• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

@JavaCroc: I wouldn't mind the next game being a little more lighthearated. SSB64 didn't take itself too seriously which really appealed me to the game and made it that much more fun.

And yes, shattering trophies at Game Over screens would be kind of frightening, but awesome. It impress me how to this day that I am still scare of Melee's and Brawl's Game Over screen. Maybe it's the haunting voice and music. To this day, Brawl's Game Over screen gives me the chill.

JavaCroc

Smash Ace
@JavaCroc: I wouldn't mind the next game being a little more lighthearated. SSB64 didn't take itself too seriously which really appealed me to the game and made it that much more fun.

And yes, shattering trophies at Game Over screens would be kind of frightening, but awesome. It impress me how to this day that I am still scare of Melee's and Brawl's Game Over screen. Maybe it's the haunting voice and music.
Melee's Game Over screen really was a little haunting, especially with that deep "Game Over" voice from the announcer. Brawl's normal screen took away the trophy of your character (at least outside of Adventure Mode), but the music kept it a little scary still.

The music was a little happier in Brawl's Game Over than Melee's, though. Melee Game Over Screen

But if your trophy shattered at Game Over... I'm not sure the kids would be too happy to die, then. But it would really add to the "haunting" appeal of such screens.

But agreed. Brawl and Melee sometimes took themselves a little seriously. Sakurai can add a little humor to Adventure Mode as well as other parts of the game next time. Maybe Victini attempts to attack some other character in a SSE-type Adventure Mode, but lights his ally Luigi's pants on fire instead by accident. That sort of occasional humor help keeps the game for getting too serious over itself.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
This next game needs a single thing from me, better gameplay. I want something LIKE Melee had. You could consecutively hit your oppponent. The fact that Brawl wasn't fast paced in that sense really demoted it to a game that I play "when friends are over". A game that's weaksauce. I only play Melee with a few people I know because the rest can't get into it's groove and playstyle in the short time they're at my house. Which is how it should be. The game needs SOME learning curve, and some sort of combo system. I trust sakurai to make decent character decisions. I HOPE Sakurai can make good gameplay decisions. If it's as party-rific as Brawl, or heaven forbid, even more so, then I probably will stop playing the series as adivdly as I do now and just stick to SSB64/Melee.

Barbasol

Smash Ace
That's very true, when it came to actual gameplay, Smash Bros Melee was streets ahead. It was fast paced, exciting, actually had some surprises with characters...

Brawl was just so... streets behind. It sacrificed fun action gameplay for more features and this bland washed out design.

Ah well, we all know that though.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
The Main Menu screen in SBB64 was scary IMO, but I agree with JavaCroc, a suspenseful story mode such as Giga Bowser derriving from the unknown would be awesome.

Giga Bowser's theme was the vest track in Melee.

Maybe another boss character like him could take his place?

:phone:

D

Deleted member

@JavaCroc: I will admit, Victini lighting up Luigi's pants would be hilarious to see.

@Shortiecanbrawl: The speed wasn't terrible to me, but some like Ganondorf really did need to be slightly faster. Too sluggish for my taste. I'm hoping for something between Melee and Brawl at least.

JavaCroc

Smash Ace
The Main Menu screen in SBB64 was scary IMO, but I agree with JavaCroc, a suspenseful story mode such as Giga Bowser derriving from the unknown would be awesome.

Giga Bowser's theme was the vest track in Melee.

Maybe another boss character like him could take his place?

Giygas

He'd also have the ******* creepiest boss music to fit (don't listen if you don't think you can stomach it or if you need the sleep).

Considering he has no form, I don't know how you'd fight him, though.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
@Shortiecanbrawl: The speed wasn't terrible to me, but some like Ganondorf really did need to be slightly faster. Too sluggish for my taste. I'm hoping for something between Melee and Brawl at least.

IMO Brawl's gameplay was inferrior to Melee's. I'm talking about the Battles, not the modes or anything, just multiplayer. I just don't like the way you play Brawl and the pace you play it at. Melee suites me a lot better. And I know a lot of people agree with me. Oh well, chances are it won't play like either games. Which is really a double-edge sword. It's more than just "this character was sloooowww" because being slow isn't the problem. Ganondorf being slow is just part of his character. I have a a different complaint when it comes to Captain Ganon.

@Giygas.

I recently saw someone working on a Giygas expansion character for SSBF2. He could transform into Ness, himself. So I'm guessing he could take shapes of anyone he's battleing. OR, he has Ness as a set physical appearence, but his attacks are all his own.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Nice! Yeah, this rain has been pretty ****ty, I must agree. Do you hate brawl or would you give it a try? You should come to our monthly tournaments in PoCo. We just had one 2 days ago.

Anyways, on topic: I believe there was actually a hitstun error in brawl. L-cancelling wasn't removed, it was just replaced by auto-cancel aerials. Pretty much, they made it so that you don't have to press a button to cancel landing lag, but just know the correct timing. Brawl was also more spacing oriented, and would have been great with an improved hitstun.

OmegaXXII

So...what about Medusa, we have seen to have forgotten about her as well as Palutena.

I would love to see Medusa as an SSE Boss, maybe even Magnus could make a cameo, also I'd like to see bosses such as Dr.Robotnik and Dr. Wily in SSE, they would be the perfect combination of genius taking down any character that plans to foil there plans, of course this is saying if Megaman and Sonic make it in, which I can say is very likely.

Also astafe regarding Sonic Generations like City Escape need to be in, it would be the perfect stage regarding modern Sonic.

Barbasol

Smash Ace
Nice! Yeah, this rain has been pretty ****ty, I must agree. Do you hate brawl or would you give it a try? You should come to our monthly tournaments in PoCo. We just had one 2 days ago.
Oh yeah, I still really like Brawl, Melee just has me wrapped around its Nostalgic finger. XD
I'm not tournament good though lol, far from it. I'll keep it in mind tho ;)

What's PoCo?

hichez50

Smash Lord
NNID
Player-00
3DS FC
2122-6108-1245
Melee got to the point where it hard for newcomers to come in and play with top players with out get JV5 stocked every game. I kinda have to agree with sakurai that the game just got to hard. When you look at aggressive games like MVC3 and melee it becomes more and more technical. I love the mental element in brawl where you have to think and mind game your opponets not just bait them into your first attack them take there stock.

JavaCroc

Smash Ace

Giygas

He'd also have the ******* creepiest boss music to fit (don't listen if you don't think you can stomach it or if you need the sleep).

I can expand on how you fight him now.

You can't fight him - he has no form. So when you're in "battle" with him, there's nothing you can do. All you can attempt is attacking at nothing while Giygas strikes back right at you. A sense of desperation develops in the player.

However, if you even try to fight, your character starts to glow with a gold hue. With each attack, you character glows an even more golden light. After a certain amount of attacks, your character changes into a cloud of smoke into his/her trophy form. In trophy form, he/she shatters into pieces. This will continue with each character if you continue to try fighting.

However, Giygas has a weakness - human emotion. If you absolutely refuse to fight, no matter what Giygas does to you, you inspire the rest of the SSB4 character cast. They stand together and pray or do something emotional. Giygas's sole weakness destroys him, and peace is restored.

Under this idea, Giygas would be an surprise final boss.

So...what about Medusa, we have seen to have forgotten about her as well as Palutena.

I would love to see Medusa as an SSE Boss, maybe even Magnus could make a cameo, also I'd like to see bosses such as Dr.Robotnik and Dr. Wily in SSE, they would be the perfect combination of genius taking down any character that plans to foil there plans, of course this is saying if Megaman and Sonic make it in, which I can say is very likely.

Also astafe regarding Sonic Generations like City Escape need to be in, it would be the perfect stage regarding modern Sonic.

There's a lot of potential for Adventure Mode bosses. Dr. Eggman and Medusa would make great ones, and there's a vast majority that we'd never even think of.

OmegaXXII

Giygas

WOW THAT IS CREEPY!!

Edit: Wow, that's an great concept, Giygas would literally be the "unstoppable boss" of Smash, if nothing but will power can stop him, then I'm all up for him.

This IDEA I approve of. :)

Genius indeed! What game is he from anyway? Would he have a good chance to appear as boss in SSE?

Kantrip

Kantplay
PoCo is Port Coquitlam.

Here's the link to our monthlies thread: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=290293

Also, Melee is really fast and really technical. There is a huge barrier for beginners. Brawl still gives wins to better characters and better players (unless one is metaknight) but has a smaller learning curve to adjust to from beginner to good player.

JavaCroc

Smash Ace
WOW THAT IS CREEPY!!

Anyway, Giygas would be an amazing character, he could take the form of literially anybody and increase it's power tenfold!!

Genius indeed! What game is he from anyway? Would he have a good chance to appear as boss in SSE?

He's from Earthbound. He's the final boss you fight with Ness and his team. "He is the embodiment of evil... He is the Evil Power". Since he's lost his mind due to his amazing power, he has no rational thinking ability when he attacks. "...an all-mighty idiot"" (Quotes from Earthbound, as said by Giygas's ally, Pokey Minch)

Also, I now know how you fight him.

You can't fight him - he has no form. So when you're in "battle" with him, there's nothing you can do. All you can attempt is attacking at nothing while Giygas strikes back right at you. A sense of desperation develops in the player.

However, if you even try to fight, your character starts to glow with a gold hue. With each attack, you character glows an even more golden light. After a certain amount of attacks, your character changes into a cloud of smoke into his/her trophy form. In trophy form, he/she shatters into pieces. This will continue with each character if you continue to try fighting.

However, Giygas has a weakness - human emotion. If you absolutely refuse to fight, no matter what Giygas does to you, you inspire the rest of the SSB4 character cast. They stand together and pray or do something emotional. Giygas's sole weakness destroys him, and peace is restored.

Under this idea, Giygas would be an surprise final boss.
As you said, his attacks can consist of taking the form of other characters. However, the characters will not look like themselves - they'll consist of red outlines with nothing inside. Meanwhile, Giygas's "form" distorts in the background as his music plays. And again, even killing the character he takes the form of does nothing to stop Giygas.

EDIT: I obviosuly linked to the picture and not the music before. Here is his music.

EDIT: Obviously, you already saw my post, Omega. :)

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Melee got to the point where it hard for newcomers to come in and play with top players with out get JV5 stocked every game. I kinda have to agree with sakurai that the game just got to hard. When you look at aggressive games like MVC3 and melee it becomes more and more technical. I love the mental element in brawl where you have to think and mind game your opponets not just bait them into your first attack them take there stock.
Try to become good at Street Fighter, and then tell me Melee is "Too Hard". It's not nearly as bad as almost every other serious fighting game.

OmegaXXII

He's from Earthbound. He's the final boss you fight with Ness and his team. "He is the embodiment of evil... He is the Evil Power". Since he's lost his mind due to his amazing power, he has no rational thinking ability when he attacks. "...an all-mighty idiot"" (Quotes from Earthbound, as said by Giygas's ally, Pokey Minch)

Also, I now know how you fight him.

As you said, his attacks can consist of taking the form of other characters. However, the characters will not look like themselves - they'll consist of red outlines with nothing inside. Meanwhile, Giygas's "form" distorts in the background as his music plays.

EDIT: I obviosuly linked to the picture and not the music before. Here is his music.

This has me wondering, why isn't he in Smash yet? As cool looking and godly as he is I'm shocked that he wasn't at least an AT in Brawl.

I can see it now, Giygas taking the form of Mario and looks dark along with a possessed look including mean looking red eyes and red outline aura while playing him in Melee's Final Destination!!?

EPIC I say!! I totally would support something like this in Smash, very well done. :)

hichez50

Smash Lord
NNID
Player-00
3DS FC
2122-6108-1245
Try to become good at Street Fighter, and then tell me Melee is "Too Hard". It's not nearly as bad as almost every other serious fighting game.
I would say that street fighter is played at a higher level then and smash game. All the top players play-to-win no excuse. Then again I must admit that it is my fault comparing smash to a standard fighting game as smash is very different.

JavaCroc

Smash Ace
To expand onto the idea of the cast praying to stop Giygas, it can show cutscenes of characters from all the Nintendo worlds suddenly feeling the need to pray for the one who care for (whoever the protagonist or even antagonist is in their world).

For example, all the Toads praying for Mario, Luigi, and Peach; all the Goombas and Koopas praying for Bowser; all the Space Pirates praying for Ridley (LOL :chuckle:), and stuff like that.

It would be done similar to how they showed characters in different parts of the world praying in Earthbound, as shown here in this part of the battle against Giygas in Earthbound.

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
BTW shortie you better remove this Cassandra sticker from your sign , a character that got removed from it's own series, it'll be mostly sure that it won't be in the next SSB.

OmegaXXII

To expand onto the idea of the cast praying to stop Giygas, it can show cutscenes of characters from all the Nintendo worlds suddenly feeling the need to pray for the one who care for (whoever the protagonist or even antagonist is in their world).

For example, all the Toads praying for Mario, Luigi, and Peach; all the Goombas and Koopas praying for Bowser; all the Space Pirates praying for Ridley (LOL :chuckle:), and stuff like that.

It would be done similar to how they showed characters in different parts of the world praying in Earthbound, as shown here in this part of the battle against Giygas in Earthbound.
OMG!! I love this alot!! Keep it coming. :cool:

If this were in an SSE/Adventure mode style of play I would whole heartingly agree with you, full of suspense, awesome cutscenes, yea...Giygas would pretty much take Mater Hand's place as the supreme ruler of Smash. :awesome:

OmegaXXII

BTW shortie you better remove this Cassandra sticker from your sign , a character that got removed from it's own series, it'll be mostly sure that it won't be in the next SSB.
You made me laugh hard!! :laugh:

Your comments of pessimism towards an idea are funny indeed.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Smash's end boss and supreme ruler shouldn't be something from another franchise. It just ruins it for me. Master Hand, Crazy Hand, Tabuu, and then something epic that brings it all together.

Master and Crazy Hand were being controlled by Tabuu. Tabuu was like the master wireframe/alloy and heart of the power of the subspace. It follows that the next thing in line should be the "brain". Whatever was behind Tabuu's actions should be the next boss. Even if it is very similar to Giygas, it shouldn't actually be Giygas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom