• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thino

Smash Master
Remember, we have at least 25 GB for the team to work with and still quite a few choices for Nintendo to pick from, not including the likelihood of Mega Man. While I'm not expecting anymore then three third-party characters, I can't really see 49 characters meaning setting yourself up for disappointment.
25GB you say? expect some huge files for what is gonna replace SSE , a soundtrack even bigger than Brawl's , lots of trphies and stickers and maybe some other new kind of collectables

D

Deleted member

Have alliances ever worked? No because as far as we know the developers don't read these forums as they are not offically associated with Nintendo like the original Nsider was. Also, most of the alliances were formed in the summer of 2006 and its highly likely that most of the cast had already been determined by that time. From how Sakurai described the development process, it seems that the characters and stages are one of the first things they knock out.
Okay then, I'm disregarding plans for Mega Man/Takamaru/Little Mac alliance. Thanks for letting me know.

PG-13

Smash Cadet
So here is my list of what I think are the 10 most likely newcomers (In no specific order):

1. Bowser Jr.
2. Ridley
3. Zoroark
4. Medusa
5. Little Mac
6. Dixie Kong/King K. Rool
7. 1st Gen Newcomer or Mewtwo
8. Saki Amamiya/Isa Jo
9. Takamaru
10. Mega Man
Its gonna be Zoroark, no Mewtwo, unless Lucario, Mewtwo, and Zoroark all appear in the same game, which is unlikely.
And instead of Medusa maybe they will include that buff looking guy with a huge sword that was in the Kid Icarus 3DS trailer as a protable exclusive.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
25GB you say? expect some huge files for what is gonna replace SSE , a soundtrack even bigger than Brawl's , lots of trphies and stickers and maybe some other new kind of collectables
Alot this stuff will be awesome, especially custom music options, stickers were a dumb IMO.

:phone:

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
The so called Mii content could simply be additional Mii items obtained from achieving different goals in SSB4; Not as an actual playable character. Honestly, I wouldnt want a Mii taking a space that, say, Saki could be taking. Miis are... kinda not made for a Smash style of game, aesthetically and gameplay wise.
Mr. G&W isn't really design for Smash either but it works. A Mii has many reason to be playable. It allows you to have a custom character in Smash. Movesets based around Wii Sports games and Pilotwings gives them a variety of movesets.

L-a-t-e-r-a-l-u-s

Smash Ace
Why would it not make sense? It seems like an obvious addition to the game to me. I'm really surprised that they didn't put Miis in Brawl.
They didn't put them in brawl because Mii's would look really REALLY stupid in a game Rated T... The game is about badassery, mii's certainly lack that quality.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Okay then, I'm disregarding plans for Mega Man/Takamaru/Little Mac alliance. Thanks for letting me know.
I wouldn't say not to make one though because it does allow you to meet a lot of great people that have the same interests as you. Alliances probably won't be allowed on here until after a trailer has been shown though when SSB4 will no doubt get its own board. So, in short: + good for networking on this site, - doesn't help your character's chances.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
They didn't put them in brawl because Mii's would look really REALLY stupid in a game Rated T... The game is about badassery, mii's certainly lack that quality.
I don't see how a game about Mario, Pikachu and KIRBY could be about "Badassery"

Mii's would fit better than most characters. A lot better than Snake, and he was able to fit in.

Doesn't mean I'd like it, but it's still true

L-a-t-e-r-a-l-u-s

Smash Ace
I don't see how a game about Mario, Pikachu and KIRBY could be about "Badassery"

Mii's would fit better than most characters. A lot better than Snake, and he was able to fit in.

Doesn't mean I'd like it, but it's still true
The characters you noted are fairly badass. Mii's are plain, boring... Just plain dumb.

JOE!

Smash Hero
Guess it could work like Heart Swap or something. Not sure.
no, the point of Zoroark's illusion in pokemon is to make him appear as if he's somethign else at first.

How could THAT be implemented into a fighter where you see Zoroark being picked on the char select/etc?

L-a-t-e-r-a-l-u-s

Smash Ace
no, the point of Zoroark's illusion in pokemon is to make him appear as if he's somethign else at first.

How could THAT be implemented into a fighter where you see Zoroark being picked on the char select/etc?
It could simply just be his intro when he comes onto the stage :p

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
The characters you noted are fairly badass. Mii's are plain, boring... Just plain dumb.
Appearances can be deceiving.

Urban Champion looks badass but he has literally no moves to draw from other than simple punches.

Miis look boring but they have lots and lots of moveset potential from Wii Sports (and Resort), Wii Play (and Motion), and Pilotwings Resort.

Thino

Smash Master
less than a week after SSB4 is announced , we're discussing badassery , we have a LONG way to go guys , don't make it that funny THAT early

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
Hey I know you can make some scary looking Mii's out there. Plus I can make characters like Captain N and have him playable. That would be a dream come true.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Hey I know you can make some scary looking Mii's out there. Plus I can make characters like Captain N and have him playable. That would be a dream come true.
Butthurt fans can make their Miis look like Ridley if he isn't playable. :awesome:

PG-13

Smash Cadet
I thought fighting Miis was a pretty stupid idea until I read this and remembered a Mickey Mouse Mii. And lets not forget Barack Obama...:awesome:

JOE!

Smash Hero
It could simply just be his intro when he comes onto the stage :p
maybe, but at the same time that strips like the whole character of Zoroark away unless every one of her moves become like Fox Side B and Lucario Down B.

I just would rather see a more implementable gimmick pokemon, for exaple maybe Scrafty with his Moxie ability?

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
As far as Pokemon go, I've always felt that Scyther would make a good Smash character. He'd be quick and he basically has giant swords for hands. I could see him playing like a combination of Sheik and Marth. I doubt they'll add him though. They're probably going to want a Pokemon to represent the Black & White games, and also one that has a significant role in the cartoon/movies.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
less than a week after SSB4 is announced , we're discussing badassery , we have a LONG way to go guys , don't make it that funny THAT early
Unfortunetly, that seems to be the case.

Fortunetly, alot Hype speculation is fun and exciting.

:phone:

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Moxie in Smash would be ridiculously dumb.

Besides no other Gen V Pokemon but Zoroark really has a ghost of a chance of getting in.

In other news, I'd love Miis that were customizable, letting you rip moves from other characters, and their Jump height/falling speed/weight/running speed being decided from the height and fatness of the Mii.

Probly be top tier cause you can customize for all the best moves and stats in the game and just **** city.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
As far as Pokemon go, I've always felt that Scyther would make a good Smash character. He'd be quick and he basically has giant swords for hands. I could see him playing like a combination of Sheik and Marth. I doubt they'll add him though. They're probably going to want a Pokemon to represent the Black & White games, and also one that has a significant role in the cartoon/movies.
As for random characters that would make good characters but have no chance go, A Hammer bro. would also make a good character. While some of the moves might take a little imagination (Unless they add moves from his cousins such as fire bro or boomerang bro), the basics are pretty easy to implement.

L-a-t-e-r-a-l-u-s

Smash Ace
I have to agree about Scyther. I've kinda wanted him in since the first game :\. Another thing I'd like, it kinds relates to DLC. Patches, balances, perhaps even an "event" system if you're connected to Wii Connect 24 (For example, seasons on certain levels, gifted content from nintendo [partially goes in hand with customization thing.])

JOE!

Smash Hero
how would moxie be dumb Ulti? Esp. if the base damage of the character isnt stellar and becomes only "great" after like 2 kills?

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
It'd either be top tier or bottom tier.

Their damage becomes ridiculous enough after a kill where it's too difficult to recover a stock lead, or their damage is so pathetic that they can't get the kills at a low enough % in order to actually abuse Moxie before dying again.

It's just a bad idea.

D

Deleted member

PG-13 said:
Its gonna be Zoroark, no Mewtwo, unless Lucario, Mewtwo, and Zoroark all appear in the same game, which is unlikely.
And instead of Medusa maybe they will include that buff looking guy with a huge sword that was in the Kid Icarus 3DS trailer as a protable exclusive.
- You're forgetting that each game has brought at least one new 1st gen Pokemon, which Arcadenik brought up yesterday. Mewtwo is still relevant to the Pokemon universe, so he has a chance and so does Meowth for the same reason. I would not be surprise if either Lucario stays, Meowth becomes playable, or Mewtwo makes a return. And with a lot of potential Pokemon characters, five rep isn't too out of realm. Also I've already stated Zoroark is going to be in the game.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Oh, how I wish they would make a Smash/Pokemon spin-off game with nothing but Pokemon as playable characters and stages/items from Pokemon games.

L-a-t-e-r-a-l-u-s

Smash Ace
- You're forgetting that each game has brought at least one new 1st gen Pokemon, which Arcadenik brought up yesterday. Mewtwo is still relevant to the Pokemon universe, so he has a chance and so does Meowth for the same reason. I would not be surprise if either Lucario stays, Meowth becomes playable, or Mewtwo makes a return. And with a lot of potential Pokemon characters, five rep isn't too out of realm. Also I've already stated Zoroark is going to be in the game.
Keyword: One NEW 1st Gen pokemon. Mewtwo is unlikely, his realm is Melee.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
If anything?

Pikachu/Jiggs/Mewtwo/Lucario/Zoroark for Smash 4. Meowth is a possible plus to that roster.

IS EVERYONE HAPPY NOW?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom