• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
EDIT- whats the deal with peach pulling up Golem Cores? Ouch @ 3:00, have you considered using downB after that attack? It doesn't play on where you're facing.
After being grab released? I could have PS'd it but I was expecting him to try and cover a different option. All he did was reset the game back to neutral, jab isn't a really good follow up at that percent. Low percents I would have been scared. Also if I shined and whiffed it (shine has garbage range) he could have killed me with a Fair.

Just reboot it and hope for the best, it actually works sometimes believe it or not.

:phone:
I'm doing that as I type.

Thanks for breaking that down. Refreshed a lot. I knew about that, just didn't know the correct term. Yep you are definitely staying around as an adviser.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I'm glad you followed all that. As they say, you don't truly understand something until you can explain it to someone else. And I like to keep my stuff accessible while still providing all the information. To eat the elephant, you must eat it one bite at a time, so I cut it up into tiny pieces for people to eat.

One more thing, another type of okizeme involves question six. If I know my opponent is desperate and will try for some wakeup attack, I'll feint it out and then give them hell with a damaging combo.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
That is some awesome advice coming from you Kuma, I really need to get into the competative scene like you guys, I love both Street Fighter and Brawl but it's hard to start out aging reputable players.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Best Peach player in the US just gave me advice in the MU. I feel mad enlighten. MU knowledge from him and technical stuff from Oso. ;)

[COLLAPSE="Shoutouts to my homie Illmatic!"]The first match on the best:

-Immediately from the beginning you are short hop lasering (which is good), this is a good way to camp Peach and allow her to approach you (which is what you want).

-You start getting too close to her (this is the LAST place you want to be) and start just random single lasering near her. Peach is amazing against Fox up close, you want to stay at a distance and allow her to approach you with a turnip or some sort of dash attack / dair. You should be able to predict most of her approaches and either run away or beat her in the air with your broken *** dair or something.

-Very strong use of back air and followed up airs, nice job on that. Try to keep Peach in the air as much as possible, it's her worst trait.

-You get the first kill with a nice upsmash read. Although you did well on this one, there may be moment where you can't seem to just get the kill. Peach's airdodge is TERRIBLE and she's extremely floaty. A good Peach will not want to stay in the air too much at kill percentages, but if he/she DOES go into the air at 95+% this is a perfect opportunity to just read their landing and put in an upsmash. Her airdodge is absolutely horrendous and you should be able to capitalize on it. If Peach is on the ground and shielding don't try to test her too much, her out of shield game is amazing and you will most likely get punished.

-Immediately after your first kill you should have went to the ledge and started SUPER camping. Don't do this dumb short hop single laser or whatever against Peach, it's honestly not that great. The thing that makes her the most pissed off is just spamming lasers grounded. Keep in mind that she will either have to 1) Shield (which will allow you to approach with a grab or some sort of safe maneuver) or she will 2) Float (this is by far her worst option) you can just predict her and punish.

-Your second stock the short hop laser approach was working pretty well, but you were far too close to Peach (when you were at low percentages). Take into consideration that Peach can put in a **** load of damage extremely quickly while you are on a fresh stock. Although Hero may not improvise on your small mistake, I know other Peach players will.

-Do not shine stall against Peach. Her aerials are wayy too fast and she will just predict you. Find a safe landing and just ... land or try dairing her shield or something.

-Good pressure while Peach is offstage. Do not let her get back on, she's pretty predictable and your fair is really good at pressuring her while she is in the air. Watch out for her fair of course. While you are at kill percentage (meaning YOU are about to die) stay on the ground. If you think about it, the only move Peach will really be killing you with grounded is a Forward Smash or Up Smash, which are both really really hard to land. If you are on your game and staying away and playing careful, Peach should have a hard time killing you.

The First Worst Match:

You didn't play poorly, your recovery was just horrific. Don't ever phantasm onto stage ... especially at mid height against Peach. If anything, do it low so she can't follow up too hard on you if she nairs it. The ledge is always the best option of course, or you can just wait for the platform to come back on Smashville. I'm not going to do a lot of specific stuff on this match because I covered it in your first best match.

Take all of this stuff into consideration when you play Hero next time. You're a pretty good player and I definitely think you can consistently beat him. You just need to think a bit more about what you are during while you are playing and the cause/effect of your actions.

Also, try out Halberd for a counterpick versus Peach - she HATES that stage.
I see you chose Pokemon Stadium One as well as Lylat, both strong choices because Peach is not too great there.

Hope this helps!
Sorry about the delay :'(

[/COLLAPSE]

Getting better one step at a time.

OmegaXXII

Keep at it, you might be the best Fox soon enough, you should challenge M2K sometime or come to HOBO with Xyro and me.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
LOL, I'd like to see that actually

EDIT- yeah I caught that one. Who knew?
Are you familiar with El Fuerte's RSF loop? That loop can easily deal 300-500 damage with enough practice.

@Omega
To get a good feel for the fundamentals, I suggest starting out with competitive Street Fighter (or just wait til X Tekken maybe) as the concepts are easier to see as Smash's enhanced mobility and differing oki and whatnot can make it hard to see from a surface viewpoint.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Keep at it, you might be the best Fox soon enough, you should challenge M2K sometime or come to HOBO with Xyro and me.

I don't want to make huge claim as best Fox until I can place well OoS, or at least get to an OoS tourney LOL

I've played M2K in teams, took him to last stock. Shame it wasn't recorded.

I wish I could go to HOBO sometime soon but remember I'm in HS and I'm 15 going on 16, August 17. (Lol numbers) I'll start out by going to FL/NC/AL/SC and MAYBE MD/VA tournies first.

@Omega
To get a good feel for the fundamentals, I suggest starting out with competitive Street Fighter (or just wait til X Tekken maybe) as the concepts are easier to see as Smash's enhanced mobility and differing oki and whatnot can make it hard to see from a surface viewpoint.
SF type games are harder for me than Smash :urg: I have the hardest time Shoryuken'ing when I actually need it as an anti-air.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
SF type games are harder for me than Smash :urg: I have the hardest time Shoryuken'ing when I actually need it as an anti-air.
That's just your nerves talking. I had a hard time inputting my specials too. Everyone goes through with it.

And here's a match with me against Mike Ross back in November. Unfortunately, this doesn't reflect where I am now which is, in my opinion, much better than I was. I've hit some major strides since then. Unfortunately, this is the most recent of my matches on Youtube. I don't have a working capturing device for my 360. Well, I do, but I'm too lazy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMTDHZML8Hk&feature=player_detailpage#t=276s

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Now I feel like going to Lounis's house. You and your people look like you are having a mad fun time.

YO buttstomping LOL

Aiyyo, you must be mad legit. You chill with Mike Ross?

OmegaXXII

@Omega
To get a good feel for the fundamentals, I suggest starting out with cometitive Street Fighter (or just wait til X Tekken maybe) as the concepts are easier to see as Smash's enhanced mobility and differing oki and whatnot can make it hard to see from a surface viewpoint.
Thanks for the advice, I really appreciate it from a respectable person such as yourself.

TBH, I'm much better at Street Fighter and Tekken games than I am with Smash, but with the upcoming Street vs. Tekken scene coming up; I plan to take my style into a more serious and competative level.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Now I feel like going to Lounis's house. You and your people look like you are having a mad fun time.

YO buttstomping LOL

Aiyyo, you must be mad legit. You chill with Mike Ross?
I actually want to meet him and Gootecks one day to personally thank them, and not on Facebook, for the exposure they gave me.

It's funny how I just wound up fighting them in ranked one day by luck and then I got people on XBL recognizing me and saying I've improved since then. I wonder if it's a sign of the future.... I guess being that one weird (in a good way) guy pays off.

@Omega
Mixups are looking to be very important in X Tekken so you should enjoy that game.

OmegaXXII

That's just your nerves talking. I had a hard time inputting my specials too. Everyone goes through with it.

And here's a match with me against Mike Ross back in November. Unfortunately, this doesn't reflect where I am now which is, in my opinion, much better than I was. I've hit some major strides since then. Unfortunately, this is the most recent of my matches on Youtube. I don't have a working capturing device for my 360. Well, I do, but I'm too lazy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMTDHZML8Hk&feature=player_detailpage#t=276s

Wow, that was mad awesome skills you had with Fuerte against Mike, it seems you've been recognized as possibly a high ranking player, now that's legit, I'll be lucky if I even reach your level of technicality.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Lol, my execution is actually not that great. I suck at doing the links in SF4 for the most part (I prefer chains by far). And then I can't do the run stop pressure games, like at all. With the way I play, I turned one of my weaknesses, a tendency to be appear random with conversations and actions, into a strength.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
I actually want to meet him and Gootecks one day to personally thank them, and not on Facebook, for the exposure they gave me.

It's funny how I just wound up fighting them in ranked one day by luck and then I got people on XBL recognizing me and saying I've improved since then. I wonder if it's a sign of the future.... I guess being that one weird (in a good way) guy pays off.

@Omega
Mixups are looking to be very important in X Tekken so you should enjoy that game.
I'm in the same boat as you, right now BigLou and Hero are the biggest reasons I'm getting to be worth anything right now. BigLou told me not to thank him verbally, he said thank him by beating him one day in tourney. So that's one goal I have to get.

Derp.

Man this is sounding very adventurous, like you guys are outset with a purpose.

"I WILL get stronger..."

@Iblis: Man Illematic was NOT joking about that fresh stock damage giveaway.
Yeah I know, now I perfectly understand.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I'm in the same boat as you, right now BigLou and Hero are the biggest reasons I'm getting to be worth anything right now. BigLou told me not to thank him verbally, he said thank him by beating him one day in tourney. So that's one goal I have to get.
We're in the same boat, but for different reasons. They gave me the exposure, but the local competition, making the haters madder, and my own desire to achieve greatness while going about it my way keep me going. I'm naturally a competitive guy, but I don't have the nature where I'll hate someone for losing to them. I get back up and decide to keep trying to win and find his/her weaknesses.

@nLiM8d
I actually keep him in Japanese. While I have a strong tolerance for the annoying (as I, myself, can be annoying without even trying), I don't think the voice suits him.

And for Iblis not being able to thank him verbally, I think it's where the student should surpass the master.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
@Iblis: You can't thank him verbally? What the hell is this? The heart of the cards?
Maybe...LOL

We're in the same boat, but for different reasons. They gave me the exposure, but the local competition, making the haters madder, and my own desire to achieve greatness while going about it my way keep me going. I'm naturally a competitive guy, but I don't have the nature where I'll hate someone for losing to them. I get back up and decide to keep trying to win and find his/her weaknesses.
Yo we should be brothers! That's exactly I how I am. I enjoy losing which seems to make people mad when they want me to give them the imad reaction.

OmegaXXII

Lol, my execution is actually not that great. I suck at doing the links in SF4 for the most part (I prefer chains by far). And then I can't do the run stop pressure games, like at all. With the way I play, I turned one of my weaknesses, a tendency to be appear random with conversations and actions, into a strength.
Yea, chain combos seem to be a hassle at times when it comes to grabs and such, I tend to spam any projetiles when I'm In a tough situation which isn't good when my opponent has me by the ropes,

This has me inspired alot!! seeing you in action makes me want to improve even further and capitilaize on on zoning and such.

@xIBlisx: You are a Super Saiyan!!!!

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Lol I trying to be Super Sayian 4 though!

Yeah, everytime I go to Lounis's house and I tell him thanks he tells me he says beat me in tourney. LOL

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Yo we should be brothers! That's exactly I how I am. I enjoy losing which seems to make people mad when they want me to give them the imad reaction.
It's funny to see them mad as that's happened to me for the last three weeks in person. That being said, it's rather discouraging to have them telling you hateful things. They don't want to blame themselves, but me for their loss.

Yea, chain combos seem to be a hassle at times when it comes to grabs and such, I tend to spam any projetiles when I'm In a tough situation which isn't good when my opponent has me by the ropes,

This has me inspired alot!! seeing you in action makes me want to improve even further and capitilaize on on zoning and such.

@xIBlisx: You are a Super Saiyan!!!!
I prefer chain combos over ones entirely out of linking normals. IMO, chains is one of the best things to happen to fighting games. I'm fine with linking certain parts of the combo, but not the whole thing.

Speaking of projectiles, I hate playing characters with projectiles for the most part because I feel like I'm sacrificing mobility if I have to use it a lot.

And I'm glad to see this inspired you. It'd be nice if the lurkers/regulars were reading this stuff and it got them wanting to play competitively.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
I wonder if they could make something like this but only Fox.

Hmm I think SSJ2 and 3 would be pushing it because you would need the hair to tell the difference.

OmegaXXII

I prefer chain combos over ones entirely out of linking normals. IMO, chains is one of the best things to happen to fighting games. I'm fine with linking certain parts of the combo, but not the whole thing.

Speaking of projectiles, I hate playing characters with projectiles for the most part because I feel like I'm sacrificing mobility if I have to use it a lot.

And I'm glad to see this inspired you. It'd be nice if the lurkers/regulars were reading this stuff and it got them wanting to play competitively.
That's the thing about projectiles, I tend to lose mobility; therefore I'm succommed to a punishing blow which now that I think about it, I shouldn't be doing in the first place. :/

Even though chains aren't really what I tend to focus on, I still will take a look at it and experiment with SSF4 while I await SxT.

I will start recording my matches soon so you could give me some useful advice over them. :)

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
@Iblis: It aint that big a deal, just work around that gumdrop of a dome fox has and pull something along.
I could see that working for SSJ2 but I don't want SSJ3 anymore it looks stupid on Fox when I think about it. Word so I'll be just like Vegeta. LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom