• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Oh, I see. The thing is i just think of it differently. I usually see the green Yoshi ALWAYS as the one that was in SMW and the Pikachu as the one in Yellow.
Yes... and I usually see the red Toad ALWAYS as the one that was in Super Mario Bros. 2 and Wario's Woods and in all those spin-off games.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
If it weren't for the fact that Jigglypuff is a member of the original 12, I would've ditched it for Mewtwo. Lucario will likely get replaced by Zoroark.
I would agree but Lucario still has a chance.

Him and TL are my least fav characters from Brawl by far.

I only dislike Toon Link because they made a hoard of ******* call him Toon Link all of the time. Even in WW.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096

refugee

Smash Journeyman
Why would i vote for anyone else besides megaman?
Well Ryu would be an okay second choice but yeah, Megaman for Capcom representative.

Capcom is mentioned, but I kind of wonder why Square Enix hasn't been getting much love.

Regarding the Digimon statement, Nintendo would need Bandai's permission, which is a massively long shot.
That and Pac man before Digimon.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
We should have a Pokemon Trainer for each region IMO...rename the current one to "Kanto Trainer", and bring in "Johto Trainer", "Hoenn Trainer", etc. all with a form of the region's staters.

That's 15 movesets. The game isn't called Super Pokemon Battle 4.

Chidosengan

Smash Lord
Capcom is mentioned, but I kind of wonder why Square Enix hasn't been getting much love.

Regarding the Digimon statement, Nintendo would need Bandai's permission, which is a massively long shot.
Cause Square Enix hasn't been doing so well lately? (FF12, although a good game once you play it, is supposed to be TEH WORST GEAM EVAH) There's an article on Kotaku about it.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
This is pre-release talk, so right now we should take it as a grain of salt. Remember how he said there were going to be 3 third party characters in Brawl?
He did not say that there WILL be 3 third-party characters in Brawl. He said he was considering maybe one or two more third-party characters after Snake. Of course fans want more, more, more! So they assumed that Brawl will have three third-party characters. I think the most he is willing to accept is three third-party characters. Sonic, Snake, and Mega Man. That's it.

D

Deleted member

This is pre-release talk, so right now we should take it as a grain of salt. Remember how he said there were going to be 3 third party characters in Brawl?
No he did not say that. He said there would be 1-2 third-party characters after Snake, so he was right in that aspect.

@Pickle: I just asked for who you voted for. Thanks for answering.

@Mario_And_Sonic_Guy: - Probably because when people think about Square Enix, they think of Final Fantasy first. If any rep happens, it will be from Dragon Quest because Final Fantasy lacks any somewhat reasonable candidates for SSB4.

- More like not happening. Digimon is an anime series, therefore, it has zero chances of appearing.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
Well Ryu would be an okay second choice but yeah, Megaman for Capcom representative.
The only ones that would even be considered are MM, Ryu, and VJ.

If they have 2 reps I think Ryu would get in considering how popular he is to scrubs >_>

Seriously, as a competitive SF player (ST, 3S, and SSF4) I have no clue why someone would like Ryu's boring ***.

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
Seems nice. Not too found about a 3DS version.

I wouldn't mind having Medusa from Kid Icarus, really. She would be the
first female villain.

:phone:

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
We should have a Pokemon Trainer for each region IMO...rename the current one to "Kanto Trainer", and bring in "Johto Trainer", "Hoenn Trainer", etc. all with a form of the region's staters.
Nah. We just need an alternate costume for Pokemon Trainer to bring in Leaf.

Everything else would just be unnecessary. The Pokemon Trainer we have right now was chosen because he was the first and also the Pokemon Trainer to appear in the most games. Just put Leaf as an alternate costume and that's all that needs to be changed.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096

That's 15 movesets. The game isn't called Super Pokemon Battle 4.
Yeah that's overkill for the Pokemon franchise.

Cause Square Enix hasn't been doing so well lately? (FF12, although a good game once you play it, is supposed to be TEH WORST GEAM EVAH) There's an article on Kotaku about it.
There's always the classic titles to think about.

PF9

Smash Lord
Now how should the advertising be handled?

When the game comes out, we need a full-scale ad campaign.

I have a couple of ideas:

1. "Welcome back my friends, to the show that never ends"
Theme song - "Karn Evil 9" by ELP. SSB is basically the show that never ends. So the song fits.

2. "All h*ll's breaking loose! Hey hey have you read the news?"
Theme song - "All H*ll's Breaking Loose" by KISS. Would fit any possible story line for the story mode (I hope it can top SSE in how epic it was).

3. "It's the, eye of the tiger, it's the thrill of the fight, rising up to the challenge of our rivals."
Theme song - pretty obvious. Fits its status as a fighting game.

Chidosengan

Smash Lord
Nah. We just need an alternate costume for Pokemon Trainer to bring in Leaf.

Everything else would just be unnecessary. The Pokemon Trainer we have right now was chosen because he was the first and also the Pokemon Trainer to appear in the most games. Just put Leaf as an alternate costume and that's all that needs to be changed.
How about a completely custom-made trainer just for SSB4? He will use several pokemon from different generations and have the female counterpart as an alternate costume!

vVv Rapture

Smash Lord
Writing Team
Most likely if the PT thing stays, we'd see the removal of Gen 1 PT and a Gen 2 PT added.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
How about a completely custom-made trainer just for SSB4? He will use several pokemon from different generations and have the female counterpart as an alternate costume!
If the Pokemon series had customized trainers sure, but it doesn't.

Most likely if the PT thing stays, we'd see the removal of Gen 1 PT and a Gen 2 PT added.
Very doubtful. As I said the current one is not only the very first one, but they also have had the most appearances of all Pokemon trainers. There's no reason for the second generation one(s) to be a replacement.

D

Deleted member

Mario_And_Sonic_Guy said:
There's always the classic titles to think about.
I don't think Sakurai is going to consider older characters from third-party titles. At least with first-party titles, he can put them in as he please, not so with third-party. All characters from the NES and SNES Final Fantasy titles have like 5% chance of happening.

Chidosengan

Smash Lord

Theme song - "Karn Evil 9" by ELP. SSB is basically the show that never ends. So the song fits.

Theme song - "All H*ll's Breaking Loose" by KISS. Would fit any possible story line for the story mode (I hope it can top SSE in how epic it was).

3. "It's the, eye of the tiger, it's the thrill of the fight, rising up to the challenge of our rivals."
No no no no no no NO!!

There is only one song worthy enough to advertise SSB.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mploADKBihc

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I don't think Sakurai is going to consider older characters from third-party titles. At least with first-party titles, he can put them in as he please, not so with third-party. All characters from the NES and SNES Final Fantasy titles have like 5% chance of happening.
Maybe so, but it never hurts to look back.

refugee

Smash Journeyman

Why are we talking about advertising or even want to think about it? O_o

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
well why not squirtle, beyleaf, and blazekin

That's because those are literally 3 random starters. They share no connection and have no reasoning for being included. Why not choose a 4th or 5th gen starter? That's the problem with having a mix of starters.

D

Deleted member

Why are we talking about advertising or even want to think about it? O_o
This, the game pretty much sells itself. I did not see a single advertisement for Brawl and it sold over 10 million copies.

PF9

Smash Lord
I'd like to have a feature where we can alter how the in-game crowd reacts to characters. We can have the crowd react more positively to some characters, and negatively to others.

vVv Rapture

Smash Lord
Writing Team
Regardless of all of this, they need to bring Mewtwo back and add Ridley and King K. Rool. Only then will it be ready for market.

D

Deleted member

I'd like to have a feature where we can alter how the in-game crowd reacts to characters. We can have the crowd react more positively to some characters, and negatively to others.
Not sure how this is going to be integrated into the gameplay.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
well why not squirtle, beyleaf, and blazekin
That's because those are literally 3 random starters. They share no connection and have no reasoning for being included. Why not choose a 4th or 5th gen starter? That's the problem with having a mix of starters.
Yeah those three have nothing in common, with the exception of they're starters.

If the team were Turtwig, Prinplup, and Infernape, that would make sense; all three of those Pokemon are generation 4 starters.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
Yeah those three have nothing in common, with the exception of they're starters.

If the team were Turtwig, Prinplup, and Infernape, that would make sense; all three of those Pokemon are generation 4 starters.
I think if there's any gen we're NOT gonna get it's 4. 4 kinda sucked in the non-competitive play imo. And the pokemon were lame as ****.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I think if there's any gen we're NOT gonna get it's 4. 4 kinda sucked in the non-competitive play imo. And the pokemon were lame as ****.
I was merely giving out an example. Not like it is going to happen or anything.

Anyway, generation 4 did improve things with the physical/special split; buffing up certain Pokemon, while hindering others.

TheMagicalKuja

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2020-0988-7919
Sup guise! IIIIIIIIII'm back!

Not that anyone noticed.

Well, back to join in the speculation and madness! And right now, what I see is... well... not enough info to work with anything yet. I wonder when Sakurai might unveil more, but right now all we can talk about is "LAWL IT'S CONFIRRRRM'D" or something like that.

I do hope to see Sonic again, that's for sure. This time with a bit more killing power (or make it easier for him to chase people off the stage.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom