• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gamingboy

Smash Lord
EDIT: Smash bros is about Nintendo characters going at each other. Pac-man is a 3rd party and one that's not even that wanted (compared to say Megaman and many others).
If Smash Brothers was just about Nintendo characters going at each other, Snake and Sonic wouldn't have been in Brawl. And, for your information, I have Mega Man way above Pac-Man on my wish-list. I just felt I needed to defend the honor of a gaming icon.

Rosalina suporter

Smash Ace
What about spyro he could work.He's all so got a new game comeing out for the 3ds

Pac-Man has 2 new game's comeing out him self on 3ds!

And so duess Animal Crossing!

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
i was writing this big rant, but i feel it would get us nowhere. you're obviously not going to yield; you have this strange passion for this limbless, handless blue blob with a funny face, i doubt even sakurai himself could bring you down. (im not being serious with that last comment...)

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I might as well get this out of the way and drop the old nostalgia bomb now:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4XrmjZQRQs

Seriously, how many times did you watch this thing when it first came out? I really hope the first trailer for SSB4 is like this just because, after I saw this, I was hyped for the game til the day it came out. Hard to imagine that it's all about to start again. Have five years really passed?

L-a-t-e-r-a-l-u-s

Smash Ace
Umm no... Slime is not a Goomba... Goomba doesn't have three of his own games. Goomba isn't the mascot of a major franchise. Goomba is simply Goomba. If anything the Slime in a potential Smash Bros would probably be "Rocket" from the Rocket Slime series.

And, btw, you really should take a look at the WIP moselist. 90% of all the moves so far have been taken from the actual games themselves. Plus Slime also happens to have magic too.

Gamingboy

Smash Lord
Ah, to hell with characters. Anybody got any ideas for cool stages? I like the idea of the Royal Unova, or at least it's deck. It would sort of be a water-based version of Lylat Cruise.

L-a-t-e-r-a-l-u-s

Smash Ace
Ah, to hell with characters. Anybody got any ideas for cool stages? I like the idea of the Royal Unova, or at least it's deck. It would sort of be a water-based version of Lylat Cruise.
Definitely a revamped Fountain of Dreams :). Maybe a different Peach's castle that changes to some of the more popular rooms in Super Mario 64

D

Deleted member

Okay, one more post before going to bed:

I would be okay with Pac-Man being in the game, provided that of course, Mega Man, Sonic, and Snake all get in first. I just can't see it happening.

@Starphoenix: Looking good so far. Now I'm interested in seeing more.
Rosalina_suporter said:
Waight is Hudson not going to work on ssmb4?

Or should i say be a part of smash bro's?
Pretty much this and I find it incredibly unlikely that Snake would be replaced with Bomberman now.
Gamingboy said:
I'm not going to say you're wrong- in fact I think you are probably right. But I'm also going to say is that making assumptions such as this, that only X, X or X have a chance, seems premature. We literally have NO IDEA. NONE. Heck, Sakurai-San might not even have an idea, he's so busy finishing up Kid Icarus.

And, besides, Pac-Man already has crossed over with the Mario Universe. (Of course, so has Slime and (in North America) Bomberman.) So it's not like it'd be unprecedented.
I'm not saying that we will only see those three, just that there's not really much of a chance for anyone else to come in. Better third-party relationship in the end, will mean nothing in regards to how many characters gets in Smash.
kenshen said:
protoman would be epic
I don't think there's room for a Capcom rep that isn't Mega Man or Ryu. Don't get your hope up. Beside, he would likely be a semi-clone of Mega Man.
Fatmanonice said:
Seriously, how many times did you watch this thing when it first came out? I really hope the first trailer for SSB4 is like this just because, after I saw this, I was hyped for the game til the day it came out. Hard to imagine that it's all about to start again. Have five years really passed?
God that was an awesome trailer. They need something this epic or moreso for the next game.

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
if prince fluff makes it in ahead of the Zoroark, Lucario, Mewtwo trio I'd kill myself. and they'd need a biiig roster to include all 3 of them. jussayin.
Is suicide really the answer? I hope you're exaggerating, cuz what I'm getting from this is that you'd cause problems for Nintendo and others just because Fluff would be playable. How would you even be able to know who got in ahead of who anyway? Can we assume that Diddy Kong got in ahead of Ike or vise-versa even though they're both playable? Its not a big deal; there's likely to be fighters that you'll like, and your "trio" isn't guaranteed to appear, much like this Fluff idea.

L-a-t-e-r-a-l-u-s

Smash Ace

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
i read this...
Cloud
Sora
Riku
Sephiroth

... you don't really need help, it is way too easy to take him down.

reserk

Smash Cadet
alright seeing how we're all predicting which characters will get in and which will get out, we're not getting anywhere really. later on i'm gonna write a blog on the new smash bros, what i think should be in it such as board the platforms and a new adventure and of course new characters. i'll let you guys know later when i write it. would appreciate you're opinions.

vVv Rapture

Smash Lord
Writing Team
**** that, Metroid dream roster time!

Samus/ZSS
Ridley
Dark Samus
Rundas

**** yeah.

L-a-t-e-r-a-l-u-s

Smash Ace
I'm not even mad. (I'll find that pic later for that)

On topic: What do you think of the Wifi capabilities for this?
I think Nintendo will FINALLY adapt a username system and maybe even have a free-roam lobby like area where you can run over to people, interact, challenge them to a battle or something... maybe even some EXP bar rank system :p

L-a-t-e-r-a-l-u-s

Smash Ace

There we go.

EDIT: Oh hell nah, exp is going to lead to broken *** characters.
No no no, no stats or anything, just... Like as a person beats people online, they have a level next to their name based on how the Computer players are ranked... but it could go past level 9. Basically, it tells you what you just got yourself into challenging someone online. Prepares you for if you're going to get your butt whooped or not :p

Steam

Smash Hero
Is suicide really the answer? I hope you're exaggerating, cuz what I'm getting from this is that you'd cause problems for Nintendo and others just because Fluff would be playable. How would you even be able to know who got in ahead of who anyway? Can we assume that Diddy Kong got in ahead of Ike or vise-versa even though they're both playable? Its not a big deal; there's likely to be fighters that you'll like, and your "trio" isn't guaranteed to appear, much like this Fluff idea.
lol I'd never kill myself

also my point was that prince fluff would never be in. all three of those pokemon won't be in the game with out a huuuuge roster. We'll see zoroark for sure and maybe lucario. but wtf prince fluff. when you get to characters that obscure you STOP MAKING NEW CHARACTERS.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
i was writing this big rant, but i feel it would get us nowhere. you're obviously not going to yield; you have this strange passion for this limbless, handless blue blob with a funny face, i doubt even sakurai himself could bring you down. (im not being serious with that last comment...)
I don't care if you think it is stupid or not. I'm not going around saying he will get in. All I've said is he is a viable candidate that has better chances than most will concede. Despite having no limbs he can still function as a fighter.

If it isn't Slime I am confident it will go to Chocobo for a Square Enix representative. Or are you going to have problems with that choice too?

refugee

Smash Journeyman
mewtwo will not be in ahead of lucario... there's no reason for it now that he has an even larger fanbase... mewtwo's pretty much SOL. Zoroark will be in. Lucario might. though if he does it will because zoroark fills his place. Lucario would be in much higher demand than many other characters... and lol cutting lucario would please the highest ammount of people... 2many lucario fanboys brah.
WTF? You're back, with the same old arguments that had been disproven multiple times in the previous thread and you still don't have a source to back up your claim? GTHO

daAZNSensation

Smash Cadet

I never get tired of that trailer, brings back memories, especially the reaction to snake, priceless. i would like to see the new trailer for ssb4 use the begining of the ssbb trailer, where the characters are introduced. Brawl mario, link, pikachu, and kirby run on stage and transform into their HD models. That'll be sweet. i could see that happening. Poor Kirby lol

some_jerk

Smash Apprentice
If we're talking pokemon stages, I personally think N's Castle would be sweet, with Reshiram and Zekrom duking it out in the background.

Steam

Smash Hero
WTF? You're back, with the same old arguments that had been disproven multiple times in the previous thread and you still don't have a source to back up your claim? GTHO
they haven't been disproven. besides this is a speculation thread I don't NEED sources since no one's opinion will change anyways

and no need to get salty. mewtwo was 2nd before and he'll be 3rd now. *shrug*

@xblis- Rosalina prob won't get in unless there's a SMG3... but still a better chance than fluff

vVv Rapture

Smash Lord
Writing Team
Fluff is seriously one of the last characters Smash needs, considering there are so many other better choices and the franchise itself already has three characters.

Chidosengan

Smash Lord

Here's the one with reaction audio!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PzQJpP8M7XA

L-a-t-e-r-a-l-u-s

Smash Ace
I don't care if you think it is stupid or not. I'm not going around saying he will get in. All I've said is he is a viable candidate that has better chances than most will concede. Despite having no limbs he can still function as a fighter.

If it isn't Slime I am confident it will go to Chocobo for a Square Enix representative. Or are you going to have problems with that choice too?
I feel like I think Slime would be pretty stupid as a fighter. I think Geno would be a better Square representative. I feel like Geno probably has a better chance than many may think; I could be wrong, but Square can't possibly own all of the rights towards Geno.

Zombiesarecool

Smash Cadet
There is no shortage of Nintendo specific characters. Y'all are just too stubborn to think about including older series or "characters who might not be natural fighters." Just sayin'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom