• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gamingboy

Smash Lord
Another 3rd Generation possibility might be "Female Pokemon Trainer", using May's design. I mean, the 3rd Gen starters were pretty good. She'd be able to use Mudkip, Grovyle and Blaziken. That's a meme, a cool-looking leaf-gecko thing, and a character considered by some to be a candidate in SSBB, all right there.

D

Deleted member

Gamingboy said:
*That said, Dr. Mario would make a cool alternate costume for Mario. I mean, it's a obvious thing to do, right?
Yeah, Dr. Mario would be a great alternate costume for Mario. He seems tailor made for it as all evidence point towards him being an alternate costume for Mario.
refugee said:
Unrelated: How sure are you guys that 5th gen will not get replaced by a 6th gen by the time the next SSB comes around? There wasn't any 3rd gen representative so it's very possible this could happen.
By the time sixth gen comes around, it'll almost certainly be after SSB4. So there's almost no chance of 6th gen rep happening.
gsninja said:
I hope 3rd gen gets a rep. It's easily the most under-appreciated line in Pokemon, as evidenced already by being completely skipped over as far as playable characters go. Even if it is a Plusle and Minun duo, 3rd gen should get something.
I've wanted a 3rd gen rep as well, I like it much more then the 4th gen (Haven't played a mainstream 5th gen title yet). And I would have to admit, a Plusle & Minun duo would be cool as would seeing Deoxys. It's a shame that we're probably not going to get any and that the only semi-reasonable candidate is the duo.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice

Unrelated: How sure are you guys that 5th gen will not get replaced by a 6th gen by the time the next SSB comes around? There wasn't any 3rd gen representative so it's very possible this could happen.
Black and White just came out. Brawl started development in the fall of 2005 and about a year later, Diamond and Pearl came out in Japan. The average gap between each pokemon generation is about 4 1/2 years so, that being said, the earliest I would expect the 6th Pokemon generation is 2015. Brawl's development was 2 years and 2 months long. Sakurai said that development was going to start in October of this year. Add this minimum time in and you come to early 2014.

refugee

Smash Journeyman
Another 3rd Generation possibility might be "Female Pokemon Trainer", using May's design. I mean, the 3rd Gen starters were pretty good. She'd be able to use Mudkip, Grovyle and Blaziken. That's a meme, a cool-looking leaf-gecko thing, and a character considered by some to be a candidate in SSBB, all right there.
Perfect idea right there! ^^^^^^^^^

D

Deleted member

Black and White just came out. Brawl started development in the fall of 2005 and about a year later, Diamond and Pearl came out in Japan. The average gap between each pokemon generation is about 4 1/2 years so, that being said, the earliest I would expect the 6th Pokemon generation is 2015. Brawl's development was 2 years and 2 months long. Sakurai said that development was going to start in October of this year. Add this minimum time in and you come to early 2014.
The development for Smash games have gotten progressively longer as time has passed. Don't be surprise if the game gets pushed to mid to late-2014, although later is unlikely.

Gamingboy

Smash Lord
On Pokegenerations: Not to mention that they will be making Generation 6 with the 3DS in mind, so it's entirely possible that it- GASP- might actually look substantially different from the last five generations.

I mean, look at the 3DS Pokedex thing that came out. I have a feeling that Nintendo wouldn't go through the trouble of making 3D versions of all of those pokemon if they aren't going to be used in a game somewhere down the line.

Anyway, another thing I was thinking is how every SSB game has somebody show up nobody expects. Nobody thought of Ness for SSB64, or G&W and IC for SSBM, or ROB and the 3rd Parties in SSBB. Therefore, I have a suggestion for a crazy-*** character idea: YARN. FREAKING. KIRBY.

daAZNSensation

Smash Cadet
lets see. kid icarus should be finish in the fall of this year. then they'll start on smash. hopefully they'll get plenty of staff members to work on the game. i predict a trailer during e3 2012 and possibly a released date for the game. thats what i hope next year is going to look like

:phone:

D

Deleted member

Gamingboy said:
Anyway, another thing I was thinking is how every SSB game has somebody show up nobody expects. Nobody thought of Ness for SSB64, or G&W and IC for SSBM, or ROB and the 3rd Parties in SSBB. Therefore, I have a suggestion for a crazy-*** character idea: YARN. FREAKING. KIRBY.
I don't think a fourth Kirby rep is going to be Kirby. I doubt a fourth Kirby rep is happening at all.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
it would be dope if they made specific character match-ups have a different enterance or cutscene. Imagine Naruto vs. Sasuke, then apply to Mario vs. Boswer/Luigi and Fox vs. Wolf/Falco, etc.

@above: No. :glare:

refugee

Smash Journeyman
Ummmm, no. Yarn Kirby is first off not a unique character but just a version of one that already exists. Second, the characters you listed are either retro characters or well known 3rd parties. Yarn Kirby could be a WTF character but not the same way as IC or G&W. While the latter two are WTF as in "Who the **** are they and why didn't I know such awesome characters before this?" YK would be more "Why the **** did Sakurai put in another damn version of Kirby as a seperate character?"

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
The development for Smash games have gotten progressively longer as time has passed. Don't be surprise if the game gets pushed to mid to late-2014, although later is unlikely.
I would say that it will be roughly the same, with about a 3 month standard deviation. The original Smash Bros was a very basic project and Melee was finished so fast because Sakurai worked on it 10+ hours a day, 6 days a week, for 11 months. One of the reasons Brawl was delayed was because of complications with the online features since it was the team's first time working with online for the Wii so that obstacle probably won't be present this time around as the WiiU's online infrastructure should be considerably easier to work with and the team has experience now.

Add in: Also keep in mind that the 3DS version and the WiiU are basically two different parts of each other and that there will be one team working on each.

Thino

Smash Master
it would be dope if they made specific character match-ups have a different enterance or cutscene. Imagine Naruto vs. Sasuke, then apply to Mario vs. Boswer/Luigi and Fox vs. Wolf/Falco, etc.

@above: No. :glare:
kinda like Blazblue , ya it would be awesome

gsninja

Smash Journeyman
NNID
gsninja
3DS FC
5455-9389-5386
Switch FC
1284 3127 1819
Epic Yarn version of Kirby would be sexy as an alt costume, though.

I've wanted a 3rd gen rep as well, I like it much more then the 4th gen (Haven't played a mainstream 5th gen title yet). And I would have to admit, a Plusle & Minun duo would be cool as would seeing Deoxys. It's a shame that we're probably not going to get any and that the only semi-reasonable candidate is the duo.
Yeah, exactly, and while something like Blaziken could definitely work as well, he's not popular enough to be his own separate character. He could appear with a 3rd gen version of Pokemon Trainer, but that's about it.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
I hope 3rd gen gets a rep. It's easily the most under-appreciated line in Pokemon, as evidenced already by being completely skipped over as far as playable characters go. Even if it is a Plusle and Minun duo, 3rd gen should get something.
If it would have to be them, than it doesn't deserve anything.

And you know, now that 5th generation is here, 4th generation is the one getting all of the hate.

Gamingboy said:
Honestly, Snake was the real "WTF" character. R.O.B. was predicted by many people on these boards. If Snake hadn't be revealed right off the bat NOBODY would have expected him to be in.

refugee

Smash Journeyman
but then after that you think of Young Link and Dr Mario in melee and then you're like "oooh that's why.."
And then you quietly cry to yourself and wish the slot would of been used on an actual character instead and don't include the clone in a future dream roster for the next game.

Epic Yarn version of Kirby would be sexy as an alt costume, though.

Yeah, exactly, and while something like Blaziken could definitely work as well, he's not popular enough to be his own separate character. He could appear with a 3rd gen version of Pokemon Trainer, but that's about it.
Yeah I would be okay with that much like how I would be okay with Dr. Mario being an alt costume.

Yes this idea would be great if PT was replaced or if they decide to represent the 3rd gen. I doubt we'll see this when the game is released but if they do DLC this would be a great option. I don't want to see the current PT to be replace btw. He's a unique character(s) who can't really be cloned with the suggested pokemon.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
Yarn Kirby cannot suck in like regular kirby. there cannot be a Yarn Kirby or Prince Fluff unless they are their own character. but still, it will not happen.

why is this even being suggested still?

Gamingboy

Smash Lord
If not Yarn Kirby, how about Paper Mario.

Yes, you're thinking it'd just be a weird-looking Mario Clone. But wait! Paper Mario fights different from Mario Mario. He uses the hammer a lot more, there are the paper abilities....

gsninja

Smash Journeyman
NNID
gsninja
3DS FC
5455-9389-5386
Switch FC
1284 3127 1819
If it would have to be them, than it doesn't deserve anything.

And you know, now that 5th generation is here, 4th generation is the one getting all of the hate.
There's nothing wrong with Plusle and Minun...Granted, there are many Pokemon in the gen that are just way more awesome then them, but P&M could provide something really interesting if they're introduced as the second duo character.

Yes this idea would be great if PT was replaced or if they decide to represent the 3rd gen. I doubt we'll see this when the game is released but if they do DLC this would be a great option. I don't want to see the current PT to be replace btw. He's a unique character(s) who can't really be cloned with the suggested pokemon.
Honestly, I want PT gone if he comes back with the same Pokes. 1st gen already has two reps, it really doesn't need another one (And yes, I'm saying this despite the fact Mewtwo is my third favorite Pokemon). Using Blaziken or Sceptile would be sexy too.

Thino

Smash Master
Well, he basically admitted that the clones were added only a few months before Melee was launched to stuff the roster so that fans wouldn't be mad.
well maybe things came up during Brawl's development but I hope he explained himself over why 6 years later , Toon Link , Ganon and Falco still have a clone like moveset too

this is why we MIGHT get clones again

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
There's nothing wrong with Plusle and Minun...Granted, there are many Pokemon in the gen that are just way more awesome then them, but P&M could provide something really interesting if they're introduced as the second duo character.
There is plenty wrong with them.

They're two Pichus with differently colored ears, legs, and arms and plus and minus theme. I don't care if they could be a duo, I hate that they exist to begin with. They do not need to acknowledged in this game.

If the third generation needs to be represented, find some Pokemon designs that weren't thrown together in five seconds. Or, at the very least, find somebody who isn't another electric rodent.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
Im playing the original paper mario now! i gotta say...

no.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
PT is to unique of a character to remove. Maybe they will decide to use Gen 2 PT as HG/SS was released after Brawl like FR/LG were released after Melee. Even if they don't though, I'm still expecting him to be back in some form.

Gamingboy

Smash Lord
Stupid Landmasters. Hated how all three of them had landmasters. They couldn't let Falco do a strafing run or something instead?

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
There is plenty wrong with them.

They're two Pichus with differently colored ears, legs, and arms and plus and minus theme. I don't care if they could be a duo, I hate that they exist to begin with. They do not need to acknowledged in this game.

If the third generation needs to be represented, find some Pokemon designs that weren't thrown together in five seconds. Or, at the very least, find somebody who isn't another electric rodent.
Ha, Ha!! Good rant!! Want more! :)

But Plusle and Minun don't belong in Smash as playable characters, more like Pokeball pokemon instead.

Mewtwo, before anyone needs to be included in the roster, not those two losers

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
well maybe things came up during Brawl's development but I hope he explained himself over why 6 years later , Toon Link , Ganon and Falco still have a clone like moveset too

this is why we MIGHT get clones again
They're not really clones but semi-clones (AKA "lugified" clones). (This term used to be used a lot so I'm surprized it has fallen out of use.) Brawl didn't have any true clones like Melee did If you ask me, I think they did a great job making Toon Link, Ganondorf, and Falco distinct from their original counterparts. They were given new moves, new animations, and the characteristics/properties of their attacks were changed. Also, with Falco and Toon Link, it makes sense that they attack similarly. Toon Link is a reincarnation of Link and Falco trained at the same military academy as Fox (and by extension it's suggested in the series that Wolf did too).

Aside from the identical Final Smashes, I think Toon Link, Wolf, Ganondorf, Luigi, and Falco were good models for how "clones" should be- similar but distinct enough that they still have a different feel to them. Semi-clones show that a decent amount of thought went into not making them too similar to their counterparts, clones are just a quick way to increase the number of characters. With that being said, semi-clones take some of the work away that allows them to put more focus on new characters instead of taking old characters and trying to make them entirely different. Going off of that you can probably accredit 2-3 completely unique characters in the roster on the time saved making semi-clones.

Zap tackle

Smash Journeyman
I don't think a fourth Kirby rep is going to be Kirby. I doubt a fourth Kirby rep is happening at all.
I agree that the trio we have so far is more than enough. However, in Kirby Wii the fourth playable character after Kirby, King Dedede, and Metaknight is Waddle Dee (with a bandanna and spear). Waddle Dee is pretty popular and since he's going to be playable in the new Kirby game, do you think he might become playable? He also had a major role in Kirby 64. I know that he doesn't do much, but by the way things are going in this game he can become a possibility.

Gamingboy

Smash Lord
This early, basically EVERYBODY is a possibility. They haven't started at all yet beyond deciding that, yes, they will make it.

That said, I don't see Waddle Dee.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I've recently been thinking about Black Shadow, and it seems that he might be taking Ganondorf's old moveset; Ganondorf gets a sword and a new moveset.

Basically, Black Shadow would be very strong and heavy, but he'd be very slow, and lacking any projectiles. Quite fitting for someone who rivals and despises Captain Falcon so much.

Special moves...

Special: Bull's Fist
Side Special: Dark Choke
Up Special: Bull Dive
Down Special: Darkness Kick
Final Smash: Black Bull

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
F-Zero's technically a dead franchise so its chances of getting anymore reps are virtually zilch. It's been seven years since the last installment and, for whatever reason, Nintendo keeps shooting down requests from third parties to pick up the series again.

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
I've recently been thinking about Black Shadow, and it seems that he might be taking Ganondorf's old moveset; Ganondorf gets a sword and a new moveset.

Basically, Black Shadow would be very strong and heavy, but he'd be very slow, and lacking any projectiles. Quite fitting for someone who rivals and despises Captain Falcon so much.

Special moves...

Special: Bull's Fist
Side Special: Dark Choke
Up Special: Bull Dive
Down Special: Darkness Kick
Final Smash: Black Bull
I was unaware that Black Shadow had anything to do with bulls

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom