• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
You see, BK is a big name all by itself. How could My Unit even compete with it? It doesn't even have a signature food item.

BK for Sm4sh.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Nah, man. Don't you remember? BK was all about supporting Pokemon back in the day. Even held card game nights and junk.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
So let's be real for a second.

I'll be completely honest here, if your friends can pick up Brawl in say 5 mins and start to give you trouble, you are bad at the game. Simple as that.

Melee is the same thing, only difference is, if your friend just learn some ATs and started to give you trouble, you are bad.

I'll explain this again. Melee is more based on tech skill and correct DI to avoid potential combos. Punishing tech rolls and edgeguarding are a huge plus. Knowing ATs and know WHEN to use them is something that can't be missed either.

Brawl is more based on making reads and precision. In brawl you just can't go balls to the wall and expect the same **** the happen like in melee. You have to think more about every option and how to cover it.

So if you play any of the two games the same, you are bad. If you think the games learning curves are the same, you are bad. If you think they are even comparable besides the fundamentals, you are bad.

Let me give you the learning curves.

Melee: Scrub>Scrub with some basic AT knowledge>no longer scrub starting to use ATs wisely>mid level player who speeds up his game and has a better concept of how to apply said ATs in situations>Mid-high/High level player with some MU knowledge>High level player with all ATs knowledge and MU knowledge but still has maybe 3 or 2 glaring weakness>Top level player that can do anything that on reaction

Brawl: Scrub>Scrub that know basics ATs>Scrub drops said ATs because 89% of them aren't helpful>Scrub understand basic concept of his main>Mid-level player with some MU knowledge>Mid-level player with some MU knowledge and some understanding and reading options>High-level player with some MU knowledge and is now able to force players into bad positions and limit options>High level player with a lot of MU knowledge and is able to force players into bad positions and limit options>Top level player with MU knowledge just missing some obscure MUs and can consistently put opponents into bad positions and limit options, only needs minimal AT knowledge

If you still think they are comparable, you are bad.

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
all his moves are borrowed from all the classes that he turn into....or like Pokemon trainer.....B-down = Class change....3 classes can be represented a Warrior (Axe) or Berserker , Hero (Sword)or a Sword Master and General (Lance). it represent core mechanics of Fire Emblem.

Final Smash = A raid of units

My unit idea...

D

Deleted member

Uhhh, this could mean potentially bad things for Mega Man's inclusion for SSB: Mega Man Legends 3 is cancelled.

I just hope that Capcom at least has the curiosity to put Mega Man in Smash and keep their promise to do so, because I am worried about what this could mean for him. Not to mention that the fact that game got cancelled is bad enough already.

Barbasol

Smash Ace
I really want to see Master Hand and Crazy Hand as the main villains in the storyline. I was actually pretty disappointed with the entire Subspace Army, Tabuu included. Cool music, bad 'twist' ending.

You could really have some good villain army if they utilized what's possible here...

Master Hand
Crazy Hand
Ganondorf- Commander of the Army
Bowser- Boss of a Koopa Squad
King Dedede-
Meta Knight- Meta Knight joins only to spy on the villains. Joins after he's defeated.
Wario- Enforcer Thug
Wolf- Mercenary
Black Knight- Right hand to Ganondorf, honorable character.
Mewtwo- Enslaved by Master Hand to do evil.

Dunno, something like that would work. Just weave more in, flesh it out.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Uhhh, this could mean potentially bad things for Mega Man's inclusion for SSB: Mega Man Legends 3 is cancelled.

I just hope that Capcom at least has the curiosity to put Mega Man in Smash and keep their promise to do so, because I am worried about what this could mean for him. Not to mention that the fact that game got cancelled is bad enough already.
Oh NO!!!!!!!!!!

What if the rumors are true? What if Capcom really does not want Megaman??

:phone:

OmegaXXII

The whole Brawl vs. Melee thing needs to come to an end.

Sakurai said the game won't be like either anyways LOL
Agreed 100%

People need to stop bashing at Brawl and Melee and stop comparing them to the god damn Street Fighter series because it's not the same as far as mechanics and technical skill go.

Anybody who doesn't understand this should really take Iblis's advice.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
^^ Well dang!!!!

I agree with Oasis entirely, BK would at least be in Smash, any ideas what his moveset would be? :awesome:
He was at least a trophy in Brawl. :o

Also, about villain roles in story mode, Ridley could be like some personal... assistant? to Ganondorf. Like if Ganondorf needs someone killed, Ridley is the one he asks. All villains have some big monster like that. >:V

OmegaXXII

He was at least a trophy in Brawl. :o

Also, about villain roles in story mode, Ridley could be like some personal... assistant? to Ganondorf. Like if Ganondorf needs someone killed, Ridley is the one he asks. All villains have some big monster like that. >:V
But shouldn't Ridley have a bigger role than that, Ganon would have one of his minions instead?

Strange that the face of Ridley around here would suggest a role for Ridley, he needs to be his own boss!! It's better that way lol..

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
I really want to see Master Hand and Crazy Hand as the main villains in the storyline. I was actually pretty disappointed with the entire Subspace Army, Tabuu included. Cool music, bad 'twist' ending.

You could really have some good villain army if they utilized what's possible here...

Master Hand
Crazy Hand
King Dedede-
Meta Knight- Meta Knight joins only to spy on the villains. Joins after he's defeated.
Wario- Enforcer Thug
Wolf- Mercenary

Don't forget the costume change character like Dark Link, Blood Hawk, Dark Samus, etc.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I hate to sound condescending but it felt like it was the only way to get my point across.
I may not know all the lingo, and I'm not a torney player, but the way Melee flows feels more streamline to me, and I feel like it takes more skill to get those combo's in just right than it does to play the sort of hit for hit gameplay that I feel Brawl has. When I play Melee, it takes me a good week to reeeeeally get back into the game, but when I play Brawl it takes me a few hours to get back into my groove. Do you get what I'm saying? I just hope we get a game similar to Melee in the sense that there is this combo system and you are rewarded for practicing juggling.

hichez50

Smash Lord
NNID
Player-00
3DS FC
2122-6108-1245
Why do people have a problem when you compare two similar fighting games to each other? I also don't see a problem with comparing apples to oranges. I do have a problem when people try to say that apple or oranges are better than the other. But no one was trying to say that melee was better than brawl or vice versa just making simple comparisons there is nothing inherently wrong with that.

I wonder if nintendo will even support the idea of costume packs. I know many people will pay for them easy money if you ask me.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
But shouldn't Ridley have a bigger role than that, Ganon would have one of his minions instead?

Strange that the face of Ridley around here would suggest a role for Ridley, he needs to be his own boss!! It's better that way lol..

EH. It's just Bowser was like the military leader in SSE, and Ganondorf had control over him (it seemed). Ridley as the leader of military leader of the Space Pirates would be a bit redundant. ALTHOUGH IF THAT DIDN'T MATTER THAN THAT WOULD BE COOL TOO~ If he had that role I suggested, the point I would like to get across is that Ridley doesn't care so much for power, he just wants to kill? I GUESS? Something like that would never come across in Smash though, lol...

Oh, and it's not like he wouldn't be a boss. Assuming they gave him a Meta-Ridley alternate costume, you could face him again? I guess Ganondorf would LEARN OF YOUR ACTIONS and get Ridley to go take you out or something? :I

I DUNNO. I JUST WANT RIDLEY~

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Advanced Techniques should become muscle memory. I can still Drill>Waveshine.

Yes, I do understand what you are saying but that in no way makes one games learning curve worse than the other, it just means you like one's learning curve better. You are bias to it.

Once you hit that plateau in Melee where it seems like you aren't getting any better, you aren't going to like it, just like Brawl.

JavaCroc

Smash Ace
Smash's end boss and supreme ruler shouldn't be something from another franchise. It just ruins it for me. Master Hand, Crazy Hand, Tabuu, and then something epic that brings it all together.

Master and Crazy Hand were being controlled by Tabuu. Tabuu was like the master wireframe/alloy and heart of the power of the subspace. It follows that the next thing in line should be the "brain". Whatever was behind Tabuu's actions should be the next boss. Even if it is very similar to Giygas, it shouldn't actually be Giygas.
As much as I think Giygas would be a ******* awesome boss, you're right; the end boss shouldn't be from another franchise.

Especially not Mother, given that it already is a little over-represented with two characters. Giving it two characters and a final boss in just insane overkill.

I didn't like Tabuu or any of the Subspace enemies, but I do think Master Hand and Crazy Hand should be involved in a greater part of SSB4's storyline.

Perhaps Master Hand was the creator of the universe and ruled a little strictly and harsh at times, but at least believed in the common good. Then Crazy Hand steps in, gets rid of Master Hand, and being the crazy being he is, reeks havoc on all the worlds Master Hand designed. It would basically be apocalypse-type events happening in each world due to Crazy Hand.

OMG!! I love this alot!! Keep it coming. :cool:

If this were in an SSE/Adventure mode style of play I would whole heartingly agree with you, full of suspense, awesome cutscenes, yea...Giygas would pretty much take Mater Hand's place as the supreme ruler of Smash. :awesome:

I think I'm going to compile my Giygas ideas, expand on them, and create a comprehensive boss "moveset".

Ouch. :(

Considering Megaman's popularity, though, I don't think the cancellation of one game will stop Megaman.

Master Hand
Crazy Hand
King Dedede-
Wario- Enforcer Thug
Wolf- Mercenary

As I said, Master Hand and Crazy Hand should be more involved in SSB4's story. But I do like giving all the franchise villains roles in the story for the "bad side".

Kantrip

Kantplay
Comparing melee and brawl is fine. Nothing wrong with a good compare and contrast. Melee takes more techskill, brawl takes more reading and predicting. Melee is really fast-paced, while brawl is complex in its strategy. The point is, while neither game may be harder than the other to do well at, Melee is harder to play and brawl is harder to think about.
Honestly though, let's stay on topic in talking about the next game which will be nothing like either of the last two.

K. Rool can work together with Bowser sending in his Kremlings along with the Koopas.

I DUNNO. I JUST WANT K. ROOL~ :troll:

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Don't you think you hit Brawl's limit quicker than Melee's?

I want a game that's gameplay is deep enough to keep me wanting to play. The modes only amuse you for so long. It's the gameplay that makes me stick around. I wouldn't mind deeper gameplay than Melee TBH.

Honestly though, let's stay on topic in talking about the next game which will be nothing like either of the last two.
But this is so untrue, if one game is harder to "play" while the other rerequires a lot of "thinking" what else is there for a game to be like? The new game is going to be similar to one of these in that sense.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Don't you think you hit Brawl's limit quicker than Melee's?
No actually it was the other way around for me. It depends on the type of player.

Comparing melee and brawl is fine. Nothing wrong with a good compare and contrast. Melee takes more techskill, brawl takes more reading and predicting. Melee is really fast-paced, while brawl is complex in its strategy. The point is, while neither game may be harder than the other to do well at, Melee is harder to play and brawl is harder to think about.
This is my whole point.

@P-1: I THINK WATERMELON GRAPEFRUIT IS BETTER.

hichez50

Smash Lord
NNID
Player-00
3DS FC
2122-6108-1245
Advanced Techniques should become muscle memory. I can still Drill>Waveshine.

Yes, I do understand what you are saying but that in no way makes one games learning curve worse than the other, it just means you like one's learning curve better. You are bias to it.

Once you hit that plateau in Melee where it seems like you aren't getting any better, you aren't going to like it, just like Brawl.
Lets talk deeper into the foundation of smash games then characters and stages. I would like to believe that every that requires "skill" has the law of diminishing returns lurking near by. Do people really like melee because the slope was a bit steeper to begin with or was it really fun? At the core what makes competitive smash fun?

OmegaXXII

EH. It's just Bowser was like the military leader in SSE, and Ganondorf had control over him (it seemed). Ridley as the leader of military leader of the Space Pirates would be a bit redundant. ALTHOUGH IF THAT DIDN'T MATTER THAN THAT WOULD BE COOL TOO~ If he had that role I suggested, the point I would like to get across is that Ridley doesn't care so much for power, he just wants to kill? I GUESS? Something like that would never come across in Smash though, lol...

Oh, and it's not like he wouldn't be a boss. Assuming they gave him a Meta-Ridley alternate costume, you could face him again? I guess Ganondorf would LEARN OF YOUR ACTIONS and get Ridley to go take you out or something? :I

I DUNNO. I JUST WANT RIDLEY~
Well I guess when you consider Ridley as a hungry killing monster who could care less about power and control then I guess it makes sense, he would be like Ganon's pet in a weird sense, for the lulz it would be cool if he turned into Omega Ridley and at the end of the SSE adventure, just backstab Ganondorf, now that would be a twist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom