• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I expect the worse for this game. This is that worst case scenario. Left Slippy Toad put of my nightmare list... This is what I expect none the less, I keep my expectations dirt low.

I don't know. Guess Legends 3 being cancelled has put me in a pessimistic mood...

:phone:

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I expect the worst as well. In almost every aspect. From it's gameplay being something I'm not fond of, to it roster containing bland Megamen.

Greave

Smash Apprentice
NNID
P-Duck
Ok, all this talk about Melee's depth and Brawl's depth and no talk about how it will translate to Smash U? I am disappoint.

I expect the worse for this game. This is that worst case scenario. Left Slippy Toad put of my nightmare list... This is what I expect none the less, I keep my expectations dirt low.

I don't know. Guess Legends 3 being cancelled has put me in a pessimistic mood...

This is probably the best mindset we can have for the game, honestly. There are bound to be disappointments, especially in character selection. A roster of 50 guys is just far too much for one screen to handle, unless clumsy menus and dropdowns are implemented.

So a lot of characters are going to have to be cut, or else we won't have any new ones. So it's either be disappointed or be disappointed.

Hoots

Can Be Combative
@Starphoenix: expect Megaman's chances to possibly go down:

http://www.capcom-unity.com/gregaman/blog/2011/07/18/a_message_from_capcom

/Now we really out!

Gasp! He can make room for actually COOL Third Party Characters?! Awesome!

However, I don't see how this effects his chances. Sonic hasn't had a non loathed game in years, and he made it in. Smash Bros is about gaming history and nostalgia, not what is the new hip trend. This is because, quite frankly, the new hip trends ****ing suck. Look at all the faggy new main characters from games like Prototype, Infamous, Assassin's Creed 2, LA Noire, and every other game with horrible characters that you don't remember 5 minutes after beating it. I dunno, I don't see how it would lower his chances.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Ok, all this talk about Melee's depth and Brawl's depth and no talk about how it will translate to Smash U? I am disappoint.
What he should have done is just combined the two and add new mechanics, but it's all in the air now. So idk what to expect, if push comes to shove I still have the other 3 smashes.

Going ghost.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Gasp! He can make room for actually COOL Third Party Characters?! Awesome!
Finally. Someone who has a good sense of the word "interesting". Megaman is the peanutbutter and jelly of third parties.

So a lot of characters are going to have to be cut, or else we won't have any new ones. So it's either be disappointed or be disappointed.
Ideally, I would like to see 20-25 characters kept, and the rest be let loose in favor of new characters.

Hoots

Can Be Combative
But Professor Layton is new and hip...
But he is so classy, he's totally old school!

Edit: While Megaman may be pretty lame as far as characters in general go, he is LEAPS AND BOUNDS awesomer than Ryu. So if it is a choice between Megaman and Ryu, I will be the biggest Megaman fanboy around.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Volume is the measurement we use with the 3rd dimension. Depth is the dimension itself.

Just like we use area for length and width.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Forreal though, a lot of new things are bad, not just video games unfortunately. I think it's because we've gotten to the point where we only care for things at it's surface value and don't want to go in depth.

Rap got bad after the 90's, more movies are bad, video games are bad, economy is bad, natural occurrences are bad, lots of modern warfare is bad, social terms from local to local is bad.

A lot of things are bad. My family will fail if this restaurant doesn't start money this week and we are below our projected pay atm. That is bad.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Lol, is true.

Wiz Khalifa, and Mac Miller are bad LOL. Everyone of my friends try to use them as the redeeming factors of rap.

I just saw the edit. I got a good laugh. Well I do really have to go, there's work 6 am today and I'm not even asleep yet.

We ghosting out.

D

Deleted member

I am personally not going to expect the absolute worst because even if I did, I would still be disappointed with the final result. Keeping it at middle ground is pretty much the only way I can see myself not disappointed with the final result.

But in case anyone wants to know, my worst nightmare for a roster is 26 slots with Toon Link, R.O.B., Falco, Wolf, Lucario, Jigglypuff, Ike, Ness, Snake, and Sonic remove and the only newcomer being Zoroark. You can clearly tell this is why I don't expect the absolute worst case scenario.
Just in case anyone is curious, here is what I expect to see from the next Smash Bros:

Solid Snake, Sonic the Hedgehog, Lucario, and Ike will be cut.

All of the cut Melee characters will remain absent.

No third party characters will be in this game.

A universal roster of 42 characters

Only three new playable series will be added; Punch Out, Legendary Starfy, and our shock retro character. The rest will be additions to series already present.

Little Mac
Starfy
Zoroark/Victini
Palutena
Bowser. Jr
Dark Samus (who will be a clone)
Cranky Kong
Tingle
Caeda
Shock retro

That is all I anticipate at this point. You guys think I'm joking but I'm dead serious. I keep my expectations low.

:scared:

Under no condition can I lower my expectations to even close to that dismal level and yes, I have tried to lower it as much as possible. Meaning that this list would be extremely disappointing to me and I would likely skip on the game if the online fails. A few ironic thing I notice with this post, thought:

Why expect 42 slots with universal roster? I am not even expecting 40 with it. I also find it ironic that you expect ten newcomers yet I only expect 44 slots with nine newcomers, although that's just me. If you want to be even more pessimistic, I can help, even though I am currently trying not to be.

First off, remove Victini and expect only Zoroark. You seem to prefer Victini over Zoroark, so if you're going for the worst, expect Zoroark.

Also take off Palutena as I consider Medusa more likely and only expect Pit to return. Dark Samus and Caeda are also not very likely, so only expect Samus and Marth to return.

Basically, as much as I hate to do this, I've helped you become even more pessimistic.

Either way, this roster would suck ***.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
@Work: I can't sleep :urg:

@Star: Let me elaborate, they release a demo with very promising potential. Hackers later show that there is ghost data of stuff you ALWAYS wanted. A month or two before release the game is cancelled.

Or it can just become Sonic '06ifed.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Oooh. So negative.

So my Ridley moveset is coming along. Sent it to a couple people to get feedback. I'll format it and make it presentable soon and post it. I'll probably add in some pictures later. Maybe links to where I'm referencing moves he's done in past games. May try and make DAMAGE ESTIMATES. I want it to be concise, because things like that one Victini moveset are just too much, lol.

Greave

Smash Apprentice
NNID
P-Duck
Whether we're positive or negative, the safest thing we can do is not to get attached to any one character or feature. We can generate good reasons for characters to be in the game, but let's take them as prediction tools instead of wet dreams.

As much as I want Ridley in the game and as quickly as I can recite all the good reasons for his inclusion (and as much as I want to see that moveset), I'm not going to expect or hope for him.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Well, if the game gets canceled that means it can't get any worse than it already is. I just have low expectations. I usually try to stay cheery, but I honestly don't know how this one will turn out.

JavaCroc

Smash Ace
Because, if the game is cancelled there would still be the other in development. Now if the games were both cancelled that would be most unpleasant.

Good point. If any of the two were cancelled, it obviously should be the 3DS version. Honestly, while there is potential with having two games, it also means the team has to spread their focus across two supposedly different (yet similar) games on two very different platforms - that means more time and money used up, and the likelihood that this split will limit what the Wii U game will be capable of, since I'm sure every function a 3DS can do (except 3D, of course), a Wii U can handle just as well if not even better.

Anyways, another minor topic: do you think the basic character trophies should be designed to reflect on the "classic" look of that character as in Melee?

I found it lazy that they just used the in-game Brawl models for the trophies, and it helped show the history behind the characters when you showed them in their classic form.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom