• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

@hemightbegiant: It's a Chris Chan reference (Your avatar)! Glad to see that someone know of that idiot's travesy and thank god he has stopped making stupid videos on purpose.

@BirthNote: If any Kirby rep is getting in, it's Waddle Dee. Even him is unlikely, so we can't consider Prince Fluff, who has only been in one game so far.
Neontiger94 said:
Honestly a new Nintendo IP needs to happen

2 reasons:

No prominent Ip's came out this gen other than the Wii series

We are running out of significant characters to put in Smash.
Absolutely. I want to see what that IP is and I hope it's great.

gsninja

Smash Journeyman
NNID
gsninja
3DS FC
5455-9389-5386
Switch FC
1284 3127 1819

2 reasons:

So true. When you actually sit down and think about it, there's virtually nothing that Nintendo can take from a new IP for character rep. I mean, who do we have, Captain Rainbow? :p

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
I didn't know Miyamoto did Wii Sports series. Well I've liked everything else he's done so far and I'm sure this will be no different.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter

2 reasons:

What the heck is this "IP" you guys keep mentioning regarding Miyamoto? I'm sorry, I just had to know.

And what's gonna become of Animal Crossing? Took Nook? The human?, the singing dog lol?

:phone:

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
I looked it up and he did Nintendogs as well. According to Wikipedia he does mostly Guitar and breeds dogs (where Nintendogs comes from). I'm guessing a music game will be his next IP. I hope it has someone with an axe guitar.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I don't know why so many people are insisting that we need a lot of new IPs for this game because the last two games didn't have ANY characters representing new IPs. In Brawl, Olimar represented the "newest" IP and Pikmin was released within a few days of Melee in 2001. It might be an issue for SSB5 but that's at least another decade off. For now, I think there's enough to work with especially with third parties in the mix.

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
if prince fluff made it into smash before ANYTHING, I'd probably kill myself.
There's already characters in Smash who have "upset" people when they found out about them. Besides, if he does make it, I doubt he'll be the main focus of the game (cuz its not a 1-man show) and there will probably be characters that you'll like, so I don't think suicide is neccessary. XD

@BirthNote: If any Kirby rep is getting in, it's Waddle Dee. Even him is unlikely, so we can't consider Prince Fluff, who has only been in one game so far.
Waddle Dee's already in, and so is Waddle Doo. :awesome: Also, Prince Fluff can still be considered because of his uniqueness--something that is looked at when thinking of newcomers. Whether or not he makes it in is another story.

EDIT:
What the heck is this "IP" you guys keep mentioning regarding Miyamoto? I'm sorry, I just had to know.
I'm not sure if you don't know what an IP is, or what the IP that Miyamoto may be working on, so I'll explain both: An IP is an Intellectual Property like a video game series that's owned by a company (Nintendo's got Mario), and Miyamoto hasn't told us what his new IP is.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
The waddle dee argument could be countered with the same one they're making for toad.
I'd personally wouldnt mind seeing prince fluff

D

Deleted member

I'll be extremely honest here, I believe this game will be the peak of the Super Smash Bros. series in quality. Nintendo has pretty much everything they have to make this the best Smash game in existance and I hope it becomes that way. As such, after SSB4, I can't imagine the series keeping it's pristine quality so as long as we get at least a mid 40s roster, great online play, and a game that is excellent, I would be okay with this being the last installment of the game. It's probably all going downhill after this anyway. Without further ado, my character roster is below (And despite my analysis, I don't claim to be a genius, I am after all, just speculating):

[COLLAPSE="My Character Roster For the Wii-U Version of Super Smash Bros. 4 (Version 1)"]*: Unlockable

Mario:
- Mario/Dr. Mario
- Luigi
- Peach
- Bowser
- Bowser Jr.*

Donkey Kong:
- Donkey Kong
- Diddy Kong or Diddy Kong/Dixie Kong
- King K. Rool/Kaptain K. Rool/Baron K. Roolenstein or Dixie Kong*

Yoshi:
- Yoshi

Wario:
- Wario/Classic Wario

The Legend of Zelda:
- Link
- Zelda/Sheik
- Ganondorf*
- Toon Link or Young Link*

Metriod:
- Samus
- Ridley*

Kirby:
- Kirby
- Meta-Knight
- King Dedede

Star Fox:
- Fox
- Falco*
- Wolf*

Pokemon:
- Pikachu
- Jigglypuff
- Pokemon Trainer
- One of Mewtwo, Lucario, or another 1st gen rep*
- Zoroark or Victini*

F-zero:
- Captain Falcon
- Samurai Gorah*

Earthbound:
- Ness
- Lucas*

Fire Emblem:
- Marth*
- Ike

Retro:
- Ice Climbers
- Mr. Game & Watch*
- R.O.B.*

Kid Icarus:
- Pit
- Medusa*

Pikimin:
- Olimar

Punch-Out!!:
- Little Mac

Sin & Punishment:
- Saki Amamiya or Isa Jo

Custom Robo:
- Ray MK III*

Nazo No Murasame Jo:
- Takamaru*

3rd Party:
- Snake*
- Sonic*
- Mega Man*[/COLLAPSE]
[COLLAPSE="General Information Regarding The Roster"]Characters: 46 (50 with transformations)
Nintendo: 43
Third-Party: 3
Newcomers: 10/11
Starter: 26
Unlockable: 20
Characters From Previous Installments: 34/35
Characters Removed: 4/5 {Pichu, Dr. Mario, Roy, Mewtwo/Lucario)

Alternate Costume:

Mario: Dr. Mario
Wario: Classic Wario
King K. Rool: Kaptain K. Rool/Baron K. Roolenstein[/COLLAPSE]
[COLLAPSE="General Analysis About The Roster"]Predicting a roster is difficult to do and it gets much, much harder on this roster because we have to deal with two versions. This doesn't just mean the 3DS version will be smaller then the Wii-U version, both will be different, so we can expect different characters. Characters already in the game that originated from the handheld game or have a heavy presence in handhelds that overshadows console games probably won't be affected much, but it won't be the same for consoles. There will almost certainly be system exclusive characters, which is why a couple of likely SSB4 characters are on the 3DS version because they have no apperance on consoles and as such, are unlikely to arrive on consoles unless (hopefully) we buy the 3DS version and transfer their to this version. This is why Issac and Starfy are exclusive to the 3DS version.

I would not be surprise if we did not reach 50 characters. It certainly has a decent chance of happening, especially with the Paradise rumor debunked and there are a lot of characters that we want in the game. However, even if Issac and Starfy made it into the Wii-U version, that's forty-eight, not fifty. So when it comes to the final roster, our best bet is somewhere between 45 and 50, which is where my roster falls betweeen. From what I've seen, all these characters stands a respectable chance of getting into the game.This is determined by relavency, popular support, if a character could potentially be unique, and based off previous appearance in Smash games as playable characters. My predictions probably have a flaw or two in them so I'm not expecting this to be the last roster I make before the game comes out by any means. As a matter of fact, it is merely my first.

In terms of removed characters, I find the roster in Brawl to be superior to Melee. Clones are less obvious and there are no characters that people can generally agree on are going. The only exception to this is Lucario and even then, he's less likely to be removed then the ones that were removed from Melee due to not being a clone and not being terrible.

Regarding starters, I think the majority of new Smashers will have to be unlocked. This gives more of a sense of accomplishment and those who don't know beforehand will be pleasantly surprise to see these characters in. That said, I believe this is the game where all twelve original players will not only come back, but be a starter. The reason why I say this is because new villains should be unlockable and that if the roster had all four of the original Smashers unlockable again, the amount of unlockable characters would go over the amount of starters and I highly doubt that will be happening. Plus someone semi-familiar with Smash character roster will know that Ness, Luigi, Captain Falcon, and Jigglypuff are in the game, so no point is making us unlock them again, just put them up from the start already.

There are some patterns to note, even if it may be broken in SSB4:
- The vertical rows length increase by one character per series. The original had two characters per vertical rows, Melee had three, and Brawl had four. I predict that SSB4 will follow a vertical row length again, so if the pattern continues, we should expect five in a vertical row. That means that two of Nintendo's biggest franchise, Mario and Pokemon, have a good chance of having five reps.

- Relavence has almost always played a part in Super Smash Bros. Like User33 said, it helps that a character is relavent to the game and I'm willing to give him credit for bringing that up. That said, I don't think it's the absolute barrier to getting a character in, as there is still popular requests and other factors that could still get characters in, nor is relavence a requirement.

More detailed information on why I included these characters in are below.[/COLLAPSE]
[COLLAPSE="Specific Character Roster Explanation (Warning, very long)"]- Mario: Mario is almost guarantee a fifth rep. After losing Dr. Mario and not having any replacements in the game, there's not a reason why Nintendo won't make that up with a worthy rep. The question is, who will that person be? I still highly doubt it's going to be Toad, but that's my opinion, but we have two other choices: Bowser Jr. and Paper Mario. Of those, Bowser Jr. is the only likely choice we have and as such, the one I picked. He has potentials to be unique, is popular with fan requests, and is very important to the Mario series ever since Super Mario Sunshine. The question isn't if a fifth rep will occur, it's who will that person be? Bowser Jr, Toad, or Paper Mario? The debates will continue for a couple of years if not more, but I think Bowser Jr. will win this time. A sixth rep is also possible, but not likely.

- Donkey Kong: I would not be surprise if we get three reps, although four is pushing it. As a matter of fact, I would say the chances are 85%, which is really good when you think about it. Dixie Kong was in the Brawl Code, so this leaves the potential for her to be either a single character or with Diddy Kong. King K. Rool is also a likely villain with being the second most requested villain next to Ridley himself. Also, note that both characters was in Super Mario Sluggers, so there's no reason to rule them out yet. In all honesty, I would be happy with two reps if Diddy Kong and Dixie Kong were a tag team.

- Yoshi and Wario: Neither needs any rep right now, the only potential I see from the Wario franchise is Kat & Ana and even so, will probably not make it into SSB4.

- The Legend of Zelda: Only needs four rep. It would be nice to see Fierce Diety Link and all, but there's not really a deserving rep aside from those four. They should focus on getting Ganondorf and Toon Link fixed up, thought it's possible that Toon Link could be dropped with either no replacement or Young Link.

- Metroid: Ridley is almost guarantee for a spot. People want him, he's the most requested villain, and there's nothing going against his inclusion. It's time and there are no other character (Moreso then Mega Man, my most wanted) more deserving of a rep.

- Kirby: A fourth rep is possible, since after all, this was developed by Sakurai originally, but it's not likely. Thus, three Kirby rep. Waddle Dee could happen, but I can't really see him in Smash.

- Star Fox: Krystal is certainly possible and I can see her getting into the next game, but not among the most likely characters in the game. While four would be preferred, I'll be okay with three and hopefully, no one gets dropped and all three Star Fox players gets their own Final Smash (Falco with Airwing, Wolf with Wolfen).

- Pokemon: Pokemon is almost as big as Mario and has even more potential characters to work with, so it's also very likely to receive not four, but five reps. If a vertical trend continues, I'd be quite surprise if we had just four. Arcadenik brings up a good point in which each game brings 1st gen rep. Receiving a new rep in some form is decently possible and something I'm willing to experiment with for now. As such, I would not be surprise if Lucario stay, Mewtwo comes back to replace in his place (Both ways for developers to cut back in time, since Lucario was playable in Brawl and they could finish up Mewtwo from Brawl and bring him back), or get a new rep, which the least unlikely is Meowth.

- F-zero: This franchise, regardless of relavency, stands a good chance of getting a second rep. Samurai Gorah is the most likely since he has been an Assist Trophy in Brawl and with Assist Trophies being upgraded to playable characters a near guarantee, we should be looking at Assist Trophy as a potential factor for playable characters in SSB4. Black Shadow is also possible, but not as likely and will probably serve as a Assist Trophy in place of Samurai Gorah.

- Earthbound: Very unlikely to receive more rep, but won't lose any characters. No reason to do so anyway.

- Fire Emblem: Again, possible that we'll see a third Fire Emblem rep, but that's up in the air. I'm sure Marth and Ike are staying around, thought.

- Kid Icarus: Kid Icarus is almost guarantee to have a second rep. Of those, the most likely is Medusa who is already starting to get a lot of support. The size argument doesn't matter in this case.

- Punch-Out!!!: Little Mac is another almost guarantee rep and easily the most likely Assist Trophy character to be in the game. I suspect he'll appear as he does in the Punch-Out!!! Wii game and I think that's the best design of him so far.

- Sin & Punishment: This series stands a very good chance of getting a rep, whenever you believe it or not. Relavency I don't think apply to Saki Amamiya since I consider anything three generations or further back to be retro. In this case, since the next installment will be on the Wii-U, Saki fits into this description with his only appearance in a game outside of Brawl was his game was Sin & Punishment back in 2000. Plus he's an Assist Trophy in SSBB, which also helps his case as he have move sets potential and I have seen support for him in SSB4. If not him then I want to at least see Isa Jo in the game as playable.

- Custom Robo: Also a popular request among fans, has move sets potential, and is an Assist Trophy in SSBB. Not as likely as a Sin & Punishment rep, but I would put his chances at 70%.

- Nazo No Murasame Jo: Takamaru is the best WTF character we have that has not been reprsented in the game yet and since we get at least one new Japan-exclusive characters since Melee (If you count just the original version), I wouldn't be surprise if we got this guy in. Nice surprise but anyone who does extra research (Although I'll have to give User33 credit for this) will know that this is not a character to rule out an appearance of. The fact that Sakurai said he would be considered also helps his chances.

3rd Party: I very much doubt that Snake and Sonic will be removed from the next game, since both companies appear to have good relationships with Nintendo, especially Sega. This leaves Mega Man, the only likely third-party character not in the game. If he doesn't get in, no one does, so he's pretty much the only shot we have at a 3rd third-party character. A fourth third-party character is certainly possible as there are at least three potential candidates for it, but I'm not expecting more then three and quite frankly, unless a SSB5 gets made, it shouldn't be a concern whenever or not we get it because third-party characters are guests.[/COLLAPSE]I have a modest expectations for the roster, so this can't be too far out of reach, especially when including transformation. I hope that we get at least 46 characters in the game (Not including transformations) because this roster should be enough to satisfy most people and all of these slots have a chance of happening.

Gamingboy

Smash Lord
Well, we're running out of significant NINTENDO characters for Smash. Which almost makes me speculate if we will see a bunch more third-party characters- like have 5 or 6 third-parties, instead of just 2 or 3. Nintendo is trying to rebuild the bridges with the third-parties, what better way than to offer a spot in SSB4 to symbolize stuff like this?

Just for fun, I thought through some 3rd parties and came up with who the "Best" character from each would be:
(Konami is Snake, Sega is Sonic)

Capcom= Mega Man (apologies to Ryu, Viewtiful Joe, Amaterasu, the Ace Attorneys and the RE characters)

Ubisoft= Rayman (apologies to the Rabbids- Maybe a final smash?, Travis Touchdown, the Prince of Persia and that old British guy from the Killer Freaks E3 Demo)

Namco= PAC-MAN (apologies to the Soul Caliber and Tekken fighters, Klonoa and the people from the "Tales of" series. No apologies to Ms. Pac-Man, who can be a alternate costume)

Hudson= Bomberman (apologies to Master Higgins, the Bloody Roar guys and Star Soldier)

Square-Enix= Jeez, too many to choose from. The Slime is, by it's very nature, supposed to be weak, although maybe they could make it work by having it be Ice Climber turned up to eleven, with you controlling like a swarm of 6 Slimes. Geno is, of course, a character much loved but little used due to the legal status he is in. Moogles don't feel smashable. Cloud Strife is only eligible due to a Kingdom Hearts technicality. The EIDOS properties they own (Tomb Raider, Hitman) don't exactly scream "SQUARE-ENIX"...

Electronic Arts- Doesn't have any "iconic" characters that have appeared on Nintendo systems, unless you count "generic Sim", "generic NFL player", "Generic WWII-era soldier", "generic Need for Speed Car" or "Generic FIFA player". Seriously, EA, bring Commander Shepard to Wii U if you get the chance.

Activision- NO.

D

Deleted member

@Gamingboy: The only third-party characters aside from Mega Man that stands a semi-reasonable chance of getting in are Ryu Hayabusa, Travis Touchdown, Ryu from Street Fighter, and Slime. The chances of four third-party characters getting into the game is questionable and anything above that is unlikely.

I'll be back tomorrow, got a job interview to worry about and I want to spend time with family. Constructive criticism on my roster would be appreciated and I will further explain myself if necessary.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
The savior known as Hudson has disappeared into the vast sea of obscurity, konami. With that being said I think bomberman could beat out snake
/hopelesslyoptimistic

some_jerk

Smash Apprentice
You know who would be an interesting out of no where character? Ryota Hayami from waverace. Granted, they would have to pull a captain falcon on him, but it would be interesting to see how they could do with him.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
For those interested, here is a little bit of the Slime moveset we have been working on at Gamefaqs:

Slime:

A- A simple lunge forward
AA- A second lunge
AAA- Slime does a small flip, small knockback
Running A- While running, begins to roll (somewhat like Jigglypuff's rollout)

(Non Charged)

Up A- Jumps as if pointy part of slime is a weapon and pokes target
Down A- Sweeps ground with pointy part
Side A - Puffs up and lunges forward to smother the opponent.

(Smash)
Side A- Elasto Blast: stretches in the direction pointed, can be adjusted during the charge; once the button is let go, Slime shoots in the direction.
Up A- Slime Medley: Two slimes come to help and form a slime stack, all slimes do damage in stack. Piston like effect slamming upwards.
Down A- Bubble: Becomes a puddle and sweeps the ground. Radial effect.

UpB - Chimaera Wing: Slime teleports skyward in a flash of light. Straight up vertically.
Side B - Frizz: He'll start charging the attack sort of like Fox's Up B. During this phase you can then use the control stick to aim the attack, sending a fireball type attack in any direction. Sets players on fire for a few seconds and can also set areas of the stage on fire for a few seconds, dealing damage to anyone who wanders into the flames.
Neutral B - Slime Knight*: A knight doll appears on Slime's back and slashes like crazy, sort of like Metaknight. You can hold down B and he'll continue to slash but you can't move while he's slashing.
DownB- Back Up!: Summons a random member of the Slime family (She-Slime, Heal Slime, Bubble Slime, King Slime, etc...) for different effects.

Final Smash - Schleimann Tank: Slime glows and begins to bounce around whistling loudly. Out of the background the Schleimann Tank appears and begins bombarding the stage with bombs and explosives. Think of the Pirate Ship level's effect on a grander degree.

*A Slime Knight is basically a knight resting on top of the Slime. In the Dragon Quest Heroes games, any living creature could utilize a Slime Knight, and if put on a certain kind of item, it would act on its own against anyone.
Still in the process of working on aerials and grabs.

Thinking of working on some animated GIF's for more of an example.

Steam

Smash Hero
There's already characters in Smash who have "upset" people when they found out about them. Besides, if he does make it, I doubt he'll be the main focus of the game (cuz its not a 1-man show) and there will probably be characters that you'll like, so I don't think suicide is neccessary. XD

if prince fluff makes it in ahead of the Zoroark, Lucario, Mewtwo trio I'd kill myself. and they'd need a biiig roster to include all 3 of them. jussayin.

Gamingboy

Smash Lord
The only third-party characters aside from Mega Man that stands a semi-reasonable chance of getting in are Ryu Hayabusa, Travis Touchdown, Ryu from Street Fighter, and Slime. The chances of four third-party characters getting into the game is questionable and anything above that is unlikely.

I'm not going to say you're wrong- in fact I think you are probably right. But I'm also going to say is that making assumptions such as this, that only X, X or X have a chance, seems premature. We literally have NO IDEA. NONE. Heck, Sakurai-San might not even have an idea, he's so busy finishing up Kid Icarus.

And, besides, Pac-Man already has crossed over with the Mario Universe. (Of course, so has Slime and (in North America) Bomberman.) So it's not like it'd be unprecedented.

Rosalina suporter

Smash Ace
Now Pac-Man would be interesting in smash 4..

Slime is a part of Square Enix, and Square Enix/ is working on a new game with nintendo all so.That mean's that slime could get in ssb 4, or some one from Dragon Quest could have a chance of geting in!

Gamingboy

Smash Lord
One thing I have with Slime: Isn't it supposed to be, like, the Goomba of DragionQuest? Or are there other, more powerful types of Slimes that I'm missing?

Although, admittedly, it wouldn't be the first time SSB has vastly overstated or understated the power of a character. (See: Mewtwo, who went from one of the most powerful characters in Nintendo history to the lowest tier in SSBM)

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
how big do you want slime? he's smaller than a pikmin!
No... He's not... If anything he wouldn't be much smaller than Kirby. In Mario Sport's Mix he is just as large as Bowser. Jr. Seriously, watch this. He can even grab and throw balls! Amazing...! http://youtu.be/7XojkXZj81M

One thing I have with Slime: Isn't it supposed to be, like, the Goomba of DragionQuest? Or are there other, more powerful types of Slimes that I'm missing?

Although, admittedly, it wouldn't be the first time SSB has vastly overstated or understated the power of a character. (See: Mewtwo, who went from one of the most powerful characters in Nintendo history to the lowest tier in SSBM)
Slime is a common enemy, but it is also the mascot of the Dragon Quest series and it's spin offs. It has three titles in all in it's spin off series (Mori Mori Slime, Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime and Rocket Slime 2 for the 3DS).

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
...what....
....pac man

.........GTFO

What is pacman gonna do in Smash? Chomp people then what else? Sounds like an assist trophy. Other characters made more sense. ToS people would actually fit in too.

Rosalina suporter

Smash Ace
...what....
....pac man

.........GTFO

What is pacman gonna do in Smash? Chomp people then what else? Sounds like an assist trophy. Other characters made more sense. ToS people would actually fit in too.
That's what i mint when i said he would be interesting like a assist trophy.I do think they need more trophys in smash.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I said it back then and I'll say it now, there's only three characters who I absolutely HATE and Pac-Man is one of them. There hasn't been a good Pac-Man since 1983 and since then the franchise has only released games that are between mediocre and teeth grindingly God awful. I really wish Namco would let the poor franchise die already. I don't hate Pac-Man, per say, I hate what he's become: the very definition of milking a video game franchise to death.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I said it back then and I'll say it now, there's only three characters who I absolutely HATE and Pac-Man is one of them. There hasn't been a good Pac-Man since 1983 and since then the franchise has only released games that are between mediocre and teeth grindingly God awful. I really wish Namco would let the poor franchise die already. I don't hate Pac-Man, per say, I hate what he's become: the very definition of milking a video game franchise to death.
Didn't you also abhor Krystal too back in the Brawl days?

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
Would anyone else be in favor of the character animations coming back? The ones in the original after you selected the character. It was a small touch but I liked it.

kenshen

Smash Journeyman
yup yup 3d pac man shudder

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
You know who would be an interesting out of no where character? Ryota Hayami from waverace. Granted, they would have to pull a captain falcon on him, but it would be interesting to see how they could do with him.
This guy could be interesting. Like CF is with fire Ryota could be with water.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
i watched half of it... sigh...
now he looks fat!! Dragon Quest VIII is the only DQ game i played (and passed), i could have only imagined the size from that game and a King Slime at the time...

i still despise the fact he has no arms/ hands. sure he can grab, but then again, now the Goomba has a reason to be in Smash 5 just because slime can do it.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
i watched half of it... sigh...
now he looks fat!! Dragon Quest VIII is the only DQ game i played (and passed), i could have only imagine the size from that game and a King Slime at the time...

i still despise the fact he has no arms/ hands. sure he can grab, but then again, now the Goomba has a reason to be in Smash 5 just because slime can do it.
Umm no... Slime is not a Goomba... Goomba doesn't have three of his own games. Goomba isn't the mascot of a major franchise. Goomba is simply Goomba. If anything the Slime in a potential Smash Bros would probably be "Rocket" from the Rocket Slime series.

And, btw, you really should take a look at the WIP moselist. 90% of all the moves so far have been taken from the actual games themselves. Plus Slime also happens to have magic too.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Hehe, it kind of ironic, that a Bill Cosby fan would "hate" Pac-Man.

Nothing wrong with it, it's your opinion, nut the whole point of PAC-man being even considered is kinda of ridiculous, sure he's been done to death on Nintendo, but has offered anything significant outside of PAC-man world.

Gamingboy

Smash Lord
Pac-Man DOES have hands you know. He doesn't just chompchompchompchompchomp. He's been in plenty of other types of games.

Besides, Pac-Man is EXACTLY the type of iconic character that fits into SSB. He is, in fact, arguably THE iconic character. And if SSB is about anything, it's about iconic characters beating the ever loving crap out of each other.

And so what if 99% of the stuff after the arcade days has sucked. Darth Vader's best days were a long time ago too, but he's still one of the best movie characters of all time.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
I don't think Nintendo or Namco would want Pac-man as an assist trophy. Nintendo because assist trophies are for characters in Nintendo franshices to give them repersentation (eg. Animal Crossing) and Namco because it would be pretty embarrassing to have your mascot coming out of a nintendo game as an assist trophy.

EDIT: Smash bros is about Nintendo characters going at each other. Pac-man is a 3rd party and one that's not even that wanted (compared to say Megaman and many others).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom