• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

vVv Rapture

Smash Lord
Writing Team
Who was the one that said Chain grabs were glitches? Whoever it was obviously doesn't know how the game engine works
Master Rapier did. Chaingrabs are not in any way a glitch or some sort of weird DI thing, it's just that the grabs don't have enough knockback to put the opponent out of range for the next grab (for infinites) or not enough at low-percents (like Falco's CG in Brawl). That's just a characteristic of the grab, not a glitch, to whomever said it was.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
@User33: Interested to see why you think Takamaru and Paper Mario come in your list among the most likely newcomers? Would be great to see them both in the game.We already have one generic Mario rep in the game (If you count subseries) and that's Yoshi, we don't need another one.
I respect most of your opinions dude, but Yoshi generic? What?

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
@post #1394: Oh boy I can pretty much tell you that my Brawl rosters were rather dimwitted at times as well.

Come to think of it...I think Charizard's voice sounded more realistic than its anime voice
That's because unlike most Pokemon, Charizard doesn't say its name.

Master Peach

Smash Ace
Master Rapier did. Chaingrabs are not in any way a glitch or some sort of weird DI thing, it's just that the grabs don't have enough knockback to put the opponent out of range for the next grab (for infinites) or not enough at low-percents (like Falco's CG in Brawl). That's just a characteristic of the grab, not a glitch, to whomever said it was.
I couldn't have said it better myself.

refugee

Smash Journeyman
@User33: Interested to see why you think Takamaru and Paper Mario come in your list among the most likely newcomers? Would be great to see them both in the game.We already have one generic Mario rep in the game (If you count subseries) and that's Yoshi, we don't need a second one. Also, if he hasn't been considered as a playable character in Melee and Brawl, he'll probably remain as a special moveset. I've said more then enough on this matter.Even worse is this roster: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-wii-u/59406825

No Luigi, Marth, Jigglypuff, or Ness, thinking that Toad and Bowser Jr. together are realistic while also including Funky Kong, Yarn Kirby (WTF?), too many new Pokemons, putting Mewtwo as a starter, removing Falco and Wolf for Krystal, too many Kid Icarus rep, lack of Saki and Ray MK II, and a ridiculous third-party selection when only about six third-party characters have more then 20% chance of being playable (I kid you not, he put in Venom), and you have one terrible roster. I actually went into that roster and pointed out all the flaws in regards to it (I'm Limelight788 on the forum).

Based off that, I'm not expecting many realistic people on this forum.
"Also i removed luigi because hes just a mario clone anyway and i don't want anymore clones in this game, plus i had to make room for TOAD. He's the man." EDIT: This is not me who is saying this! This is a quote from the link by someone who lacks critical thinking skills.

And I thought we had stupid people here...

Different topic, why do you guys so in support for Paper Mario? I mean I've played the GCN and Wii games but I still have a hard time supporting a character who is just a different version of another one we already have. The reason why this happened before is because they were just clones rushed into the game but I can't even see Paper Mario as a clone considering how different (physically) he is from Mario.

Yeah I have to agree with this. While there is a species of Yoshis there is always the green one, that can be assumed to be the same character, that appears in the majority of Mario games.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
"Also i removed luigi because hes just a mario clone anyway and i don't want anymore clones in this game, plus i had to make room for TOAD. He's the man."
Removing Luigi is a mistake for many reasons...

1: He appeared in the original Super Smash Bros., so he's guaranteed to return.

2: With the exception of Super Smash Bros., Luigi is a semi-clone of Mario; his moveset is slightly different from Mario's.

3: Luigi has played a starring role in his own game; Luigi's Mansion. In fact, a sequel to Luigi's Mansion is being developed for the 3DS.

D

Deleted member

Like others have said, there are tons of Yoshi's in the Mario universe. That means that no specific Yoshi is represented, just that a Yoshi character is in the game. It's like Pikachu where there's a lot of them out there in the Pokemon universe. No specific Pikachu is represented, just a Pikachu. That said, both are great characters and will stay in Smash.
@post #1394: Oh boy I can pretty much tell you that my Brawl rosters were rather dimwitted at times as well.
I also had my fair share of stupid roster ideas. Once I made a list of over 60 characters that included too many unrealistic characters and too much third-parties. I was eventually forced to squeeze it down a lot and now I have an idea of a roster on my head that's very realistic and has a good chance of happening.

User33

Smash Journeyman
@User33: Interested to see why you think Takamaru and Paper Mario come in your list among the most likely newcomers? Would be great to see them both in the game.
For Takumaru, I believe Sakurai said that he would consider him if he appeared in a new game. He actually appeared in three games since Brawl. Captain Rainbow, Warioware D.I.Y. and Samurai Warriors 3. Samurai Warriors 3 includes a remake of Nazo no Murasame Jō, Takumaru's original game.

Also factor in that he's a popular character (placing with 2 "votes" in the Brawl character poll Sakurai had awhile ago) and I think he definitely stands a chance as a retro character despite being Japanese only.

Paper Mario I feel is likely simply because the Mario RPG series is the most distinct of the Mario spinoffs (as in, it actually has a story instead of it being a sports title for example) and it continues to get entries (Paper Mario 3DS). He also has a large amount of moveset potential, ranging from his hammer, to star spirits, to pixls.

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
Sorry for my misunderstanding. I didn't use Chain Grabs too much but had them done against me with DeDeDe and Metaknight and too me it felt rather cheap. If they modified it where Toad could have a non-infinite chain grab I guess that would be alright.

Master Peach

Smash Ace
The fact that Luigi is Mario's brother is kinda a given that they would have similar moves. However the clones that need a changing are Gannon, Falco and I think I'm leaving out someone but I can't remember. Anyways those two need a moveset rehaul

D

Deleted member

User33 said:
For Takumaru, I believe Sakurai said that he would consider him if he appeared in a new game. He actually appeared in three games since Brawl. Captain Rainbow, Warioware D.I.Y. and Samurai Warriors 3. Samurai Warriors 3 includes a remake of Nazo no Murasame Jō, Takumaru's original game.
Phew. I'm glad to see that there's hope for Takamaru. He would make a great "WTF" character.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I also had my fair share of stupid roster ideas. Once I made a list of over 60 characters that included too many unrealistic characters and too much third-parties. I was eventually forced to squeeze it down a lot and now I have an idea of a roster on my head that's very realistic and has a good chance of happening.
Same here, though some of my inputs have been questionable to some, but in the long run, it's pretty sensible for the fact that the roster isn't unrealistically huge; no more than 55 characters.

refugee

Smash Journeyman
Removing Luigi is a mistake for many reasons...

1: He appeared in the original Super Smash Bros., so he's guaranteed to return.

2: With the exception of Super Smash Bros., Luigi is a semi-clone of Mario; his moveset is slightly different from Mario's.

3: Luigi has played a starring role in his own game; Luigi's Mansion. In fact, a sequel to Luigi's Mansion is being developed for the 3DS.
Yeah I know that. I was quoting something being said in the link posted. THAT WAS NOT ME WHO SAID THAT! I don't ever want to be associated with such a imbecile.

vVv Rapture

Smash Lord
Writing Team
Sorry for my misunderstanding. I didn't use Chain Grabs too much but had them done against me with DeDeDe and Metaknight and too me it felt rather cheap. If they modified it where Toad could have a non-infinite chain grab I guess that would be alright.
Metaknight doesn't have a chaingrab, though. And Dedede's only works on certain characters.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
MK doesn't have one IIRC /Hasn't played Brawl comp since 08

edit: ninja'd

The fact that Luigi is Mario's brother is kinda a given that they would have similar moves. However the clones that need a changing are Gannon, Falco and I think I'm leaving out someone but I can't remember. Anyways those two need a moveset rehaul
http://gannon-banned.com/

Like others have said, there are tons of Yoshi's in the Mario universe. That means that no specific Yoshi is represented, just that a Yoshi character is in the game. It's like Pikachu where there's a lot of them out there in the Pokemon universe. No specific Pikachu is represented, just a Pikachu. That said, both are great characters and will stay in Smash.
Oh, I see. The thing is i just think of it differently. I usually see the green Yoshi ALWAYS as the one that was in SMW and the Pikachu as the one in Yellow.

UberMario

Smash Master
I am going to withdraw from GameFAQs for a while. I just don't hope the idiots win out and convince everyone to support their inanity (examples of this are when Ashley suddenly became a popular choice).

Here is an example of an idiot likening himself to be a genius.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-wii-u/59400263

I really wish Iwata had not announced Smash 4. We will now have to deal with a year of full-on idiocy with nothing to go on.
Yoshi & Baby Mario "Occasionally, Baby Mario will shoot fire balls at nearby enemies"

Um, what the heck? Baby Mario never had that ability.

Not to mention that Rundas was killed.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Yeah I know that. I was quoting something being said in the link posted. THAT WAS NOT ME WHO SAID THAT! I don't ever want to be associated with such a imbecile.
I don't think he was associating you with that person, at all.

Mario_and_Sonic_Guy said:
Same here, though some of my inputs have been questionable to some, but in the long run, it's pretty sensible for the fact that the roster isn't unrealistically huge; no more than 55 characters.
Even I had ridiculous ideas back in the pre-Brawl days. I found an old roster I made on my Photobucket account.

It had many questionable choices including Geno and replacing Ness with Claus.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Falco is more of a semi-clone now. Ganondorf, on the other hand, does deserve to get his moveset heavily adjusted.

PF9

Smash Lord
I think Krystal should also be in the game. She's a popular character with the community. We need to have her in.

"Also i removed luigi because hes just a mario clone anyway and i don't want anymore clones in this game, plus i had to make room for TOAD. He's the man."

And I thought we had stupid people here...

Different topic, why do you guys so in support for Paper Mario? I mean I've played the GCN and Wii games but I still have a hard time supporting a character who is just a different version of another one we already have. The reason why this happened before is because they were just clones rushed into the game but I can't even see Paper Mario as a clone considering how different (physically) he is from Mario.

Yeah I have to agree with this. While there is a species of Yoshis there is always the green one, that can be assumed to be the same character, that appears in the majority of Mario games.
Luigi is fine! Don't remove him.
Jill Valentine would be a great addition to the Smash roster. Her FS could be a zombie rampage. I'd also love to see Machamp in the game. Machamp is a strong Fighting Pokemon - needs to be in.
I think Ryu or Mega Man works better as a capcom rep

Anyone thinking of tecmo characters in Brawl? I mean, they helped nintendo while nintendo helped them.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
Phew. I'm glad to see that there's hope for Takamaru. He would make a great "WTF" character.
yeah, I was researching the pre-Brawl days here (I was young and had no internet soooo yeahhhh) and him and Sukapon seemed to always rival each other for a spot. Like, they were the biggest chances for a WTF retro character.

Master Peach

Smash Ace
MK doesn't have one IIRC /Hasn't played Brawl comp since 08

edit: ninja'd

http://gannon-banned.com/

Oh, I see. The thing is i just think of it differently. I usually see the green Yoshi ALWAYS as the one that was in SMW and the Pikachu as the one in Yellow.
Lol are u Pointing out my mistake on how "Ganon" is spelled? Well if so my bad. I don't pay too much attention to how his name is spelled.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Machamp's only chance is in a Poke Ball. Oddly, someone mentioned about Scrafty several hours ago; it too is probably getting the Poke Ball treatment.

D

Deleted member

So, would anyone be interested in seeing Pichu getting the Pokeball treatment? This role fits him perfectly. And no, Machamp should get no more then a Pokeball treatement either.

PF9

Smash Lord
So, would anyone be interested in seeing Pichu getting the Pokeball treatment? This role fits him perfectly. And no, Machamp should get no more then a Pokeball treatement either.
At the very least Pichu should be DLC. That way, those who don't want him in won't have him, and those that do will.

refugee

Smash Journeyman
Yeah I'd be alright with Pichu being a pokeball character. That's the perfect role for him.

At the very least Pichu should be DLC. That way, those who don't want him in won't have him, and those that do will.
No, the time could be spent on any number of other characters instead of some baby version of a current character.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
Machamp has as much of a chance as Electabuzz, which isn't high.

imo the only Pokemon that have a chance at all are

Mewtwo
PT (including different ones)
Meowth
Jiggs
Lucario
and Zoroark

Maybe Pichu

That's it and I included Meowth because he was cut from 64.

D

Deleted member

Why should Pichu be DLC? He's a joke character that earns no more then a Pokeball appearance. I don't want such a wasteful character again.

some_jerk

Smash Apprentice
While we're on the topic of pokeball candidates, it would be awesome to see Cofagrigus come out of a pokeball, what with it's mummy abilty and whatnot.

PF9

Smash Lord

Mewtwo
Meowth
Jiggs
Lucario
and Zoroark

Maybe Pichu

We should have a Pokemon Trainer for each region IMO...rename the current one to "Kanto Trainer", and bring in "Johto Trainer", "Hoenn Trainer", etc. all with a form of the region's staters.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096

Mewtwo
Meowth
Jiggs
Lucario
and Zoroark

Maybe Pichu

If it weren't for the fact that Jigglypuff is a member of the original 12, I would've ditched it for Mewtwo. Lucario will likely get replaced by Zoroark.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom