• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
It has been awhile since my last update, but I'm here to bust out another one of those fresh stage concepts! Will admit, the latest influx of art requests kind of took away my time in otherwise finishing these sooner. After mulling over several ideas I decided to go with this one first and will proceed to work on the other two afterwards. Let's begin the race, shall we?

Hailing from the F-Zero universe is Red Canyon, an iconic track usually associated in conjunction with Samurai Goroh. This would obviously be the potential home stage of a playable Samurai Goroh, so not much else needs to be said there.

Don't let this track fool you, it isn't like any of the other stages before it. This time, you will be fighting on F-Zero cars as they race (first person perspective)! So now your character can feel the exhilaration of fighting at 1050mph. Blazing treacherous, winding roads where even the slightest turn could send you careening off a cliff!

The background would be a conglomeration between it's original design and F-Zero GX; expanded. Red cliffs, dusk orange sky, waterfalls, large rock arches and plateaus. You'll see a lot in this stage travelling through caves and hopping from street to dirt path. It's another wild trip courtesy of F-Zero! A stage not for the faint of heart.

Your main platform will be the central F-Zero racer, which will change between various cars throughout the series. Since many have different designs the platform itself can change considerably depending upon which car is available at that moment. Some have "fins", curved wings, rounded hulls, splits, or are just plain flat. You never know what to expect, so the arena is always fluid, keeping you on your toes.

Other cars will speed up or drop back alongside the main car, acting extra platforms thus enlarging the area of the battlefield. But if you see a car speeding up make sure you switch out before it drops you!

Sometimes other racers will "accidentally" bump into one another, causing the car (and thus platform) to shift and sway. So always be mindful of your surroundings. Thus is the nature of high stakes racing.

At certain points in the stages cycle the racers will jump off ramps which will reduce the gravity. Allowing characters to jump higher/fall slower similarly to Pirate Ship/Tornado and Pokémon Stadium 2 "Flying" mode.

Stage Example*:

X___XXX__X__

*single X represents potential spawning points for extra vehicles

Stage Name: Red Canyon
Stage Icon: Falcon

F-Zero GX - Red Canyon
F-Zero GX - Fire Field (GX arrangement)
F-Zero GX - Night of Big Blue
F-Zero GX - Cosmo Terminal
F-Zero GX - Dr. Stewart
F-Zero GX - Black Shadow
F-Zero GX - Spade
F-Zero GX - Billy
F-Zero X - Sector B
Xenoblade - Mechanical Rhythm
Sonic Adventure 2 - Pyramid Cave (assuming Sonic returns)
Mega Man Battle & Chase - Through the Air (Quick Man) (assuming Megaman is included, seriously, listen to this)

So that's that. Bet none of you were expecting an F-Zero track? Well don't worry, my next stage will be something a little more... "Expected"... Once again I hope everyone enjoyed this and until the next update! ^_^

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Victini will likely be the 5th gen Pokemon rep. He's more popular and relevant right now than say, Zoroark, since his own movie has recently been released. The main reason Lucario got in over characters like Deoxys was because he was more relevant at the time of Brawl's development. SSB4's will start soon after Kid Icarus: Uprising is finished which should be at the end of this year. So, yeah, I think Victini's getting in over Zoroark.

:phone:

---

がんばってね!
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Awesome work Star, I was wondering what could be done for a F-Zero stage as there have been no new games in the series since GX.

This sounds like it would work great for SSB4, although it would probably be banned in tournaments lol.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
How so? Sakurai clearly showed such interest to integrating voice chat and such, read this article pertaining to Brawl:

http://m.ign.com/articles/853748

According to that, Iwata could make an exception if Sakurai wants it so, he clearly showed interest.

At least that makes some sense. Still, the downside of DLC contents is that a lot of them aren't free.

Victini will likely be the 5th gen Pokemon rep. He's more popular and relevant right now than say, Zoroark, since his own movie has recently been released. The main reason Lucario got in over characters like Deoxys was because he was more relevant at the time of Brawl's development. SSB4's will start soon after Kid Icarus: Uprising is finished which should be at the end of this year. So, yeah, I think Victini's getting in over Zoroark.

SSBF said a similar story. However, the main issue with Victini is that it's generation 5's version of Mew, Jirachi, Celebi, and Manaphy; all of them were Poke Ball Pokemon in Brawl.

JavaCroc

Smash Ace
I really liked your idea there Java. It could be very rewarding to delve off avenues from the main story for unlockables.

I think the next story should have an overworld much like Super Mario World, then you can further develop that sort of stuff. :)
If we got the people behind all the other good platformers out there behind Adventure Mode - people behind New Super Mario Bros., Cave Story, or Retro Studios thanks to their Donkey Kong work -, Adventure Mode would probably no longer be a lesser Kirby rip-off as it was in Brawl.

I think cameo appearances, unlockables, and even secret areas would greatly enrich Adventure Mode. Cameo appearances allow a greater variety of characters to appear.

For a simple secret area, any stages Link or Toon Link passes through as part of their story can have certain areas on the ground floor colored differently from the surrounding ground and slightly glowing with a sparkle. If Link or Toon Link use their Dair onto that part of the ground, they enter one of the Secret Grottoes in the Zelda series.

These Grottoes are intentionally small. They may contain a basic enemy encounter; after defeating those enemies, a treasure chest pops up in the opposite end of the grotto. Open it and you gain a unique trophy or sticker.

(Cue Zelda discovery music) "You've found a Ghirahim trophy!"

Exiting the grotto is achieved much like in Twilight Princess; step in the light of the hole in the ground you just entered from, and you're teleported back above the surface.

And I went off tangent again. But secret areas and unlockables especially would make Adventure Mode more replayable - one of SSE's lacking attributes.

On another note, some stages in previous games can become Adventure Mode levels given their potential. An Adventure mode take on Rainbow Cruise or Poke Floats, anyone?

It has been awhile since my last update, but I'm here to bust out another one of those fresh stage concepts! Will admit, the latest influx of art requests kind of took away my time in otherwise finishing these sooner. After mulling over several ideas I decided to go with this one first and will proceed to work on the other two afterwards. Let's begin the race, shall we?

**Red Canyon**
Awesome stage, StarPhoenix, with a more unique take on handling an F-Zero stage. You forgot these pieces of music, though, no matter if Goroh or Black Shadow are in the game or not.

Samurai Goroh Pilot Theme

EDIT: You included Black Shadow. Never mind.

---

がんばってね!
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
These Grottoes are intentionally small. They may contain a basic enemy encounter; after defeating those enemies, a treasure chest pops up in the opposite end of the grotto. Open it and you gain a unique trophy or sticker.

(Cue Zelda discovery music) "You've found a Ghirahim trophy!"
Yes, they should do this. :awesome:

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
SSBF said a similar story. However, the main issue with Victini is that it's generation 5's version of Mew, Jirachi, Celebi, and Manaphy; all of them were Poke Ball Pokemon in Brawl.
True, but I still don't think that alone is enough to stop Victini from getting into Smash 4.

EDIT: I sort of messed up the above quote. Oops lol

Kantrip

Kantplay
Why not? All Sakurai needs is one reason in his head that a character shouldn't be playable and, chances are, they won't be.

If he thinks Victini is the next Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, Manaphy pokemon then Victini is the new Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, Manaphy pokemon and he will be a pokeballmon.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Awesome stage, StarPhoenix, with a more unique take on handling an F-Zero stage. You forgot these pieces of music, though, no matter if Goroh or Black Shadow are in the game or not.

Samurai Goroh Pilot Theme

Black Shadow Pilot Theme
Nevermind, you caught it. I only did not include Samurai Goroh's theme, which I had cut for personal criteria.

Thanks everyone for the, so far, positive reception. You'll all love the next one. ;)

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Why not? All Sakurai needs is one reason in his head that a character shouldn't be playable and, chances are, they won't be.

If he thinks Victini is the next Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, Manaphy pokemon then Victini is the new Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, Manaphy pokemon and he will be a pokeballmon.
Sakurai is pretty unpredictable, though. If you weren't paying attention to SSB64's intro, would you have thought Jigglypuff would be a playable character? Or Pokemon Trainer in Brawl? It's really all up to Sakurai regarding Victini and Zoroark being included in the next Smash Bros., as both the Victini side and Zoroark side have credible arguments for their sides and against their opposing sides.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Seems as though more people expect either Victini or Zoroark than actually want them.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
For those of you still mad about me discussing new mechanics for smash,

I'll have you know that I love the game just the way it IS!

I hope you enjoy every second of it
That is some sick stuff man. I'd love to try my hand at actually facing a good Samus.

---

がんばってね!
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Seems as though more people expect either Victini or Zoroark than actually want them.
I asked that the other day, and that is a true statement that applys to most everyone, except for SSBF of course. ;)

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
We already ate that interview up like cake. I figure we'll get a few of the remaining major Nintendo characters, and then a lot of smaller franchise characters. Hopefully Sakurai throws his fans a bone and gives us one or two of the less important fan favorites like Bowser Jr, Lyn, and Krystal.

I figure the newcomers will look like this: 1/4th High Profile characters (Ridley, K Rool) 1/2 Popular Small franchises (Tom Nook, Little Mac) and 1/4th WTF/less important/Retro/3rd Party characters (Not Megs, and characters as random as G&W, IC, and Sheik)

I asked that the other day, and that is a true statement that applys to most everyone, except for SSBF of course.
I like Victini, and even Genesect. This being said, I fully expect Zoroark to make it in. Although I recall during Pre-Brawl days, I was one of the few people I knew who liked/supported Lucario. So, we might get someone most people weren't expecting. (Like a third generation, or Genesect)

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I'm starting to hope that they do a international poll as Sakurai's giving the impression that he has absolutely no clue who to add next. As I said on Gonintendo, I hope they don't pass up a lot of great characters simply because they're not as popular as Mario or Link.

---

がんばってね!
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I figure the newcomers will look like this: 1/4th High Profile characters (Ridley, K Rool) 1/2 Popular Small franchises (Tom Nook, Little Mac) and 1/4th WTF/less important/Retro/3rd Party characters (Not Megs, and characters as random as G&W, IC, and Sheik)
That sounds about right since we're most likely only going to get about 12 newcomers. Most fan rosters I've seen also follow closely to that.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I'm starting to hope that they do a international poll as Sakurai's giving the impression that he has absolutely no clue who to add next. As I said on Gonintendo, I hope they don't pass up a lot of great characters simply because they're not as popular as Mario or Link.
I'm hoping for this too. I also hope that he takes the results to heart and actually thinks about adding some of the suggested characters. I would love to see Kanan of The Last Story in Smash Bros, but she definitely doesn't have the star power of Mario and Pikachu.

I think there's much less logic behind character choice than we think.
Krystal is arguably more important than Wolf. She is a love interest, and basically one of the main characters of Adventure. That being said, Sakurai is a major fan of SF64, and actually didnt know who Krystal is. The reasons for Wolf being added were pretty much: Sakurai prefers him.

JavaCroc

Smash Ace
I'm hoping for this too. I also hope that he takes the results to heart and actually thinks about adding some of the suggested characters. I would love to see Kanan of The Last Story in Smash Bros, but she definitely doesn't have the star power of Mario and Pikachu.
I'm curious, what moveset potential does Kanan have? I tried looking up a Youtube video, but I didn't find anything.

Agreed. A worldwide poll should be done.

I really hope Sakurai doesn't do another Japan-only poll - he's singling one minority of the Smash Brothers audience for opinions instead of listening to the entire world of Smash Brothers fans.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
I really hope SSB4 has an awesome intro like the one Melee had. Brawl's intro sucked hard, and a lot of the stuff in the intro was from the Subspace Emissary cutscenes. Speaking of Subspace Emissary, that mode had potential, but it ended up being terrible, as well. One way it could be improved is 4-player co-op possibly, and also get rid of the bland variety of enemies (Primids, R.O.B's, etc.), use stage-specific enemies like in Melee's Adventure Mode (Goombas in Mario stages, ReDeads in Zelda stages, Piranhas in Sonic stages, etc), and make it more simplistic. I liked the CG cutscenes in Brawl, they can keep those if they want. Add some humor in the cutscenes, as well.

Also, GET RID OF MASTERPIECES!!! Sakurai, we all know Nintendo's online sucked for Wii, and you wanted to make up for that, but that sort of stuff should just be up to Nintendo, not the will of a single developer. Such of a waste of space. That, the Coin Launcher, Chronicle, and random tripping are stuff that need to axed from Brawl.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I'm curious, what moveset potential does Kanan have? I tried looking up a Youtube video, but I didn't find anything.
I'll get back to you when it's released in America. I admit to not knowing much about her, but her character design is basically beautiful. Look at her. From her hair to her shoes, I'm in love with how she looks.

[COLLAPSE="Kanan"]
[/COLLAPSE]

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Well, if the rumors from Operation: Rainfall have any validity to them, Xenoblade and Last Story should be hitting American shores by the Spring of 2012. I personally think the rumors were started so that they could save face as it seems a lot of gamers are starting to resent them due to some of the more obnoxious members of the movement.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Well, if the rumors from Operation: Rainfall have any validity to them, Xenoblade and Last Story should be hitting American shores by the Spring of 2012. I personally think the rumors were started so that they could save face as it seems a lot of gamers are starting to resent them due to some of the more obnoxious members of the movement.
I've heard that the rumor was leaked by a Nintendo employee. It's been said by KWINGKNIGHT of youtube (Who has connections with Nintendo) to trust him that the rumors are true. As far as I know, he's not given me any reasons not to believe him.

She'd be the first Smash character to have cleavage.
ZSS and her "second skin" fetish must not count then. She's pretty much naked.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
ZSS and her "second skin" fetish must not count then. She's pretty much naked.
It's not good enough. Samus' zero suit is about as close as you can get to naked without going to an M rating.

At least she has dat ***.:awesome:

JavaCroc

Smash Ace
I really hope SSB4 has an awesome intro like the one Melee had. Brawl's intro sucked hard, and a lot of the stuff in the intro was from the Subspace Emissary cutscenes. Speaking of Subspace Emissary, that mode had potential, but it ended up being terrible, as well. One way it could be improved is 4-player co-op possibly, and also get rid of the bland variety of enemies (Primids, R.O.B's, etc.), use stage-specific enemies like in Melee's Adventure Mode (Goombas in Mario stages, ReDeads in Zelda stages, Piranhas in Sonic stages, etc), and make it more simplistic. I liked the CG cutscenes in Brawl, they can keep those if they want. Add some humor in the cutscenes, as well.
Check out my opening cinematic script for SSB4 in my signature. I recommend the edited version because it's easier to read. :)

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I agree with Fatman that we should have a worldwide poll to vote on.

Got a quick question, what are ditto's in terms of Brawl gameplay?

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I agree with Fatman that we should have a worldwide poll to vote on.

Got a quick question, what are ditto's in terms of Brawl gameplay?
A ditto is when everyone in a match plays as the same character.

In regards to ZSS's TnA and the prospect of cleavage in future smash games, Nintendo still has a long way to go before it reaches the levels that DoA and Soul Calibur reached over a decade ago so I hardly see it as an issue at all.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Sakurai is pretty unpredictable, though. If you weren't paying attention to SSB64's intro, would you have thought Jigglypuff would be a playable character? Or Pokemon Trainer in Brawl? It's really all up to Sakurai regarding Victini and Zoroark being included in the next Smash Bros., as both the Victini side and Zoroark side have credible arguments for their sides and against their opposing sides.

Regardless, my expectations for Victini are low. During the Brawl hype, I supported Deoxys, but it ended up as a Poke Ball Pokemon. Zoroark was one of the very first generation 5s revealed to us, which is why I've been supporting it as the next Pokemon fighter.

She'd be the first Smash character to have cleavage.
Even with cleavage, Smash Bros. would still be rated T, since the breasts would still be covered. You'd have to upgrade to nudity to get an M rating, and that's not something that we want in Smash Bros..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom