• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bradster224

Smash Rookie
The developers would have to put at least ONE Pokemon Black or White pokemon in the roster, or at least a trophy or something....

:phone:

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
It's not happening, I can pretty much guarantee you that it'll with be between Victini and Zoroark getting the spots, not some unknown Pokemon.

@Star: C'mon, quit teasing us with news concerning stage updates lol...

Hoots

Can Be Combative
Necessary is a subjective term...

Come on! Just imagine! The 50th fighting type of generation 6 (because they HAVE to add at least 80 fighting types every generation because they know that I run a monotype dark team half the time... :( ) will be an evil puppet named PinoKILLo! NECESSARY I SAY!

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
that nukka
Well Damn.

So what's going on in here? I don't have work and my all my vids are 2 mins away from being finished. If want to know why that is, it's because I decided to outdo youtube's gay load time by starting all the vids right before I went to sleep.

I'll post a link to one, if anyone is interested.
Sorry for breaking topic, continue on.

D

Deleted member

@disfunkshunal: Thanks for the tip, I shall apply it as soon as possible.

Been meaning to get back to nLiM8d, although I am trying to figure out what exactly he is suggesting as I do plan on rewriting the essay because not only do I want it to be good, I want it to be convincing to that of anti-Victini supporters in that he actually has a chance.

OmegaXXII

Does anybody have a moveset based on Victini? I've seen Zoroark but I'm not sure how Victini would work in terms of moves.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Hey I posted my stage concept last night. If you want to discuss something you can dig that up.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Okay I'll put it in collapse. I had other vids from like 5 days ago I was going to put up but we play so much I have recent vids from yesterday. Also I think I'm going to start secondarying Sheik. Inb4Ninerefernce, DAMN IT, somewhere I repeated a repeated a video I got to figure out which one though >.> so I only have 5 of the 6 Fox matches up

[COLLAPSE="My Matches"]
Iblis :sheik: vs. Hero :marth:
Round 1 Round 2
Iblis :fox: vs. Hero :peach:
Round 1 Round 2 Round 3 Round 4 Round 5
[/COLLAPSE]

Expect the last vid in like....45 mins?

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I actually figured that out once I read the hiragana. If you could send me this in a VM, could you tell me "shot" wasn't approximated as "shatto" and why "da" is not at the end of the sentence?

OmegaXXII

Okay I'll put it in collapse. I had other vids from like 5 days ago I was going to put up but we play so much I have recent vids from yesterday. Also I think I'm going to start secondarying Sheik. Inb4Ninerefernce, DAMN IT, somewhere I repeated a repeated a video I got to figure out which one though >.> so I only have 5 of the 6 Fox matches up

[COLLAPSE="My Matches"]
Round 1 Round 2
[/COLLAPSE]

Awesome, will watch and comment over this Big shot!!

OmegaXXII

You and your japenese.

What is it with Sheik anyway? Don't try to be like Nine lol, he's a bad influence to the Brawl community.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
You and your japenese.

What is it with Sheik anyway? Don't try to be like Nine lol, he's a bad influence to the Brawl community.

I messing around with sheik before he came from under his bridge. LOL

EDIT- LOL @ Campy matches FTW!
You know most brawl matches run on camping right? A lot of fighting games do actually, I was going to pull this on Nine if he posted again but I'll do it right now.

Who said Melee can't be as campy or campier than Brawl?

Also the last match you guys should really like there is a surprise in there.

EDIT: I try to keep my textures the best they can be, I'm looking into getting a better final d, I don't like it atm.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104

[COLLAPSE="My Matches"]
Round 1 Round 2
[/COLLAPSE]

I'll just comment on the first two of your Fox videos.

Round 1: At 4:35, you should've been able to DAir Peach and end the match right there. I can't say if this would work, but you could have tried to Dair off the stage, but close to the edge. This would have kept Peach stuck where she was and possibly kill her.
Round 2: One glaring thing I noticed is your stage positioning. A general rule of thumb should be try to try your best to remain in the middle of stage or face the edge, but not with your back.

Overall, I see you're getting more aggressive, but it seems that Peach is doing good to keep you out. Also, try to mixup how much of your reflector is being used. Aside from stalling, use that as a means to mix up the opponent. One suggestion is to know your opponent's max range and then feinting with shine to be out of the reach and then get them.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Is there some rulebook stating how people should play?
Nope but it's it really factors in the only way to win in brawl unless you live in Europe. That's what Nine was complaining about. But see my vid i posted.

I'll just comment on the first two of your Fox videos.

Round 1: At 4:35, you should've been able to DAir Peach and end the match right there. I can't say if this would work, but you could have tried to Dair off the stage, but close to the edge. This would have kept Peach stuck where she was and possibly kill her.
Round 2: One glaring thing I noticed is your stage positioning. A general rule of thumb should be try to try your best to remain in the middle of stage or face the edge, but not with your back.

Overall, I see you're getting more aggressive, but it seems that Peach is doing good to keep you out. Also, try to mixup how much of your reflector is being used. Aside from stalling, use that as a means to mix up the opponent. One suggestion is to know your opponent's max range and then feinting with shine to be out of the reach and then get them.
Dair offstage is really bad idea unless I know I can drillshine. I'll have to look at R2 to see what you mean. There is a certain distance I'm supposed to keep while lasering though, or I'll get punish in mid-air.

I guess I'm getting more aggressive because I see more openings. :) I'll work on what you said though next time around on the vids. It's so hard to stay ahead of Hero it seems we always improve at the same rate. I can't for a tourney because no one has really seen the damage I can do since 3 months ago basically.

Hero has already went to a tourney in AL and placed top 3. That has got me mad hype.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Is there some rulebook stating how people should play?
No, aside from that stupid ledge grab rule (just ban that little ****er), every fighting game behaves differently.

Some of the main aspects of fighting games are zoning (which covers a variety of sub-topics), feinting, stage positioning, and okizeme.

Ideally, you should aim for this: Staying just out of the opponent's range, getting them on recovery, guess right where they'll go next, make them guess wrong where you'll go next, and punish them when you can.

Of course, every character has a different way of going about this.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I'm not quite sure what you just asked. Do you not know about okizeme in terms of fighting games?

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Yeah I asked what does it mean.

@nLiM8d: I pulled the vid because I wanted people to Melee can be campy as hell too. Just happens be chance the vid I was talking about was a Fox main. LOL

OmegaXXII

I messing around with sheik before he came from under his bridge. LOL

You know most brawl matches run on camping right? A lot of fighting games do actually, I was going to pull this on Nine if he posted again but I'll do it right now.

Who said Melee can't be as campy or campier than Brawl?

Also the last match you guys should really like there is a surprise in there.

EDIT: I try to keep my textures the best they can be, I'm looking into getting a better final d, I don't like it atm.

God damn son!! That was a campy *** match there, that Fox wasn't you now was it? I know it's Scar vs. Spammer

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
I started playing competitively around Brawl's release time, maybe 6 months before. That vid is before my time.

@nLiM8d: I know that but in brawl compared other fighting games, camping is a huge factor. LOL yoooo if it was Sheik main I would have had take a walk or something.

EDIT: Rage - ****ING YOUTUBE, stopped uploading my **** 5% before it was done FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUuuu

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Okizeme refers to when the opponent is knocked down on their back. At this point, the opponent's options are limited. It's at this time that you must do something to maintain your momentum. This involves you reading your opponent's actions. These are the six questions I ask myself when playing as El Fuerte.

1. What have I done so far?
2. What have I NOT done so far?
3. What has my opponent done so far?
4. What has my opponent NOT done so far?
5. How much health and meter do we both have? - This can relate to how desperate both players are.
6. What are my opponent's options? - I.E. Godlike backdash, mashable DP, etc. This question will have different answers depending on the situation.

The first four questions all go together. I can condition my opponent to respond a certain way during my okizeme. This will force him to adapt, but then I switch to something that will counter that option, and I must repeat this if I want them to not get me. At the same time, my opponent may guess that I'm gonna switch it up so he switched to what he believes to be his counter, but I can guess that he's doing that so I don't change it up. All in all, okizeme is very much rock, paper, scissors.

The last two questions are, unfortuantely, commonly skipped over by some players I know. Since okizeme is very much rock, paper, scissors, you run the risk of being wrong so you must make a decision. If I guess right my momentum stays (1), if I hold back and keep at bay, I lose momentum, but I'm not disadvantaged (0), if I guess wrong, he gains the momentum (-1). Okizeme is a very deep concept, but I happily enjoy it because I get to see people nerd rage.

TL;DR It's like tech chasing and DI chasing but deeper.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom