our beloved Devil May Cry? it's an abomination!!
now, i implore you to not degrade yourselves to accepting such statistics as a stone carved pattern. patterns are merely coincidental unless otherwise stated.

Algorithm- noun- 1. (Compare heuristic) a logical arithmetical or computational procedure that if correctly applied ensures the solution of a problem.
Heuristic- adjective- 1. serving to indicate or point out; stimulating interest as a means of furthering investigation.
2. encouraging a person to learn, discover, understand, or solve problems on his or her own, as by experimenting, evaluating possible answers or solutions, or by trial and
error: a heuristic teaching method.
wish i had that "the more you know" gif.

(Mario big eight and O12 aren't algorithms, the usage of these anomalies is what i refer to)

OmegaXXII

Spydr... he used an algorithm... the "Mario Big Eight".

okay guys, if you don't know me (which you don't), i despise the use of such things when attempting to make a point. one that shows up the most in Smash World Forums is the "Original 12". in this world, i find that nothing is sacred...
i mean look what Ninja Theory is doing to our beloved Devil May Cry? it's an abomination!!
now, i implore you to not degrade yourselves to accepting such statistics as a stone carved pattern. patterns are merely coincidental unless otherwise stated.

wish i had that "the more you know" gif.

I read spyder_ enzo's thread involving toad as well, the "big eight" should only be the big 5, technically speaking, Yoshi isn't even part of the series, just look at his insignia in Smash.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
Honestly? Donkey Kong has branched off into its own franchise long ago. The lack of logical reasoning in this thread is astounding also. We may as well wait until we get more info because right now this thread is just picking up where the last one left off but back a few steps. Anyone care to read Spydr's essay? When you are considering characters, a unique and popular choice should not be neglected because of its franchise.

I know this.

I don't like Toad.

Even though Wario and DK is in their on world they're still in a lot of Mario things, but it's cool. w/e.

Well, for not particular reason, King D3 could certainly use some buffs. Maybe increase his reach and make it easier for infinite grabs, which I certainly do not do.
Oh no! Please don't buff Dedede's grab reach! :urg:

His chain grab is fine as is.

You're not the only one who's mad about this. Capcom has been doing some weird things like "Resident evil 6". They said that it will be a full franchise reboot.

I read spyder_ enzo's thread involving toad as well, the "big eight" should only be the big 5, technically speaking, Yoshi isn't even part of the series, just look at his insignia in Smash.

So you're saying Donkey Kong does not belong to the big eight (Or 5) since he does not bear the Mario symbol..

That leaves: Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser and well... Toad

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
i know this is off the topic of smash but i have this really awesome link of EventStatus (Main Event TV aka ME TV) talking about Ninja Theory and DMC...
Devil May Cry Reboot Kills Original Dante (part 3)
this guy is the bomb!! i learn so much about the video game industry by just watching all of his video game related videos. (this video is specifically targeted at Ninja Theory and DMC... there are no other videos in his library that specifically talks about one thing... it is just epic. 20 minutes of pure epic.)

EDIT: it is also from watching his vids that i started hating, nay despising Capcom for what they are... not for DMC, but for everything they are doing now... the milking, the sequels, (SMvC3 happening whether we want it to or not... aand we just paid for jill and shuma gorrath too... they could have been free) (apologies to Kuma if he reads this post out of the hundreds)

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
My adjustment :

Link (Skyward Sword):

B<> : The new beetle, it grabs items and do minor damage and can be controlled like Snake B<>.you can even combine it with the bomb where you use to grab bombs and throw it on your opponents.

further details will be adjusted once we know all the capabilities of Link in Skyward Sword...

Marth :

Design : Shadow Dragon DS design.

Ike:

Design : Radiant Dawn....Vanguard.

His movement must be faster and his damage must be reduced.

B^ (Aether) :Must have a bigger horizontal range...

B standard :
Charge his blade to release a projectile from Ragnell a blue wave Slash.

Ganondorf :

Give him a sword already....

I can't come up with move so because I know barely anything about his moveset in the game.

Pokemon trainer (Black and White):

Snivy:

Pignite:

And the awesome Samurott:

....to be continued xD

My adjustment :

Link (Skyward Sword):

B<> : The new beetle, it grabs items and do minor damage and can be controlled like Snake B<>.you can even combine it with the bomb where you use to grab bombs and throw it on your opponents.

further details will be adjusted once we know all the capabilities of Link in Skyward Sword...
Sounds creative and cool but how about the sword beam attack Link uses?

Can it catch items in mid air? That would be a cool move

I know but it will be fresh new Link and he might be in top tier with these moves xD
You do know he still uses the bow in skyward sword.

Top tier?? Blame his spin attack if he's at the low or bottom tier. I think they'll improve his attack speed

OmegaXXII

i know this is off the topic of smash but i have this really awesome link of EventStatus (Main Event TV aka ME TV) talking about Ninja Theory and DMC...
Devil May Cry Reboot Kills Original Dante (part 3)
this guy is the bomb!! i learn so much about the video game industry by just watching all of his video game related videos. (this video is specifically targeted at Ninja Theory and DMC... there are no other videos in his library that specifically talks about one thing... it is just epic. 20 minutes of pure epic.)

EDIT: it is also from watching his vids that i started hating, nay despising Capcom for what they are... not for DMC, but for everything they are doing now... the milking, the sequels, (SMvC3 happening whether we want it to or not... aand we just paid for jill and shuma gorrath too... they could have been free) (apologies to Kuma if he reads this post out of the
hundreds)
I lawld hard at jis ranting, and what's wrong with Nero, seriously, he was awesome.

ON TOPIC:speaking of top-tiers, who do you guys expect to see as high tier this time around? I understand that it's too early to tell, but since MetaKnight was I was wondering if another character would be best suited.

Personally I'd like to see Ganondorf instead of Link

some_jerk

Smash Apprentice
While it would be redundant to let the fire starter have it's final form available in ssb4, I honestly think you should use Dewott instead of Samurott and Emboar instead of Pignite. Mostly due to the fact Samurottt is roughly the size of a horse and not really bipedal as that pic of yours would lead one to believe. Just my two cents.

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
While it would be redundant to let the fire starter have it's final form available in ssb4, I honestly think you should use Dewott instead of Samurott and Emboar instead of Pignite. Mostly due to the fact Samurottt is roughly the size of a horse and not really bipedal as that pic of yours would lead one to believe. Just my two cents.
He is Bipedal and Quadrable he has SWORDZ think about the moves and the possibilities.....

this is official...

OmegaXXII

Well guys... Looks like a possible Capcom 3rd party might be in Smash after all, I hope it's either Ryu or Megaman.

Article:
IGN said:
During IGN's interview with Masahiro Sakurai, the legendary designer behind the Super Smash Bros. titles and the inventor of Kirby, we asked him about the possibility of a Capcom character crossing over into the next Super Smash Bros., which is coming to both 3DS and Wii U. Here's what he had to say:*
"I can't say that it's entirely out of the realm of possibility that some Capcom character could appear in the next Smash Bros. The big problem, though, comes from the idea of trying to get characters from a completely different universe to fit with the style that has been dictated by Nintendo's characters in a fighting game.*

"In fact, I actually think it's a miracle that we got Smash Bros. and all the Nintendo characters to work together in the first place. Especially when you bring Pokemon into the mix and a lot of the complications that are caused by that being an almost completely different entity on its own, it's really something. So this is something that obviously will come up more as we get started on the new Smash Bros. development, but keeping those things in mind I think is important."

Development on the title hasn't begun yet, but it's encouraging that Mr. Sakurai sees the biggest hurdle as one of ensuring a good fit, as opposed to other potential complications. Given that both Solid Snake and Sonic appeared in Brawl, a classic Capcom character or two could definitely work in the new title.*

We also asked Mr. Sakurai whether, looking back at Brawl and Melee, there were any things that he wasn't able to include - but really wanted to - that he could potentially put into the new title? He told is that: "There were actually a lot of things, but perhaps that's something to be talked about when we get closer to discussing that game in more detail."*

Guess we'll have to wait and see. We'll have our full interview with Mr. Sakurai up next week, so stay tuned.
Source:*http://m.ign.com/articles/1174797

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I think the best newcomer that would fill the role would be Banjo. Too bad Nintendo doesn't have the rights anymore.

Banjo is a 100% nintendo character to most.
That's the problem with Banjo fans. People fail to understand that Banjo is owned by Rare, just like Conker. He's NOT a Mario Universe character, since he only made a crossover appearance in Diddy Kong Racing.

what's the point? evrybody knows there's too many Mario related character already, we dont need another regardless of uniqueness or not.
11 Mario Universe characters wouldn't be too bad. After all, that universe is the primary reason why the game is called Super Smash Bros..

Sakurai could include more Mario characters if he wanted to, but I think in his state of mind he would want to add more characters to the mix other than Mario characters. If he does add another Mario Character it'd probably be Rosalina, Waluigi, or someone more recent and significant.
As much as I like Rosalina and Waluigi, I have a feeling that Rosalina will just end up as an alternate outfit for Peach. Waluigi will probably be an Assist Trophy again, since he's spin-off exclusive.

I was thinking more Oshawott, Servine, and Emboar. Serperior won't work, since it has no legs. Samurott is mostly four-legged, but that didn't stop Ivysaur from being in Brawl.

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
That's the problem with Banjo fans. People fail to understand that Banjo is owned by Rare, just like Conker. He's NOT a Mario Universe character, since he only made a crossover appearance in Diddy Kong Racing.

11 Mario Universe characters wouldn't be too bad. After all, that universe is the primary reason why the game is called Super Smash Bros..

As much as I like Rosalina and Waluigi, I have a feeling that Rosalina will just end up as an alternate outfit for Peach. Waluigi will probably be an Assist Trophy again, since he's spin-off exclusive.

I was thinking more Oshawott, Servine, and Emboar. Serperior won't work, since it has no legs. Samurott is mostly four-legged, but that didn't stop Ivysaur from being in Brawl.
Snivy is the fastest and it's very sleek so it's perfect fit for him being the basic form
while it's a tie between Dewott and Pignite and the same goes for Samurott and Emboar.

OmegaXXII

Awesome!! Ryu for SSB4
I second this, my hopes for them were really low, but now they have skyrocketted. :)

Ryu would definetly have alot to offer, not to mention he's a complete bad***!

I like your Ganondorf idea, he would better be suited with his sword and moves that actually suit him from his games.

I love Ike, though I cannot stress this enough, FE needs an antagonist bad!!

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Snivy is the fastest and it's very sleek so it's perfect fit for him being the basic form
while it's a tie between Dewott and Pignite and the same goes for Samurott and Emboar.
Oshawott does have that b***** shell, which adds better moveset possibilities. Dewott lacks that feature.

Snivy doesn't feature anything different from Servine. Servine would probably be just as fast as Snivy anyway.

Emboar works pretty well, since it would utilize raw power, while being a slow mover.

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
I second this, my hopes for them were really low, but now they have skyrocketted. :)

Ryu would definetly have alot to offer, not to mention he's a complete bad***!

I like your Ganondorf idea, he would better be suited with his sword and moves that actually suit him from his games.

I love Ike, though I cannot stress this enough, FE needs an antagonist bad!!

TBH for FE antagonist the best are :Black Knight and Ashnard.

Altho Black Knight is a viable choice for being a main villain in 2 games and he will have the ongoing rivalry between him and Ike which is awesome....

Black Knight moveset :

Black knight = Heavy hitter, Slow

B standard : Eclipse (charageable)

B-Up : Teleportation

B-Down : Counter (it seems it's going to be Fire Emblem standard)

B-Side : Wave slash Alondite.

A Video tribute to show how Awesome Black Knight is :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJXa4AVAdxg

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
Oshawott does have that b***** shell, which adds better moveset possibilities. Dewott lacks that feature.

Snivy doesn't feature anything different from Servine. Servine would probably be just as fast as Snivy anyway.

Emboar works pretty well, since it would utilize raw power, while being a slow mover.

Dewott has two* shells dude you know nothing about him go check your sources.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Dewott has to shells dude you know nothing about him go check your sources.
Well you're one to talk. I've actually followed the 5th generation coverage. Dewott just looks too weird for my tastes.

Besides, I'm basically going with the flow with Brawl's Pokemon Trainer...

Water-type: Stage 1 form; Squirtle; Oshawott
Grass-type: Stage 2 form; Ivysaur; Servine
Fire-type: Stage 3 form; Charizard; Emboar

OmegaXXII

TBH for FE antagonist the best are :Black Knight and Ashnard.

Altho Black Knight is a viable choice for being a main villain in 2 games and he will have the ongoing rivalry between him and Ike which is awesome....

Black Knight moveset :

Black knight = Heavy hitter, Slow

B standard : Eclipse (charageable)

B-Up : Teleportation

B-Down : Counter (it seems it's going to be Fire Emblem standard)

B-Side : Wave slash Alondite.

A Video tribute to show how Awesome Black Knight is :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJXa4AVAdxg
YES!!!

Finally someone else supports the Black Knight, he is an excellent choice. :)

His Final Smash could consist of of multiple Alondite slashes followed by a finishing heavy blow, it's an awesome move.

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
Well you're one to talk. I've actually followed the 5th generation coverage. Dewott just looks too weird for my tastes.

Besides, I'm basically going with the flow with Brawl's Pokemon Trainer...

Water-type: Stage 1 form; Squirtle; Oshawott
Grass-type: Stage 2 form; Ivysaur; Servine
Fire-type: Stage 3 form; Charizard; Emboar
I followed coverage of Pokemon since the 3rd generation and have faith in some changes as for Dewott I realy have faith in him and TBH there is basically nothing different between Servine and Snivy except Snivy has longer arms and more adaptable in-game.....

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I followed coverage of Pokemon since the 3rd generation and have faith in some changes as for Dewott I realy have faith in him and TBH there is basically nothing different between Servine and Snivy except Snivy has longer arms and more adaptable in-game.....
The vines do counter the short arms issue; think about Ivysaur. This would basically apply to Snivy and Servine. Serperior is obviously out, due to not having any legs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom