• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Haha! I read your response to jebus, he doesn't seem to get it concerning DDD, I found it pretty hilarious at his weak counterpoints.

So pokemon eh... so what do you think about Victini at this point? Mewtwo? Zoroark?

:phone:

hichez50

Smash Lord
NNID
Player-00
3DS FC
2122-6108-1245
What is so gay about youtube uploading service? Alright so I think we should discuss stage possibilities. And how non competitive the will be.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
He is really derp. Gaytube stops loading my vids randomly and makes the timer go up instead of down. Highest it's been is 1758mins.

OmegaXXII

What is so gay about youtube uploading service? Alright so I think we should discuss stage possibilities. And how non competitive the will be.
Gaytube is gay sometimes. :awesome:

..anyway, Fourside anyone, I loved that stage in Melee, I would love to see it again.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I did take a look at the Zoroark moveset plot that Pseudomaniac made. Apparently, the specials that he gave it are different from what I thought up.

For one example, I had Night Daze as its Final Smash, and Dark Pulse as its standard special move.

OmegaXXII

@Fox: Haha, Jebus is getting his *** *****!!!

@Mario&Sonic_guy: So what did you think of Zoroark's moveset? Do you see Ziroark getting a spot roster over Victini? Or alongside It?

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I actually agree with that. Screw these arbitrary reasons surrounding Zoraork and Victini.

JavaCroc

Smash Ace
Gaytube is gay sometimes. :awesome:

..anyway, Fourside anyone, I loved that stage in Melee, I would love to see it again.

And here goes past stages all over again. :awesome:

But yes, Fourside was a great stage with great music. I disliked how the Fourside music wasn't in Brawl.

I would have preferred the Mother series getting two past stages instead of New Pork City, which was disappointing as a stage to say the least.

And again, I'll just post my choices for past stages:
Super Smash Bros.
  • Mushroom Kingdom
  • Saffron City
  • Hyrule Castle

Super Smash Bros. Melee
Basically all the stages that were in Brawl with some changes:
  • Replace Rainbow Cruise with Princess Peach's Castle (more iconic)
  • Replace Pokemon Stadium with Poke Floats (we don't need two past Pokemon Stadiums)
  • Add Fourside

Super Smash Bros. Brawl
  • Halberd
  • Summit
  • Pirate Ship
  • Luigi's Mansion
  • Mario Circuit
  • Rumble Falls
  • Pokemon Stadium 2
  • Flat Zone 2
  • Castle Siege
  • Pictochat
  • Norfair
  • Port Town Aero Drive
  • Yoshi's Island
  • Skyworld
  • Lylat Cruise

That's 28 past stages right there. The Mario series has the most past stages (4). Zelda and Pokemon get three each. The other consistent-since-SSB franchises have two past stages each. Fire Emblem, Game & Watch, Ice Climber, and Kid Icarus also keep their stages this time around.

Personally, considering how many good stages are in past games, I think there should be more emphasis on bringing back past stages this time. It would also give the developers more time to focus on other important features such as online and single-player.

EDIT: BTW, if they included an orchestrated version of this song in a cutscene of Yoshi in Adventure Mode, I would be probably cry. Loved this song in Yoshi's Island, as short as it is.

Barbasol

Smash Ace
I actually agree with that. Screw these arbitrary reasons surrounding Zoraork and Victini.
That's actually a very good point. One could say that representing a new generation at the expense of other deserving characters has actually only cropped up once in Lucario...

We've been making an assumption this whole time....

Still it seems like what they would do. My bet's on Victini... But in terms of who deserves to make it in? Mewtwo for sure due to pan-gaming popularity. Deoxys seems to be still quite popular.

-Ominous-

Smash Journeyman
I skimmed through this just a litte, and I didn't catch anyone mention Bomberman as a new playable character.

You might've though...I didn't read too deeply.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
@Mario&Sonic_guy: So what did you think of Zoroark's moveset? Do you see Ziroark getting a spot roster over Victini? Or alongside It?

I stopped participating in moveset contests for a long time. However, maybe I should input a full Zoroark moveset of my own, because I do see it as a possible candidate.

OmegaXXII

Well, it's better than being off-topic am I rite? :awesome:

I like your idea of bringing past stages as well, since Smash 4 may be the last game for a while, I think Sakurai and team should put all their effort into making it as perfect as possible, including the inclusion of past N64 stages.

This is once again what Im hoping to see:

SSB64 Past Stages:

•Meta Stage
•Princess Peach's Castle Skyway
•Saffron City

SSB Melee:

•Brinstar
•Final Destination
•Fourside
•Battlefield

SSB Brawl:

•Lylat Cruise
•Norfair
•Castle Siege
•Bridge of Eldin

Those are a select few that I would really like to see if we didn't get all of them, I would be nice if we also got all the music related to those stages, more classic music would=better overall soundtrack IMO.

Jaklub

Smash Journeyman
I skimmed through this just a litte, and I didn't catch anyone mention Bomberman as a new playable character.

You might've though...I didn't read too deeply.
It was actually discussed not-so-long ago.

He instantly lost to Megaman, like every other third party with exception of Snake and Sonic.

JavaCroc

Smash Ace
Well, it's better than being off-topic am I rite? :awesome:

I like your idea of bringing past stages as well, since Smash 4 may be the last game for a while, I think Sakurai and team should put all their effort into making it as perfect as possible, including the inclusion of past N64 stages.

This is once again what Im hoping to see:

SSB64 Past Stages:

•Meta Stage
•Princess Peach's Castle Skyway
•Saffron City

SSB Melee:

•Brinstar
•Final Destination
•Fourside
•Battlefield

SSB Brawl:

•Lylat Cruise
•Norfair
•Castle Siege
•Bridge of Eldin

Those are a select few that I would really like to see if we didn't get all of them, I would be nice if we also got all the music related to those stages, more classic music would=better overall soundtrack IMO.

Why bring back Final Destination and Battlefield? The Melee versions were nice, but it's inevitable we'll get new versions, and it would feel like a waste of stages if we brought them back.

If there isn't a new Battlefield or Final Destination, though, I would use Brawl's Battlefield and Melee's Final Destination as the past stages.

I'm good with all the other choices, though.

EDIT: @Barbasol
O_O

Wow, I just thought about what you said. We may not need fifth-gen reps after all. I still expect them, of course, but it would be interesting.

OmegaXXII

Bomberman is a good 3rd party character and there's no doubts that he has a good connection with Nintendo, the only problem that stands between him being considered is Megaman due to his higher demand and is quite more popular nowadays IMO, nothing against him though, I would like Bomberman as a character.

hichez50

Smash Lord
NNID
Player-00
3DS FC
2122-6108-1245
I don't know why they didn't put more melee stage in brawl it really is just copy and pasting models. I hope we get some updates to 64 stages.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I don't know why they didn't put more melee stage in brawl it really is just copy and pasting models. I hope we get some updates to 64 stages.
Supposedly it wasn't a copy and paste job. A comment from the DOJO suggests they were recreated. It's a bit STRANGE, but I guess it was due to the new engine used or something.

OR SOMETHING.

D

Deleted member

hcihez50 said:
Lets be honest I think they will make a new Pokemon trainer with starters from various regions. Because there was never any 3rd gen representation. Also I wonder if other characters will have abilities like lucario in the next game. Say the more times a character got hit the faster they get but they lose some power or something like that.
I actually wouldn't mind this, providing that it represents the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd gen with Charizard, Bayleef, and Mudkip.
Barbasol said:
Giovanni could reasonably have any of:
- Mewtwo (would only lose confusion in Bv, which is fine as it was useless)
- Deoxys
- Genesect
- Meowth

It'd be win-win.
Totally this. Would make fans of Mewtwo, Deoxys, Meowth, and Genesect happy and gives us at least one good addition that most people would agree on.
Barbasol said:
Pokemon Master
Pikachu-Jigglypuff-Victini*
Pokemon Trainer
Squirtle-Ivysaur-Charizard
Rival
Meowth*-Lucario*-Zoroark*
Giovanni
Mewtwo*-Deoxys*-Genesect*

Dunno, seems like any more than 1 trainer and it should all be trainer based or else it gets weird.
I actually would love something like that. It makes almost everyone happy. Unfortunately, it is never happening.
BirthNote said:
I think it would be very fun to play as Lickitung. Annoying opponents with sideB seems like it would be pretty funny.
Going into unrealistic Pokemon characters, Scizor (Should have been in Melee over Pichu), Ditto, Eevee, and Deoxys would be lots of fun to play with.
disfunkshunal said:
I recently realised konami had a hand in the abomination known as bomberman act zero. Oh god I'm afraid
Don't worry about it. If Bomberman is playable, it won't be the one from that horribly received game.

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
That's actually a very good point. One could say that representing a new generation at the expense of other deserving characters has actually only cropped up once in Lucario...
You could also say that about Fire Emblem with replacing Roy with Ike.

Wohoo! The 1000th page!

Greave

Smash Apprentice
NNID
P-Duck
I feel Gen1 has enough representation with Pika and Jig. The new Trainer should be from Gens 2-4.

Hoots

Can Be Combative
I feel Gen1 has enough representation with Pika and Jig. The new Trainer should be from Gens 2-4.
Except that Charizard is the most beloved Pokemon of all time with Squirtle up there too.

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
Actually it's exactly 500 pages for me if you are viewing 30 posts per page.

I didn't know there was an option.

As for the Pokemon Trainer I prefer the first gen trainer but thats probably because I only liked the first gen pokemon. What if they instead they use the latest gen trainer and then brought back Mewtwo? Possibly have a rep for each generation. That's a lot of pokemon though.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
If anything, Jiggz should go since it's just a remnant at this point. Pikachu and Pokemon trainer represent the series perfectly by themselves. Pikachu is the mascot while Trainer represents a lot of important aspects of the series.

After that, they only need a Pokemon to represent the newest generation at the time. I would say they should also have a legendary Pokemon (namely Mewtwo since it is like, THE legendary Pokemon), but that may fall under the "newest gen" rep.

(Not that I expect any of this to play out, just how I think it should be done) :V

D

Deleted member

Personally, if I was doing the Pokemon series, I would make a roster like this for SSB4:

1. Pikachu
2. Jigglypuff
3. Pokemon Trainer
4. Mewtwo
5. Scizor
6. Deoxys
7. Lucario
8. Victini

However, it is never happening. So I'm expecting something like this:

1. Pikachu
2. Jigglypuff
3. Pokemon Trainer
4. Mewtwo/Lucario
5. Victini

Which I would be very happy with.

JavaCroc

Smash Ace
If anything, Jiggz should go since it's just a remnant at this point. Pikachu and Pokemon trainer represent the series perfectly by themselves. Pikachu is the mascot while Trainer represents a lot of important aspects of the series.

After that, they only need a Pokemon to represent the newest generation at the time. I would say they should also have a legendary Pokemon (namely Mewtwo since it is like, THE legendary Pokemon), but that may fall under the "newest gen" rep.

(Not that I expect any of this to play out, just how I think it should be done) :V
Personally, I'd replace Jigglypuff with Mewtwo because Mewtwo would be a better representative of the first generation and, as you noted, it is THE Legendary Pokemon of the Pokemon series.

Although I expect Jigglypuff will stay, it's lost much of it's popularity in the Pokemon franchise. The only strands that Jigglypuff is hanging onto that prevents it from being removed are it's unique moveset, it's survival as a playable character through three games (although obviously it wasn't safe during Brawl's development), and it's popularity in the Smash Bros. community.

If I were making SSB4, Jigglypuff would be the only Brawl veteran I'd need to consider and think about before possibly adding it to the roster. At least Lucario remains noticeably popular in his own franchise.

OmegaXXII

I didn't know there was an option.

As for the Pokemon Trainer I prefer the first gen trainer but thats probably because I only liked the first gen pokemon. What if they instead they use the latest gen trainer and then brought back Mewtwo? Possibly have a rep for each generation. That's a lot of pokemon though.
There is, just go tu your User CP.

As for the Pokemon, I would definetly like to see Mewtwo return, but I fear his chances are kinda of low due to Zoroark's, instead I'd rather see Victini make, why?

•Has a movie coming up, thus giving him exposure plus popularity.

•Could potentially break the cycle of expecting Zoroark to play similar to Lucario (via a shadowball).

•Would be unique in many ways with having both psychic and fire attacks.

In general, if Zoroark appears, we might not expect to ever see neither Lucario or Mewtwo, on the other hand if we were to get Victini, there's a more probable chance that we might get either one of them.

That my opinion of course, I state it because so many people bash on Victini rather than to consider and looking at the facts.

D

Deleted member

OmegaXVII said:
•Has a movie coming up, thus giving him exposure plus popularity.
The movie is already out, it released two days ago. I wholeheartedly agree with this, though, and plan on doing a make-over of my essay on Victini in a matter of a few days because I plan on improving it for GameFAQs, where my main campaign for his inclusion will be in (I got a lot of help from nLiM8d on how to improve it).

JavaCroc

Smash Ace
I was listening to the Giga Bowser battle music from Melee, and thought of something I think will be interesting to discuss:

Do you guys want the next Smash Bros. to be a little more lighthearted than Brawl and Melee - a little more akin to the original SSB -, or would you prefer SSB4 keep the "seriousness" that it's last two predecessors had?

While I do like a series taking itself seriously, I wouldn't mind some humor or a little playfulness in the next Smash. It's kind of annoyed me how Mario wears a frown in Brawl when he's never frowned much in his own series. I guess he's just in a Smash Bros. "I'm gonna kick your ***" mode is all.

However, there are times where I'd like a little darker tone to parts of the game. What if instead of your character trophy bumping along the ground at the Game Over screen, it shatters with pieces falling every which way?

Anyways, what do you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom