• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I do remember that Jigglypuff received the biggest voice change when the language settings are set to Japanese. No one else in Melee received a drastic voice makeover.

Chris the Ripper

Banned via Administration
Elaboration:Character Creation is where you give life to your very own Smash character.He or She can be clothed with anything in the database(or at least what Nintendo gives you to choose from)and can be affiliated with any other Nintendo/Third Party character's universe.The voice options for grunts,laughs,etc. are depicted from what gender your character is.Each gender has at least 6 voices to choose from.Each gender also has 6 movesets to choose from that allow you to mix and match to suit you.The movesets also depend on your weight class.(Heavy Weight,Medium Weight,Light Weight)Also,you character may have special abilities like super strength,flying,ect.These also depict your character's moveset,but only slightly.(2 or 3 moves may have to be adjusted to suit that certain character)*sloves the "he's gona get all Meta-Knight's moves" problem*(Leveling up isn't included)

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Elaboration:Character Creation is where you give life to your very own Smash character.He or She can be clothed with anything in the database(or at least what Nintendo gives you to choose from)and can be affiliated with any other Nintendo/Third Party character's universe.The voice options for grunts,laughs,etc. are depicted from what gender your character is.Each gender has at least 6 voices to choose from.Each gender also has 6 movesets to choose from that allow you to mix and match to suit you.The movesets also depend on your weight class.(Heavy Weight,Medium Weight,Light Weight)Also,you character may have special abilities like super strength,flying,ect.These also depict your character's moveset,but only slightly.(2 or 3 moves may have to be adjusted to suit that certain character)*sloves the "he's gona get all Meta-Knight's moves" problem*(Leveling up isn't included)
Hey not bad, I like the idea of having to mix and match movesets, just as long as it restricts any potential spammable moves that would otherwise be placed in the same moveset then that would be fine.

Chris the Ripper

Elaboration Part 2:The Character Creation has different fighting styles from which you may choose.From Donkey Kong's bare handed knuckle style to Marth's elegant sword type of handle.You can have any type of fighting style you choose thats in the Smash Universe.Your moveset can be based upon you flying ability,like Pit for example,your moves can be swift and fast or they can be based on your speed,having the similar agility of Captain Falcon.Note that each of these movesets and special abilities always depict from your weight class. (Don't want to have an Mk wanabe running around with a Warlock punch type move)

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Amazing that you have developed such a theory, as far as customizable character would go, I like this idea so far, and that's saying alot for someone who really doesn't care about a feature.

Chris the Ripper

Amazing that you have developed such a theory, as far as customizable character would go, I like this idea so far, and that's saying alot for someone who really doesn't care about a feature.
Who says thats a theory?

(onssbbcyalaterKthxbye)

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Hey guys, I'll be posting my stage concept in a few. Decided on what I want to go with.

iFaZe

Smash Rookie
Character customization would be awesome, but with the amount of content already poured out for one character in costumes I don't see a point. Regardless of skins, I feel like we'd only be able to change colours.

JavaCroc

Smash Ace
Having Target Mode like back in Melee would be amazing. I felt it was a cop-out for them to give us only five Break the Targets for Brawl, which needs to be fixed for SSB4. Also, the latter two should be back as well, those are among my favorite single-player memories.
I completely agree. I actually completely expected everyone to choose Melee's individual target tests.

However, fact is, if we really expect as high as 50 characters in SSB4, should we really expect individual Target Tests to return? That's a lot of stages made for the sake of one character each, to be played on by no one else. The team will probably find it simply easier to return to the Brawl concept, especially if their time is limited.

However, if Sakurai and his team want to make SSB4 as perfect as possible, they're going to have to bring back individual Target Tests, because I believe the majority of Smash Bros. fans support Melee's design.

[COLLAPSE=Horsetail's Ideas]- F**KSPACE EMISSASSERY-concept must buried for good.

I hated the nature of this thing. If it didn't just have Nintendo-characters and awesome, this would've been the most worst Wii-game from Nintendo, ever.

The world was uninspired, and was clearly a sign of laziness. No Nintendo-worlds at all. If there was actually something to refer at them, it was the Mario-enemies and the Ruined Zoo, which is a throwback to Mother 1's Zoo. And it ends up there.

What you get is quite original, but still, NOT FITTING, enemies to a story mode for SSBB. What's with these, anyway? Some even resemble Kirby-enemies, notably those spiky enemies. Even the chase scene with Lucas and Porky Statue was ripped off from Kirby SuperStar, when in Revenge Of Metaknight, you had to run away from Heavy Lobster at one point.

SSB4, you dare to make SE2, and I will not ever, EVER play that story mode. As if there wasn't a cheaper way to unlock all the characters just by clearing the story mode.

SSB4, needs a real Nintendo Crossover Game. A crisis on Nintendo-worlds, exploring them, killing the enemies and discovering old and also new places. And maybe, just maybe, let the characters interact with each other more. SE didn't do any justice on some thing Really. We did see Red and Lucas seemed to grow a friendship, (Which makes sense, as Creatures Inc was Ape Inc, and thus has worked on Mother-games before PKMN-games) and so did Mario and Pit, but putting Yoshi to battle against Mario is just beyond RIDICULOUS.

As I can see I'm not the only one here who wants a better story mode.

We better make a group for petiting or at least, designing more ideal Story Mode for SSB4.

- Character Trophies. Make them from SCRATCH.
I was sickened how the trophies for the fighters were wierdly enough all copypasted about, and didn't even look at all referring to their retro designs (The Classic Mode Trophies).
Also, some trophies must be done for those who deserve it.
I mean, Wedding Peach and Bowser? Apples instead of Whispy Woods himself? Pigs from Wind Waker?
No Prof.Hector? No Warioware trophies describing the characters, even if Sakurai seemingly made it more important than Wario Land-games themselves? Not even Lip even if her stick was included as a trophy? Twice?!

And ya know, YOSHI-TROPHIES WERE DISAPPOINTED IN BRAWL. GOD HELP US ALL, WHAT'S THE POINT OF BEING A YOSHI-FAN WHEN I CAN'T SEE ANY TRIBUTE TO THE SERIES ALA TROPHY?!/exaggaration.

AND MOST OF ALL, NO MOTHER-TROPHIES. Mother-series deserve more than having no trophies of Mother-characters ranging from 1 to 3.

- Representate every franchises EQUALLY.

Also, musical inserts must be now corrected, if we can't put in our music. Halberd has Forest & Nature Area from KAM. Woots. Now if there was grass growing in there, or the feature of moving that music to Green Greens.

Why this is though? It's because too much songs are crammed into one stage, which in this case is, Halberd.

In SSBB, franchises get too much representation,(Mario, Kirby) , some get it in the wrong way (PKMN, no NPC's, just PKMN!), and some are just... badly representated, like Star Fox, F-Zero, Warioware, heck, even Mother.
Motheŕ didn't have even over like 10 trophies, which is a FREAKIN, SHAME.
All of them just referred to ones seen in Brawl, and not outside, I'm disappointed. No Mother 3-characters at all.

(Stupid Snake and his Falcon Punch-hype during his Smash Taunt, which in actuality, seemed to destroy whole F-Zero's real excistence to bits.)

They just need to balance franchises for the next game. Give more trophies to series that deserve it, and make more known music for em, which bring me to this:

- Better, More Popular Musical Choices

Please, try to now make music that isn't all the time wierdly out of place. Tom Nook Store? WII SHOP CHANNEL?!

C'mon, this time, it can't be now just by composers' choices which music we'll be rebranded for SSB4.
PKMN would've gotten better music consisting from Gym Leader Battles and other great battle music from PKMN-music. But no, we get WILD PKMN BATTLE FROM RUBY AND SAPPHIRE, WHICH WAS SEEMINGLY DONE TO GIVE US MEMORIES OF COUNTLESS RUNAWAYS FROM WILD BATTLES. And just FEW battle music.
Geez, great way to give us that nostalgia. It must've been very great times running away from wild PKMN, eh?
And you can't even let us remember the Gym Leader Battles in RSE. Great way to treat those fun times when I was ten.

/rant

So what do you think of these?[/COLLAPSE]
I added COLLAPSE tags since your post is too long in combination with the rest of my post. :p

Let me list my opinion on each individual point:
  1. YES. NO QUESTIONS ASKED.
  2. I agree that it was lazy that they just used the Brawl in-game models for the character trophies. They should resemble the classic version of the character. In addition to this, I'd like for the Special Move trophies from Melee to return in some form with the normal character trophies and Final Smash trophies - I have no idea how they would be integrated, however.
  3. I have to say, for the most part, no. While I do think some franchises were under-represented sticker and trophy-wise, I don't think the franchises should be equal to each other in terms of representation. Mother, for example, is a dead series; while it definitely deserves more than Lucas and Ness trophies, it shouldn't get as much as a series like Metroid, Mario, or Fire Emblem. Same goes for music.
  4. Mostly agree. But it's also nice to hear the more obscure songs too. That's part of what I loved about the SSB4 soundtrack.

If Menu 2 returns, would anyone want to see a mix of Melee's and Brawl's? I think that would make a seriously special menu music.
I would love to hear that - as long as the Melee version is used more over the Brawl version, as the Melee version was for the most part better.

Anyway, Victini actually has a good shot of being playable essay is up. Suggestions on how to improve it before showing it off to GameFAQs and response to this article would be appreciated.
Very good article of why Victini is a realistic option for SSB4. It basically lists all the reasons why I think Victini is the most deserving 5th-gen rep for Pokemon.

I think Victini has very good chances considering "it" has a movie coming up, but the fact that it's considered as a "Mew" just hurts tit's chances, personally I see it coming due to it being the latest to rep in a movie, but Sakurai might take that into consideration, i might be wrong though if you argue that Lucario got in solely for that purpose.

I'd rather see Zoroark instead, but knowing Pokemon characters for smash, exposure (movie) + popularity is what might decide Victini over Zoroark instead.
As I've said in the Rate their Chances thread, while I prefer Victini over Zoroark, I'd like to see Zoroark in SSB4 with Lucario as well as another option, since it would show that the two are not just swap-in-swap-out characters and capable of completely differentiating themselves.

There's a hacked stage that's entirely aerial. In theory it sounds fun but think of matches like fox vs jiggs where they fall at very different speeds it's really hard to fight.
In Brawl or Melee? If it's Melee you're referring to, you mean the DUMMY stage with added blast lines.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwXjnVICb3I

Prepare to have your mind ****ing BLOWN!

You're welcome.
My mind was ****ing blown away a while back already by that, because I listen to good music, not the crap you hear on modern music radio stations today.

Would anyone like the option for Japanese language back in SSB4? I found it very interesting back in Melee that Bowser was known as "Koopa" in Japan. Anyone wants to hear "Rockman" instead of "Megaman" in Japanese version?
I don't see why the SSB4 team didn't do it in Brawl, so I see no reason that the SSB4 shouldn't bring it back for SSB4.

Hey guys, I'll be posting my stage concept in a few. Decided on what I want to go with.
Looking forward to whatever your cooking up.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
So, after deliberating between three different stage ideas I have finally settled upon the one I want to go with. At first I was apprehensive about doing a stage for this game as the latest installment hasn't been released yet, until I remembered something... A very central setting is going to be returning, which leads me to believe that this will be the locale chosen as it is bound to be important once more. Without needing to say anymore, lets dive in!

Why if it isn't Toad Town? This was the main town in the original Paper Mario for the 64 and will be making a return in Paper Mario 3DS. So why shouldn't it be the stage? However, the stage itself will be set in the area with the fountain. Now the fountain in the background has a platform on it, when the fountain spews water the platform will rise. Otherwise it lies on top of it. The other platforms are left and right of the fountain are static. A neat little feature is you can "rip" the platforms. After a prolonged exposure to damage, being paper and all, they can tear and become unusable.

Small thumbnail is small

Such a happy and cheery place! Bright, colorful, smiling Paper Toads roaming the streets carefree. Ahhhh... Nevermind the fact that this series has been home to some of the darkest Mario characters... But wait! Something is wrong? Why is there an audience below the stage and curtains folding to the side? Because even though it is "Toad Town" it is incorporating the "audience/battle system" found in Paper Mario 2. Making the battlefield look as though it were just part of a play! But what about the Toads walking in the background? What level of Inception-esque madness is this? Don't worry about those details, just enjoy the conglomeration. Be careful to appease the crowd with a good fight, bore them and you may suffer... Falling lights, smoke, rocks thrown from the audience; all of this can happen to you if you don't put on a good show. Fight well and you will be applauded and cheered! Because there is no love like Goomba love!

Stage Example:

.........------
....---..___..---....

Stage Name - Toad Town
Icon - Mushroom w/ thick outline

Paper Mario/Mario and Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story - Toad Town/Toad Town
Paper Mario - Tubba Blubba
Paper Mario - Tutankoopa
Paper Mario - Bowser, King of Koopas
Paper Mario 2: The Thousand Year Door - X-naut Fortress
Paper Mario 2: The Thousand Year Door - Shadow Queen
Paper Mario 2: The Thousand Year Door - File Load
Paper Mario 2: The Thousand Year Door - Dooplis
Super Paper Mario - Mr. L and Big Bro
Super Paper Mario - The Ultimate Show
Super Paper Mario - Francis
Super Mario RPG - Beware the Forest Mushrooms (per Square's allowance)

Wow, I didn't expect choosing music from this series to be so tough. Some of my hardest decisions next too Starhip Mario and Robot Museum. That isn't even covering the inevitable Paper Mario 3DS tracks, but I'll cross that bridge once it comes. For now I'll just list what we have. Hopefully you all enjoy it, it isn't actually as cluttered as some may think it may sound. The stage is spacious enough to have both the audience and the town. If it doesn't go over so well I can always revise it. lol

Wow... For once there is only one person in this thread. That is me...

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
WAY TO KILL THE THREAD, STARPHOENIX.

But yeah, it's nice. Would you find it AGREEABLE to have the background change (like a page turning) to alter the stage platforms, as well as show off different locales of the series?

blonic

Smash Rookie
I've already gotten used to the classic controller pro for brawl, so that I can have a smooth transition for ssb4.

Also I would really like to see a space pirate as one of the characters. Metroid needs more representation, and Ridley is too big and strong, I think that a space pirate would fit right in. When I say space pirate I mean the version from the metroid prime series.

:phone:

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
I think Ridley has a shot. If they plan on making him grapple characters and fly while he pummels like in Super Metroid, he needs to be at least Giga Bowser size for it to be sensible.

If they make him smaller, they may have other ideas for him.

BTW, Ridley in Brawl has dummied out assist trophy data.

Have fun with the wireless interference at tournaments.
:troll:

Leaving the thread now.

Barbasol

Smash Ace
I've already gotten used to the classic controller pro for brawl, so that I can have a smooth transition for ssb4.

Also I would really like to see a space pirate as one of the characters. Metroid needs more representation, and Ridley is too big and strong, I think that a space pirate would fit right in. When I say space pirate I mean the version from the metroid prime series.

Well. Let's say you're right and Ridley isn't in the game for whatever reason. There's plenty of more viable options than your standard grunt.

Dark Samus, Sylux, etc. Closest we have to a potential space pirate is Weavel, which is very unlikely.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
WAY TO KILL THE THREAD, STARPHOENIX.

But yeah, it's nice. Would you find it AGREEABLE to have the background change (like a page turning) to alter the stage platforms, as well as show off different locales of the series?
I had actually thought of that. My alternate idea was a stage called "The Stage". It would have done just that, but the curtains would go across the background and revealed a different "set" from various Paper Mario games... The audience would still be there, but "Toad Town" would only be a set and not the actual town itself. I REALLY came close to choosing that idea.

Aww, i love flipside music... :/

Flipside SPM

The other one i love is Castle Bleck. From about 0:50 to 1:00 just gives me chills :D.

You should also listen to the battle with count bleck.
I love Castle Bleck too, BELIEVE me. But it didn't fit the stage well so I had to cut it sadly. :(

BTW, the link you PM'ed me was good.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Yeah, although i actually wouldn't mind a count bleck castle stage, although it would be a very dark stage. I think castle bleck is the closest mario can come to gothic. :D

However i know why you chose toad town and it's decent. The link i PMed you was tilt island yeah?

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
@ssbf
Your victini essay is nice and it gets your point across but It seems like it's missing something. The trump card that says victini is a better choice than zoroark. Also you said mewtwo was in ssb4 I would fox that before posting it on other sites.

@javacroc
No I mean on brawl

@star
You never dissapoint ^_^. Toad town is one of the best backdrops because of it's importance and it isn't as bland as say flipside. The platform ripping bit seems like a fun addition. I'm not sure about the audience only because there is always an audience (the crowd that chants your name ) and it would be weird having two audiences.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Yeah, although i actually wouldn't mind a count bleck castle stage, although it would be a very dark stage. I think castle bleck is the closest mario can come to gothic. :D

However i know why you chose toad town and it's decent. The link i PMed you was tilt island yeah?
Yep. Good song.

@star
You never dissapoint ^_^. Toad town is one of the best backdrops because of it's importance and it isn't as bland as say flipside. The platform ripping bit seems like a fun addition. I'm not sure about the audience only because there is always an audience (the crowd that chants your name ) and it would be weird having two audiences.

I wouldn't worry so much about that redundancy. The only thing you would hear from the audience would be generic cheering. Nothing specific.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Ahh, i had so much fun on that mini-game. I was really quite good, and finished the whole thing pretty easilky, with a few lives to spare as well. But the music kept me going. It broke the mood of SPM's storyline, but it was ok, because it set a nice mood in itself.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
How does this look.

While I must applaud your recognition that Ridley is the strongest in the whole world, that doesn't mean much for Smash. Mew "The Most Powerful Pokemon" Two is one of the worst characters in Melee, and Ganon "Pretty Much a God" Dorf is in his own tier at the very bottom in Brawl.

blonic

Smash Rookie
Well. Let's say you're right and Ridley isn't in the game for whatever reason. There's plenty of more viable options than your standard grunt.

Dark Samus, Sylux, etc. Closest we have to a potential space pirate is Weavel, which is very unlikely.
Ya, I know that it is very general, but I only just started the metroid prime series, and there arent really any space pirate characters in metroid prime 1. I just really like the enemy design.

How does this look.

While I must applaud your recognition that Ridley is the strongest in the whole world, that doesn't mean much for Smash. Mew "The Most Powerful Pokemon" Two is one of the worst characters in Melee, and Ganon "Pretty Much a God" Dorf is in his own tier at the very bottom in Brawl.
Good point but Ridley to me would not feel right if he was the size of samus and couldn't fly as long as he liked.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
I saw that blonic! :-P

But seriously you shouldn't double post. You could get in to trouble man... But if it was just a mistake i'm sure you'll be fine ^^

I actually wish there was a way to delete your post after you made it so if you accidentally do something like that you can just erase it....

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Yeah nah nah just letting you know, but i understand if it's a mistake. Me? I'd never go on to SWF on my phone. Seems wierd to me...

Does anyone else think this thread should become a sub-forum once it hits 1000 pages? I'd like to see multiple threads on stage ideas and character ideas and so on if that were to happen. Also seeing as we've got years to wait for the game, is it really fair to only have like 1 or 2 threads on it?

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Good point but Ridley to me would not feel right if he was the size of samus and couldn't fly as long as he liked.
Well, look at it this way. Ridley, after Samus, is the most important character in Metroid. He's iconic, popular, and requested. He deserves a spot on the roster more than any other Nintendo character. To add characters in Smash, they have to make some compromises to get them to fit and be balanced. So trading off his size and ability to fly as long as he likes for his INCLUSION is perfectly acceptable.

Besides, great size was kind of Kraid's schtick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom